Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
80s Hair and Hard Rock Bands
Midee1 Wrote:Anyone familiar with a guitarist named Kane Roberts. He played on Alice Coopers Freedom. Played without a pick in some sort of open hand style. Awesome solo if I could ever find the song again.

If you don't have this download it

Maggotbrain

by parliment/funkadelic from 73/74 george clinton asked the guitarist to play like he was playing at his mothers funeral.
still give me chills when I hear it.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:i am cracking up man...that is the ultimate right there..and I had an 87 Iroc that was gray when i was in High school, lol..

I had a black 87 IROC just about 10 years ago. Maybe some day I'll grow up.:dontthink
I went to Lexington and seen them in concert in 1989 or 90. I was in the 8th grade. Faster Pussycat opened for them...That show was arguably the greatest show I have ever seen. It was better than any AC/DC show I went too..but when i seen that video and seen him doing that, i was blown away, lol..id get dizzy, but I guess when you were on what they were on, it didnt really matter, lol..Tommy Lee ruled.
Midee1 Wrote:Oh hell yes. Did you see Tommy Lee's solo in the video where the drums were on a moving platform and they spun him around while he played?
Midee1 Wrote:Oh hell yes. Did you see Tommy Lee's solo in the video where the drums were on a moving platform and they spun him around while he played?
yeah

but his work with Pam was ..................Inspirational in the jeep and on the boat.LOL
My favorits are; AC/DC, Alice In Chains, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Motorhead, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, Rage Against the Machine, Quite Riot, The Scorpions, and Twisted Sisters. Thats all I can think of right now.
well that was 13 years ago for me, and I still want another one, lol..I loved that car.
Midee1 Wrote:I had a black 87 IROC just about 10 years ago. Maybe some day I'll grow up.:dontthink
Midee1 Wrote:Anyone familiar with a guitarist named Kane Roberts. He played on Alice Coopers Freedom. Played without a pick in some sort of open hand style. Awesome solo if I could ever find the song again.

I'm not even sure if that is the name of the song. It has the catch phrase "Raise your fist and yell" in it but I cannot seem to find it on Limewire.

Any thoughts?
well thats a pretty good list right there, pal...Other than Rage, I listened to every bit of that, lol...
warriorpride Wrote:My favorits are; AC/DC, Alice In Chains, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Motorhead, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, Rage Against the Machine, Quite Riot, The Scorpions, and Twisted Sisters. Thats all I can think of right now.
Doc Holliday Wrote:yeah

but his work with Pam was ..................Inspirational in the jeep and on the boat.LOL

:yes: :partyhard :blonde:
yeah and before her was Heather Locklear...poor guy, lol
Doc Holliday Wrote:yeah

Midee1 Wrote:I had a black 87 IROC just about 10 years ago. Maybe some day I'll grow up.:dontthink

I completed a 79 corvette restoration, OCC 911 red, factory sidepipes and all, last summer, sold it, and picked up a 02 Honda 1800VTX retro, I plan on never growing up.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah and before her was Heather Locklear...poor guy, lol

What a rough life.
Doc Holliday Wrote:I completed a 79 corvette restoration, OCC 911 red, factory sidepipes and all, last summer, sold it, and picked up a 02 Honda 1800VTX retro, I plan on never growing up.

Me either. I just plan on growing old. I spent Saturday evening watching my son and his girlfriend get kicked out of every bar we went to.
on my way to McDowell, I pass by a house on 979 where a guy just finished restoring a 79 Vette, and I LOVE that car..
Doc Holliday Wrote:I completed a 79 corvette restoration, OCC 911 red, factory sidepipes and all, last summer, sold it, and picked up a 02 Honda 1800VTX retro, I plan on never growing up.
i have a 97 6 speed Formula, and im wanting a 70-81 Trans Am, and an Iroc before I start "growing up" (yeah right, lol)..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:i have a 97 6 speed Formula, and im wanting a 70-81 Trans Am, and an Iroc before I start "growing up" (yeah right, lol)..

I'm down to a new Mustang and an Expedition. But I am always looking for another project. Have been seriously contemplating building me another rigid Harley chopper.
Im also contemplating on getting that 78 power wagon Dodge like I used to have, lol..that was another great vehicle i owned.
Also Autograph! I can't believe I am putting this on here. But, tell me what group sang this:
Speak of the devil
He's no friend of mine
To turn from him is what we have in mind

Just a liar and a thief
The word tells us so
We like to let him know
Where he can go!

LOL!!!!
sounds like something Stryper would have sang
OffTheHook Wrote:Also Autograph! I can't believe I am putting this on here. But, tell me what group sang this:Speak of the devil
He's no friend of mine
To turn from him is what we have in mind

Just a liar and a thief
The word tells us so
We like to let him know
Where he can go!

LOL!!!!
what are you doing in Mcdowell?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:sounds like something Stryper would have sang

We have a weener!!! LOL!!! You mean you guys didn't listen to STRYPER!!! LOL!
to hell with the devil
im through there every day for my job, lol..u live around there?
Doc Holliday Wrote:what are you doing in Mcdowell?
lucky guess, lol...them and White Lion were the two bands i would not listen too, lol
OffTheHook Wrote:We have a weener!!! LOL!!! You mean you guys didn't listen to STRYPER!!! LOL!
I will say though that Micheal Sweet could hit some pretty freakin high notes!!
Speaking of White Lion, Remember Mr. Big? Billy Sheen is one of the Greatest Bassist ever!
mr big and extreme were two more i couldnt listen too, lol..although he was a great bassist..
OffTheHook Wrote:Speaking of White Lion, Remember Mr. Big? Billy Sheen is one of the Greatest Bassist ever!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:mr big and extreme were two more i couldnt listen too, lol..although he was a great bassist..

I didn't listen to them much either But, "More Than Words" Is a good song by Extreme.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:im through there every day for my job, lol..u live around there?

close but no cigar, I almost lost a foot there, a long time ago. Live a little south of that area, But i have some close friends that do.
Midee1 Wrote:I'm down to a new Mustang and an Expedition. But I am always looking for another project. Have been seriously contemplating building me another rigid Harley chopper.
How you like the stang
I had a sweet little mach 1. but that too is forever gone.