Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
80s Hair and Hard Rock Bands
I was 16 and I listened to "The Wall", Nazareth's "'Hair of the Dog" and Foghat's "Live" and "Stone Blue" all the time.
Trust me I listened to all of that music. It was just a bit older when I got to enjoy it.Smile

I am downloading some old Vixen right now.
"Lick it up" is playing on hair nation.
they asked Gene and Paul why they hadn't released anything new and they said who would play it?
Doc Holliday Wrote:"Lick it up" is playing on hair nation.
they asked Gene and Paul why they hadn't released anything new and they said who would play it?

I would play it. I always loved Kiss. They were before my time too but my cousin turned me on to them. I think I will go download Lick it up.
I got to see Foghat at breedings in Lexington for 7 bucks. They rocked and I swear they did a 15 min long version of "Slow Ride" as an encore.

I lived about 350 ft from Night Moves the club, when I went to UK and there was blues band that came in one night and im not sure how but I wound up on stage doing the worst version of "sweet home chicago" ever done in public but had a great time in the process. They change the name not long after that and put in a beach volleyball court and a buddie of mine came in for the weekend and didn't know it. We had been out clubing with a couple of friends came in the parking lot flying and broke up a volleyball game with his caddie, the expression on everyone face was priceless.
Midee1 Wrote:I would play it. I always loved Kiss. They were before my time too but my cousin turned me on to them. I think I will go download Lick it up.
while youre at it get "Heaven on fire" and "God Of thunder"
Doc Holliday Wrote:while youre at it get "Heaven on fire" and "God Of thunder"

Done and Done. Love Kiss
Slaughter was a great late 80s band...and the Crue..although they were early 90s, Alice In Chains, STP and Soundgarden were probably my two fav bands in high school..the 80s had some good bands though, the best decade EVER for power ballads!
Foghat was A GREAT BAND, them, Grand Funk Railroad, the Van Halen stuff in the late 70s, Kiss, Sabbath, Zeppellin, and of course all of the southern rock 70s...man, you all have great taste in music, if i may say so..
Here we go with a few more:
Accept, Britny Fox, Kings X and Yngwie Malmsteen!

Man I loved those days!
The Bullet Boys, Steve Vai released a solo album, along with Ace Frehley (fraleys comet), Trixter (lol), the Scorpions, Cinderella..the Bullet Boys released a cover of "Rock Candy" that ROCKED!
OffTheHook Wrote:Here we go with a few more:

Man I loved those days!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Slaughter was a great late 80s band...and the Crue..although they were early 90s, Alice In Chains, STP and Soundgarden were probably my two fav bands in high school..the 80s had some good bands though, the best decade EVER for power ballads!

Alice and Chains SNOWMAN

I saw them and the lead singer was in a wheel chair, now he has passed on.
Way too soon.

Boys Im cranking up some Great White this moment!
Rock me followed up by the Crue with a little Primal Scream,

Man I loved those days!

Man I thought I was the only one that listened to Britny Fox.

Man I loved those days!

Balls to the Wall!!!!
another great band, GW!! yeah I was a big fan of pretty much everything they did..my song in high school was Sea of Sorrow, but I loved Rooster, etc...Tesla was great in the 80s AND the 90s..What You Give was another of my fav songs..
Doc Holliday Wrote:Alice and Chains SNOWMAN

I saw them and the lead singer was in a wheel chair, now he has passed on.
Way too soon.

Boys Im cranking up some Great White this moment!
Rock me followed up by the Crue with a little Primal Scream,
Well I know one thing if a hair band day happens anywhere near I have a feeling that we could see some of our BGR family making fools of ourselves. But enjoying every min of it.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Well I know one thing if a hair band day happens anywhere near I have a feeling that we could see some of our BGR family making fools of ourselves. But enjoying every min of it.

I would be there. Although I have a lot more fat and a lot less hair than I did in the 80's.
LOL...yeah that would be great....indeed...Living Colour had a song in the 80s too, the Cult of Personality, great song..but they faded away pretty quick...I loved Cinderella too..Nobodys fool...and although i was never a U2 fan, the Joshua Tree was a great CD..dont know if id call that hair band music though..
My best man used to be a high school band teacher, and at homecoming he had the band play Mama Im coming home at the basketball game, November Rain at the football homecoming. the man new how to rock.

Ask Jamming Jamie on bgr I think he was in the band back then.
put your Joe Dirt wig on, steal somebodys Berlinetta, throw out the Rick Springfield cassette, put in April Wine and come on!:rockon:
Midee1 Wrote:I would be there. Although I have a lot more fat and a lot less hair than I did in the 80's.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Slaughter was a great late 80s band...and the Crue..although they were early 90s, Alice In Chains, STP and Soundgarden were probably my two fav bands in high school..the 80s had some good bands though, the best decade EVER for power ballads!

Excuse me? Crue were releasing albums in the early 80s. "Shout at The Devil" 1983 & "Theatre of Pain" was released in 1985.

Also 2 more were LA Guns and God forgive us for not mentioning them till now VAN HALEN!!!
Anyone familiar with a guitarist named Kane Roberts. He played on Alice Coopers Freedom. Played without a pick in some sort of open hand style. Awesome solo if I could ever find the song again.
oh man, that Ozzie cd was IMO, by FAR his best one...thats early 90s stuff, thats my music right there pal...that whole cd, the Metallica black album and Justice, anything from GNR, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam (pre-political crap), Alice in Chains and STP...I liked the early 80s Brian Adams, John Cougar Mellencamp too..
Doc Holliday Wrote:My best man used to be a high school band teacher, and at homecoming he had the band play Mama Im coming home at the basketball game, November Rain at the football homecoming. the man new how to rock.

Ask Jamming Jamie on bgr I think he was in the band back then.
OffTheHook Wrote:Excuse me? Crue were releasing albums in the early 80s. "Shout at The Devil" 1983 & "Theatre of Pain" was released in 1985.

Also 2 more were LA Guns and God forgive us for not mentioning them till now VAN HALEN!!!

Hang your phone back up. I read it the same way the first time. He was talking about the 2 bands afterwards. Smile
no no...I said that, I just included the 90s stuff in another set after the sentences, lol...The Crue was a great 80s band, the best song they done IMO was off of the 1987 Girls Girls Girls album, Wildside..awesome!!! thats what i was saying, lol..sorry, lol...hey, The Cult was a good band then too
OffTheHook Wrote:Excuse me? Crue were releasing albums in the early 80s. "Shout at The Devil" 1983 & "Theatre of Pain" was released in 1985.

Midee1 Wrote:Hang your phone back up. I read it the same way the first time. He was talking about the 2 bands afterwards. Smile

My Bad! LOL!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:put your Joe Dirt wig on, steal somebodys Berlinetta, throw out the Rick Springfield cassette, put in April Wine and come on!:rockon:

"Nature of the beast" a great album.

And I had Jesses girl, and it was a z28 mky friend, black and silver.
LOL
TidesHoss32 Wrote:no no...I said that, I just included the 90s stuff in another set after the sentences, lol...The Crue was a great 80s band, the best song they done IMO was off of the 1987 Girls Girls Girls album, Wildside..awesome!!! thats what i was saying, lol..sorry, lol...hey, The Cult was a good band then too

Oh hell yes. Did you see Tommy Lee's solo in the video where the drums were on a moving platform and they spun him around while he played?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:no no...I said that, I just included the 90s stuff in another set after the sentences, lol...The Crue was a great 80s band, the best song they done IMO was off of the 1987 Girls Girls Girls album, Wildside..awesome!!! thats what i was saying, lol..sorry, lol...hey, The Cult was a good band then too

Crue "Looks That Kill" and To Young to Fall In LovE"!
i am cracking up man...that is the ultimate right there..and I had an 87 Iroc that was gray when i was in High school, lol..
Doc Holliday Wrote:"Nature of the beast" a great album.

And I had Jesses girl, and it was a z28 mky friend, black and silver.
LOL