Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville College Men's basketball(0-4):A Look at their losses.
11/2 Alice Lloyd @ Alice Lloyd Lost 80-95 (0-1)
11/4 Shawnee State @Shawnee State Lost 60-89 (0-2)
11/7 King College @ Pikeville Lost 66-69 (0-3)
11/11 Mountain State @ Mtn. State Lost 47-86 (0-4)

I saw their schedule and I'm not sure that they'll get 2 maybe 3 wins this season, Whats going on at PC, Really?? They play in arguably the top Conference,Mid-South, in the NAIA and are getting beat by 15pts to Alice Lloyd not to mention Alice Lloyd nearly putting up 100pts on them. They will get destroyed when the mid south games start. I wish them the best but it looks to me like Kelly Wells is in over his head. They may improve though..On their roster the only two local freshman on Varsity were Brandon May and Brad Lowe. Anyway good luck to those guys,I hope things work out.
I do not know Coach Wells but I know Pikeville college.

He had nothing to work with, they will get better and I think they got 2 players coming in in Dec. that are good.

In 2 years PC will be challenging G-town
That looks awful.
Wow, I can't believe Alice Lloyd beat them so handily.
this guy just has to build oh what he had when he came in...he came to a struggling program who nearly has had no hope the past couple of seasons...Wells is a great coach i mean come on people he lead a team to the state finals and coached in Hawii he will make them succesful we can not expect him to change a program in one year...It takes time for the players to get use to playing for a new coach and he has to learn what style fits them the best...
They need to be practicing freethrows...from what I understand this is probably the worst freethrow shooting team Pikeville's ever had.
They made a mistake by taking players from the 15th Region. Yeah its great to see them playing for our local college but, the other local NAIA colleges recruit alot better players from around the country. But I guess they will learn from there mistakes.
blackcat_student Wrote:They made a mistake by taking players from the 15th Region. Yeah its great to see them playing for our local college but, the other local NAIA colleges recruit alot better players from around the country. But I guess they will learn from there mistakes.

Then what's their excuse for losing to Alice Lloyd? ALC can only recruit from certain counties in EKY.
SEKYscout Wrote:Wow, I can't believe Alice Lloyd beat them so handily.

ALC is a very good team
windmill Wrote:ALC is a very good team
No offense to you because I do respect your opinion but ALC is not a very good team at all. If you put them up against Georgetown College or Lindsey Wilson or any of the top teams in the Mid-South they'd get beat 40 or more. Thats just reality.
Coach Wells is obviously a quality coach, just give him time. Each and every year, you will see an improvement at Pikeville College! Good luck guys!
Moe Wrote:No offense to you because I do respect your opinion but ALC is not a very good team at all. If you put them up against Georgetown College or Lindsey Wilson or any of the top teams in the Mid-South they'd get beat 40 or more. Thats just reality.

I agree 100%...not a very strong team at all...not even the top team in their conference. (A conference that only has 6 teams: Alice Lloyd, Asbury, Berea, Indiana Southeast, Spalding, & St. Louis School of Phamacy)
IRISH4 Wrote:They need to be practicing freethrows...from what I understand this is probably the worst freethrow shooting team Pikeville's ever had.
Didn't see last years team did you??
They were awful as well.
Actually I did watch a few games at the Expo just to see the talent Campbellsville and Georgetown had. Last years team couldn't throw one in the ocean and I heard all the gossip around town how this season's team is going to be a lot better than last. Well, they lost to Wise in OT last night and from what the radio said they missed about 20 freethrows in regulation and about 7 or 8 in overtime to only lose by about 5. They will be lucky to win 5 games all season.
Moe Wrote:On their roster the only two local freshman on Varsity were Brandon May and Brad Lowe.

You have already had a couple of the Wells local recruits quit and a couple local kids join since the season has started, they joined the JV squad.
Who has quit??
I'm not around pikeville until dec. would like to have some updates. I know there isnt alot of talent there. Who is he looking to bring in.
I heard that Ryan Johnson from South Floyd quit.
clipperw Wrote:I heard that Ryan Johnson from South Floyd quit.

Ryan Johnson and Johnson Central's Kyle Rice. Johnson Central product Ryan Fannin(06') joined the JV squad, former Shelby Valley SG Paul Terry Fleming(03'), Pikeville PG Justin Bell(03'), Paintsville's Robert Chafin(03') and Pikeville's Jordan Keene(02') have all joined the JV squad as well.
Any one got the jv roster?
Honestly, I dont think any of these guys are better than anyone on the varsity. No offense, bu tcoach wells needs to bring in some out of region, out of state guys.
wellf rom what i hear as of now the college is really ting off on the coaching staffs telling them they need to recruit more local talent than out of region talent...

Example: the new soccer team they put in last year...the college told the coach that he WAS NOT aloud to get more than 2/3 kids out side a 200 mile radius...
rainout Wrote:Honestly, I dont think any of these guys are better than anyone on the varsity. No offense, bu tcoach wells needs to bring in some out of region, out of state guys.

Uh, yeah, that's why they play JV. The varsity roster is all out-of-state guys except for maybe 3-4.
and their best player is local Brad Lowe from what i hear he is their only bright spot as of now...
Ryan Johnson did quit. He's my bro.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:and their best player is local Brad Lowe from what i hear he is their only bright spot as of now...

You heard wrong.
Moe Wrote:No offense to you because I do respect your opinion but ALC is not a very good team at all. If you put them up against Georgetown College or Lindsey Wilson or any of the top teams in the Mid-South they'd get beat 40 or more. Thats just reality.

ALC hasn't been too good in the past few years but I saw them play earlier this year and they were tough. I don't think the Mid South teams would beat the team I saw by 40 points or more. They may beat them but in most cases it would be close. They had some very good players and moved the ball up and down the floor so well - it was almost like watching the Cats play in the Rick Pitino era. They shot the ball really well, had some good size, and had few turnovers. By the way, I think they won that game by like 40 plus points. Give them a little credit this year.... they're not as bad as before.
PC looks sloppy every time I do go and watch them..
They do look very sloppy but you can see that Brad Lowe is a very promising player.
PC has most definitely improved, but still not doin so well. They gained those two player's; Bo Harris #34, and Will Holoman #1; And let me tell you from seeing most of their games, they are improving. They are stuck in a little hole right now. If they ever get over their hump, they'll be good. Keep it guys, I'm rootin for ya'ns!! GO BEARS!!
Yes they are improving. Its also great to see a player from this area do so well in college (Brad Lowe).