Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Ten softball teams in the 15th in 07
Who do you feel are the top ten teams in softball for the 15th region?
BUNDY Wrote:Who do you feel are the top ten teams in softball for the 15th region?

well... I think SC is in there... low down but they are in there...
I think Valley will be excellent once again this year!
Magoffin County should be good.
mcfan1 Wrote:Magoffin County should be good.
Magoffin County is always pretty good!
I think a more expierenced Dalton Combs will pitch her way right to the top of the 15th Region as she had a great season last year. Hornets should better this year. Johnson Central, Sheldon Clark and Belfry.
SV, JC, MC. I just don't see SC up there though.
MC should be pretty good this year
Pre-season top teams:
[B]Johnson Central[/B]- returns a talented group of players...look for this group to be very strong defensively.

Shelby Valley - Even with the loss of Bentley, Coach Napier returns an upcoming pitcher in Stanley and should be able to surround her with an experienced group lead by Esther Fleming and shortstop...

Lawrence County should be able to field a talented group as well.
OffTheHook Wrote:SV, JC, MC. I just don't see SC up there though.

I know.. just gotta b for the underdogs tho!
I don't think Esther is playing this year for Shelby Valley, nor is Sally Roberts or Mika Adkins.
Could hurt valley, without Fleming. Don't kno wmuch abou the other 2 on the softball field!
SC has been in a slump, plus they lost some players to graduation. Magoffin, JC, and Valley will be the teams to beat. Belfry isnt too bad either.
lawrence county will do very good this year
Let's start the debate

Here are my top ten teams

1. Shelby Valley
2. Johnson Central
3. Magoffin Co.
4. East Ridge
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Pikeville
7. Belfry
8. Paintsville
9. Allen Cent.
10. Pike Co. Cent.

okay guys lets here it!!!!!!
BUNDY Wrote:Let's start the debate

Here are my top ten teams

1. Shelby Valley
2. Johnson Central
3. Magoffin Co.
4. East Ridge
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Pikeville
7. Belfry
8. Paintsville
9. Allen Cent.
10. Pike Co. Cent.

okay guys lets here it!!!!!!
Yea that looks good.
I would say JC is #1 SV #2 and ER #3 Pikeville#4 then MC, then rest of the region!
I would flip 9 and 10 due to AC losing thier pitcher and lowe being back at PCC
JC at 1, MC 2, then Valley at 3. Who will be Valleys pitcher since Bentley leaving
I think her name is Ashley Stanley! Lot of potential from what I've seen.
Who won the region in softball last year?
mcfan1 Wrote:Who won the region in softball last year?

Shelby Valley
Yea Valley the last 2 years!
lawrence county will win it all.
I think ac will do great this year they migh have lost some players but i know they got a few new players this year who is actually really good
ER has to replace the pitcher, catcher and first baseman. Does anyone know who will fill these spots. I know Caitlin Conley and Amanda Sawyers pitched JV for them last year. ER has good coaches and will be ready when the season starts.
So any news if Shelby Valleys Case will be playing this year. I have talked to some people over the off season and they have said that she had some problems with her legs and she hasn't been able to run or do strinuous activity since around Sept. Any news on her?
LoveThatCourt Wrote:ER has to replace the pitcher, catcher and first baseman. Does anyone know who will fill these spots. I know Caitlin Conley and Amanda Sawyers pitched JV for them last year. ER has good coaches and will be ready when the season starts.

East Ridge won't be at the top of the region but are definite contenders. With the loss of the seniors from the last 2 years they will have some big footsteps to fill. I have saw Conley and Sawyers play since they were pretty young and I think that both will be able to step in and play some major roles this season. Conley has a good arm in pitching as well as being a quick catcher. Sawyers is an all around good athlete as well. Conley has it in her blood, Courtney was an awesome player no matter what sport it was and Amanda's brother was a great baseball player so they both come by it naturally.

If Fleming and Roberts do not return for Valley then they will struggle to fill their shoes. Both are first class athletes in softball as well as basketball.

Last I heard the Case girl will be back this year.
Good Luck this season! Go Bat Kats!
Is this a definate thing? If not it will hurt that Bat Cats. What type of injury was it?