Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 56 Shelby Valley 48
OffTheHook Wrote:No-one is writing them off. Everyone has just been waiting for it to happen so they could nagg on the SV faithfuls alittle. Everyone knows SV has a good team. But, with all the talk about the BIG blowouts they were handing the weak teams early in the season and how awesome they were. You and everyone else should have known it was coming. This will more than likely be the highest posting thread for the next few days.

I told alfus21 this on page 2 of the thread. Iknew it was going to happen. LOL!
Hazard just barely escaped with a win ,that they can't brag too much about' If Justice and Bryant had been left on Hicks, SV would have been the winner. Hazard look very sloppy.
Here is my unbiased opinion as I am not a fan from either Hazard or Shelby Valley. I was really impressed with both teams. Shelby Valley passed the ball extremely well and looked unstoppable in the first quarter. They had a solid game plan and shut Hicks down early. They should be the favorite in the 15th. Hazard played better defense in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. Their size and athletic ability finally got the best of Shelby Valley. I am not sure of the stats, but Shelby Valley missed a bunch of Free throws that could have made a difference in the game. Also missed a lot of shots on the inside but I credit the athletes of Hazard for contesting those shots on the inside. As for the refs, I thought it was very well officiated. All refs will miss a call or two, but this had no outcome on the game at all.
still......shocked
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:still......shocked

Likewise. After reading all the hype from people on here about SV I am stunned. I thought this team was supposed to win all the games by as many points as the freshman wanted to all year. I can't believe the great Shelby Valley Globetrotters have been defeated.
yea but i think Shelby Valley will be back on there feet for the next game
Us Valley Dwellers as everyone likes to calls us knew that Valley would be beat this yr just a matter of time. I haven't read anywhere that we said any different. Valley fans we just happy with the teams winning streak as would any team fan would be. As for all the hype about us bragging and building them up as a underdefeat team and couldn't be beat and all that crap I think that came from all the Valley haters. No one from Valley has done that as I can find. People start stuff on here and then Valley gets the blame for bragging that their the best and all that. Then you like to call Valley over-rated and all. Give me a break find where we said the best and unbeatable from a Valley fan. You can't, but you will find it from the people who don't like Valley. They are a young team and will be a good team for a couple of yrs but they will get beat and they and WE know that. And while I'm at it where did any Valley Dweller say anything about bad calls, again someone from another team.
Congrats to Hazard! They played really good half court defense and slowed SV down the most I've seen this season. I knew that's what it would take to beat this team. Neither team played well offensively and both turned the ball over quite a lot. All in all the referring was good and I don't see any reason for SV to be discouraged about this one. I though Goodson came in off the bench and played some good minutes with Bryant getting most of the easy baskets and trips to the charity strip. Hicks got the majority of his points from the line as well and hit a big 3 down the stretch to give Hazard a little momentum. It seemed like Valley was too predictable on offense tonight with the high post screen going to one-on-one which really didn't seem to be effective against Hazard's tough D. They jammed the middle on SV and took away some easy drives. Hazard also did a great job breaking SV's 2-2-1 zone pressure defense which forced Valley to try to get something going in the half court which I don't think ever really happened.
Congrats to Hazard! They played really good half court defense and slowed SV down the most I've seen this season. I knew that's what it would take to beat this team. Neither team played well offensively and both turned the ball over quite a lot. All in all the referring was good and I don't see any reason for SV to be discouraged about this one. I though Goodson came in off the bench and played some good minutes with Bryant getting most of the easy baskets and trips to the charity strip. Hicks got the majority of his points from the line as well and hit a big 3 down the stretch to give Hazard a little momentum. It seemed like Valley was too predictable on offense tonight with the high post screen going to one-on-one which really didn't seem to be effective against Hazard's tough D. They jammed the middle on SV and took away some easy drives. Hazard also did a great job breaking SV's 2-2-1 zone pressure defense which took away some of the points off turnovers that Valley had been getting most of the season. I believe this was a great learning experience for both teams and it will pay off later this season.
eldorado Wrote:Hazard also did a great job breaking SV's 2-2-1 zone pressure defense .
Really???
Is that why they has 19 turnovers?
SV Wildcat Wrote:Us Valley Dwellers as everyone likes to calls us knew that Valley would be beat this yr just a matter of time. I haven't read anywhere that we said any different. Valley fans we just happy with the teams winning streak as would any team fan would be. As for all the hype about us bragging and building them up as a underdefeat team and couldn't be beat and all that crap I think that came from all the Valley haters. No one from Valley has done that as I can find. People start stuff on here and then Valley gets the blame for bragging that their the best and all that. Then you like to call Valley over-rated and all. Give me a break find where we said the best and unbeatable from a Valley fan. You can't, but you will find it from the people who don't like Valley. They are a young team and will be a good team for a couple of yrs but they will get beat and they and WE know that. And while I'm at it where did any Valley Dweller say anything about bad calls, again someone from another team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyballer
SV wont have any competition until they get to region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVWildcat2010
I am going to predict that Shelby Valley wins this one by 80+ points. We was the first team in the area to score over 100 points in a game and we are going to be the first team in the area to beat someone by 100 points. With the great play by Hatfield, Taylor Newsome and Elisha, there isnt anyway we can lose this game or any game this year until we get to Rupp!
venom93 Wrote:Quote:
Originally Posted by kyballer
SV wont have any competition until they get to region

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVWildcat2010
I am going to predict that Shelby Valley wins this one by 80+ points. We was the first team in the area to score over 100 points in a game and we are going to be the first team in the area to beat someone by 100 points. With the great play by Hatfield, Taylor Newsome and Elisha, there isnt anyway we can lose this game or any game this year until we get to Rupp!
there ya go Alfus21
fox sports Wrote:Really???
Is that why they has 19 turnovers?

Yep. For the most part Hazard handled the pressure and the majority of the turnovers were around the basket and in half court offensive sets. Sure they had a lot of turnovers but so did SV. Hazard definitely handled the press better than any team I've seen play against Valley this season.
free throw Wrote:Hazard just barely escaped with a win ,that they can't brag too much about' If Justice and Bryant had been left on Hicks, SV would have been the winner. Hazard look very sloppy.

What punjabi bulldog79 forgot was we use puncuation, proper spelling, and capitalization or our post are deleted.
hazrd played sloppy but came out with the win thats all that matters if
To me it looks like Shelby Valley lost it in the 2nd quarter, They only scored 4 points
TRAIN85 Wrote:If if and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas. Take the loss go on with the season, and stop whining about it.

The thing is i heard nobody whinning. I just heard people bragging and trying to act like they have it all now. which you don't. Sv can come back and beat you all next time. It was a bad night for Sv players. So just Drop the subject!
Friends4life Wrote:nobody is whinning about it. and that little thing you come up with is gay. The thing is i heard nobody whinning. I just heard people bragging and trying to act like they have it all now. which you dont. Sv can come back and beat you all next time. It was a bad night for Sv players. So just Drop the subject!

Everyone told all the SV posters that when they got beat by a real legit team that they were gonna hear it. So just take it with a grain a salt and keep on going.:howdy:
OffTheHook Wrote:Everyone told all the SV posters that when they got beat by a real legit team that they were gonna hear it. So just take it with a grain a salt and keep on going.:howdy:

like you even know what your talking about. Yeah SV got beat SO WHAT. Who cares. You people just hate us. Why? dont really know, just for the simple fact that we have made it to rupp before.

YOUR'S AND EVERYBODY ELSE'S OPINION DOESNT REALLY MATTER TO ME OR ANYBODY ELSE FROM SV. SO ENOUGH SAID. DROP IT!
I can not believe that Hazard upset SV. This blows, cause SV is no longer undefeated. SV played a bad game to lose to the dawgs. But The Cats will get back on their feet and beat the living tar out of Pineville. Sv wins by 25+.
Friends4life Wrote:like you even know what your talking about. Yeah SV got beat SO WHAT. Who cares. You people just hate us. Why? dont really know, just for the simple fact that we have made it to rupp before.

YOUR'S AND EVERYBODY ELSE'S OPINION DOESNT REALLY MATTER TO ME OR ANYBODY ELSE FROM SV. SO ENOUGH SAID. DROP IT!
OK Your Opinion dont matter either so why say anything??????
Ok, so SV lost. Its not the end of the world. Hazard is a good team with great half court defense. It is hard to win if you shoot 32% from the field, SV didn't play very well at all for the most part. They had there bright spots, but sometimes you just don't have your A game. I don't think Hazard played particularly well either. This one could have went the other way, but sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. Teams lose, its just part of it, its how you bounce back that tells the real story. It was a good ball game, but overall I think SV and Hazard have played better.
We are still starting 3 freshman, a soph, and a junior. I think most teams would take the squad at SV and not complain. This group has a chance to be really special.
yeah they do in a couple of years they will be a team to receckon with.
Basketball is a weird sport, If they play 10 games against each other they would probably go 5-5 but Hazard was just the better team on this night.
great game for both teams!! but valleys defense layed it to hicks and they had some # 3 step up..does anyone no his name?? Hatfield had the worst game of his life,0 points on 4 attemps..he is suppost to be sick..does neone think that he would have made a diffrene in the game
PF23 Wrote:great game for both teams!! but valleys defense layed it to hicks and they had some # 3 step up..does anyone no his name?? Hatfield had the worst game of his life,0 points on 4 attemps..he is suppost to be sick..does neone think that he would have made a diffrene in the game
Presley Campbell
PF23 Wrote:great game for both teams!! but valleys defense layed it to hicks and they had some # 3 step up..does anyone no his name?? Hatfield had the worst game of his life,0 points on 4 attemps..he is suppost to be sick..does neone think that he would have made a diffrene in the game

Layed it to him...He may have not had his best night, but he still had 16 points and made some big steals and was still the difference in the game. I would not say layed it to him by any means. If he had scored only 2 or 4 points and did nothing else, you could say layed it to him. I don't know what all the whinning is from s/v fans. Hazard is as good as any team in the mountains. Nothing to be hanging your heads about.
Friends4life Wrote:like you even know what your talking about. Yeah SV got beat SO WHAT. Who cares. You people just hate us. Why? dont really know, just for the simple fact that we have made it to rupp before.

Been there, done that! LOL!
Not everybody hates Valley. Keep working hard and your dreams will come true. Hazard has a great team and so do you.