Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSN Fox Sports
Bengals are ranked FIFTH in the NFL!!!!!!
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Rewind the clock back a month, and you’d have a hard time finding a more disappointing NFL team than the 2006 Cincinnati Bengals. Look around the NFL today, and you’d have a hard time finding a hotter one. Winners of four straight, the Bengals have used a resurgent offense and an out-of-nowhere shut down defense to soar past the AFC’s elite and back into the wildcard picture. Sunday’s 27-10 victory over lowly Oakland marked several firsts for the Bengals franchise. Cincy had a pair of 100-yard receivers and a 100-yard rusher against Oakland— the first time they ever had such a combination. Furthermore, Cincinnati’s defense has now given up only 17 points in the last three games, another first. The Bengals could very well be the most dangerous team on the league…both on the field and off. (Cue laugh track) Thank you, thank you. I’ll be here all week.

I didn't agree with the last part (but humerous none-the-less)
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
The Bengals are on fire, and they have the defense to thank especially. That was the true weakness of the team but they have really stepped it up and surprised me in a couple of these games over the last 4.
alfus21 Wrote:The Bengals are on fire, and they have the defense to thank especially. That was the true weakness of the team but they have really stepped it up and surprised me in a couple of these games over the last 4.

I agree, and it's been with all 3 (I think all 3??) starting backers being hurt
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Bengals are ranked FIFTH in the NFL!!!!!!
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Rewind the clock back a month, and you’d have a hard time finding a more disappointing NFL team than the 2006 Cincinnati Bengals. Look around the NFL today, and you’d have a hard time finding a hotter one. Winners of four straight, the Bengals have used a resurgent offense and an out-of-nowhere shut down defense to soar past the AFC’s elite and back into the wildcard picture. Sunday’s 27-10 victory over lowly Oakland marked several firsts for the Bengals franchise. Cincy had a pair of 100-yard receivers and a 100-yard rusher against Oakland— the first time they ever had such a combination. Furthermore, Cincinnati’s defense has now given up only 17 points in the last three games, another first. The Bengals could very well be the most dangerous team on the league…both on the field and off. (Cue laugh track) Thank you, thank you. I’ll be here all week.

I didn't agree with the last part (but humerous none-the-less)

:thatsfunn I love me some Bengals, but that last part was priceless.
I look for a mean playoff run from Cincy (assuming they clear the Wildcards).
Gorn Wrote::thatsfunn I love me some Bengals, but that last part was priceless.
I look for a mean playoff run from Cincy (assuming they clear the Wildcards).

I agree, I've been defending them like no other and pointing out that they're not that bad (and you started to also), but that was hilarious.

They can clear the Wild Cards with ease as long as no one rolls over Carson's knee again
BFritz Wrote:I agree, I've been defending them like no other and pointing out that they're not that bad (and you started to also), but that was hilarious.

They can clear the Wild Cards with ease as long as no one rolls over Carson's knee again

Could we see another run like the Steelers made last year in the playoff? Win every game on the road?

It's hard to say, but we got tickets in Section 139 to see Cincy and Pittsburgh New Years.