Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 125 David 28
Ouch....this will be an interesting thread!!
hmm close game... i blame the refs for davids loss...
Congrats Valley on the hard fought victory!!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Congrats Valley on the hard fought victory!!

I'm sure people will say the same thing when Pikeville beats them.
Congrat's to Valley, at what point did the coach put in the back up's? Seem's Valley ran the score a little high, ya know, almost beating David by 100 and all that...
alfus21 Wrote:I'm sure people will say the same thing when Pikeville beats them.

I'll bet the farm that Williams wouldn't beat anyone that bad....way too classy!!
twentythree Wrote:Valley had their Freshmen in for most of the game.

A quote from the original thread from someone at the game.
Valley needs to get these wins in now because against good competition, they WILL struggle and when it comes to the close games SV will have a tough time. I know they must play them but come on 97 points?
well valleys freshman are really good anyway
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:Valley needs to get these wins in now because against good competition, they WILL struggle and when it comes to the close games SV will have a tough time. I know they must play them but come on 97 points?

Valley may very well struggle when they lose their first game against someone that they were picked not to.

But yea, 97 point's is a bit much to beat someone by...
alfus21 Wrote:I'm sure people will say the same thing when Pikeville beats them.

I am not positive, but I am pretty sure that Pikeville will beat David. Will they beat them by 97 points? I am POSITIVE that they wont do that. Why do that to a team that everyone in the region knows that you are better than? Yes, they may have played their freshman the whole game or half or whatever, but still, run the score up like that? Did it make Valley a better team to win over David by 97?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
No way Valley had their freshmen in most of the game. That just shows how much class the coach has, pityful.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Did it make Valley a better team to win over David by 97?

I don't know. Will it make Pikeville a better team when the beat them by 50+ as well.
Redneck Wrote:No way Valley had their freshmen in most of the game. That just shows how much class the coach has, pityful.

The quote saying mostly freshmen played was by someone from David.
Doesn't Valley start freshmen? Also did they play them man to man full court like they did last year?
alfus21 Wrote:The quote saying mostly freshmen played was by someone from David.

Where did that quite come from?
Redneck Wrote:Where did that quite come from?

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=19311
twentythree Wrote:I don't have any exact stats.

Valley had their Freshmen in for most of the game. I was very surprised by two players from David school, though. A number 4 (point guard, I think) handled the ball very well, and even drove to the lane over some of Valley's JV two or three times. A few of his moves impressed me, I'm not even kidding. They have a big man now (number 11, I could be mistaken) and he blocked Valley's Freshies at least 5 times.

Don't you think that someone FROM David would know the names of the kids, lol. If I'm not mistaken twentythree is from Sheldon Clark, he was a die hard Card fan last year anyways.
alfus21 Wrote:I don't know. Will it make Pikeville a better team when the beat them by 50+ as well.

Sorry to disagree with you alfus, but there is a BIG difference in 50 and 97. Was Valley trying to do to David what the football team was trying to do to Phelps? Beat them by 100 points? Reguardless, Congrats to Valley on the win all the same.
Redneck Wrote:Don't you think that someone FROM David would know the names of the kids, lol. If I'm not mistaken twentythree is from Sheldon Clark, he was a die hard Card fan last year anyways.

I assume he has ties with David School. Why else would someone drive to David to watch them play Shelby Valley?
some real IMPRESSIVE wins early for shelby valley they should be ashamed for even scheduling them
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Sorry to disagree with you alfus, but there is a BIG difference in 50 and 97. Was Valley trying to do to David what the football team was trying to do to Phelps? Beat them by 100 points? Reguardless, Congrats to Valley on the win all the same.

We'll see how respectable Pikeville can keep the score. Either way David shouldn't be playing in the 59th district or any district for that matter until they can better compete. They are a waste of two games for Shelby Valley, Pikeville, and East Ridge and it doesn't help any 3 of those teams to play David School at all.
wisecracker Wrote:some real IMPRESSIVE wins early for shelby valley they should be ashamed for even scheduling them

They have no choice playing David, they are in the same district.
wisecracker Wrote:some real IMPRESSIVE wins early for shelby valley they should be ashamed for even scheduling them

Yeah they really should be considering they have no choice but to play them twice. They're in the same district.
alfus21 Wrote:We'll see how respectable Pikeville can keep the score. Either way David shouldn't be playing in the 59th district or any district for that matter until they can better compete. They are a waste of two games for Shelby Valley, Pikeville, and East Ridge and it doesn't help any 3 of those teams to play David School at all.

Well, Bart Williams is the classiest guy I know besides David LeMaster, so I doubt he will be running the score up very high.
OBI beat David by 77 points. (SV beat OBI by 65) That should say something about how hard it is to NOT beat this team into the ground.
alfus21 Wrote:We'll see how respectable Pikeville can keep the score. Either way David shouldn't be playing in the 59th district or any district for that matter until they can better compete. They are a waste of two games for Shelby Valley, Pikeville, and East Ridge and it doesn't help any 3 of those teams to play David School at all.

Looking at their schedule, I wouldnt care to bet that even if David wasnt in their district, they would have played anyways.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Looking at their schedule, I wouldnt care to bet that even if David wasnt in their district, they would have played anyways.

Smile Alright. I'm just glad SV didn't schedule the 2nd worst team in the region in Piarist like Pikeville did.
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Alright. I'm just glad SV didn't schedule the 2nd worst team in the region in Piarist like Pikeville did.

No but they did schedule the 2nd worst team in the state of Virginia, Smile . Oh man, I crack myself up, I had to say it Alfus, you walked right into it.
Redneck Wrote:No but they did schedule the 2nd worst team in the state of Virginia, Smile . Oh man, I crack myself up, I had to say it Alfus, you walked right into it.

Smile True, but then again if we want to talk about home tournaments, let's talk about the grueling Panther Invitational this year. They really outdone themselves inviting winless Wolfe County to play. Along with the Cavs of Jenkins.