Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Vs. Knott Co. Central
What are yor predictions for this game?
Knott in a close one.
This should be a very interesting game to say the least. I am going to go with the girls from Knott. They are playing pretty good right now and are going to be hard to beat as long as they all show up.
I would have to disagree, I think that powell will come out with a win on this one, it'll be close but powell will walk away with a w JMO
We will find out Saturday
baller25 Wrote:This should be a very interesting game to say the least. I am going to go with the girls from Knott. They are playing pretty good right now and are going to be hard to beat as long as they all show up.
How can u say that will powells 99 to21 over jackson city
This will be a very close matchup...Knott could win just as much as powell could, I think its whoever comes to play
ballgurl00 Wrote:How can u say that will powells 99 to21 over jackson city

It is easy...who did they play to get the 99 points.... JACKSON CITY....anyone looks good against them....
You beat Jackson City 99 to 21, oh my goodness.
Jackson City is not a very tough team to beat. Stop bragging about winning against them. It is no big accomplishment. Knott Central is a very good team, but if Powell shuts down Megan Mosley and works together as a team I think they can pull through with the win. But we'll see Sat.
TakeItToThaHouse Wrote:Jackson City is not a very tough team to beat. Stop bragging about winning against them. It is no big accomplishment. Knott Central is a very good team, but if Powell shuts down Megan Mosley and works together as a team I think they can pull through with the win. But we'll see Sat.

Right now Knott is playing very well. And just because the shut Megan down doesnt mean anything. Yea sure she is the main source of offense but here lately everyone else has stepped up and started scoring. Megan isnt the only threat KCC has...Even though she is a big threat.
Who else do they have?
TakeItToThaHouse Wrote:Who else do they have?

Here recently Gibson has stepped up on defense and has started scoring on offense...Britany Ashley has been doing very well and scoring down low. Kendra Thomas has stepped up and has started scoring. Thomas has also been starting at point guard as well. From what I have been told she is the second leading scorer. Kyrsten Conley has been scoring pretty good here lately as well.
TakeItToThaHouse Wrote:Jackson City is not a very tough team to beat. Stop bragging about winning against them. It is no big accomplishment. Knott Central is a very good team, but if Powell shuts down Megan Mosley and works together as a team I think they can pull through with the win. But we'll see Sat.
I agree but the pirates have been looking good this year they are really working as a team they have a all around good team as long as they shut down mosley they can win

I agree with this, Jackson City makes any team look good, although I havent seen anyone else score 99 against them I don't think that anyone should be bragging about it, beat KCC and then you can brag a lil.
There is a little more to Knott than Mosley.
Benchwarmer Wrote:There is a little more to Knott than Mosley.

Exactly!!!
well not braging but we will see tommro
This is was a very very very interesting game...both teams played very hard. Glad KCC came out with the win.
Final 49-48
TakeItToThaHouse Wrote:Final 49-48

As I said this was a very interesting game to say the least. Knott went up early and just baiscally got Powell tired in the first half. Then Knott started getting tired and that was when things got interesting. Powell went up by two late, but Thomas hit some clutch free throws to tie the game up and eventually Mosley would get a runner in the lane to fall to put KCC up for good. Powell could have sent it to overtime had #4 hit her free throws..that was a game where free throws is what makes or breaks you. Congrats KCC on the hard earned win.
This was definitely a very good game. Both teams fought hard. #4 did miss one free throw at the end but Powell missed several free throws leading up to that point. I don't think anyone expected Powell to play KCC that well and Powell could be very good late in the season. The Regional Tournament will be very interesting this year in the 14th. Congrats to both teams on one of the best games of the early season.
Congrays Knott
Both teams played good this game. A technical here, and foul shouts there could have easily turned the tables. but kcc did come out on top. They surprised me alot, i thought mosley would of been better than that. But #25 in my opinion was there best player. I think powell may have surprised some people tho. a #8 team in the region losing to a #4 team by only 1 point....
I agree Inyoureye4
yea but powell is still going to win region .. in both girls and boys .. mark my words
Im pulling for powell too i think they can do it if they try hard and play with their heart...if they do that then they can go far...go pirates
The College One Wrote:Im pulling for powell too i think they can do it if they try hard and play with their heart...if they do that then they can go far...go pirates

In my honest opinion no one is going to able to beat PCC. The only teams I have seen get close to them was Breathitt and Knott Central in the 14th. Powell County is good but not quiet that good.
the_chosen_one Wrote:In my honest opinion no one is going to able to beat PCC. The only teams I have seen get close to them was Breathitt and Knott Central in the 14th. Powell County is good but not quiet that good.
Well it is only the start of the season and there is still a whole lot of time for teams to work and get better and powell will be one of the top teams if the work hard and work as a team they already work as team because you would have to.To be able to work that hard to get that close to wining aginst the number 4 team and you being #8.There was some really bad calls in tht game mosley is not as good as everyone puts her up to be and if they would have called the game right she would have been out by half time she had over 15 fouls and they would never call it! Powell gave kcc a run for there money and will agin in regions they will every one in regions!!!!
powell is a great team and will make a lot of noise in the 14th this year!!!!!!!!!!