• 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Vs. Mercer County
ukno08 Wrote:Mercer aint ever played
:devilflam The Russell Red Devils:devilflam
[size=2]though have they. I bet we score more than 2 touchdowns.
[/size]

:lmao: did you forget about last year? Nov. 11, 2005... 41-26
RedDevilStXIUFan Wrote:Bricklayer, what planet are you living on?!? Have you seen Russell play or do you just dislike them that much? :goofy: 57 to 7? Geez!

I think it will Be a close game I just put the 57 for fun. Its that 801 thing.
All jokes aside I think this game could end up 7-0
bricklayer Wrote:All jokes aside I think this game could end up 7-0

I'm saying a low score like that too, but I'm for Russell on top :thumpsup:, these defenses are to great to let the scores get high.
This may be the best Championship game of the 4, honestly I didn't give Russell much of a chance of beating Belfry at Belfry and they proved me wrong. I would love to see Russell bring back another Championship home. GOOD LUCK DEVILS!!!
If Russell comes out and causes a turnover like at Belfry.........game over
PureRedDevil Wrote::lmao: did you forget about last year? Nov. 11, 2005... 41-26
well then they got a taste.. so merger county better be ready:devilflam
bricklayer Wrote:I think it will Be a close game I just put the 57 for fun. Its that 801 thing.

:Thumbs:
russelldevils54 Wrote:If Russell comes out and causes a turnover like at Belfry.........game over

Devil54, I don't think one turnover will make the difference, BUT, I hope your right!
When we score touchdowns we have to make the extra-points also,2,3,or 4 points could kill us in the long run.
JFLDAD Wrote:When we score touchdowns we have to make the extra-points also,2,3,or 4 points could kill us in the long run.

THANK YOU!!! oh my gosh our PAT's are gonan haunt us if we dont start making them, those should be gimme points. That ONE point could change the game, hopefully this week in practice we will be working more on that
What they need to do is put Dolly in to kick 1 or 2 extra points to light a fire under Evan's butt. He is a much better kicker if he would just keep his head down and not worry about if the ball is going to be blocked or something.
DEVIL89 Wrote:What they need to do is put Dolly in to kick 1 or 2 extra points to light a fire under Evan's butt. He is a much better kicker if he would just keep his head down and not worry about if the ball is going to be blocked or something.

Yeah, Evans gets to caught up in worrying about it, instead of just kicking the ball like he does in practice everyday, it should be atomatic
for those of you who is doubting russell be rest assure that the devils will be back in full spectrum again come game time...im not gonna lie...i doubted them against belfry and look at whats happend.....i think russell will bring it home again...closer than last time though......
RHS------27
Mercer---26
Im REALLY hoping Russell wins this and brings the hardware back to the mountains! But it's going to be HARD for them playing a 4A school basically....
Mercer County
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:Mercer County

:moon: Smile
Mercer County
I did not doudt Russell could beat Belfry, I just did not believe they would shut them out and shut there running game to almost nothing. If they can come up with a way to stop Mercer's running attack(AND WITH COACH MORRIS THEY JUST MAY) then the trophy will be coming back to the EAST for the 5th year in a row.
Youworry about who you have next and then after that game is whos next.. the best thing for Russell is that we have seen alot of different offenses and defense... Playing 14 games and seeing the different variety of sets, formations and stunts... Morris will have the defense ready.. Like I said before Ford and Jackson of Merger have 70% of their offense. Shut that duo down and contend with the 30% for everyone else. WILLS on Ford...Beek on Jackson, 2 deep backs and the rest of team on the 30 %..Now I know it sounds simple but I know it aint,, it is just a thought.LOAD THE BOX !!!!!!!!!!!!!.. F&J have 70% of the Merger offense, Walker is another part of it..they have only thrown for 391 yards since last report of Nov 4th. They have allowed 1182 passing... Yea they are a rushing team with over 4500 yards rushing. But they have not played RUSSELL.
We will see what will happen this Friday morning....But I am giessing that Russell will deal the Merger Boys a surprise.......
Defense wins championships.............
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I do honestly think we can hang with the big dawgs.....I consider us to be a big dawg...like you said earlier in one of your posts devilologist......"Its not the size of the dog in the fight....its the size of the fight in the dog!"
TRUE so TRUE. That is why I say that Russell has an ace in the hole when it comes to the defense (COACH MORRIS). By the way D I went to Norman's yesterday after I talked to you and they were out of the horns, so I bought a couple of the cow bells for the game. They remind me of when I played and one of the players moms had a cow bell at every game (JGRUBBY should know who I am talking about).
Let make a few bets now that we have discussed this game for 2 days!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
i gave all my 141 points for russell,
last game of the year, cant hold anything back now haha
I realy hate to say this, but I really don't think anyone can stop Mercer Co. Belfry would not have been able to either I'm afraid.

Mercer - 55
Russell - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:I realy hate to say this, but I really don't think anyone can stop Mercer Co. Belfry would not have been able to either I'm afraid.

Mercer - 55
Russell - 21

Mercer is good but not that good, but come on beating Russell by 34 points :lmao:. If mercer does beat Russell than it will be something like 28-21 but no big blowout like that.
I wishing Russell but i'm going with Mercer
If your a true russell/easter ky fan, you stakes will go with russell, have some heart in you team guys
Russell by at least 12. Last year Russell beat Mercer Co. 41 to 26. I know that Mercer Co. is much better, but one team does not get that much better in just one off season. Plus Russell has been there before, so I'm going to have to take the Red Devils in this one, 27 to 10.
Heres a question. Who had the most impressive win in the state semis?

Russell on the road with there shut out of an outstanding Belfry team.

Or

Mercer Co with there shutout of a injury depleted O Cath at home.

I may be biased but I thought Russell's win was much more impressive.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next