Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bigfoot sighting at Russell, secret is out!!!
Where is the new boy from?
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Where is the new boy from?

The talk in the hallways is that he is at greenup right now, or was, but he came frome somewhere else, yeah i'm herain he is bigger than seth
yea I heard he was from greenup Co. but did not play this year.. I think he is originally from Louisiana, Hurrican Transplant,, BUT I aM NOT SURE... So dont quote me.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I heard the kid plays football & basketball and is a soph. Man What a frontline that would be in basketball or football! Hope it's not just a rumor....
What i want to know is if the kid was at St X, why did he move back to Russell. Couldn't he cut it with the big schools?
JUDGE140 Wrote:What i want to know is if the kid was at St X, why did he move back to Russell. Couldn't he cut it with the big schools?

Here is your answer and it had NOTHING to do with the fact he couldn't cut it. His fathers job transfered him up there for a year. Trust me I have talked to his father several times and he did not want to go and came back as soon as he could. If he had anything to do with it he never would have left.
Amen brother, heard that from that too.
Besides he was a freshman at the time. Being able to "cut it" wasn't a factor.
JUDGE140 Wrote:What i want to know is if the kid was at St X, why did he move back to Russell. Couldn't he cut it with the big schools?

If you get the chance to ask anybody from St X you will find out that they thought quite highly of him. He started as an offensive tackle on the freshman team there. They were very sorry to see him leave.
What's the stats in the weight room?
:thumpsup: Looks like Russell will have a nice recruiting class next year then huh lol Smile
I guess it is true and I eat crow on this.. When you are a winning tradition,, kids find their way to your doorstep...I use to voice my concern with the kids coming to BELFRY from West Virginia... now I guess I can never say another word about it...... OKAY You got me.....
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devilologist Wrote:I guess it is true and I eat crow on this.. When you are a winning tradition,, kids find their way to your doorstep...I use to voice my concern with the kids coming to BELFRY from West Virginia... now I guess I can never say another word about it...... OKAY You got me.....

yulp! we did lol Smile

you'd really understand the situation at Belfry when you look across the river in WV...
Williamson, Matewan, Burch... not really desirable schools... facility wise, or athletic wise..
It is the same at Pikeville. A new transfers in and people out in the county (excluding Belfry) want to hang us. I wish people could understand that it is not recruiting, just kids looking for a better opportunity to win and get noticed. Also helps that the facilities are alot nicer.
We will take anyone that wants to come and play as long as it is legal! Plus it gives everyone here something to talk about!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:We will take anyone that wants to come and play as long as it is legal! Plus it gives everyone here something to talk about!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

SO TRUE !!!!!!!! LOL
What colleges are looking at this kid?
I know that a WVU scout sat in front of me at the Russell/ Fleming game and took notes on a couple of kids.. 74 was one he was looking at.
:yikes: This kid is huge!!!!!
Id like to see Belfry stop him
He will be a big Factor in that game
Not only on defense you all, think of the holes he opens on offense... somebody is free when he is double teamed!!!
jgrubby Wrote:Not only on defense you all, think of the holes he opens on offense... somebody is free when he is double teamed!!!

He isn't on the O-line
Was talking to Toby Hicks relation tonight at work and the line next year will be HUGE..
PureRedDevil Wrote:yeah with a big yellow pad in front of you, and i bet money you dont move him

no.....I don't use the pad. thats only for scout defense........i haven't been on that since likie the ashland game......and be honest you would go up against him either...kind of like jones comming at you from d-end.
Devilologist Wrote:Heard SETH is no longer the biggest kid in his class....Who is the new kid that moved in..Seth had said that this kid is bigger than him like by 3 inches and 10 pounds. That woulod make this kid 6'9" about 340 ????????
I spoke to Seths dad last night at dinner and he had heard of him from Seth.. must be true,, just cant wait to see him...
7 on the line, Toby 6'6", Seth 6'6", new boy 6'9", Ross May 6'5", Mikey Dillon 6'4"

and 2 running backs at guards,, wow that would mean that our line would be the biggest in history at Russell next year.......and all except the new kid has played in at least 7 games if not all the games from this year.

2 running backs at guards????? who would they be?

If the truth be known, St X was very upset at him leaving. They had him pegged in the words of the coach there as an future all american. Now as a father, I feel you have to take statements like that with a grain of salt. However, those were words said directly to me by coach Glaser. They discussed pulling him up for last years playoffs but decided to let him go ahead and play freshman basketball. Then, we moved back to Russell as soon as I was able to make arrangements at my job. Never was Seth unable "to cut it", He was actually excelling. St X has a rule that they don't play freshmen on the varsity because of the number of kids in the program. Seth & "duece" Finch were two that they thought about bring up but did not. Now the record can be set straight.
Thanks RDSIF and I am glad that you are on here.. I spoke to Seth last night and told that no one can say that he is slow or not powerful enough to do anything.. HE had a great game last night and he will continue to improve.. thats the scary thing...IMPROVING !!
Yeah, kinda gets old having people say tour slow simply because you don't have 4.4. speed. Think he is slowly starting to prove the naysayers wrong. Most importantly, he's doing his job and helping his team win games. Now we just have one more to go.
By the way, thanks for your support of Seth and all the boys. It's much appreciated.:letsparty :rockon: :Clap:
RedDevilStXIUFan Wrote:Yeah, kinda gets old having people say tour slow simply because you don't have 4.4. speed. Think he is slowly starting to prove the naysayers wrong. Most importantly, he's doing his job and helping his team win games. Now we just have one more to go.

I couldn't agree more with you on that.:Thumbs: