•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Vs Belfry
It has been said before, but turnovers will be the difference. If neither team has any turnovers, I say the Pirates take advantage of homefield and pull out the tough win.
Midee1 Wrote:Amen and I don't want to hear all the "Well you stop the run then we just pass" nonsense. Haywood and McGlone will both pass enough to keep the other team honest. Although McGlone must be slipping in his old age. His QB is in the top 20 in passing and he has a receiver in the top 20 as well.

We all know that if either team has to come out of it comfort zone and start passing there could be real trouble.

Look for a slow, grind it out, eat up the clock, 3 yards and a cloud of dust type game. Just the way I like them.

Belfry will put it in the air 3-5 times this game, more late in the game if there is a need and we are down!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:Belfry will put it in the air 3-5 times this game, more late in the game if there is a need and we are down!

I've been impressed with Elkins passing ability.. Hes been putting the ball right into the hands of the recievers.. A year or 2.. this kid will be amazing as long as he keeps working hard... Mark my word
mrfootball03 Wrote:I've been impressed with Elkins passing ability.. Hes been putting the ball right into the hands of the recievers.. A year or 2.. this kid will be amazing as long as he keeps working hard... Mark my word

Yes this kid can play
In this decade

Belfry 74-21
joethegreek Wrote:In this decade

Belfry 74-21

????????
In this decade

Belfry 74-21
russell 75-18

Two great programs . Can't wait till kickoff
joethegreek Wrote:In this decade

Belfry 74-21
Russell 75-18

Two great programs . Can't wait till kickoff

Now I understand. Very impressive from both teams.
Turn overs will be the main factor. When you get this far into it that is the main thing that wins the games. If you remember in 04 turn overs by Russell in the red zone and I believe an other one one a return and the score would have been different. Remember last year a turn over in the last minute kept Belfry from returning to the CARPET for the 3rd time. The main thing here is WHOEVER wins the turn over battle will WIN.
2 great teams cant wait till friday to see who wins
I am seriously debating blowing off Constitutional Law for this game!

That is how big is it people!

I probably won't be able to attend, but I want to hear the radio guys saying "these kids (from both teams) look like animals out there! They are going nuts and laying it all out!"
What concerns me about this matchup. The versatility of Clarke. If he doesn't beat you in the backfield.he will catch passes. Also Jones the Qb. He can run, doesn't pass much. But he rarely makes a mistake. Belfry will have to do a better job on special teams coverage. Can't fumble eight times like we did last year. Homefield advantage is a key with these teams. Since 1995. Russell has lost 9 out of 10 road playoff games. Belfry has only lost 4 at home in the postseason
Jones can throw but this is Russell. Just like Belfry you're not going to see balls flying all over the place. Jones became only the second Russell QB to pass for more than 1,000 yards in a season this year.
In last year's game Brown hurt us in the first half with the passing game. You all just like us a perennial running team. but the passing game is good enough to keep the defense honest.
We are going to have to be able to pound the middle with May. i think in last years matchup. He had 35 yards on 11 carries with a couple of touchdowns
mr. greek.. you sound like a radio announcer lol
joethegreek Wrote:In last year's game Brown hurt us in the first half with the passing game. You all just like us a perennial running team. but the passing game is good enough to keep the defense honest.

Something I thought Russell got away from in the second half last year.
joethegreek Wrote:We are going to have to be able to pound the middle with May. i think in last years matchup. He had 35 yards on 11 carries with a couple of touchdowns

Here are the stats from last years game.

BELFRY RUSSELL
FIRST DOWNS................... 12 12
RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 38-136 43-251
PASSING YDS (NET)............. 63 87
Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 10-4-1 10-4-1
TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 48-199 53-338
Fumble Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 0-0
Punt Returns-Yards............ 1-0 1-10
Kickoff Returns-Yards......... 4-30 3-49
Interception Returns-Yards.... 1-0 1-9
Punts (Number-Avg)............ 6-36.3 4-32.0
Fumbles-Lost.................. 8-1 1-1
Penalties-Yards............... 5-37 7-64
Possession Time............... 25:13 22:47
Third-Down Conversions........ 5 of 13 6 of 11
Fourth-Down Conversions....... 0 of 0 0 of 0
Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 2-4 3-4
Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 1-18 0-0

RUSHING: Belfry-M. Maynard 16-89; D. May 14-39; C. Chapman 5-16; J.
Philips 3-minus 8. RUSSELL-K. Clark 20-108; T. Brown 12-99; C. Edwards 6-30; M.
Horn 2-12; N. Lewis 1-2; Team 2-0.

PASSING: Belfry-J. Philips 4-10-1-63. RUSSELL-T. Brown 4-10-1-87.

RECEIVING: Belfry-A. Chapman 4-63. RUSSELL-M. Horn 3-38; K. Clark 1-49.

INTERCEPTIONS: Belfry-G. Epling 1-0. RUSSELL-K. Clark 1-9.

FUMBLES: Belfry-C. Chapman 2-1; J. Philips 2-0; M. Maynard 2-0; D. Cohari
1-0; T.Church 1-0. RUSSELL-T. Brown 1-1.
Fball. You sound like a Sports Information Director . lol
FBALL Wrote:Here are the stats from last years game.

BELFRY RUSSELL
FIRST DOWNS................... 12 12
RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 38-136 43-251
PASSING YDS (NET)............. 63 87
Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 10-4-1 10-4-1
TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 48-199 53-338
Fumble Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 0-0
Punt Returns-Yards............ 1-0 1-10
Kickoff Returns-Yards......... 4-30 3-49
Interception Returns-Yards.... 1-0 1-9
Punts (Number-Avg)............ 6-36.3 4-32.0
Fumbles-Lost.................. 8-1 1-1
Penalties-Yards............... 5-37 7-64
Possession Time............... 25:13 22:47
Third-Down Conversions........ 5 of 13 6 of 11
Fourth-Down Conversions....... 0 of 0 0 of 0
Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 2-4 3-4
Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 1-18 0-0

RUSHING: Belfry-M. Maynard 16-89; D. May 14-39; C. Chapman 5-16; J.
Philips 3-minus 8. RUSSELL-K. Clark 20-108; T. Brown 12-99; C. Edwards 6-30; M.
Horn 2-12; N. Lewis 1-2; Team 2-0.

PASSING: Belfry-J. Philips 4-10-1-63. RUSSELL-T. Brown 4-10-1-87.

RECEIVING: Belfry-A. Chapman 4-63. RUSSELL-M. Horn 3-38; K. Clark 1-49.

INTERCEPTIONS: Belfry-G. Epling 1-0. RUSSELL-K. Clark 1-9.

FUMBLES: Belfry-C. Chapman 2-1; J. Philips 2-0; M. Maynard 2-0; D. Cohari
1-0; T.Church 1-0. RUSSELL-T. Brown 1-1.

Belfry just got killed in the first half, then the int by Clark at the end of the game killed them even more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
How about the play when Maynard came about 900 yards out of nowhere and ran Brown down from behind. I wish i had half that speed lol
joethegreek Wrote:Fball. You sound like a Sports Information Director . lol
Its all on the Russell football website. You just gotta know where to look.
joethegreek Wrote:How about the play when Maynard came about 900 yards out of nowhere and ran Brown down from behind. I wish i had half that speed lol

It was a great effort play by Mayard. Tremendous effort.

And a really bonehead play by Brown to let up at the 10 and then drop the ball down low where it could be stripped.
joethegreek Wrote:How about the play when Maynard came about 900 yards out of nowhere and ran Brown down from behind. I wish i had half that speed lol

That was great Maynard did have alot of speed wish we had him again this year
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Whoever runs the russell website is the bomb. Everything is on there including what the team had for lunch
joethegreek Wrote:Whoever runs the russell website is the bomb. Everything is on there including what the team had for lunch

They do a great job with it.:Thumbs:
I can't wait for the game. especially the tailgating. man the food is awesome.
FBALL Wrote:They do a great job with it.:Thumbs:

Yes that is a very nice web site made me sick when I seen the pics of the Belfry/ Russell game last year LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Made me sick watching the Belfry Russell game last year. Especially the first half.
joethegreek Wrote:Made me sick watching the Belfry Russell game last year. Especially the first half.

Your not the only one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next