Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Boys Jr. High Basketball Teams in Pike Co.
I am going to have to say its the same story as fooball: Pikeville, Millard, and Belfry. Watched most county teams play in panaromas and such. I saw Millard man handle feds creek and elkhorn city. I saw Mullins who didn't look very good at all, neither did Dorton.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I am going to have to say its the same story as fooball: Pikeville, Millard, and Belfry. Watched most county teams play in panaromas and such. I saw Millard man handle feds creek and elkhorn city. I saw Mullins who didn't look very good at all, neither did Dorton.

You may not be too right in your prediction so to speak... LOL.... Kimper scrimmaged us when the Pikeville College team came over and we won and tonight we played Feds Creek and won both games.... I know this is the first of the season but....... I personally think it's too early to predict!!!
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I am going to have to say its the same story as fooball: Pikeville, Millard, and Belfry. Watched most county teams play in panaromas and such. I saw Millard man handle feds creek and elkhorn city. I saw Mullins who didn't look very good at all, neither did Dorton.

Belfry 8th looked really good against Adams Middle in the panaroma Saturday.
Personally I think Pikeville will be the favorite this year. They had a very good 7th grade team last year, as did Belfry, but I heard Struthers wasn't there this year. If not Belfry, Virgie, Millard, and Dorton should be just below them. With all the kids Belfry has, you never know what type of team they'll have. They just have so many to choose from.

I think Millard looked good Saturday, and I thought Dorton and Elkhorn looked a little rusty out there. Virgie will not be dominant this year, but they will be solid. I haven't seen Belfry yet.
it is way to early to predict and say anything is in stone, i just want some ideas thrown out there after seeing some preseaons games.
1. Pikeville
2. Millard
3. Virgie
4. Dorton
5. Mullins
6. Belfry
7. Phelps
8. Johns Creek
9. Elkhorn City
10. Kimper
11. Feds Creek

Pikeville is 20-25 pts better than everyone.
pikeville absolutely killed everyone last year then went on to get 8th in the state at the KBA middle school state tournament
they lost some very good players though, including the Houston kid. Nonetheless. they are still ranked #1 preseaon IMO.
panther- Wrote:pikeville absolutely killed everyone last year then went on to get 8th in the state at the KBA middle school state tournament

Are you talking about last year's 7th grade team? Because the 8th grade team didn't win a game at the KBA last season.
Pikeville's 7th grade team was undefeated last year. Everybody expects them to be the early favorite this year.
yes i was talking about the 7th grade team.srry i didnt explain myself. but houston is a freshman
Pikeville should be the best, with millard and belfry bringing the next best groups. Look for virgie by seasons end to be much improved!!!
I have to tell you guys that Struthers may not be here but I personally think they will be a lot better off without him You'll see.
I watched some of the Pikeville/Elkhorn game yesterday at Virgie and Pikeville looked very tough. Judging from that game, they are probably 25 points better than anyone else right now. At one point they had EC down something like 60-12. Any team that doesn't have good guards/ballhandlers will have trouble with Pikeville's pressure. They are big, strong, and quick.

Also, Millard beat Dorton by 5 or 6, and Virgie beat Martha Jane Potter from Letcher County by more than 10 points. I think Millard, Virgie, Dorton, and Belfry will be quite a bit below Pikeville, but above the rest of the county. I haven't seen Johns Creek yet, so they might be up there with the 2nd tier teams.
Belfry is doing alot better this year just like in football they'll come out and suprise alot of peaple just like in football belfry will definantly be up there in the rankings
best middle school team top 5 i think are (not in order) pikeville,millard,belfry,dorton,and virgie
4 outta those 5 will be the teams in the finals in county...ima a really big middle school fan and i went to watch the virgie panarama all those teams looked good.
Millard did great against dorton coming in as the underdogs to lose but they won by 8 i belive number 2 (dont know name) held the team strong 1st and 2nd half prob 2nd best big man in county..Belfry and virgie boy will be a hard fought match down low for there big men. and number 10 for dorton put on a scoring clinic against them...didnt watch pville game walked in when score was 50 to 4 i think so they will be tough. Tongue
Best teams in Pike County in order -

1- Pikeville by 30 pts or more
2- Millard
3- Dorton
4- Virgie
5- Belfry

The Belfry parents on here need to realize until they get a coach Belfry will be 2nd tier in the county. Bobby is too hot headed (my son will never play for him) and worried about people watching him instead of coaching, middle school is no place for the level of intensity that he has.
The talent level at Belfry is not on level with these others either. Your 7th grade team got beat by anyone that was any good and Bobby cannot and will not develop these kids any farther. Ask Coach Casey or Mr. James Hurley if Bobby can coach - both will say NO!, as they have told me this to my face but Board Member Daddy wants him to coach. Coach Casey would like for Lequire to have the job and James would like Keith to take over.

Belfry will beat Johns Creek, Phelps, and a few others but if they beat any of the teams I listed above them 1 time or a 4th place finish in the county your season will be a success.

I'll be very shocked if Keith May doesn't finish the year out as headcoach, then we will have some success.

Good luck though, your kids need it.
Blackflag Wrote:Best teams in Pike County in order -

2- Millard
3- Dorton
4- Virgie
5- Belfry.

I highly doubt that they will lose by 30 points or more...maybe 10 at the most...Millards coach was the same coach they had in highschool and had a job offering for betsy layne I heard...he didnt have a losing season at all when he coached millards highschool...and dortons coach very good, had a great season last year and did a very well job coaching and i agree about belfrys coach
I want to add that the coaches at Pikeville, Dorton, and Virgie are probably the best coaches in the county and my son will play for Pikeville if Bobby is still at BMS.

Garris is a top notch guy and coach.

2- Millard
3- Dorton
4- Virgie
5- Belfry

The Belfry parents on here need to realize until they get a coach Belfry will be 2nd tier in the county. Bobby is too hot headed (my son will never play for him) and worried about people watching him instead of coaching, middle school is no place for the level of intensity that he has.
The talent level at Belfry is not on level with these others either. Your 7th grade team got beat by anyone that was any good and Bobby cannot and will not develop these kids any farther. Ask Coach Casey or Mr. James Hurley if Bobby can coach - both will say NO!, as they have told me this to my face but Board Member Daddy wants him to coach. Coach Casey would like for Lequire to have the job and James would like Keith to take over.

Belfry will beat Johns Creek, Phelps, and a few others but if they beat any of the teams I listed above them 1 time or a 4th place finish in the county your season will be a success.

I'll be very shocked if Keith May doesn't finish the year out as headcoach, then we will have some success.

Belfry has already competed in three scrimmages this season and ,altho you can't really go by scrimmages, the boys have done really well. Bobby will do just fine this season with this group of boys.
I personally would like to know why blackflag would "guess" or "predict" the way he has. I am at EVERY practice Phelps has I know that Renae is doing AWESOME with the boys. OH.. for those of you who don't know ..... our coach is Renae GANNON Daniels..... and our boys may not be the best in the county but I can promise you will see drastic improvement in each and every game!!! They are working hard and are doing great thus far....
pikeville will manhandle sorry but its just facts their record was 20-1 last year only losing to mason co. in the state tourney finishing in the elite 8

2- Millard
3- Dorton
4- Virgie
5- Belfry

You obviously have some major personal problems with coach that you need to take up with him instead of hiding behind a computer monitor with your cowardly trash talk. You are soooooooo last year and dont know what your talking about. Ive also been told that your statements have been shown to Hurley as you said he told you to your face. Keith is a fine coach!! I wouldn't trash him for nothing!!! But as of right now Bobby is the coach and you havent watched him at any of the games this year or you wouldnt be making these statements. Why dont you let the coaches, paents and kids worry about their program and take care of your own. 7th grade did not get beat by anyone who mattered last year and their talent level is fine!! That is some low life remarks to make about kids. And so far no one has agreed with you on your opinion of the level of intensity these kids are playing. Somewhere I read a post to you that this is not peewee. Its very physical as are the teams we play against! And FYI Casey works with these kids too. BTW how do you "watch" our closed practices?
TurnthePage Wrote:You obviously have some major personal problems with coach that you need to take up with him instead of hiding behind a computer monitor with your cowardly trash talk. You are soooooooo last year and dont know what your talking about. Ive also been told that your statements have been shown to Hurley as you said he told you to your face. Keith is a fine coach!! I wouldn't trash him for nothing!!! But as of right now Bobby is the coach and you havent watched him at any of the games this year or you wouldnt be making these statements. Why dont you let the coaches, paents and kids worry about their program and take care of your own. 7th grade did not get beat by anyone who mattered last year and their talent level is fine!! That is some low life remarks to make about kids. And so far no one has agreed with you on your opinion of the level of intensity these kids are playing. Somewhere I read a post to you that this is not peewee. Its very physical as are the teams we play against! And FYI Casey works with these kids too. BTW how do you "watch" our closed practices?

I wonder why they are practicing with Coach Casey? Maybe because he feels Bobby knows nothing and if he doesn't they will learn nothing.

I also heard that they are going to play freshman ball.......could it be this is a way for Coach Casey to actually get a good coach like Lequire to coach them and just let Bobby feel good about himself and not tick off his DAD?

All the gyms have windows my friend.
^^Again, another post that tells everyone that you have no clue about what you are talking about.
Pikeville is and until they get beat they will remain #1.
Millard played virgie tonight....good game virgie one by 3, cause lack of point guard for millard virgie wasnt omperssive but 2 kids from millard did very well...Brent T #2 had 18 aand number 1 with 15...dont count em out....And lots of trash talkin
Blackflag Wrote:I wonder why they are practicing with Coach Casey? Maybe because he feels Bobby knows nothing and if he doesn't they will learn nothing.

I also heard that they are going to play freshman ball.......could it be this is a way for Coach Casey to actually get a good coach like Lequire to coach them and just let Bobby feel good about himself and not tick off his DAD?

All the gyms have windows my friend.

How do you get to the window's of BHS's gym?
BMS Football Mom#36 Wrote:How do you get to the window's of BHS's gym?

:thatsfunn
TurnthePage Wrote:You obviously have some major personal problems with coach that you need to take up with him instead of hiding behind a computer monitor with your cowardly trash talk. You are soooooooo last year and dont know what your talking about. Ive also been told that your statements have been shown to Hurley as you said he told you to your face. Keith is a fine coach!! I wouldn't trash him for nothing!!! But as of right now Bobby is the coach and you havent watched him at any of the games this year or you wouldnt be making these statements. Why dont you let the coaches, paents and kids worry about their program and take care of your own. 7th grade did not get beat by anyone who mattered last year and their talent level is fine!! That is some low life remarks to make about kids. And so far no one has agreed with you on your opinion of the level of intensity these kids are playing. Somewhere I read a post to you that this is not peewee. Its very physical as are the teams we play against! And FYI Casey works with these kids too. BTW how do you "watch" our closed practices?

Yea i played against belfry last year for christ central and we should have been beat by 100 but there coaching really does suck...instead they beat us by about 15 which still isnt close but it should have been a lot worse...PITIFUL