Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School Basketball Teams
Dawg@heart Wrote:I have to spit out a comment here-these kids are in middle school now right? You bet they should be physical. They should know how to go after the ball and pull down a rebound. and NO, not everybody should get to play at some point. Its not youth league anymore, these are young men who have to learn to earn a position and take it when they don't.

Thank you :thumpsup:
Blackflag
I can understand parents having trouble with a coach in a personal area, but when you bring other "children" into the problems this makes for a mess. Not only is it childish to speak of children in this manner, how would you like it if someone talked of your child in this manner?
Secondly, this does nothing to promote team cohesiveness. It only works to break down the spirit of those "kids" who are playing for the love of the game, not to impress those parents in the stands. That is the problem, parents should butt out and let the kids play under the supervision of the coach. Why can't parents just let their children play and do as the coach says. We wonder why the kids are so confused and have this "its all about me attitude," it stems from the parents and trying to please mommy and daddy in the bleachers.
Many parents need to stop trying to re live their lives, sports lives, through their kids and let them enjoy the sport. That is what we are talking about right? It seems somewhere in the middle of all this name bashing we have forgotten what the goal is here. Promoting responsibility, discipline, respect, and effort.
What kind of actions can we expect to see from our children when they read this garbage on the computer and think if mom and dad says it, then it is ok.
[QUOTE=Dawg@heart]I have to spit out a comment here-these kids are in middle school now right? You bet they should be physical. They should know how to go after the ball and pull down a rebound. and NO, not everybody should get to play at some point. Its not youth league anymore, these are young men who have to learn to earn a position and take it when they don't.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. If these same group of young athletes present to the high school level without these basic skills who do you think will get the blame? That is right, the coach they had before. These kids should be physical but respectful, they should be ready for contact and learn how to play under control that is what it is all about.
Blackflag Wrote:I would love to "talk" to him about what I think about him but you either have to

A) - go through his mom, dad, brother, and buddies

B) - go to a bar

And he is pretty cowardly because the way he treats kids, a man wouldn't do that.

I would think that would not be an appropriate comment to make, unless of course you know first hand where he hangs out.
well i personally think Millard has a very good squad with number 2 in the post he is very good any1 who plays post will have a hard time...and they also have a good shooter..dunno number/name
Belfry will be good
But final 2 in county Millard-Pikeville
Pikeville by 8
or pikeville-dorton
Johnson County defeated Belfry by 3. JCMS is struggling to find cohesion just like they did last year in 7th grade. With a tremendous coach like Fairchild I'm sure they will get things going and have a great year. Now I am not trying to say anything bad to blackflag or anyone else because I don't know this coach at all. However, tonight both he and his team were very classy. I do remember him getting thrown out last year at JCMS so hopefully he has changed for the better.
haha pikeville by 30
BlueChipper Wrote:Blackflag
I can understand parents having trouble with a coach in a personal area, but when you bring other "children" into the problems this makes for a mess. Not only is it childish to speak of children in this manner, how would you like it if someone talked of your child in this manner?
Secondly, this does nothing to promote team cohesiveness. It only works to break down the spirit of those "kids" who are playing for the love of the game, not to impress those parents in the stands. That is the problem, parents should butt out and let the kids play under the supervision of the coach. Why can't parents just let their children play and do as the coach says. We wonder why the kids are so confused and have this "its all about me attitude," it stems from the parents and trying to please mommy and daddy in the bleachers.
Many parents need to stop trying to re live their lives, sports lives, through their kids and let them enjoy the sport. That is what we are talking about right? It seems somewhere in the middle of all this name bashing we have forgotten what the goal is here. Promoting responsibility, discipline, respect, and effort.
What kind of actions can we expect to see from our children when they read this garbage on the computer and think if mom and dad says it, then it is ok.

Nice post and soooo true:thumpsup:
BlueChipper Wrote:I would think that would not be an appropriate comment to make, unless of course you know first hand where he hangs out.

Its really none of anyones business where ANY adult hangs out during his or her private time as long as they keep it out of the schools and sports.
turd ferguson Wrote:Johnson County defeated Belfry by 3. JCMS is struggling to find cohesion just like they did last year in 7th grade. With a tremendous coach like Fairchild I'm sure they will get things going and have a great year. Now I am not trying to say anything bad to blackflag or anyone else because I don't know this coach at all. However, tonight both he and his team were very classy. I do remember him getting thrown out last year at JCMS so hopefully he has changed for the better.

Awesome game tonight! The winner on the scoreboard jumped back and forth from Belfry to JC all night! Very physical hard played game tonight. Congrats JC on your 3 point win! If Im not mistaken BMS 7th graders won the game last year at Central and got beat when Central came to Belfry. Same good close game this year!
:thumpsup:

Nothing but class shown tonight. Congrats BMS and coaches on a very good game!

Dont worry about BF his post mean nothing. BMS 7th did fine last year, he obviously dont know. Cant believe some of the statements he's made Rolleyes
Especially about the talent level of kids :ChairHit: LOW........This years 8th played MOSTLY 8th graders plus holdbacks in FB last year and they did just fine in FB and BB both. Playing like that did nothing but make them better IMO
Congradulation JC on your win tonight and Congradulations BMS on a great game. Good job boys and coaches :Thumbs:
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Congradulation JC on your win tonight and Congradulations BMS on a great game. Good job boys and coaches :Thumbs:

Absolutely! Great game tonight.
how did the 6th and 7th games go?
I don't remember the score for the 7th grade game, but BMS lost. The 6th grade also lost but the score in that game was 21-16. It is early in the season and both these teams will continue to improve.
Dream_Weaver Wrote:I don't remember the score for the 7th grade game, but BMS lost. The 6th grade also lost but the score in that game was 21-16. It is early in the season and both these teams will continue to improve.

Yeah, I heard they looked real good.

One parent told me he was not letting his kid play for Bobby anymore because they were just thrown out there last night and got embarrassed.

The 6th graders playing 7th don't need to, not because they are not good enough but because they could get hurt.

A good coach would at least have the kids in the right spots.

Its also sad when everone thinks the coach did a good job because he didn't get thrown out........there not supposed to get thrown out.

Pikeville will beat them by 30 as will Millard and possibly Dorton and Virgie but you parents on here supporting him keep it up because he lets your kids play....
Blackflag Wrote:Yeah, I heard they looked real good.

One parent told me he was not letting his kid play for Bobby anymore because they were just thrown out there last night and got embarrassed.

The 6th graders playing 7th don't need to, not because they are not good enough but because they could get hurt.

Its also sad when everone thinks the coach did a good job because he didn't get thrown out........there not supposed to get thrown out.

Pikeville will beat them by 30 as will Millard and possibly Dorton and Virgie but you parents on here supporting him keep it up because he lets your kids play....

Your post are getting boring. Not too hard to figure out that you are simply coach bashing.

I am not on here suporting Bobby because he "lets" my son play.Rolleyes Playing time is earned at least that is what I have tried to teach my children. I don't have a problem with any of the coaches at BMS and I think that they all do a wonderful job. I don't think that our coaches did a good job last night simply because he didn't get thrown out of the game--I think that he did a good job simply because he did. I ,as a parent and as a fan, was proud of all the boys last night as I am everytime they put on a BELFRY uniform.

Again, please come watch them play yourself then you can post from a first hand account of the game and actions at the game otherwise your posts mean nothing to me.
I find it quite amusing how some of you all will start your own little discussion about who knows what inside of a forum that is totally irrelevant. Why don't we start to remain on topic, and quit this bickering back and forth among each other about are own problems. Send private messages to one another if you want to debate something off topic, don't do it on the threads so we all have to read it just to find out what you're talking about.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:I find it quite amusing how some of you all will start your own little discussion about who knows what inside of a forum that is totally irrelevant. Why don't we start to remain on topic, and quit this bickering back and forth among each other about are own problems. Send private messages to one another if you want to debate something off topic, don't do it on the threads so we all have to read it just to find out what you're talking about.

I dont think you understand. This Blackflag is the problem. He is jumping from thread to thread bashing this coach and he obviously has a personal problem with him. He does not know his facts and it sounds like someones kid isn't getting to start or something. All of these threads need to stay on topic and Blackflag needs to post like he is soposed to. It seems like the only reason he's on here is to hide behind a monitor and talk about someone. If he has a problem he needs to take it up with coach and leave BGR out of it. These parents, kids and fans are just defending their own because of him.
Don't need to point fingers at me. I could care less about the situation or whatever is is about Blackflag and you or how he gets on other threads. All I'm sayin is when I click on a BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL BASKETBALL TEAMS thread, that is what I want to read about.
^I respect that, but...when a person quotes my post in which I had simply gave results from a game played last night and then responds with a coach bashing post-- I am going to reply.
Blackflag Wrote:NO!

All you listed will be better than them, as I have seen them practice.

No Struthers and no Wilkerson = 12-18 losses like last year and Bobby getting technicals, tossed, him cussing alot, and embarrassing the Belfry name and class that Coach Haywood and Coach Casey teach.

No real standout players that I can tell but you can't tell by the way they practice because they do very little scrimmaging. They work on drills that will not help them in games.

Is Pikeville better than last year? I was told they were but have not seen them yet. I was told they are a lock for the county title though. Coach Garris deserves it.

If you have seen them practice and I stress if. Then why can't you talk to Bobby, I do after every practice my son has with him, sometimes before. I never go through anyone.TongueirateSho
Blackflag Wrote:Have you watched him or ever listened to him during a ballgame? The way he talks to officials is embarassing and I know he says a few 4-letter words around the kids.

ITS MIDDLE SCHOOL BASKETBALL.

Everyone should get to play at some point and every game is not for the NBA title.

They play Johnson Central tonight go see how mant T's he gets and how his language is and how bad they lose. From what one of the parents told me I wouldn't be surprised if a player or 2 gets kicked out because of what he teaches.

He teaches them to be too physical, to dive after lose balls on top of other kids. Watch them practice, it looks like a wrestling match.

They knock peoples heads off to get the basketball.......basketball is non-contact WAKE-UP

Did you play basketball? I want my son to go after the basketball and get any (loose) ball. To go after rebounds, what coach doesn't teach this!
Blackflag Wrote:Yeah, I heard they looked real good.

My child is one of the 6th playing for the 7th grade. Why shouldn't he play if he has the talent? The only reason my son isn't in the 7th grade is he missed the cut-off day for starting school by 26 days. He's as old as some of the 7th graders. And he could get hurt playing for the 6th grade, that is a chance we take anytime we let our kids play sports.
Dad 35 Wrote:How can you not say BELFRY....they have won the Mountain Conference and the Pike County Championships

Ill show u how PIKEVILLE!!! :lmao:
by the way lasy yr jcms 7th grade beat belfry well actually they beta everyone except rosehill 2 but the did beat rose hill once
JCMS and Pikeville would be a GREAT game.

Did they play last year?

#23 for JCMS could be the best player in East Ky.
No they did not. Both coaches tried to schedule but nothing could ever get set.
Who Is #23 For Jcms And What Grade Is He In ????
eaglepride Wrote:by the way lasy yr jcms 7th grade beat belfry well actually they beta everyone except rosehill 2 but the did beat rose hill once

I thought last year (7th grade)Belfry won @ JC and JC beat Belfry here...
NEXT Wrote:JCMS and Pikeville would be a GREAT game.

Did they play last year?

#23 for JCMS could be the best player in East Ky.

He's good :thumpsup: