jetpilot Wrote:QB - Lewis, Clay Co.

RB - Harmon, Pikeville
RB - Grim, JC
RB - Miller, Rockcastle Co.

WR/TE - Cole, Somerset
WR/TE - Hamblin, Williamsburg
WR/TE - Dunn, Clay Co.

D - Tie, JC and Pikeville

Im pretty sure JC has the #1 D in their region, and I think Pikeville has the 4th best D in 1A and #1 in their region
Panther#42 Wrote:Im pretty sure JC has the #1 D in their region, and I think Pikeville has the 4th best D in 1A and #1 in their region

If you look at yardage given up, Pikeville is right at the top in 1A and one of the top overall...

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2006/stats.htm
http://www.khsaa.org/football/2006/stats1.htm

These stats are before Jenkins had negative yards against Pikeville last week.
Hm I was just looking at how many points teams have given up on the season
jetpilot Wrote:QB - Lewis, Clay Co.

RB - Harmon, Pikeville
RB - Grim, JC
RB - Miller, Rockcastle Co.

WR/TE - Cole, Somerset
WR/TE - Hamblin, Williamsburg
WR/TE - Dunn, Clay Co.

D - Tie, JC and Pikeville

Sounds good, except I dont know much about Dunn...
Boomer86 Wrote:Sounds good, except I dont know much about Dunn...
Philip Dunn, Clay County 10 63 1050 105.0 8
sounds impressive...
dials and kelly from sc should be on the list
jetpilot Wrote:If you look at yardage given up, Pikeville is right at the top in 1A and one of the top overall...

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2006/stats1.htm

These stats are before Jenkins had negative yards against Pikeville last week.

When the stats are posted on KHSAA today I think that you will see that total yardage wise Pikeville's D will be #1 state wide.
cards#6 Wrote:dials and kelly from sc should be on the list
Why???
Defend your choice.
Panther#42 Wrote:Im pretty sure JC has the #1 D in their region, and I think Pikeville has the 4th best D in 1A and #1 in their region
Pikeville actually has the #1 defense in the state out of all 4 classes in yards given up a game with 130.5. This is after the Jenkins game. If I'm noy mistaken this is how it falls for top 5 defenses in the state after 11 games.
1. Pikeville/130.5
2. Owensboro/133.7
3. Metcalfe Co./151.2
4. Bowling Green/151.6
5. Bardstown/153.7
6. Belfry/154.6
7. Marion Co./158.6
8. Rockastle Co./159.1
9. Newport/162.6
10.Mercer Co./186.2
These stats came from the KHSAA teams that had their stats turned in as of 11/4 or after. There might be other teams on this list that just haven't posted their stats. Some of these teams may be: Raceland, Danville, Russell, Mclean Co., and others. JC is not listed in the top 20 in AAA in pass defense or rush defense.
Raceland gave up a bunch of yds last week (2 - 88 yd TD passes) and McLean got blown out, so those 2 teams won't be above Pikeville. JC evidently isn't reporting yds given up.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tats_22565
bigpun Wrote:Pikeville actually has the #1 defense in the state out of all 4 classes in yards given up a game with 130.5. This is after the Jenkins game. If I'm noy mistaken this is how it falls for top 5 defenses in the state after 11 games.

What link are you looking at on the KHSAA website? The only information that I have is through November 3rd. Which has Pikeville only giving up 90.5 yards per game rushing.

Here is the link I am looking at.

I really would like to see some up to date stats.
Midee1 Wrote:What link are you looking at on the KHSAA website? The only information that I have is through November 3rd. Which has Pikeville only giving up 90.5 yards per game rushing.

Here is the link I am looking at.

I really would like to see some up to date stats.

They are now giving up about 80 rushing and 50 passing per game. KHSAA usually updates on Thur. afternoon, sometimes not until Fri. morning.
hillbilly Wrote:When the stats are posted on KHSAA today I think that you will see that total yardage wise Pikeville's D will be #1 state wide.

AWESOME.
hillbilly Wrote:When the stats are posted on KHSAA today I think that you will see that total yardage wise Pikeville's D will be #1 state wide.

Pikeville is 14th in the state the way I read it and 5th in class A. It would be a huge jump for them to move to number 1. Unless I am looking at something wrong. If so please clarify for me.
You have to average out what they give up rushing and passing
Pikeville gives up 90.5 on the ground and 54.6 in the air. Add them together and it is 130.5. Owensboro was the closest I found at 133.7 yard given up per game.
I did find this interesting bit of information posted on the KHSAA stat page for Pikeville. Pretty awesome stat here.

Quote:
Pikeville did not allow any punt returns the entire season. Pikeville opponents finished the season with "zero" return yards. Pikeville Punter Clay Elliott punted 22 times for a 30 yard average but his positional punting and good Pikeville coverage did not allow any punts to be returned.

This is under the coaches notes section of the stat page.
bigpun Wrote:You have to average out what they give up rushing and passing
Pikeville gives up 90.5 on the ground and 54.6 in the air. Add them together and it is 130.5. Owensboro was the closest I found at 133.7 yard given up per game.

I understand. For some reason I was looking at rushing only not total yards. DUH!:ChairHit:

I'm coming up with 145.1 per game. Which is still great considering Russell allows 191 yards total offense per game.
I think Pikeville led the nation in punt coverage at any level this year.

Thats actually 145.1. But thats before the Jenkins game, right?
jetpilot Wrote:Thats actually 145.1. But thats before the Jenkins game, right?

Good grief. I'm setting here with a pencil and paper and still messed it up. Smile
bigpun Wrote:I think Pikeville led the nation in punt coverage at any level this year.

From a post I made earlier. They did not have any punt return yardage against them all year according to the coaches notes. AWESOME
bigpun Wrote:I think Pikeville led the nation in punt coverage at any level this year.

And last in the nation in kickoff coverage...Smile