Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins Football 2007
i was just wanting to know how everybody thinks jenkins will do next year?
If they work hard in the offseason im sure they will do good next year
Get a weightroom, then they could have an impressive season
Work hard and stay focused!
We are going to be good, I hope that maybe we can win the district next year if everybody lifts and works hard
HAHAHAHA...is this another one of those football jokes????......aslong as pikevilles in the district...well..you know what you go......you'll have fun
CavsPride99 Wrote:HAHAHAHA...is this another one of those football jokes????......aslong as pikevilles in the district...well..you know what you go......you'll have fun

Pikeville and Jenkins are in DIFFERENT districts with the new realignment. Jenkins will be in with Hazard/Cumberland/Evarts/etc. I believe.

Though they'll have a tough time matching-up play-maker-wise with Hazard or Cumberland, IF they improve between now and next season as they did between this year and last, AND they keep their best athletes coming out for FOOTBALL, AND they have someone on staff that actually knows about how to improve overall athleticism in the off-season (not just old-school "powerlifting"), AND if their best athletes don't buy into any encouragement to join the the 'big monster' in the county they should compete yearly for the 3-spot in that district.
To be successful, there is no offseason in Sports!
Very very true!
Panther1 Wrote:Pikeville and Jenkins are in DIFFERENT districts with the new realignment. Jenkins will be in with Hazard/Cumberland/Evarts/etc. I believe.

Though they'll have a tough time matching-up play-maker-wise with Hazard or Cumberland, IF they improve between now and next season as they did between this year and last, AND they keep their best athletes coming out for FOOTBALL, AND they have someone on staff that actually knows about how to improve overall athleticism in the off-season (not just old-school "powerlifting"), AND if their best athletes don't buy into any encouragement to join the the 'big monster' in the county they should compete yearly for the 3-spot in that district.

You forgot to mention Hell has to freeze over.
Did Hell freeze over this year???
As a senior leaving this year, all i have to say is the cavs can and should have a good team, next year, and its gonna take some HARDWORK, and some other soon to be seniors to step up as some leaders, and start getting to work.. Good luck Cavs im sure gonna miss playin with everyone..
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Get a weightroom, then they could have an impressive season

a men:Clap:
CavsPride99 Wrote:HAHAHAHA...is this another one of those football jokes????......aslong as pikevilles in the district...well..you know what you go......you'll have fun
Pikeville isn't in our District, therefore you never know how far we will go
Does Jenkins seriously not even have a place to lift weights and condition as a team?
LovetheBucs Wrote:Does Jenkins seriously not even have a place to lift weights and condition as a team?
Yes we do but only maybe 10 use it that play football
Boomer86 Wrote:Did Hell freeze over this year???
haha
I'm sure that Jenkins will keep the success of this year, and carry it over to next year...good luck to you all!!!!
Go Cavs!!!!:thumpsup:
LineBacker #3 Wrote:I'm sure that Jenkins will keep the success of this year, and carry it over to next year...good luck to you all!!!!
Go Cavs!!!!:thumpsup:
Thanks
LovetheBucs Wrote:Does Jenkins seriously not even have a place to lift weights and condition as a team?

Jenkins does have a weight room. Over the summer a few of the boys lifted but as soon as football started they quit going. I think that should be part of practice, but i'm no coach. I do think jenkins will be good next year, they still have Puckett, Taylor, and some real promising young players. GO CAVS!:thumpsup:
:notworthy
football_fan Wrote:Jenkins does have a weight room. Over the summer a few of the boys lifted but as soon as football started they quit going. I think that should be part of practice, but i'm no coach. I do think jenkins will be good next year, they still have Puckett, Taylor, and some real promising young players. GO CAVS!:thumpsup:

i agree with that completely.
Eactly how many seniors does Jenkins lose this year?

Good Luck Cavs!
CousinEddie Wrote:Eactly how many seniors does Jenkins lose this year?

Good Luck Cavs!
6 Seniors and 5 where starters
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Get a weightroom, then they could have an impressive season
we have a weight room, its just no pikeville weight room but its a weight room.
CousinEddie Wrote:Eactly how many seniors does Jenkins lose this year?

Good Luck Cavs!
where losing #1, Richardson, #5, potter, #3/51/78, fields, lol, #84 childers, #27 linville, #42 belcher
Jenkins is also returning everyone one the line except for fields.
im sure they will do good next year also
Yeah jenkins is getting some kids from LCC, so the 5 starting spots wont be hard 2 fill in..
I hope Jenkins can use their momentum from this year to carry over into next season
Boomer86 Wrote:I hope Jenkins can use their momentum from this year to carry over into next season
It should carry over