Top 5 Best Dunkers in 15th
Theres not many that I know of but my list would consist of:
1.Devean Adams
2.Trevor Patton
3.Jamie McCarty
4.Van Ferguson
5.Trai Witt
No specific order
Smile In the 15th Region give me the 5 that can actually dunk the ball and those are the top 5.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ashley Hatfield and Taylor Newsome both can dunk it and there all freshman!!
There from Shelby Valley,forgot to put that on their
I think the only two that should get dunks this year is Trever Patton and Deven. Trai might get one this year, but I dont see many from him.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think the only two that should get dunks this year is Trever Patton and Deven. Trai might get one this year, but I dont see many from him.
I agree..but I think that Deven Adams will be the only one to do it in about every game....Jamie McCarty should get some dunks as well.
I think you all should know that Taylor Newsome will get 10 or 15 dunks this year just because he runs the floor very well for a big man.
George Shimko can throw down some nasty dunks...
Van Ferguson will get some dunks. Can Trevor Patton actually dunk it, cause if you call what he did in the district a dunk then you don't know what a dunk is.
Redneck Wrote:Van Ferguson will get some dunks. Can Trevor Patton actually dunk it, cause if you call what he did in the district a dunk then you don't know what a dunk is.

I cant believe you brought that up again. Call it what you want but the kid slammed the exclamation point on a great performance by the Prestonsburg Blackcats in the District tournament in front of a capacity crowd. Whew!!!!!!Smile
I honestly didn't know that anyone could consistantly dunk in the 15th region...
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:I cant believe you brought that up again. Call it what you want but the kid slammed the exclamation point on a great performance by the Prestonsburg Blackcats in the District tournament in front of a capacity crowd. Whew!!!!!!Smile
I wouldn't have called it a slam...
Van Ferguson will get a lot of dunks this year I'd say. He can jump out of the gym.
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:I think you all should know that Taylor Newsome will get 10 or 15 dunks this year just because he runs the floor very well for a big man.

Well, considering Taylor isn't even going to start, it would be impressive to see this freshmen put down 10-15 dunks this year. I highly doubt you were being serious about this, but okay.
What does Valley's starting lineup look like this year? Newsome's a great player, I can't believe he isn't starting for them this year?
Pupaw Wrote:What does Valley's starting lineup look like this year? Newsome's a great player, I can't believe he isn't starting for them this year?

More than likely it will look like this

PG - Elijah Justice - Fresh.
SG - Logan Bryant - Soph.
SF - Jake Bryant - Junior
PF - Kyle Goodson - Senior
C - Ashley Hatfield - Fresh.

The first 3 players off the bench will be Jeremy Jackson (he may even start in Kyle's place every now and then, or overall), Jonah Justice, and Taylor Newsome.
How big is Hatfeild? I remember watching him play but i was just wondering if he has grew any?
White Mike Wrote:How big is Hatfeild? I remember watching him play but i was just wondering if he has grew any?

I'd say he is around 6'2 or 6'3. He is a pretty big boy for a freshmen. Very athletic also.
alfus21 Wrote:Smile In the 15th Region give me the 5 that can actually dunk the ball and those are the top 5.

:thumpsup: Sad but true (at least under game conditions)
Redneck Wrote:Van Ferguson will get some dunks. Can Trevor Patton actually dunk it, cause if you call what he did in the district a dunk then you don't know what a dunk is.
It takes alot for a player to even attempt a dunk, I give mad props to him for even trying to dunk, and believe me, if you saw him dunk during warmups then well you will be amazed what he can do now.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Well, considering Taylor isn't even going to start, it would be impressive to see this freshmen put down 10-15 dunks this year. I highly doubt you were being serious about this, but okay.

When did they make a rule said that you have to be a starter to dunk the ball? With Greg Newsome on the bench, he will make sure the freshman get to play and that will give them a chance to become starters when they can show how good they cam play.
Redneck Wrote:....Can Trevor Patton actually dunk it, cause if you call what he did in the district a dunk then you don't know what a dunk is.

Watch Warm-ups next time you watch the Blackcats ! And yes he can dunk it he has proved it to everyone that has been in the GYM the same time he has ! He can catch Alley-oops and throw them down, One handed slams, and the regular two handed slams !
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:When did they make a rule said that you have to be a starter to dunk the ball? With Greg Newsome on the bench, he will make sure the freshman get to play and that will give them a chance to become starters when they can show how good they cam play.

What I'm wondering is, when did Taylor get such a big vertical? The only freshmen on the ball team I heard of or have saw dunk in a ball game was Ashley, so either you are Taylor, and are exaggerating about yourself, or someone is just making something up.
I think there willl be alot more people dunking this year than the usuall in the 15th
watchin-u Wrote:I think there willl be alot more people dunking this year than the usuall in the 15th

Atleast two from Valley can dunk in a real game...Kyle Goodson and Ashley Hatfield...
Trevor Patton
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:What I'm wondering is, when did Taylor get such a big vertical? The only freshmen on the ball team I heard of or have saw dunk in a ball game was Ashley, so either you are Taylor, and are exaggerating about yourself, or someone is just making something up.

He can dunk it now. Ask NYY10.
Taylor Newsome and Ashley Hatfield are not true dunkers. That is the funniest think that I have ever heard. The only thing that they will be dunking is donuts with their buddy GREG NEWSOME!
Justin Credible Wrote:It takes alot for a player to even attempt a dunk, I give mad props to him for even trying to dunk, and believe me, if you saw him dunk during warmups then well you will be amazed what he can do now.

Hey, I give him props for trying, I tried to myself in the district tourney my junior year at JC and I wasn't successful, everyone laughed their ass' off, I didn't care, at least I tried. I was just saying, that's the only time I have seen him dunk or try to dunk and he couldn't do it, that's why I asked if he actually could.

blackcat_student Wrote:Watch Warm-ups next time you watch the Blackcats ! And yes he can dunk it he has proved it to everyone that has been in the GYM the same time he has ! He can catch Alley-oops and throw them down, One handed slams, and the regular two handed slams !

Warm-ups means NOTHING. You are from Pburg, so I know you have seen boys in the past who could tear the rim off like Nick Jamerson, Jesse Chaffin, Kyle Ousley. How many of those boys got a dunk in a game? Speaking of warm-ups, what is he doing dunking it in warm-ups anyways, isn't that an automatic technical foul, lol.
Redneck Wrote:Warm-ups means NOTHING. You are from Pburg, so I know you have seen boys in the past who could tear the rim off like Nick Jamerson, Jesse Chaffin, Kyle Ousley. How many of those boys got a dunk in a game? Speaking of warm-ups, what is he doing dunking it in warm-ups anyways, isn't that an automatic technical foul, lol.

Your right I've never seen any of those get a dunk in a game ! But Trevor did last season ! And I'm sure he will dunk the ball alot this season in games !