Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settle this debate: Who would win between Raceland and Russell and by how many?
I've got Russell 35-14 over the Ramblers. Clark would rush for 150+ with 3-4 Td's.
And for those of you who are still not in the know, we will actually find out next year. The Red Devils travel to Raceland Ram Stadium to take on the Rams in Week 10.
This year???????????? Rams would have close game. I would say Russell by 21. Next year I dont know?????????????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
With As Much Anticipation That These Two Schools Have To Play Each Other I Do Not Know How It Would Finish But I Do Know That It Will Bring In Alot Of Money Between Them.
Wow...really starting this one early....Smile I like the anticipation!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This year Russell,because of defense....next year Russell as well...:devilflam
Gotta go with Russel by 12!
I don't care.

You should never have to play game on a field that has all four cornors cut off by the track.
Russell by as many as they please and that goes for next year too!!!
It should not matter what the field looks like(and there are some really bad fields to play on). But look at the competition and the money that it would bring in. Now you may not think Raceland would bring in the fan base then you are totally wrong! With them so close and the way the community is with their program it would be a good money game.
DEVIL89 Wrote:It Should Not Matter What The Field Looks Like(and There Are Some Really Bad Fields To Play On) But Look At The Compitition And The Money That It Would Bring In. Now You May Not Think Raceland Would Bring In The Fan Base Then You Are Totally Wrong! With Them So Close And The Way The Community Is With Their Program Then It Would Be A Good Money Game.
I don't think anybody said it would not be a good gate or Raceland had a small fan base. A game played at Raceland would be overcrowded with no where to sit, stand or park.

I never said I was against playing Raceland. I am against playing at Raceland. And yes, the fact that the endzones extend onto an asphalt track does matter to me.
ill go with russel by 21 but the rams may play them tougher this year
FBALL Wrote:I don't think anybody said it would not be a good gate or Raceland had a small fan base. A game played at Raceland would be overcrowded with no where to sit, stand or park.

I never said I was against playing Raceland. I am against playing at Raceland. And yes, the fact that the endzones extend onto an asphalt track does matter to me.

When was blacktop a factor in your career ?????? Out side the JFL field onthe parking lot when your MOMMA would beat you for missing your BLOCK..... !!!
Heard stories about you guards,, could tell you a few too. I remember when McGlone was yelling for a GUARD, and Marty Higgins ran up and said. "I'm here
coach...... McGlone looked at him and yelled "GUARD"
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Devils would win this match-up.
Raceland beat Ashland, Ashland beat Russell. Raceland should beat Russell.

Belfry should have beaten Ashland, Belfry should beat Russell.

;P
Sarrr Wrote:Raceland beat Ashland, Ashland beat Russell. Raceland should beat Russell.

;P

But it took Ashland 3 OT's to beat Russell. They beat Belfry in 1 OT. So by your logic Russell should beat Belfry because Russell held out longer.
Devilologist Wrote:When was blacktop a factor in your career ?????? Out side the JFL field onthe parking lot when your MOMMA would beat you for missing your BLOCK..... !!!
Heard stories about you guards,, could tell you a few too. I remember when McGlone was yelling for a GUARD, and Marty Higgins ran up and said. "I'm here
coach...... McGlone looked at him and yelled "GUARD"
I never missed a block.

The wrong guy just jumped in my way.:rockon:
FBALL Wrote:I never missed a block.

The wrong guy just jumped in my way.:rockon:

THAT IS AWESOME FBALL,,,,,,,, I NEVER HEARD IT PUT THAT WAY...MAN YOU KILL ME................
:lmao:
Sarrr Wrote:Raceland beat Ashland, Ashland beat Russell. Raceland should beat Russell.

;P
raceland didn't beat the same football team that beat russell.
russell would destroy raceland no doubt.
First of all, don't hate on the field. Obviously you are a russell guy since you are against playing @ Raceland, and the last time I checked, the corner of the endzone shouldn't matter to you guys. Russell throws as many passes a year as I take dumps in one day. Come on, get over the "I am better than you" crap and let the kids settle it on the field. ANY field. Hell, if grown men will play football on uneven, rock hard, gravel infested plots of land, I'm sure these kids won't complain about a few feet of astroturf.
I never said anyone was better than anyone. I just don't want to watch the game in a place where over half of the people in attendance would have to stand crowded together with a poor view of the game. Where there is not nearly enough parking. Where there in no room in the press box for the visiting coaching staff. And yes where the endzone cornors are asphalt.

I am glad they are going to play. But it should be played at Russell where the fans, coaches and players would be well accomodated. JMO

Tyler Jones is on pace to pass for over 1,000 yards this season. That kind of kills the dump to pass ratio unless you have a really serious case of IBS.:moon:
I'd say in a close game because of Raceland's air attack that Russell would take it because of being the more physical football team and just pushing Raceland until they break.
Grizzle is a good QB but under Russell pressure I dont think youll see too much of him making big gains,like he has lately and in the past :devilflam
Is Grizzle a senior???
Russell wins this game by 3 touchdowns clark and thr red devils will have a field day here folks a real barnburner
Devilologist Wrote:Is Grizzle a senior???
yes
The reason that Raceland would make it close is not only because of Scott Grizzle and the passing game but they also have Derrik Beach, who can catch the ball, run the ball, and return punts and kicks.
SCS_0855 Wrote:The reason that Raceland would make it close is not only because of Scott Grizzle and the passing game but they also have Derrik Beach, who can catch the ball, run the ball, and return punts and kicks.

Beach is a good player, but he didn't exactly burn the Devils while he was at Greenup.

Last Year
6 carries - 29 yards
1 reception - 10 yards
4 KO returns - 33 yards
0 touchdowns

0 carries
1 reception - 12 yards
1 KO return - 18 yards

I know this is this year and Beach is a different kid and could have a MONSTER game if he played against Russell. However, it is only a MAYBE.
The Rams D would sufficate Clark. I like Raceland winning 31-16!