Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
80.00%
Ashland Blazer
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Johnson Central at Ashland Blazer 10/25
(10-21-2024, 08:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-21-2024, 08:27 PM)HollyWood24 Wrote:
(10-21-2024, 08:03 PM)Redneck Wrote: I got JC winning this one. I do have to ask the JC faithful about a rumor going around. I’ve heard that McCoart is ineligible due to his age? Rumor is that Corbin was the team that supposedly reported it. Idk how they would even know. I do know that there’s no way Coach Peck, nor the administration would let an ineligible player play. They be are continuing what Matney built, no way they’d risk that.
Im abt 100 percent sure this is false
I am all for kids getting to play. I am a big fan of this kid and the season he is having. I'm glad he is eligible and no wrongdoing here by anyone. No reason to throw negative shade towards Johnson Central or the kid. This issue is a non-issue. KHSAA approved and case closed. I expect this game to be another playoff type atmosphere of a game. Two of Class 4A top 5 or 6 teams and depending on the poll arguably top 4 teams. So, I will be watching this one from a distance. I like the announcers of the last Ashland game I listened to online, and they did a heck of a job. I was fired up after that game, I think it was the year Ashland won it all the last time. Big time game and good luck to both teams. Fan of these programs! Enjoy the night, should be a dandy!
That’s great news. That’s the answer I was looking for. I wasn’t at all throwing shade at the program or the young man.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
It's a non-issue. Any further statements about the matter will be deleted. I would advise to keep the topic on the thread title and not about a kid.
I will have to ask; will this stadium have enough room for all the people who will attend this one?
(10-21-2024, 09:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I will have to ask; will this stadium have enough room for all the people who will attend this one?

Should be plenty. Putnam is a “horse shoe” stadium  with seating around three fourths of the field. Parking can be tough since it’s by the middle school ( former Putnam Junior High) in a residential area. But the parking is much better than it used to be with some parking lot expansion a few years ago with the middle school refurb.
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-21-2024, 08:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-21-2024, 08:27 PM)HollyWood24 Wrote:
(10-21-2024, 08:03 PM)Redneck Wrote: I got JC winning this one. I do have to ask the JC faithful about a rumor going around. I’ve heard that McCoart is ineligible due to his age? Rumor is that Corbin was the team that supposedly reported it. Idk how they would even know. I do know that there’s no way Coach Peck, nor the administration would let an ineligible player play. They be are continuing what Matney built, no way they’d risk that.
Im abt 100 percent sure this is false
I am all for kids getting to play. I am a big fan of this kid and the season he is having. I'm glad he is eligible and no wrongdoing here by anyone. No reason to throw negative shade towards Johnson Central or the kid. This issue is a non-issue. KHSAA approved and case closed. I expect this game to be another playoff type atmosphere of a game. Two of Class 4A top 5 or 6 teams and depending on the poll arguably top 4 teams. So, I will be watching this one from a distance. I like the announcers of the last Ashland game I listened to online, and they did a heck of a job. I was fired up after that game, I think it was the year Ashland won it all the last time. Big time game and good luck to both teams. Fan of these programs! Enjoy the night, should be a dandy!
That’s great news. That’s the answer I was looking for. I wasn’t at all throwing shade at the program or the young man.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • Bull got out!
Here are JC's passing TD's allowed through nine games. Twenty passing TD's through nine games..... North Laurel is the only team that didn't score on JC.
Of the twenty passing TD's allowed, my guess is about four or five were against JC's JV & Freshman team.

Madison Central 2 TD's
Pikeville 1 TD
Belfry 3 TD's
Breathitt County 2 TD's
Boyd County 1 TD
Corbin 6 TD's
Rowan County 1 TD
Greenup County 4 TD's

Ashland has scored 15 passing TD's through eight games.

If this game was a math equation, after eliminating all the other variables.... this is what would be left to solve for.
Johnson Central's Rushing Offense vs. Ashland's Spread Offense
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
For those new to the JC vs. Ashland rivalry... here are some memorable game recaps.

In 2005, a JC field goal that hit a branch directly between the uprights and was ruled Wide Right by the only five guys that mattered.  The field goal would have tied the game.... this happened very late in the 4th quarter.  Ashland won 13-10. This was the start of the JC/Ashland Rivalry.
In a 2006 playoff game, JC recovers a fumble late in the game with the score tied 21-21.  JC would score, get the win and move on the our first Semi-State appearance.
In 2009, JC won on a TD or 2-Pt conversion (I don't remember exactly) very late in the game, as an underclassman made a miraculous pass completion to give JC the win, 29-28.
In 2011, Ashland was able to shut down JJ Jude and get the 22-6 win.  This is the best Ashland has ever contained JC's rushing attack.
In 2012, JC won a 22-21 thriller in OT... this is on my list of the Top 5 best games I've seen in person (and that is a long list).
In 2014, at the state softball tournament, JC hits a home run that gave JC the lead. After the original homerun call was protested by Ashland's coach, the Umps overturn the homerun and rule it a ground-rule double. This gave Ashland the win. The umpires on this crew were send home after this game and a memo/press release was released by the KHSAA. There were several news outlets that posted the video of the homerun.... the Ashland outfielders knew it was a homerun by their body language. This is still a sore subject for the JC softball players, fans & parents/guardians that were there that day. People that hadn't been to a JC football game in years that had a player on that softball team came to the Ashland football game to see JC get some revenge.
In 2015, JC won, 8-7.... but this was probably the most even game between the two since the games became district opponents in 2005.
In 2017, I think JC set a state record for the numbers of fumbles in a game.  Ashland won 21-18.
In 2023, Ashland's quick scoring offense was on full display as JC was using a very depleted backfield... but in the end, JC grinded out a 36-33 win.

In 2006 (1x), 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016 (2x), 2017 (playoffs) & (2018 2x)... all of these games were won by JC in pretty decisive fashion.
(10-21-2024, 09:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: It's a non-issue. Any further statements about the matter will be deleted. I would advise to keep the topic on the thread title and not about a kid.
I love it when Bull hoofs paw the ground and snorts out his nose and puts the heifers in line
I won’t be surprised if Ashland throws 4 tds this game. I will be surprised if JC don’t rush for 6-7 TDs with McCourt getting 5 of those. The key will be how much speed Ashland has in the back field. JC has another weakness people haven’t talked about. They struggle when a team has the speed to get around the end. If JC can not force the ball inside this game will be close and come down to the last drive. However, Ashlands defense is simply not good. They rarely bring a good game plan to stop JCs run game. This year will be worse. They can not tackle McCourt. When the pads come off I expect to see a bunch of “I hate Ashland” shirts”. They get pumped up for this game in Johnson co.
JC's offense needs to be as Monotonous & Tiresome as possible.

Nothing cute, nothing fantasy..... nothing but the O-Line making holes & letting the horses run.
JC fullback Logan Morrow rushed for 103 yards in last season's game against Ashland. If JC wanted to, they could use McCoart as a decoy and let Morrow, Music, and Barnes have career games, but I expect that they will spread the carries around and prevent Ashland from focusing on any single back too much.

I expect this to be a close, but high scoring game. The final score will depend on Johnson Central's average gain per carry. They will control the pace at which this game is played.
McCoart is going to be hard to stop, if they can slow him down a bit, might have a chance.
(Yesterday, 09:01 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: For those new to the JC vs. Ashland rivalry... here are some memorable game recaps.

In 2005, a JC field goal that hit a branch directly between the uprights and was ruled Wide Right by the only five guys that mattered.  The field goal would have tied the game.... this happened very late in the 4th quarter.  Ashland won 13-10.  This was the start of the JC/Ashland Rivalry.
In a 2006 playoff game, JC recovers a fumble late in the game with the score tied 21-21.  JC would score, get the win and move on the our first Semi-State appearance.
In 2009, JC won on a TD or 2-Pt conversion (I don't remember exactly) very late in the game, as an underclassman made a miraculous pass completion to give JC the win, 29-28.
In 2011, Ashland was able to shut down JJ Jude and get the 22-6 win.  This is the best Ashland has ever contained JC's rushing attack.
In 2012, JC won a 22-21 thriller in OT... this is on my list of the Top 5 best games I've seen in person (and that is a long list).
In 2014, at the state softball tournament, JC hits a home run that gave JC the lead.  After the original homerun call was protested by Ashland's coach, the Umps overturn the homerun and rule it a ground-rule double.  This gave Ashland the win.  The umpires on this crew were send home after this game and a memo/press release was released by the KHSAA.  There were several news outlets that posted the video of the homerun.... the Ashland outfielders knew it was a homerun by their body language.  This is still a sore subject for the JC softball players, fans & parents/guardians that were there that day.  People that hadn't been to a JC football game in years that had a player on that softball team came to the Ashland football game to see JC get some revenge.
In 2015, JC won, 8-7.... but this was probably the most even game between the two since the games became district opponents in 2005.
In 2017, I think JC set a state record for the numbers of fumbles in a game.  Ashland won 21-18.
In 2023, Ashland's quick scoring offense was on full display as JC was using a very depleted backfield... but in the end, JC grinded out a 36-33 win.

In 2006 (1x), 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016 (2x), 2017 (playoffs) & (2018 2x)... all of these games were won by JC in pretty decisive fashion.
IS there a video of the 2005 kick?
(Yesterday, 02:58 PM)The Source EKy Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:01 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: For those new to the JC vs. Ashland rivalry... here are some memorable game recaps.

In 2005, a JC field goal that hit a branch directly between the uprights and was ruled Wide Right by the only five guys that mattered.  The field goal would have tied the game.... this happened very late in the 4th quarter.  Ashland won 13-10.  This was the start of the JC/Ashland Rivalry.
In 2014, at the state softball tournament, JC hits a home run that gave JC the lead.  After the original homerun call was protested by Ashland's coach, the Umps overturn the homerun and rule it a ground-rule double.  This gave Ashland the win.  The umpires on this crew were send home after this game and a memo/press release was released by the KHSAA.  There were several news outlets that posted the video of the homerun.... the Ashland outfielders knew it was a homerun by their body language.  This is still a sore subject for the JC softball players, fans & parents/guardians that were there that day.  People that hadn't been to a JC football game in years that had a player on that softball team came to the Ashland football game to see JC get some revenge.

I have no idea if a copy of the 05 game has made it this long.....
I watched Matney's copy a few days after it happened, but that was 19 years ago.  There may be a copy in somebody's collection, but your guess is as good as mine who would have it.
(Yesterday, 02:58 PM)The Source EKy Wrote:

Several years ago... probably about 15 years back, somebody posted a "screenshot" from the Ashland student section.
The photo "Showed" what they said was supposed to be the football to the right of the goal post.  If memory serves me correctly, you couldn't distinguish between the trees, leaves, limbs and the football. 
A grainy photo from a video of a brown football, being kicked at night, against the backdrop of trees in late October, filmed from over 120 yards with 2005 technology..... isn't what I would consider proof.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • jetpilot
Great post Pulp
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Pulp Fiction