Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County WR Quissenberry
Montavin Quissenberry Has Flipped tp UK The cats pulled out the Red Carpet for Tavy on his OV Last Weekend
In case there was any doubt, he just sealed his Mr. Football
[-] The following 2 users Like 16 special's post:
  • Hatz, Rebel55
As a Big Blue fan I couldn’t be happier! He’s a very underrated recruit due to height and playing in the state of Kentucky but this kid is different. I can picture him and Cutter at UK in a few years being special together.
(10-16-2024, 01:39 PM)16 special Wrote: In case there was any doubt, he just sealed his Mr. Football

Agreed, but there was never any doubt. He's the most clear cut Mr. Football candidate that I can remember. He's been (arguably) the best player in the state since his freshman year and this year he got the chance to showcase it on the big stage and dominated against top level national competition. He'll go down as one of the best to ever do it in Kentucky high school football.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shogun's post:
  • Holy Bull, RunItUpTheGut
I respect the grit and talent of this kid, he has been Haddix golden ticket for the last couple years. I am wondering how his size and elusiveness translates in SEC football. hopefully he does well.
Kid is a great player and hope he kills it at UK. Hopefully will be another Wandale. Boyle players in general since Tamme have struggled to get on the field in college. Not just at UK but everywhere. Wilson Kelly is the one former Boyle player that consistently got on the field in college at Middle TN. In college if you start as a freshmen you were probably under recruited and maybe could have went to a higher level. If you never get on the field than probably over recruited and maybe went a level or two too high.
(10-16-2024, 02:53 PM)UK1 Wrote: Kid is a great player and hope he kills it at UK.  Hopefully will be another Wandale.  Boyle players in general since Tamme have struggled to get on the  field in college.  Not just at UK but everywhere.  Wilson Kelly is the one former Boyle player that consistently got on the field in college at Middle TN.  In college if you start as a freshmen you were probably under recruited and maybe could have went to a higher level.  If you never get on the field than probably over recruited and maybe went a level or two too high.

Lamar Dawson played quite a bit if I remember correctly.
[-] The following 2 users Like OldFlow's post:
  • BEChargers, Hatz
(10-16-2024, 02:24 PM)Big Boomer Wrote: I respect the grit and talent of this kid, he has been Haddix golden ticket for the last couple years. I am wondering how his size and elusiveness translates in SEC football. hopefully he does well.
He very well be the most elusive player in this years class. Size makes everyone a little uneasy about being in the SEC, but there’s plenty of 5’10, 5’9 wrs that have made their name known in college football strictly off speed and being elusive. Golden Tate and Tavon Austin were short, but you couldn’t touch them. I would love to see him turn into wandale or one of those guys. He’s anyone’s golden ticket.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Big Boomer
(10-16-2024, 03:05 PM)OldFlow Wrote:
(10-16-2024, 02:53 PM)UK1 Wrote: Kid is a great player and hope he kills it at UK.  Hopefully will be another Wandale.  Boyle players in general since Tamme have struggled to get on the  field in college.  Not just at UK but everywhere.  Wilson Kelly is the one former Boyle player that consistently got on the field in college at Middle TN.  In college if you start as a freshmen you were probably under recruited and maybe could have went to a higher level.  If you never get on the field than probably over recruited and maybe went a level or two too high.

Lamar Dawson played quite a bit if I remember correctly.
You are correct but that is going on about 10 years ago now.  They have had a lot of players get scholarships and go on to play college football in the last 10 years.
Is UK the worst place for an offensive Recruit? They have so much turnover and inept offensive history! I hope this player does not become a victim of the UK O. He can Play, would love to see him at a place he can shine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Holy Bull
(10-16-2024, 02:24 PM)Big Boomer Wrote: I respect the grit and talent of this kid, he has been Haddix golden ticket for the last couple years. I am wondering how his size and elusiveness translates in SEC football. hopefully he does well.
It worked Pretty Good for Wandale
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wildcat09's post:
  • Big Boomer
(10-16-2024, 04:59 PM)Wildcat09 Wrote:
It worked Pretty Good for Wandale
that's what I wonder too. he could be really dangerous with that size etc.
I have talked to Vince Marrow And I asked who he would compare him too and his answer was Wandale Tavy has speed unlike anything I have ever seen in High School

Jagger Gillis and Daulton Peetz have started for Campbellsville at QB and Center since they’ve been freshman. Pretty sure they have another OL there that starts. Reese Smith starts for Liberty. Jakei Tarter was named Scout team player of the week for Centre a few weeks ago. Will McDaniel starts RB for Centre.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Hatz
(10-16-2024, 07:22 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Jagger Gillis and Daulton Peetz have started for Campbellsville at QB and Center since they’ve been freshman. Pretty sure they have another OL there that starts. Reese Smith starts for Liberty. Jakei Tarter was named Scout team player of the week for Centre a few weeks ago. Will McDaniel starts RB for Centre.
Luke Shepperson starts at TE for Campbellsville. Been a 4 yr starter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Footballfan33's post:
  • Waitaminute
(10-16-2024, 03:40 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Is UK the worst place for an offensive Recruit?  They have so much turnover and inept offensive history! I hope this player does not become a victim of the UK O. He can Play, would love to see him at a place he can shine.

Package deal?  Haddix goes to Lexington with Tavy???
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Holy Bull
Despite their obvious let downs UK keeps recruiting some outstanding players. Hopefully the coaching staff will get their flaws figured out and get this team moving in the right direction. Congrats on the commitment!
I hope he does well, Robinson was a more explosive player in highschool.. But I think Q has a more rounded game.. dont underestimate his defensive prowess.
(10-16-2024, 09:55 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote:

Yes I was going to say Shepperson.  He has had a great career there.  All these guys mentioned make my point.  They all went to a level they could play at.  Some of the other guys went a level or two higher than they should and never saw the field. If I was told I could draft a high school team tomorrow and i had the number one pick and could choose between Quisenberry and Reese Smith i am choosing Reese.  The amount of interceptions he had over his career I just think he was overall better player but just my opinion.  He struggled to get on the field at WV.  Was starting to break out at Liberty and got hurt again.  Hopefully he can have great remainder of the season.
Congrats to the young man! I wish him the absolute best!
(Yesterday, 02:05 PM)UK1 Wrote:
(10-16-2024, 09:55 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote:

Yes I was going to say Shepperson.  He has had a great career there.  All these guys mentioned make my point.  They all went to a level they could play at.  Some of the other guys went a level or two higher than they should and never saw the field. If I was told I could draft a high school team tomorrow and i had the number one pick and could choose between Quisenberry and Reese Smith i am choosing Reese.  The amount of interceptions he had over his career I just think he was overall better player but just my opinion.  He struggled to get on the field at WV.  Was starting to break out at Liberty and got hurt again.  Hopefully he can have great remainder of the season.

You said Boyle players in general have struggled to get on the field in college. That wasn't a true statement. 
You would also lose if you had the number one pick. Tough.
I think Q is the best player to ever play for Boyle period. Kid is a one man army. No disrespect to Boyles players in the past either, they have some great ones.
(Yesterday, 04:41 PM)Medusa Wrote: I think Q is the best player to ever play for Boyle period.  Kid is a one man army.  No disrespect to Boyles players in the past either, they have some great ones.
If going off high school success you could make a case for him.  As far as College Success so far has to be Jacob Tamme and only player i know of from Boyle that has played in the NFL.  Until somebody else from Boyle does that Tamme might have to be regarded as the best.  Quisenberry might have the chance to do that time will tell.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UK1's post:
  • BEChargers
(10-16-2024, 03:40 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Is UK the worst place for an offensive Recruit?  They have so much turnover and inept offensive history! I hope this player does not become a victim of the UK O. He can Play, would love to see him at a place he can shine.

UK couldn’t recruit a QB if he lived under the stadium!  It sucks to watch them play good to sometimes great on defense and NEVER produce offensively.

Just win four against nobodies and beat Missouri and Vandy and play in the Music City Bowl!

NO WAIT!  We can’t beat Vandy anymore.

IF Cal had to go….
One good thing due to UK's ineptness on offense is that athletes like Quisenberry shine bright because they end up having to be the whole offense.
Some athletes won’t play in programs that are sub par. They use the transfer portal to move on to greener pastures. Some do it as early as their sophomore year in HS.
(Yesterday, 04:41 PM)Medusa Wrote: I think Q is the best player to ever play for Boyle period.  Kid is a one man army.  No disrespect to Boyles players in the past either, they have some great ones.
Hes good but wait untill You Watch Lamar Dawsons Boyle Higlight Reel
(Yesterday, 05:02 PM)UK1 Wrote:
If going off high school success you could make a case for him.  As far as College Success so far has to be Jacob Tamme and only player i know of from Boyle that has played in the NFL.  Until somebody else from Boyle does that Tamme might have to be regarded as the best.  Quisenberry might have the chance to do that time will tell.
I think at least one of the Leffew brothers was in the NFL for awhile. Maybe both of them. But Tamme was more successful over all.