•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pox on Both Their Houses
Great post GB. The truth is out there Scully. Go Panthers. Go Pirates. Go Golden Eagles.
You forgot Go Black Bears!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
Good morning, Granny. That was an excellent post. It sounds like we put in similar due diligence both in deciding how to vote in 2016 and with regard to COVID vaccination. We reached similar conclusions in our respective voting decisions, but much different conclusions in our COVID vaccination decisions.

I agonized over my decision whether to vote for Donald Trump after he ran what I considered the most childish and dishonest campaign in the history of Republican primary campaigns. When I ranked the available Republican candidates, I had only two or three below Trump. (My top choice in that field was Ted Cruz.) However, I ultimately decided to vote for Trump because I could not bring myself not to vote for somebody who had a chance to defeat Hillary Clinton, a woman who I honestly believe should have been behind bars years before the 2016 campaign began.

I also supported the impeachment of Bill Clinton because our system cannot work fairly if individuals commit perjury in a civil trial with no consequences. However, I also believed that Bill Clinton was a very competent president, despite my many fundamental philosophical differences with the man. His wife Hillary has all of Bill's character flaws but possesses none of his positive traits. In my opinion, she committed multiple serious felonies that should have landed her in prison.

My main issues with Trump are the childish name-calling directed at anybody who disagrees with him, his extremely self-centered style, his obvious dishonesty (he is a clumsy liar as opposed to the polished liar, Bill Clinton), his disloyalty to those whom he hires, and the lack of loyalty that he inspires among those he personally hired. The list is much longer, but those are the high points of my issues with the man. If I added my issues with Trump to the issues that I had with Bill Clinton, the list would still not be as long as a list of my problems with Hillary Clinton. This nation dodged a bullet when Trump beat her in the 2016 election.
I agree that this election is very important. I guess one could argue that this is the most important election ever, but the 2020 election was extremely important, and the Republican and Democrat parties once again provided us with horrible alternatives. There was no good choice in 2016 or 2020, but I believe that the nation chose the lesser of two evils in 2016 and the greater of two evils in 2020. This country has never made a worse decision than the one that made Joe Biden president.

Once again, the two parties have failed miserably in providing good choices in the 2024 election. Kamala Harris is not suffering from dementia—and that is where her list of good points starts and ends. Donald Trump's list of positives is much longer, but he has obviously not learned any lessons from his previous term as president. I cringe every time I hear him call a political opponent a childish name. I cringe even more when he calls a former employee who he hired a childish name.
In a nation with a population of over 300 million people, the fact that our two major political parties cannot offer better candidates over a 12-year period than Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and Kamala Harris would scare the living daylights out of a well-informed, well-educated populace. The fact that each of these candidates has large devoted followings with people obviously revering them as great American heroes is even more frightening to me. What have any of these people done to inspire devoted followers? I just do not get it.

Finally, one of my biggest issues with Donald Trump was his handling of the COVID pandemic. The sight of him standing on a stage supporting Dr. Anthony Fauci day after day, and the fact that he never fired or demoted the evil scientist turned my stomach. (I spend a lot of time cringing during Trump's public appearances.)

After much research, I initially decided not to receive any COVID vaccination. I subsequently contracted a severe case of COVID and spent 12 days in a hospital. After I was discharged, I knew that I would be naturally immune from COVID for six months or more, so I still refused to get a vaccination. Ultimately, the federal government gave contractors the option of being vaccinated or finding other employment. I caved and elected to get the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccination. I have not, and will not, receive any booster vaccinations. I have since had one very mild case of COVID.

One point on which we disagree is Walter Cronkite. The national news media in Cronkite's day was just as biased to the left as it is today. Cronkite, Chet Huntley, David Brinkley, and the rest of the news anchors of the 1960s were just much more polished and subtle in those days with their left-wing bias, and the distance between the political center and the right and left wings was not as great as it is today. I did not reach that realization until years later, but the news media has never been conservative in this country, in my opinion.
(10-13-2024, 10:03 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 10:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 10:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 10:21 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 10:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote: That thread will still be here for all to see. You can try again tomorrow acting like it doesn't exist.
I encourage anybody who is curious about Trump's record to read all of my 2016 posts. What they will not find is a single post in which I expressed any support for Hillary Clinton. You lied. You got caught and you are not man enough to admit you were wrong.

People can read. You attacked Trump in post after post after post. Every conservative on the thread was telling you that you were crazy. "Hillary's number one cheerleader." Take the damn L. People can read. You will never get anyone with room temperature IQ to believe that bashing someone all day long right before the election isn't tacit support for the other candidate. I'm starting to think you have a damn screw loose. I certainly thought so in 2016 on that thread, as did every other person on there who wasn't voting for Hillary.
Criticizing the Republican nominee is not the same as supporting the Democrat nominee - no matter how many times you say that they are the same. You lied. You know it. Everybody who has ever been active in this forum will know it if they read your lie for themselves. Much of what I predicted about Trump in 2016 came true. 

There are those of us who vote for Trump because he is the lesser of two evils and then there are those true believers who treat any criticism of Trump as personal attacks upon themselves. You are a member of the latter group. Failing to bring Hillary Clinton to justice was a huge failure on Trump's part and not even trying to bring her to justice was a broken promise.

It is wrong to post lies in this forum and you know that is exactly what you did tonight. Shame on you.

If I bash Trump 24/7, basically repeating Hillary Clinton talking points all day long in the days before the election, it helps

A. Hillary
B. I'm a dumbass or a liar or both, please stop asking me questions I can't and/or won't answer.
C. I sure wish that old thread was gone.
D. All of the above.
How many times are you going to post the same lies about me? I do not regret a single post that I made about Donald Trump. and I have made more posts against Hillary Clinton in this forum than you will manage to do in your lifetime. Donald Trump has two groups of supporters. His core supporters behave as cult members. That group's numbers are steadily shrinking. The other group of supporters simply sees him as the lesser of two evils. That group's number is growing and I consider myself a member. It is easy to see to which of those groups you belong. The childish name-calling is a dead giveaway.

Now, where is that proof of me being a Hillary supporter, Jet? That is a rhetorical question because both of us know that you were being dishonest when you posted the allegation. Now, you're just doubling-down on a lie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Old School Hound
None of Trumps numbers are shrinking. Nice try on regurgitating left-wing propaganda "cult" term. I'm sure we will hear a lot more left-wing talking points from you, just like 2016...

BTW I looked this morning and that thread's still there for all to see...
(10-13-2024, 02:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote: None of Trumps numbers are shrinking. Nice try on regurgitating left-wing propaganda "cult" term. I'm sure we will hear a lot more left-wing talking points from you, just like 2016...

There is nothing left-wing about commenting on the behavior of Trump's supporters such as yourself, who display the same character flaws as he does. I am not surprised that you are sticking by your lies and compounding them this morning.

I never said that Trump's numbers are shrinking. I said that the number of his cult following is shrinking. Most Trump supporters are not brainwashed hacks who have lost their ability to reason and engage in civil discourse. That is an encouraging sign.
(10-13-2024, 02:20 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-13-2024, 02:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote: None of Trumps numbers are shrinking. Nice try on regurgitating left-wing propaganda "cult" term. I'm sure we will hear a lot more left-wing talking points from you, just like 2016...

There is nothing left-wing about commenting on the behavior of Trump's supporters such as yourself, who display the same character flaws as he does. I am not surprised that you are sticking by your lies and compounding them this morning.

I never said that Trump's numbers are shrinking. I said that the number of his cult following is shrinking. Most Trump supporters are not brainwashed hacks who have lost their ability to reason and engage in civil discourse. That is an encouraging sign.
https://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showth...tid=200972
(10-13-2024, 02:52 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

What's up, Jet? Are you competing for a troll of the year trophy here? Yes, I am guilty of creating a thread opposing the nomination of Trump for president during the 2016 primary campaigns. I continued adding posts to that thread because of the endless personal attacks that you and other Trump cult members made against me at that time. As I said, if I were faced with the same decision again, I would do nothing differently. I despise people who cannot discuss politics without taking criticism of candidates whom they support as personal insults. That is the category in which you place yourself every time that you decide to lie about my position in 2016. You were wrong then and you are wrong now. You are a liar and not a very good one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Old School Hound
(10-13-2024, 03:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

What's up, Jet? Are you competing for a troll of the year trophy here? Yes, I am guilty of creating a thread opposing the nomination of Trump for president during the 2016 primary campaigns. I continued adding posts to that thread because of the endless personal attacks that you and other Trump cult members made against me at that time. As I said, if I were faced with the same decision again, I would do nothing differently. I despise people who cannot discuss politics without taking criticism of candidates whom they support as personal insults. That is the category in which you place yourself every time that you decide to lie about my position in 2016. You were wrong then and you are wrong now. You are a liar and not a very good one.

(10-13-2024, 03:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-13-2024, 03:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

If you are too lazy to write a response, then I am finished responding to you. You lied. You were exposed. End of story.
Hoot I'm with dougie now, you aren't worth acknowledging. I understand Trump's flaws very well. BUT IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT AT THE POINT WE CURRENTLY FIND OURSELVES. IT'S TRUMP OR HARRIS, QUIT CRYING LIKE A P**** AND GO VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE.
(10-13-2024, 03:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Hoot I'm with dougie now, you aren't worth acknowledging. I understand Trump's flaws very well. BUT IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT AT THE POINT WE CURRENTLY FIND OURSELVES. IT'S TRUMP OR HARRIS, QUIT CRYING LIKE A P**** AND GO VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE.
You have always been a troll, dougie is a latecomer to the game. You are OSH's populist counterpart. I know that you are not going to man up and apologize for your dishonest posts in this thread, but I never expected that you would. You have a quicker trigger than Trump does when people disagree with you. It is not a good trait to have.
(10-13-2024, 03:51 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-13-2024, 03:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Hoot I'm with dougie now, you aren't worth acknowledging. I understand Trump's flaws very well. BUT IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT AT THE POINT WE CURRENTLY FIND OURSELVES. IT'S TRUMP OR HARRIS, QUIT CRYING LIKE A P**** AND GO VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE.
You have always been a troll, dougie is a latecomer to the game. You are OSH's populist counterpart. I know that you are not going to man up and apologize for your dishonest posts in this thread, but I never expected that you would. You have a quicker trigger than Trump does when people disagree with you. It is not a good trait to have.

That does it, it's on like Donkey Kong

That's a lot of insults in a very short time. None are accurate though except maybe the first one hehe.

I'm not a populist, I'm not in a cult, I'm not dishonest, and I know Trump's faults. I can just see the no-brainers, like do I prefer Trump or Harris. No whining or trashing the guy I'm voting for. No what-ifs of I wish it was this guy or gal and damn those Republicans. News flash, both sides have been horrible for a long time. Quit your bitching until after the election and cast your vote that you think puts the country in better shape than the other candidate. This should be 101 but some people...oh hell never mind.
(10-13-2024, 04:14 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

That's a lot of insults in a very short time. None are accurate though except maybe the first one hehe.

I'm not a populist, I'm not in a cult, I'm not dishonest, and I know Trump's faults. I can just see the no-brainers, like do I prefer Trump or Harris. No whining or trashing the guy I'm voting for. No what-ifs of I wish it was this guy or gal and damn those Republicans. News flash, both sides have been horrible for a long time. Quit your bitching until after the election and cast your vote that you think puts the country in better shape than the other candidate. This should be 101 but some people...oh hell never mind.
I never started tossing the insults and I have not posted any lies. I posted my honest assessment of the sorry state of American politics and you chose to respond in a childish and dishonest manner. That's not my fault. It is yours. Own it.

If you disagree with any of my criticism of Donald Trump, then show some evidence that I am wrong. I know that takes some effort, but you do not appear to have anything better to do. I would have spent this time responding to your dishonest characterization of MY political positions posting negative information about Harris, but your feelings got hurt because I criticized Mr. Trump. I am a conservative. I am not a fanboy of any politician.
(10-13-2024, 04:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote: https://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showth...tid=200972
Please stop spamming, Jet. (I would say that you are better than that, but then I would be lying.)
(10-13-2024, 04:27 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-13-2024, 04:23 PM)jetpilot Wrote: https://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showth...tid=200972
Please stop spamming, Jet. (I would say that you are better than that, but then I would be lying.)

(10-13-2024, 04:18 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I never started tossing the insults and I have not posted any lies. I posted my honest assessment of the sorry state of American politics and you chose to respond in a childish and dishonest manner. That's not my fault. It is yours. Own it.

If you disagree with any of my criticism of Donald Trump, then show some evidence that I am wrong. I know that takes some effort, but you do not appear to have anything better to do. I would have spent this time responding to your dishonest characterization of MY political positions posting negative information about Harris, but your feelings got hurt because I criticized Mr. Trump. I am a conservative. I am not a fanboy of any politician.
For the love of God and in the name of all that which does not suck please cast your vote for whomever TF you want and STFU already. sheeeeeeshhhhhh I bet women love you Hoot. bahaha
(10-13-2024, 05:02 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-13-2024, 04:18 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

For the love of God and in the name of all that which does not suck please cast your vote for whomever TF you want and STFU already. sheeeeeeshhhhhh I bet women love you Hoot. bahaha
What a deep, intelligent post, Jet. Still nothing relevant to the thread topic, but at least you did not inject any more lies into the conversation. You don't need to worry about my vote. I have always voted for the most conservative candidate who has a chance of winning and will continue doing so until the day I die. Unfortunately, thanks to the Republican Party, that candidate is Trump again. If you want to vote for Trump, then good for you. I will be voting against Harris, which means I will also be voting for Trump. Same decision, just different motivation.
(10-13-2024, 01:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Good morning, Granny. That was an excellent post. It sounds like we put in similar due diligence both in deciding how to vote in 2016 and with regard to COVID vaccination. We reached similar conclusions in our respective voting decisions, but much different conclusions in our COVID vaccination decisions.

I agonized over my decision whether to vote for Donald Trump after he ran what I considered the most childish and dishonest campaign in the history of Republican primary campaigns. When I ranked the available Republican candidates, I had only two or three below Trump. (My top choice in that field was Ted Cruz.) However, I ultimately decided to vote for Trump because I could not bring myself not to vote for somebody who had a chance to defeat Hillary Clinton, a woman who I honestly believe should have been behind bars years before the 2016 campaign began.

I also supported the impeachment of Bill Clinton because our system cannot work fairly if individuals commit perjury in a civil trial with no consequences. However, I also believed that Bill Clinton was a very competent president, despite my many fundamental philosophical differences with the man. His wife Hillary has all of Bill's character flaws but possesses none of his positive traits. In my opinion, she committed multiple serious felonies that should have landed her in prison.

My main issues with Trump are the childish name-calling directed at anybody who disagrees with him, his extremely self-centered style, his obvious dishonesty (he is a clumsy liar as opposed to the polished liar, Bill Clinton), his disloyalty to those whom he hires, and the lack of loyalty that he inspires among those he personally hired. The list is much longer, but those are the high points of my issues with the man. If I added my issues with Trump to the issues that I had with Bill Clinton, the list would still not be as long as a list of my problems with Hillary Clinton. This nation dodged a bullet when Trump beat her in the 2016 election.
I agree that this election is very important. I guess one could argue that this is the most important election ever, but the 2020 election was extremely important, and the Republican and Democrat parties once again provided us with horrible alternatives. There was no good choice in 2016 or 2020, but I believe that the nation chose the lesser of two evils in 2016 and the greater of two evils in 2020. This country has never made a worse decision than the one that made Joe Biden president.

Once again, the two parties have failed miserably in providing good choices in the 2024 election. Kamala Harris is not suffering from dementia—and that is where her list of good points starts and ends. Donald Trump's list of positives is much longer, but he has obviously not learned any lessons from his previous term as president. I cringe every time I hear him call a political opponent a childish name. I cringe even more when he calls a former employee who he hired a childish name.
In a nation with a population of over 300 million people, the fact that our two major political parties cannot offer better candidates over a 12-year period than Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, and Kamala Harris would scare the living daylights out of a well-informed, well-educated populace. The fact that each of these candidates has large devoted followings with people obviously revering them as great American heroes is even more frightening to me. What have any of these people done to inspire devoted followers? I just do not get it.

Finally, one of my biggest issues with Donald Trump was his handling of the COVID pandemic. The sight of him standing on a stage supporting Dr. Anthony Fauci day after day, and the fact that he never fired or demoted the evil scientist turned my stomach. (I spend a lot of time cringing during Trump's public appearances.)

After much research, I initially decided not to receive any COVID vaccination. I subsequently contracted a severe case of COVID and spent 12 days in a hospital. After I was discharged, I knew that I would be naturally immune from COVID for six months or more, so I still refused to get a vaccination. Ultimately, the federal government gave contractors the option of being vaccinated or finding other employment. I caved and elected to get the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccination. I have not, and will not, receive any booster vaccinations. I have since had one very mild case of COVID.

One point on which we disagree is Walter Cronkite. The national news media in Cronkite's day was just as biased to the left as it is today. Cronkite, Chet Huntley, David Brinkley, and the rest of the news anchors of the 1960s were just much more polished and subtle in those days with their left-wing bias, and the distance between the political center and the right and left wings was not as great as it is today. I did not reach that realization until years later, but the news media has never been conservative in this country, in my opinion.

Does this remind you of anyone on here???  Hint: it rhymes with Wetpilot   Smile
(10-13-2024, 05:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-13-2024, 01:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Good morning, Granny. That was an excellent post. It sounds like we put in similar due diligence both in deciding how to vote in 2016 and with regard to COVID vaccination. We reached similar conclusions in our respective voting decisions, but much different conclusions in our COVID vaccination decisions.

Does this remind you of anyone on here???  Hint: it rhymes with Wetpilot   Smile
You and Hoot on the same page is freaking awesome! OSHithereitcomesagain!!!
(10-13-2024, 05:38 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Bolds childish name calling then calls a name lol!!!!
OSH ithereitcomesagain !!!!

Yes, you are in the MAGA CULT never seen anyone who speaks badly about someone if they question the Dear Leader. You would think someone was talking about your family but it's Donald Trump Lol.
(10-13-2024, 07:38 PM)Maga Nuts Wrote:

Yes, you are in the MAGA CULT never seen anyone who speaks badly about someone if they question the Dear Leader. You would think someone was talking about your family but it's Donald Trump Lol.
 Reminds me of those weird trio of girls who defended Manson when he was on trial for the T-L murders. Also, Jonestown, Branch Davidians, etc... They will defend their cult leader right up until the point they drink the cyanide-laced koolaid. Trump validates all of their long-held bigotries and they adore him for it. Validation is a helluva drug, MAGA Nuts.

You can't form a sentence without Trump in it. No complaints about your idiot "leaders". The very definition of ignorant.
(10-13-2024, 08:34 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

You can't form a sentence without Trump in it. No complaints about your idiot "leaders". The very definition of ignorant.
Wet I mean Jet you are proving my point.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next