• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pox on Both Their Houses
It is very difficult for me to believe that for the third straight election, we are faced with a choice between two of the absolute worst presidential candidates in the history of the United States. For the third straight election, I will be voting for Donald Trump as the lesser of two evils, and for the third straight election, I will hate feeling compelled to cast a vote for the despicable man.

I am angry at left-wing liberal Democrats for what they are doing to this country, but I am also very angry at the Republican party for its failure to nominate a decent presidential candidate during the past three election cycles. Republican voters are almost as poorly educated and stupid as the far-left-wing liberal voters who put a senile imbecile like Joe Biden in the White House. Which would be more dangerous, a dishonest and idiotic president like Kamala Harris, a dishonest senile old man like Biden, who was not a smart man at any point during his life, or an obnoxious, extremely self-centered man like Donald Trump? None of them have shown any reluctance to place their self-interest above the best interests of the nation that has given them everything.

The Republican Party left me a long time ago, but given the sorry state of the Democrat Party, there is no greener pasture available. If I were a young man, I would be tempted to immigrate to Poland.

What about everybody else? Will you be able to proudly cast your vote for president in November, or you will be voting against a candidate and for the lesser of two evils?
1. Who would you have Republicans nominate? Don't say DeSantis, he clearly wasn't ready. He will be in 2028.
2. What is despicable about Trump. Lawfare is for fools, never really proved he broke any laws. Establishment politicians on both sides hating him tells me we need him.
3. I remember when you were supporting Hillary so that's tough to come back from.
4. Trump is for everything Dems are against and against everything they are for, which makes him my best friend.
5. EXCEPT SPENDING, which sadly no one can get elected advocating cutting spending. Trump is talking about making Elon his government fraud and waste guy, which is a good start.

Bashing Trump does no good, in fact praising Kamala is about the same thing.
Hold your nose if you have to, keep a stiff upper lip, and vote these evil turds out of office.
(10-12-2024, 05:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote: 1. Who would you have Republicans nominate? Don't say DeSantis, he clearly wasn't ready. He will be in 2028.
2. What is despicable about Trump. Lawfare is for fools, never really proved he broke any laws. Establishment politicians on both sides hating him tells me we need him.
3. I remember when you were supporting Hillary so that's tough to come back from.
4. Trump is for everything Dems are against and against everything they are for, which makes him my best friend.
5. EXCEPT SPENDING, which sadly no one can get elected advocating cutting spending. Trump is talking about making Elon his government fraud and waste guy, which is a good start.

Hold your nose if you have to, keep a stiff upper lip, and vote these evil turds out of office.
1. Donald Trump is the last Republican candidate I would have nominated. He was about the 10th of 12 candidates I would have nominated in 2016. He was unqualified in 2016 and he did a poor job in his four years as president. Trump is a poor judge of character and has proven that he has a difficult time working with people whom he hires himself.
2. Nonsense. Is the fact that a candidate for president cannot work with members of his party a reason to nominate him? That is the same silly talk that I heard in 2016.
3. Liar. I never supported Hillary. I considered casting a protest vote from a third-party candidate. I ended up voting for the lesser of two evils, only to avoid helping Hillary get elected.
4. I don't judge friends based solely on what they are against. Trump's sole major accomplishment was nominating Supreme Court justices who appeared to be solid conservatives. He failed to get any meaningful legislation passed, despite the fact that Republicans controlled both houses of Congress for his first two years in office. He squandered the political capital that he had when he was sworn into office. Despite criticizing Obama's use of executive orders, Trump resorted to signing executive orders because he could not work with members of his own party to get bills passed into law.
5. Trump makes great promises. He is terrible at keeping them. Musk would be a fool to accept a job in Trump's administration. I like and respect Musk and I believe that he is smart enough to know how disloyal and thin-skinned Trump is. Musk would be lucky to last a week in a Trump administration.

I am not bashing Trump. I am just reviewing his record for you. As I said, I will vote for Trump for the third time but damn the Republican Party and its members for nominating him again. Nobody should be forced to choose between two candidates so poorly suited for the presidency.

Based on your response, you seem to be among the more enthusiastic Trump supporters, and that is unfortunate, IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Van Hagar
(10-12-2024, 03:22 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: It is very difficult for me to believe that for the third straight election, we are faced with a choice between two of the absolute worst presidential candidates in the history of the United States. For the third straight election, I will be voting for Donald Trump as the lesser of two evils, and for the third straight election, I will hate feeling compelled to cast a vote for the despicable man.

I am angry at left-wing liberal Democrats for what they are doing to this country, but I am also very angry at the Republican party for its failure to nominate a decent presidential candidate during the past three election cycles. Republican voters are almost as poorly educated and stupid as the far-left-wing liberal voters who put a senile imbecile like Joe Biden in the White House. Which would be more dangerous, a dishonest and idiotic president like Kamala Harris, a dishonest senile old man like Biden, who was not a smart man at any point during his life, or an obnoxious, extremely self-centered man like Donald Trump? None of them have shown any reluctance to place their self-interest above the best interests of the nation that has given them everything.

The Republican Party left me a long time ago, but given the sorry state of the Democrat Party, there is no greener pasture available. If I were a young man, I would be tempted to immigrate to Poland.

What about everybody else? Will you be able to proudly cast your vote for president in November, or you will be voting against a candidate and for the lesser of two evils?

I agree with you 1000%. Like you,  I voted for the lesser of two evils and I will do the same this election. Neither party is for the citizens of the United States. Both parties are in it for the power and control of everything.  
My daughter turned 18 this year. She was complaining last weekend that Trump and Harris are her choices for her first opportunity to vote for president. She doesn't want to vote for either one of them. She is seriously considering of casting a write in vote. This is a sad time in the United States everybody sees it but politicians and the media.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
I’m not a Trump fan I almost feel like he’s only a Republican now because for whatever reason he seen an easier path to the White House, he was absolutely a Democrat for many years until he ran for president….i will vote for Trump though just as I’ve done for the past 2 elections, if your a Christian and planning on voting for any democrat you need read your bible or seek some guidance because the Democratic Party has become the party of the absolute immoral….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(10-12-2024, 06:54 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’m not a Trump fan I almost feel like he’s only a Republican now because for whatever reason he seen an easier path to the White House, he was absolutely a Democrat for many years until he ran for president….i will vote for Trump though just as I’ve done for the past 2 elections, if your a Christian and planning on voting for any democrat you need read your bible or seek some guidance because the Democratic Party has become the party of the absolute immoral….
I strongly agree. I believe that Democrats have run the most evil, incompetent candidates in the history of this nation during each of the last three presidential campaigns. I regret that Republicans have failed once again to nominate a better candidate than Trump, but I still plan to vote for him for the third time. Republicans have missed three golden opportunities to put a true conservative, patriotic, America-first president into the White House. 

If this country does not begin electing more honest, competent people to public office, the sharp decline in our nation will only accelerate.
(10-12-2024, 06:21 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 03:22 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: It is very difficult for me to believe that for the third straight election, we are faced with a choice between two of the absolute worst presidential candidates in the history of the United States. For the third straight election, I will be voting for Donald Trump as the lesser of two evils, and for the third straight election, I will hate feeling compelled to cast a vote for the despicable man.

I agree with you 1000%. Like you,  I voted for the lesser of two evils and I will do the same this election. Neither party is for the citizens of the United States. Both parties are in it for the power and control of everything.  
My daughter turned 18 this year. She was complaining last weekend that Trump and Harris are her choices for her first opportunity to vote for president. She doesn't want to vote for either one of them. She is seriously considering of casting a write in vote. This is a sad time in the United States everybody sees it but politicians and the media.
Congratulations on your parenting skills, your daughter sounds very well-informed compared to the average American voter. 

While I do plan to vote for the lesser of two evils again, I could not in good conscience try to convince anybody else to vote for Trump over a third-party candidate. Accepting the lesser of two evils should be a personal decision based on one's principles, and nobody should try shaming anybody into settling for a bad candidate over voting for a candidate who shares their values.
(10-12-2024, 05:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 05:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote: 1. Who would you have Republicans nominate? Don't say DeSantis, he clearly wasn't ready. He will be in 2028.

1. Donald Trump is the last Republican candidate I would have nominated. He was about the 10th of 12 candidates I would have nominated in 2016. He was unqualified in 2016 and he did a poor job in his four years as president. Trump is a poor judge of character and has proven that he has a difficult time working with people whom he hires himself.
2. Nonsense. Is the fact that a candidate for president cannot work with members of his party a reason to nominate him? That is the same silly talk that I heard in 2016.
3. Liar. I never supported Hillary. I considered casting a protest vote from a third-party candidate. I ended up voting for the lesser of two evils, only to avoid helping Hillary get elected.
4. I don't judge friends based solely on what they are against. Trump's sole major accomplishment was nominating Supreme Court justices who appeared to be solid conservatives. He failed to get any meaningful legislation passed, despite the fact that Republicans controlled both houses of Congress for his first two years in office. He squandered the political capital that he had when he was sworn into office. Despite criticizing Obama's use of executive orders, Trump resorted to signing executive orders because he could not work with members of his own party to get bills passed into law.
5. Trump makes great promises. He is terrible at keeping them. Musk would be a fool to accept a job in Trump's administration. I like and respect Musk and I believe that he is smart enough to know how disloyal and thin-skinned Trump is. Musk would be lucky to last a week in a Trump administration.

I am not bashing Trump. I am just reviewing his record for you. As I said, I will vote for Trump for the third time but damn the Republican Party and its members for nominating him again. Nobody should be forced to choose between two candidates so poorly suited for the presidency.

Based on your response, you seem to be among the more enthusiastic Trump supporters, and that is unfortunate, IMO.
I'll find the damn posts.
Everything I've seen on this thread is by default a win for Harris.
(10-12-2024, 07:42 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Liar. You won't find any posts where I say anything remotely supporting Hillary Clinton for president and you know it. What you will find is plenty of dishonest posts where you and TRT claimed that anybody who didn't support Trump was a Hillary supporter.
(10-12-2024, 07:44 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Everything I've seen on this thread is by default a win for Harris.
What I see are three posters saying they will be voting for Trump, by because we do not share your enthusiasm, we must be Kamala supporters. That is a pretty warped reading on your part.
(10-12-2024, 07:53 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Liar. You won't find any posts where I say anything remotely supporting Hillary Clinton for president and you know it. What you will find is plenty of dishonest posts where you and TRT claimed that anybody who didn't support Trump was a Hillary supporter.
Hoot, you acted like an idiot in 2016 and you are worse now. Here's some light reading to refresh your memory and there are many many more of these and worse for anyone who has the stomach. Trashing Trump with the country on the line makes you 10x dumber than OSH and Maga Nuts. You've called me a liar twice now and I've called you an idiot twice. I'm here all month.

https://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showth...pid1962269
(10-12-2024, 07:55 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 07:44 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Everything I've seen on this thread is by default a win for Harris.
What I see are three posters saying they will be voting for Trump, by because we do not share your enthusiasm, we must be Kamala supporters. That is a pretty warped reading on your part.

I see 3 people trashing Trump. That's a win for Harris. Find me Democrats who are trashing Harris but are going to vote for her anyway. 99% of Dems are smarter than you, that's why they win despite having no record of ever having improved anything.
(10-12-2024, 08:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 07:55 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I see 3 people trashing Trump. That's a win for Harris. Find me Democrats who are trashing Harris but are going to vote for her anyway. 99% of Dems are smarter than you, that's why they win despite having no record of ever having improved anything.

And I'm enthusiastic AF to vote for Trump to get this God-forsaken regime out of here, as are all smart people.
(10-12-2024, 07:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 07:53 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Hoot, you acted like an idiot in 2016 and you are worse now. Here's some light reading to refresh your memory and there are many many more of these and worse for anyone who has the stomach. Trashing Trump with the country on the line makes you 10x dumber than OSH and Maga Nuts. You've called me a liar twice now and I've called you an idiot twice. I'm here all month.

https://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showth...pid1962269
I never said that I was not strongly opposed to Trump in 2016. I knew that Trump was a poorly qualified candidate and would not be an effective president and I was proven right. Because most of the good things that Trump did as president were done through executive actions, Biden wiped out most of his achievements with a pen and his own executive orders. An effective president makes lasting changes, not changes that evaporate as soon as he leaves office.

Here's the deal - I will stop calling you a liar when you stop lying. I have never supported Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, or any other Clinton family member. You know that to be a fact and yet you accused me of being a Hillary supporter anyway. I think that I characterized your actions accurately and succinctly.

If telling the truth about Trump is "trashing" him, then whose fault is that? If you want to contribute to Trump's campaign or knock on doors for him, then that is your right. I believe that voting for the man is as far as I am willing to go. I am certainly not going to support him by smearing people with lies and I am not going to be bullied into not criticizing Trump by the likes of you.

Please don't let your advanced age stop you. It's never too late to immigrate to Poland. Please move to Warsaw. None of us will think any less of you for becoming a Polish citizen.
(10-12-2024, 08:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Please don't let your advanced age stop you. It's never too late to immigrate to Poland. Please move to Warsaw. None of us will think any less of you for becoming a Polish citizen.
Mastering new languages is a young man's game. I have a friend whose wife is from Poland. It sounds a lot like the country in which I grew up. You would not feel welcome in Poland.
Post all of the links you want to my 2016 posts about Trump, JP. As you may remember, most of them were posted during the primaries when you and TRT decided to harass me for not supporting Trump in the primaries. You talk about OSH being predictable, you are far more predictable. You are thin-skinned and cannot tolerate others disagreeing with you. I knew when I started this thread that you would become unhinged, just as you did in 2016 with your personal attacks on me. I was right about Trump, and I was right about how you would respond to this thread. That's fine with me. I have a pretty thick skin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Old School Hound
I think we can all agree that we rarely get the best of the best as far as our party's Presidential nominees are concerned. I have to give it to Hoot for at least telling it like it is as far as Trump is concerned. Jet is not about to do that in regards to Trump. Donald Trump is about as far from a conservative stalwart as I am. In fact, I am more conservative than Donald Trump. Nothing about him resembles the values of Ronald Reagan conservatives. You can't find anyone more right-wing than Liz and Dick, and they can't bring themselves to vote for Trump. But Jet will do it gladly. I can respect principled conservatives. Donald Trump is most certainly not principled ANYTHING. At least Hoot will admit that he's holding his nose as he casts his vote. Sad that my buddy Jet won't at least go as far as admit that Trump was an awful president and is an awful candidate this time.

(10-12-2024, 08:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Post all of the links you want to my 2016 posts about Trump, JP. As you may remember, most of them were posted during the primaries when you and TRT decided to harass me for not supporting Trump in the primaries. You talk about OSH being predictable, you are far more predictable. You are thin-skinned and cannot tolerate others disagreeing with you. I knew when I started this thread that you would become unhinged, just as you did in 2016 with your personal attacks on me. I was right about Trump, and I was right about how you would respond to this thread. That's fine with me. I have a pretty thick skin.

I don't say it often but Hoot is pretty damn spot on with this post. It feels like Hoot is being far more intellectually honest than Jet. Or maybe it's just that Jet is so deeply into the Trump cult that he can't see the forest for the trees.  And, yes, Hoot is right about Trump.
Not going through this idiocy in the days we have left. CNN and MSNBC were getting talking points from Hoot in 2016...

https://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showth...tid=200972
(10-12-2024, 08:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I think we can all agree that we rarely get the best of the best as far as our party's Presidential nominees are concerned. I have to give it to Hoot for at least telling it like it is as far as Trump is concerned. Jet is not about to do that in regards to Trump. Donald Trump is about as far from a conservative stalwart as I am. In fact, I am more conservative than Donald Trump. Nothing about him resembles the values of Ronald Reagan conservatives. You can't find anyone more right-wing than Liz and Dick, and they can't bring themselves to vote for Trump. But Jet will do it gladly. I can respect principled conservatives.  Donald Trump is most certainly not principled ANYTHING. At least Hoot will admit that he's holding his nose as he casts his vote. Sad that my buddy Jet won't at least go as far as admit that Trump was an awful president and is an awful candidate this time.
Yes, you and JP are like peas in a pod. He will never admit that Trump was a flawed president and an even worse candidate for 2024, and you will never admit that Biden and Harris may be the two worst Democrat candidates in American history. You are wrong about Liz and Dick Cheney. They are neo-cons, but no true conservative would ever support a radical left-wing numb-brained candidate like Kamala Harris. Harris was born with one great superpower, which I believe Willie Brown depleted years ago.
(10-12-2024, 08:20 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Mastering new languages is a young man's game. I have a friend whose wife is from Poland. It sounds a lot like the country in which I grew up. You would not feel welcome in Poland.

I was just having fun with you.  I would love to visit Poland.
(10-12-2024, 08:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I think we can all agree that we rarely get the best of the best as far as our party's Presidential nominees are concerned. I have to give it to Hoot for at least telling it like it is as far as Trump is concerned. Jet is not about to do that in regards to Trump. Donald Trump is about as far from a conservative stalwart as I am. In fact, I am more conservative than Donald Trump. Nothing about him resembles the values of Ronald Reagan conservatives. You can't find anyone more right-wing than Liz and Dick, and they can't bring themselves to vote for Trump. But Jet will do it gladly. I can respect principled conservatives.  Donald Trump is most certainly not principled ANYTHING. At least Hoot will admit that he's holding his nose as he casts his vote. Sad that my buddy Jet won't at least go as far as admit that Trump was an awful president and is an awful candidate this time.

(10-12-2024, 08:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Post all of the links you want to my 2016 posts about Trump, JP. As you may remember, most of them were posted during the primaries when you and TRT decided to harass me for not supporting Trump in the primaries. You talk about OSH being predictable, you are far more predictable. You are thin-skinned and cannot tolerate others disagreeing with you. I knew when I started this thread that you would become unhinged, just as you did in 2016 with your personal attacks on me. I was right about Trump, and I was right about how you would respond to this thread. That's fine with me. I have a pretty thick skin.

I don't say it often but Hoot is pretty damn spot on with this post. It feels like Hoot is being far more intellectually honest than Jet. Or maybe it's just that Jet is so deeply into the Trump cult that he can't see the forest for the trees.  And, yes, Hoot is right about Trump.

OSH and Hoot agreeing is gold. OSH can't help it he is brainwashed but Hoot got this way of his own free will. lol
(10-12-2024, 08:44 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 08:20 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I was just having fun with you.  I would love to visit Poland.
My friend and his wife visit Poland every couple of years. He contracted COVID in the early days of the pandemic while in Poland. Ironically, some eastern European countries such as Poland and the Czech Republic have become the most conservative and economically free countries in Europe.
(10-12-2024, 08:44 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Yes, you and JP are like peas in a pod. He will never admit that Trump was a flawed president and an even worse candidate for 2024, and you will never admit that Biden and Harris may be the two worst Democrat candidates in American history. You are wrong about Liz and Dick Cheney. They are neo-cons, but no true conservative would ever support a radical left-wing numb-brained candidate like Kamala Harris. Harris was born with one great superpower, which I believe Willie Brown depleted years ago.
I'm not a huge fan of Kamala , to say the least.  Biden was not my pick, either. Like I say, both parties are alike in that they rarely nominate the best of candidates. Just once I'd like to hear Jetpilot say what you did , and that is that Trump is a horrible candidate for president.  I think I'd have to wait a lifetime, and still would never hear him say it.
(10-12-2024, 08:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

OSH and Hoot agreeing is gold. OSH can't help it he is brainwashed but Hoot got this way of his own free will. lol
I am also right about Kamala Harris and I was right about Joe Biden. Saying that all of the presidential candidates in 2016, 2020, and 2024 general elections were/are flawed would be an epic understatement.
  • 1(current)
  • Next