Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New music thread come on in OSH and VH
Wait until the end ^^^ all time fave
(09-24-2024, 02:00 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

God, I love "Gimme Me Some Water."  Fun song.  The Money Man was a really good dude, too. I got to see him here in Corbin a few years before he died.

Jet, here's another Eddie song I liked. A bit of a deep cut but a nice one.  Hope you like, my friend. See if this don't take you back to a simpler time about 40 years ago and makes you dream of being on an island sanctuary somewhere having fun with some native cuties.

Gotta give some love to another great one we lost a few years back. Man, what a voice!!! And he entertained us for over 70 years--- Anthony Dominick Benedetto.

Oh, and that Elton guy isn't half bad, either. lol

They had the #1 song in the country on the day I was born("Sherry"). Here's my favorite Old School FV&TFS songs.

Some '70's Valli and the Four Seasons. This was a great lineup. All these guys could REALLY sing.

Three Dogs make for a helluva night, man. And quite an old fashioned love song.

Good memories:

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-26-2024, 07:13 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

LOVE that song!!!! I still play it all the time, along with this one:

AND this one :

This is a rare, beautiful long version , not heard on radio.  Listen to this version, Jet. I think you will love it. So soothing. I just love Marty Balin

• jetpilot
^^^So awesome

(10-13-2024, 05:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

^^^ It's weird, I still love singing that song to myself. I know I'm nuts. lol   I actually sound a lot like Waylon when singing those lyrics. Good memories. Back when I still listened to country music...

Another favorite from that same era:

• jetpilot
^^^Great one

Party song lol:

@dxfoolrf227
3 years ago
If you were not around in the 80's you have no idea how big this song was.

56 replies
(10-13-2024, 06:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Great one

Party song lol:

@dxfoolrf227
3 years ago
If you were not around in the 80's you have no idea how big this song was.

56 replies

My favorite John Anderson song. Another good party song.

^^OMG forgot about that. Actually an all-time classic. Takes me back and teams me up.
Since we are off on a country path, here's one of my all-time favorite female country singers. God, I love this woman!!!! And what a country singer!  Jet, she  has always reminded me of a country Stevie Nicks. Do you hear it?

Fave. Don't know why she is hanging with those guys lol. Actually love Jackson Browne and Clarence too...

Beer near me, beer near....

More Paulette. Did I say how much I love this woman?  All she would have had to do is ask. I would have married her. LOL

^^^That's freaking awesome. Elkhorn City's own below:

(10-13-2024, 06:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^That's freaking awesome. Elkhorn City's own below:

LOVE Patty!  I miss really good country music.

• jetpilot
Another fair to middlin' singer from eastern Kentucky:

REAL country music. REAL talent.

• jetpilot
Before I leave country behind, I gotta give some love to a Tennessee Volunteer.

Peter Beckett, Ron Moss, & the boys  ...

See if this doesn't immediately transport you back to the 1980's.   Alan Frew still sounds amazing today, maybe even better than he was back then.

A rare clip of the Great Glen Campbell doing S&T's "Smoke From a Distant Fire." This was on the Tonight Show, which was being guest hosted by Campbell's good friend, Roy Clark. Jet, was there ever another performer with more individual talents in one body than what Glen Campbell possessed? My goodness, gracious!!! One of the best studio musicians of all time, member of the Wrecking Crew, had his own TV variety show, could sing pop, country, bluegrass, had personality and charisma galore, and one of the very best guitar players the world has ever known. AND he had great hair and could really rock a leisure suit.