•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
15th Region Transfers
I’ll check back on how that works out for all parties involved.
(07-03-2024, 10:43 PM)Belichick Wrote: I’ll check back on how that works out for all parties involved.

Same here. I really like those guys but high maintenance and I have doubts they will ever be satisfied. I wish they would have picked a school and committed to making the program better. I hope I'm wrong but Shelby Valley won't be the last stop...
I haven’t seen any announcements on D&D about Keathley. Wondering if he’s already transferred or is it just rumors. I had heard he was down to Huntington Prep or Shelby Valley. Any Pburg people know if he’s officially transferred or not.
(07-08-2024, 09:20 PM)LCDAWGS1 Wrote: I haven’t seen any announcements on D&D about Keathley. Wondering if he’s already transferred or is it just rumors. I had heard he was down to Huntington Prep or Shelby Valley. Any Pburg people know if he’s officially transferred or not.

I hope he goes to WV. Tired of these traveling road shows. Huge disservice to the kid. When this happens it's always crazy parents. Wherever he goes it won't last through no fault of his own. Very sad.
(07-08-2024, 09:20 PM)LCDAWGS1 Wrote: I haven’t seen any announcements on D&D about Keathley. Wondering if he’s already transferred or is it just rumors. I had heard he was down to Huntington Prep or Shelby Valley. Any Pburg people know if he’s officially transferred or not.
I’ll be surprised if he’s not at Valley. Only reason he don’t go is because daddy is salivating at him taking 99% of the shots at Pburg this year. Pburg has 1 returning player that played significant minutes (not counting Keathley) so he would have the opportunity to do whatever he wants (like he didn’t last year anyways).
[-] The following 2 users Like BCF4L's post:
  • Blacksmith, LCDAWGS1
Watched a few of the kid’s games last year. Excellent player who doesn’t seem to mind sharing the ball. I’m sure he’d prefer to play on a winning team than to shoot every shot. Couldn’t blame him for transferring. PBurg ain’t where it’s at.
In my opinion, the dad wants him to be a "scholarship" player at Hunnington Prep. What Keathley's game is missing is exactly what Taylor will provide. If Keathley goes to Valley, they will be a top 3 contender.
(07-09-2024, 02:16 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote: In my opinion, the dad wants him to be a "scholarship" player at Hunnington Prep. What Keathley's game is missing is exactly what Taylor will provide. If Keathley goes to Valley, they will be a top 3 contender.
I agree. Best thing the kid could do to continue to develop his game is to transfer. Prestonsburg isnt it. Taylor knows what it takes to get where Keathley wants to be. 

Valley will definitely be in it in the real way with Keathley.
Wesley Christian parent told me Mason Hall has a really good 15th Region player coming to Wesley Christian, anyone have a name?
Why didn't the parent just tell you the name, or what did they say when you asked them?

Once Mason gets going there, he will be getting the players Oak Hill and Huntington Prep get, so I can't imagine a lot of 15th Region players having an opportunity for that squad.
Jaxon Estridge stint at Martin County only lasted a summer. Per D&D, a family issue presented itself and he is now enrolled at Belfry.
(07-29-2024, 02:50 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote: Jaxon Estridge stint at Martin County only lasted a summer. Per D&D, a family issue presented itself and he is now enrolled at Belfry.
Kid played decent down at Louisville but Darryl wasn’t satisfied at Martin county. Thought he was better than what he was. Maybe it was a family issue but I believe it was the point of him not starting. Guess starting means more than winning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GeorgeLopez1234's post:
  • Card2000
We picked up a couple pieces, keep writing us off and see what happens, we are two of the best in the 58th District. Mike will have the Bobcats where they need to be. I like the move for Estridge, he played some this Summer with us, just from what I watched, there is no way he should be coming off the bench for any local teams, don’t know what Martin County was thinking but we’d love to have him. I wish the kid the best with his family situation, hope everything works out for him. Betsy Layne is Back, get ready fans.
(07-29-2024, 09:38 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: We picked up a couple pieces, keep writing us off and see what happens, we are two of the best in the 58th District. Mike will have the Bobcats where they need to be. I like the move for Estridge, he played some this Summer with us, just from what I watched, there is no way he should be coming off the bench for any local teams, don’t know what Martin County was thinking but we’d love to have him. I wish the kid the best with his family situation, hope everything works out for him. Betsy Layne is Back, get ready fans.

A few questions for you if you'd care to answer them. 

1. Who are the pieces Betsy Layne picked up? Actual names would be nice. 

2. Did Betsy Layne lose anyone? 

3. Did you ever find out who that 15th Region player was that will be playing at Wesley Christian?
Still not heard on Wesley player for sure but someone said the guard at Pike Central., on ours was told a player that grew up in Floyd County and won a County Championship a couple years ago, I don’t want to put it out there but I’ve had a Coach and three Floyd Central parents tell me it’s true.. I’d rather the kid get to say it on his terms, don’t want to make him mad and run him off before he gets here
I appreciate the response. Mason got a late start at Wesley this year, so I could possibly see that happening, but once he really gets going there, he will be getting the best of the best.

Having said that, I'd wait until school starts to see who is actually where, which I know nowadays you can probably transfer during the school and play for two teams in one season, but too much speculation at this point, to be honest with you.

Any chance Brayden Hall or Collins is planning on being at Betsy Layne, or has that ship sailed?
Was told today a couple big pieces could be made elsewhere but I’ll believe it when I see it, I did her Masons boy will be at Betsy Layne, Collins ship has sailed. Do you think the Slone boy leaving Pike Central and Belfry adding Estridge changes who wins that District? Don’t know if it’s true but one of our players said Estridge told them he’s not sure he’s playing this year because of personal matters but I don’t know the kid but doesn’t seem like he would quit, anyone heard that. Also if he add Hall and that other kid, what’s you opinion at where we stand in District & Region? Does the Keathey kid stay at Prestonsburg? Lot of questions to be answered
Seen where Brody Little is going to Belfry, I have not seen that kid play much and not as familiar with his game. For you guys that know him, is he a difference maker, will he make Belfry a contender?
Brody will help Belfry. Don’t think that makes them a contender. Him and Estridge definitely makes them better but they had a decent gap to make up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LCDAWGS1's post:
  • Belichick
Belfry will be improved with the additions of Estridge and Little. Both are good players. My question is still where the rebounding will come from. If some of the football kids come back, it would help. They have Hagy who is a good athlete and will grab some boards. They are also going to have to figure out if they wanna play 4 guards which would make them very small ( Jude, Little, Rash, Estridge) and who gets to shoot because there are several families there who will want their kid to score and if they don’t play all 4 together, who sits. Some maybe more worried about points and scholarships than wins. Will they play together or do egos get in the way? There will be D&D articles and stat lines every day and some commentators who question the coach’s decisions live on broadcasts. New Coach has a tough job on his hands especially with bigger expectations now. I don’t think they are contenders yet but will be much much better especially if it all gels.
Ii don’t know Little and Rash as well as the Estridge kid, he played some this Summer with our boys and they all seemed to really like playing with him, couldn’t imagine him being fit, I like them guys at D&D the Keathley guy is out there sometimes but good guy. I’ve heard the Rash guys Dad likes his son to score but all I know on him the Little kid I’m not familiar with. How much did he play at Pikeville last year? How good is the Jude kid heard of him but not watched him much.and the other kid D&D posted that transferred is he a varsity player? I’d say it will depend if they have a strong Coach they’ll be ok, but I do worry about rebounding as well, does Belfy have any big guys?
(07-29-2024, 09:38 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: We picked up a couple pieces, keep writing us off and see what happens, we are two of the best in the 58th District. Mike will have the Bobcats where they need to be. I like the move for Estridge, he played some this Summer with us, just from what I watched, there is no way he should be coming off the bench for any local teams, don’t know what Martin County was thinking but we’d love to have him. I wish the kid the best with his family situation, hope everything works out for him. Betsy Layne is Back, get ready fans.
After watching Martin County this summer, you thought he should have started there?
I dint watch them mutch I think I seen them twice, I seen them play somebody at Lawrence County, then someone at Hazard I think. From what I seen he wax two or three on that roster now that big kid wasn’t there when I watched but I seen him when he played with us and last year here in Floyd County, I would of started him for his defense alone but now if he was demanding touches or something then I don’t know, I don’t think you I’d take ball out of Watts hands if that was an issue, Watts looked really good from what I seen. I hope our Bobcats do but I think Martin County can win the 15th Region they was best team I watched this summer
Anyone know anything about the boy Shelby Valley picked up?
(07-30-2024, 01:13 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Was told today a couple big pieces could be made elsewhere but I’ll believe it when I see it, I did her Masons boy will be at Betsy Layne, Collins ship has sailed. Do you think the Slone boy leaving Pike Central and Belfry adding Estridge changes who wins that District?  Don’t know if it’s true but one of our players said Estridge told them he’s not sure he’s playing this year because of personal matters but I don’t know the kid but doesn’t seem like he would quit, anyone heard that. Also if he add Hall and that other kid, what’s you opinion at where we stand in District & Region?  Does the Keathey kid stay at Prestonsburg? Lot of questions to be answered

If Brayden stays at Betsy Layne, that's huge for them. I know he played for Floyd Central this summer, another reason why I never put much stock in "summer ball" because you just never know who is actually going to be there when school starts. I think Keathley's Dad has his son made out to be more than what he is. I think the same thing happened with his daughter. Great 15th Region player and kid, but couldn't get off the bench at Presbyterian or Morehead State. I think if he was really that high level a player, Mason would have gotten him to transfer to Wesley Christian. I'm going to wait until school starts before I get too excited about the season just because nobody knows who is going where until then it seems. 

However, did you hear a name and former school as to the guy Shelby Valley picked up?
(08-01-2024, 09:10 PM)P. Fanning Wrote:
(07-30-2024, 01:13 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Was told today a couple big pieces could be made elsewhere but I’ll believe it when I see it, I did her Masons boy will be at Betsy Layne, Collins ship has sailed. Do you think the Slone boy leaving Pike Central and Belfry adding Estridge changes who wins that District?  Don’t know if it’s true but one of our players said Estridge told them he’s not sure he’s playing this year because of personal matters but I don’t know the kid but doesn’t seem like he would quit, anyone heard that. Also if he add Hall and that other kid, what’s you opinion at where we stand in District & Region?  Does the Keathey kid stay at Prestonsburg? Lot of questions to be answered

If Brayden stays at Betsy Layne, that's huge for them. I know he played for Floyd Central this summer, another reason why I never put much stock in "summer ball" because you just never know who is actually going to be there when school starts. I think Keathley's Dad has his son made out to be more than what he is. I think the same thing happened with his daughter. Great 15th Region player and kid, but couldn't get off the bench at Presbyterian or Morehead State. I think if he was really that high level a player, Mason would have gotten him to transfer to Wesley Christian. I'm going to wait until school starts before I get too excited about the season just because nobody knows who is going where until then it seems. 

However, did you hear a name and former school as to the guy Shelby Valley picked up?
8th grader from Pikeville, a Gillispie kid. Add a freshman who averaged 1.3 ppg in 13 games who transferred to Belfry and Pikeville has had 2 kids transfer out. Best of luck to them.
Betsy Lane added Floyd Central Big Ethan Lance per D&D Facebook.
FC had at least one Freshman go elsewhere, a good athlete too.. Shame but he did what was best for him, I wish him luck
The Lance kid will really help us I think, we needed him, I think FC lot the Burgett kid to Pikeville also
[-] The following 1 user Likes FloydCountySuperstar's post:
  • Blacksmith
Jake Slone transfers from Pike Central to Wesley Christian. Unsure what team he will be playing for at Wesley. I know they have the national team that plays the Oak Hills/Wesley Christian type of schools, and they also have a regional team that plays Christian schools across the state.
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next