[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-19-2024, 09:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(06-19-2024, 08:09 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Boyle County

Paducah Tilghman

Corbin-Franklin County  Smile

What's the gap in TDs this year?  

I think the line opened at 5(TDs) last season.   Smile

Well, Corbin hired 2 new defensive coordinators, or should I say promoted within 2 assistants based on what I was told. When I watch about half the season and get a good read on what Corbin is actually going to run offensively and defensively then I'll be able to put the needle on the record. OSH, no one is touching Boyle in 4A. Paducah Tilghman is the 2cd best team on paper. But paper aint worth a dime this day in time. Corbin and Franklin can sneak right in there and ole JC if the stars line up just right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert

Paducah Tilghman

The Gap starts at 10 Touchdowns this season.  Smile
(06-19-2024, 09:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Paducah Tilghman

The Gap starts at 10 Touchdowns this season.  Smile

OH MY!!!! The Hounds have some work to do, then. Smile 

Better get out the checkbook, Mr Short.
Still can’t sleep on CovCath either. They’re always tough regardless of what they lose. A few calls or moves across the big creek and they can stockpile enough talent to give Boyle all they want if not more.

PT has Carter and many more talented players but can they all put it together? We will see.

Corbin and Johnson Central are wild cards. On a given year they can be as good as anyone at this level. We will see how good Salmons is, how he plays the kids, what kids move in, the style he plays, etc. I don’t expect Corbin to be close to last year but will always be solid.

Johnson Central has traditionally been really good but whether fair or not, they have dropped off a bit since Coach Matney’s tragic passing. I wish them the absolute best but it’s so hard to replace someone who did as well as Coach Matney.

Franklin County is always good but it just depends on what rolls through the halls of FCHS. You can’t say they’ve underachieved because Boyle and Corbin have had the top spots on lock the past few years with unprecedented talent. In a regular year, Franklin County could be a contender. Just not sure they’re going to get the opportunity to break through. This year 2-6 is much closer than it has been whereas it’s been 3-6 in recent years.

I forsee 5 in a row for Justin and don’t think it’ll be that close in all honesty. In 2022, I think Boyle wins 6 or 7 out of 10 vs Corbin. In 2023, I think Corbin would’ve won 6 or 7 out of 10 vs Boyle. Where the games are played matter and you have to deal with how that shakes out. Boyle won both when it mattered so that’s ball. This year I still see Boyle on a different level regardless of what field the game is played against anyone in 4A.
I think Boyle wins 7-8/10 in previous years. Why? Justin makes in game adjustments/changes. He owns Tommy, Wayne and Dudley. Combined are 0 fer. The guy plays football in his sleep against those 3 turds. Plays his players both ways and does whatever it takes to win those games. Also he had superior athleticism. Minus the twins. Switch leadership in 2023 he wins at Corbin. He would have played the twins both ways in the playoffs.

Boyle

PT

Johnson Central
Franklin
Corbin
(06-19-2024, 11:40 PM)HighViz Wrote: I think Boyle wins 7-8/10 in previous years Why?  Justin makes in game adjustments/changes.  He owns Tommy, Wayne and Dudley.  Combined are 0 fer.    The guy plays football in his sleep against those 3 turds. Plays his players both ways and does  whatever it takes to win those games.  Also he had superior athleticism.  Minus the twins.  Switch leadership in 2023 he wins at Corbin.  He would have played the twins both ways in the playoffs.

Boyle

PT

Johnson Central
Franklin
Corbin

LMFAO .    Big Grin
People are really sleeping on Tillman This year I think tillman will be the team to watch

(06-20-2024, 01:25 AM)Wildcat09 Wrote: People are really sleeping on Tillman This year I think tillman will be the team to watch
They may be boyles only competition in 4A
Paducah Tilghman got 2 more D1 transfers in one has committed to Vanderbilt. PT will give Boyle all they want especially if Boyle don't find a QB.
Boyle has 2 QB's that most any other team would love to have. They also have the best QB coach in the state. This is only wishful thinking on the teams they are playing to think they can't find a QB. They also have the top group of receivers in the state to throw to.
It all starts up front. Boyle don’t beat teams by throwing the football. They beat you up front by running the football and dominating the LOS. Then. They toss a quick screen to Q, Mauri, or Gio. Lights out. Quick plays by quick players and the ball in space.

Athleticism, PT does have the closest roster to Boyle. But they aren’t disciplined and don’t block/tackle like the Rebels.

Corbin last year had the athleticism and the discipline. But, didn’t have the sideline leadership.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • know1
(06-23-2024, 01:34 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Paducah Tilghman got 2 more D1 transfers in one has committed to Vanderbilt. PT will give Boyle all they want especially if Boyle don't find a QB.

Smile PT gave Covington Catholic all they wanted for 2 quarters last season. Covington Catholic raised the white flag after a few minutes of the championship game. I don't see this coming year being much different honestly. If anything, Boyle without a QB can run wildcat with Q and I don't see any defense being any better than Corbin's defense was last season with those Twins on the defense. Boyles offense is just like a tank especially with Q running the ball. There is not a team in 4A that has a defense that can slow down Boyle. So, the way to beat Boyle is outscore them. Who can score than 21 points on that defense? Early in the year, it may be possible like LCA did last year, but after that, Boyle was in lockdown mode defensively. Im not convinced at all. 

Aug 19, '23
Gibson Southern (Fort Branch), IN
at Western Kentucky University
(W)
-
5:00 PM
Rafferty's Bowl

Aug 26, '23
Lexington Christian
home
(W)
-
8:00 PM
Rebel Bowl Sponsored by Whitaker Bank

Sep 1, '23
Danville
away
(W)
-
7:30 PM

Sep 8, '23
Scott County
home
(W)
-

Sep 15, '23
Taylor County
away
(W)
-

Sep 22, '23
Lexington Catholic
home
(W)
-

Oct 6, '23
Russell County
away
(W)
-
6:30 PM

Oct 13, '23
Lincoln County
home
(W)
-

Oct 20, '23
Wayne County
home
(W)
-

Oct 27, '23
Frederick Douglass
away
(W)
-

Nov 2, '23
Whitley County
home
(W)
-
Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Nov 10, '23
Perry County Central
home
(W)
-

Nov 17, '23
Corbin
home
(W)
-

Nov 24, '23
Franklin County
away
(W)
-

Dec 1, '23
Covington Catholic
at Kroger Field, Lexington
(W)
-
8:00 PM

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/r...fb23/89742
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • bcpc, Jack Lambert, know1, Rebel55
who is the QB for Boyle this year? is it the kid that transferred from Woodford Co ?
(07-03-2024, 05:27 PM)Big Boomer Wrote: who is the QB for Boyle this year? is it the kid that transferred from Woodford Co ?

No. He only stayed out for football a short while. He is running track. He was not going to beat out Baylor Murphy or Guy Turner and that became evident early on. QB will not be a problem for Boyle. both QB's have had good spring and summer and both are winners. With Haddix as the QB coach and calling the plays, plus all the offensive weapon that the Rebels have, don't worry about the QB.
(07-03-2024, 08:03 PM)back country Wrote:
(07-03-2024, 05:27 PM)Big Boomer Wrote: who is the QB for Boyle this year? is it the kid that transferred from Woodford Co ?

No. He only stayed out for football a short while. He is running track. He was not going to beat out Baylor Murphy or Guy Turner and that became evident early on. QB will not be a problem for Boyle. both QB's have had good spring and summer and both are winners. With Haddix as the QB coach and calling the plays, plus all the offensive weapon that the Rebels have, don't worry about the QB.

I agree.  Both will do just fine for Boyle this year and would have started for most teams last season.  Heck to honest I could play quarterback this coming season with the players Boyle has returning.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Maroon Beech
(07-04-2024, 09:53 AM)Rebel55 Wrote:

I agree.  Both will do just fine for Boyle this year and would have started for most teams last season.  Heck to honest I could play quarterback this coming season with the players Boyle has returning.
  yeah I agree Haddix is a excellent QB coach. How do you think they will do against St. Edwards this season?
A very interesting game. I don't think Boyle will be embarrassed by any means. I know St. Edwards is good, but so is Boyle. It is a long trip up there and that could be a factor. A good measuring stick for Ky football by some team other than the Louisville schools. A Boyle win would not be a shock either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Big Boomer
(07-05-2024, 02:45 PM)back country Wrote: A very interesting game. I don't think Boyle will be embarrassed by any means. I know St. Edwards is good, but so is Boyle. It is a long trip up there and that could be a factor. A good measuring stick for Ky football by some team other than the Louisville schools. A Boyle win would not be a shock either.
 I have wondered what the consensus was on it. I looked at a Ohio football forum they were dissecting Boyle after the announcement and it was interesting to see their take. they seemed confused by the game and complimented the speed of the skill players but talked a lot about the size difference of the teams. I don't know what St. Edwards looks like roster wise this season in comparison to previous seasons but I watched some games from the last season on Youtube when they announced the game to see what they look like and they looked like they had a lot of size, they reminded me of a NAIA team. should be a interesting game for sure!

That’s pushing it Rebel
(07-05-2024, 11:56 AM)Big Boomer Wrote:

yeah I agree Haddix is a excellent QB coach. How do you think they will do against St. Edwards this season?
I don't think Boyle will win but I do believe it will be competitive.  Boyle which plays a lot of players both ways will have a tall task to beat such a high quality large school on the road.  Personally looking forward to watching the challenge.

I saw Boyle at 7 on 7.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Quisenberry at QB running a wildcat type offense by the time season is over which would be really hard to stop.  Boyle is really good everywhere but at this point not as good at QB as they have been in the past. Also if they don't get pressure on opposing QB's I think they have some holes in their pass coverage. Still think they are favorite for 4A but they have holes to plug from last year.
(07-23-2024, 04:23 PM)UK1 Wrote:

I saw Boyle at 7 on 7.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Quisenberry at QB running a wildcat type offense by the time season is over which would be really hard to stop.  Boyle is really good everywhere but at this point not as good at QB as they have been in the past. Also if they don't get pressure on opposing QB's I think they have some holes in their pass coverage. Still think they are favorite for 4A but they have holes to plug from last year.

Hmmmm.
Boyle's secondary was getting torched in the 7vs7. Avery Bodner and Sage Dawson will be missed.
Corbin will put a 40-burger on Boyle if they meet. Question is, will it be enough?
(07-23-2024, 08:25 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Boyle's secondary was getting torched in the 7vs7. Avery Bodner and Sage Dawson will be missed.

Torched in 7x7 and torched in regular season is two different things. Im going to put my eyes on them when they play real competition.
(07-23-2024, 09:51 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Corbin will put a 40-burger on Boyle if they meet. Question is, will it be enough?

I'll figure out what Corbin's holding when they play Pikeville.
Corbin couldn’t score 40 on Boyle if you locked them in the stadium all night. Boyle only has one team in 4A that can possibly give them a game and that is PT.
(07-24-2024, 12:53 AM)Lets Go Brandon Wrote: Corbin couldn’t score 40 on Boyle if you locked them in the stadium all night.  Boyle only has one team in 4A that can possibly give them a game and that is PT.

Corbin will be tough to stop on offense. I think Corbin will gain a lot of respect after the Pikeville game. They're gonna show out in the Pigskin,  I think.