Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Prestonsburg 2024
(06-02-2024, 08:26 PM)Upnorth Wrote: Some pburg fans are just odd or delusional.  I hope Michael never comes back to Pburg. If he does I hope its after a long successful college coaching career.
How does Pburgs schedule look this year? How are the teams they’re playing looking?
(06-06-2024, 11:46 AM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote:
(06-02-2024, 08:26 PM)Upnorth Wrote: Some pburg fans are just odd or delusional.  I hope Michael never comes back to Pburg. If he does I hope its after a long successful college coaching career.
How does Pburgs schedule look this year? How are the teams they’re playing looking?
@ Leslie Co - Eagles return QB Collett, get a 1000+ yd receiver from Perry Co, but graduate leading receiver, rusher, best defensive players, and some linemen. 

East Ridge (PCB) - Warriors lost their top 4 or 5 players. They’ll be young.

Paintsville - Tigers will be really young. Lost what would’ve been their running back and best defensive player returning to Martin Co. Still have AJ Johnson and Anderson Lauffer. Former Pburg OC Derek Newsome assists at Paintsville now. 

at Lewis Co - Lewis lost their QB to Raceland. I believe leading receiver is still there also. New HC. 

Pike Central - New HC, returning basically their whole team.

Betsy Layne - They’ll likely have 2 or 3 former Blackcats on the roster. They lost a lot to graduation, but have filled holes from transfers and they return Parsons and Mccutcheon. Bobcats will be good. 

Martin Co - Lose a lot of linemen and stable of running backs. QB moved to SC. Maynard will be the new signal caller. Lafferty from Paintsville will be new RB for Cards. 

OPEN

Floyd Central - They lose Peterson, Buck, and Johnson. Return the bulk of their line. Still have Shelton and Martin. Will use the younger Buck like they used his older brother.

at Knott Central - Return most of their team. #20 for them is a stud. They’ll be better than they were last season. 

at Breathitt Co - Lost their QB, Tincher, and some other key pieces, but return most of their team. They’ll be tough.
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Westside, wowowowow10
(06-06-2024, 02:29 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
@ Leslie Co - Eagles return QB Collett, get a 1000+ yd receiver from Perry Co, but graduate leading receiver, rusher, best defensive players, and some linemen. 

Paintsville - Tigers will be really young. Lost what would’ve been their running back and best defensive player returning to Martin Co. Still have AJ Johnson and Anderson Lauffer. Former Pburg OC Derek Newsome assists at Paintsville now. 

at Lewis Co - Lewis lost their QB to Raceland. I believe leading receiver is still there also. New HC. 

Betsy Layne - They’ll likely have 2 or 3 former Blackcats on the roster. They lost a lot to graduation, but have filled holes from transfers and they return Parsons and Mccutcheon. Bobcats will be good. 

Martin Co - Lose a lot of linemen and stable of running backs. QB moved to SC. Maynard will be the new signal caller. Lafferty from Paintsville will be new RB for Cards. 

OPEN

Floyd Central - They lose Peterson, Buck, and Johnson. Return the bulk of their line. Still have Shelton and Martin. Will use the younger Buck like they used his older brother.

at Knott Central - Return most of their team. #20 for them is a stud. They’ll be better than they were last season. 

at Breathitt Co - Lost their QB, Tincher, and some other key pieces, but return most of their team. They’ll be tough.
Sounds like the floor is 3-7 and ceiling is 7-3.
(06-06-2024, 02:29 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

OPEN

In a past post I said the ceiling would be 8-2 and the floor being 4-6. With how everything has shaken out involving players transferring, coaching staff, and what I have been hearing over the past couple of days I would now change the ceiling to 6-4, and the floor being 3-7. 

Loses:
Breathitt, Martin, and Betsy Layne

Not favored, but could win:
Pike Central
Floyd Central

Toss up:
Leslie County

Favored, but could lose:
Lewis County
Paintsville

Wins:
Knott County
East Ridge
I heard from someone in town that Coach Hager is on vacation. How can we believe in what the coach is building if he’s packing up and leaving town when there’s work to be done.
(06-07-2024, 04:17 PM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote: I heard from someone in town that Coach Hager is on vacation. How can we believe in what the coach is building if he’s packing up and leaving town when there’s work to be done.
Ur a troll
[-] The following 1 user Likes TE#82's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(06-07-2024, 06:39 PM)TE#82 Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 04:17 PM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote: I heard from someone in town that Coach Hager is on vacation. How can we believe in what the coach is building if he’s packing up and leaving town when there’s work to be done.
Ur a troll
I’m a troll because the head football coach of one of the most prestigious jobs in high school football doesn’t even care enough to schedule vacation during dead period. Right.
(06-07-2024, 06:53 PM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote:
Ur a troll
I’m a troll because the head football coach of one of the most prestigious jobs in high school football doesn’t even care enough to schedule vacation during dead period. Right.
Prestigious!?  Its a terrible job. Dropping enrollment numbers and surrounded by programs on the up makes it a terrible spot to coach. Combine that with some crazy politics. Not just the parent politics but a job where actual politicians are inserting themselves into the coaches job. But I do agree. Football coaches schedule vacation during dead period. Thats what its for.
....is "concerned_blackcat" about to say something positive about Prestonsburg football?

Tune in later to find out...
(06-07-2024, 06:53 PM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote:
Ur a troll
oof. im so happy for wesley because he is a damn good coach. but feel foor him because  of pburb politics and arent. ur the pproblem
(06-07-2024, 08:30 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: ....is "concerned_blackcat" about to say something positive about Prestonsburg football?

There’s not much positive to say when the head coach is taking vacation time and robbing the youth of our town of valuable practice time. 

It’s a shame for the kids this is the best we could do. There’s legitimate talent at the skill positions
(06-07-2024, 10:27 PM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 08:30 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: ....is "concerned_blackcat" about to say something positive about Prestonsburg football?

There’s not much positive to say when the head coach is taking vacation time and robbing the youth of our town of valuable practice time. 

It’s a shame for the kids this is the best we could do. There’s legitimate talent at the skill positions
It's not a big deal.

Prestonsburg still had practice Monday-Thursday. They lift weights, conditioned, and then they split up and linemen did linemen drills and skill guys done skill drills. Same thing they've basically been doing all spring/summer thus far. No beat was missed.
(06-07-2024, 10:54 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

It's not a big deal.

Prestonsburg still had practice Monday-Thursday. They lift weights, conditioned, and then they split up and linemen did linemen drills and skill guys done skill drills. Same thing they've basically been doing all spring/summer thus far. No beat was missed.
It’s a big deal. The head coach should be at every thing baring a family emergency. 

Shows a lack of leadership and maturity.

i really appreciate that you feel like you have to defend the program on here like this but ignoring red flags isn’t going to help the program out.
(06-07-2024, 11:02 PM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote:

It's not a big deal.

It’s a big deal. The head coach should be at every thing baring a family emergency. 

i really appreciate that you feel like you have to defend the program on here like this but ignoring red flags isn’t going to help the program out.
I'm not ignoring red flags, I just don't believe it's that big a deal and neither does his players and staff.
(06-07-2024, 11:31 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

It's not a big deal.

I'm not ignoring red flags, I just don't believe it's that big a deal and neither does his players and staff.
Then they all believe someone else is truly in charge.

John DeRossett missed one practice and it was for his Aunts funeral. We’ve not made it past dead period of Wes Hagers tenure and he’s skipping a week.
(06-07-2024, 11:41 PM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 10:27 PM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote: There’s not much positive to say when the head coach is taking vacation time and robbing the youth of our town of valuable practice time. 

It's not a big deal.

John DeRossett missed one practice and it was for his Aunts funeral. We’ve not made it past dead period of Wes Hagers tenure and he’s skipping a week.
Missed practice for his mom’s funeral.
(06-08-2024, 01:36 AM)papabear02 Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 10:54 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: It's not a big deal.

If Coach Wesley did miss practice to go on vacation, that is absolutely a horrible look regardless if the team didn't  miss a beat without him.  That shows poor leadership.  How can the players respect him and be expected to sacrifice for the team when the head coach won't do the same.  He should be leading by example.  I am liking this hire more and more.

Back in the day, I was on my school's site-base-decision-making-council.  I had rented a cabin in the Smokies for a week.  I had paid well over a $1,500 for the reservation.  Just before my family and I were to leave for our vacation, the school called a special site-base-council meeting that was to be held right in the middle of week I had rented the cabin.  I chosen to stay home and attend the meeting.  My family went on vacation without me.  Maybe I made a poor decision, but sometimes you have to sacrifice.
(06-08-2024, 10:34 AM)Westside Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 11:02 PM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote: It’s a big deal. The head coach should be at every thing baring a family emergency. 

If Coach Wesley did miss practice to go on vacation, that is absolutely a horrible look regardless if the team didn't  miss a beat without him.  That shows poor leadership.  How can the players respect him and be expected to sacrifice for the team when the head coach won't do the same.  He should be leading by example.  I am liking this hire more and more.

Back in the day, I was on my school's site-base-decision-making-council.  I had rented a cabin in the Smokies for a week.  I had paid well over a $1,500 for the reservation.  Just before my family and I were to leave for our vacation, the school called a special site-base-council meeting that was to be held right in the middle of week I had rented the cabin.  I chosen to stay home and attend the meeting.  My family went on vacation without me.  Maybe I made a poor decision, but sometimes you have to sacrifice.
Some have it, some don’t 
some understand it, some don’t.
[-] The following 1 user Likes papabear02's post:
  • Westside
(06-07-2024, 11:02 PM)Concerned_Blackcat Wrote: It’s a big deal. The head coach should be at every thing baring a family emergency. 

Exactly. When you take a LEADERSHIP role you have to sacrifice. 

he’s lost all ability to get on to a player about practice attendance when they start back after the dead period. It’s SAD.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Concerned_Blackcat's post:
  • Westside
(06-08-2024, 03:05 PM)papabear02 Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 11:31 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I'm not ignoring red flags, I just don't believe it's that big a deal and neither does his players and staff.

Some have it, some don’t 
some understand it, some don’t.
you guys a down right pitiful. what is these glory days im hearing of from pburg. you guys have been that good since what mid late 2000s. how many state titles have you guys won. pburg is not belfry or even  johnson central. all you pissed off parents just need to take ur kids someone else
refrain, refrain, refrain...........
I am not trolling, and I don't think this is off topic because it concerns Pburg football in 2024 and their first year coach, but my question is this. How can anyone defend a first year coach taking a week off from practice to go on vacation while expecting his players to show up for the practices that he is missing? I can not comprehend how this is acceptable, and I can not comprehend how anyone could possible defend that decision If he did in fact do this, I find it mind blowing.
Not John D. I am giving you a warning to follow the rules of BGR. That was your first warning. 

BGR Member Rules:

1. Personal attacks or threats to another member whether in forum or messaging will result in Suspension. Bashing or taunting of any high school athletes will not be tolerated.
2. Don't reveal personal identities or other confidential information about anyone, including an attempt to divulge, or an attempt to determine a user's identity posted in any BGR forum.
3. Racist, homophobic, or sexist comments will not be tolerated. You are free to express your opinion on any issue with the exception of derogatory or inappropriate comments. Making false claims will result in Suspension. Attempts to discuss criminal behavior of student-athletes is not permitted in the high school forums. Responsible discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted. Obey all applicable country, state, and federal laws when using this site. Any illegal activity will be handed over to the appropriate authorities which could result in you being criminally prosecuted.
4. Pornography, links to pornography, and/or any other offensive content in any images/avatars/signatures is not accepted. Inappropriate links, avatars, images, or signatures will be removed.
5. Don't advertise competitor or commercial sites via text or in any images/avatars/signatures. Spam will result in Suspension
6. Please keep all threads ON TOPIC at all times. Any excessive attempt to "troll" or get a subject off topic will result in a warning. Any attempt to stay off topic after the warning will result in a suspension.
7. No complaining about Bluegrassrivals.com or any of its staff members will be permitted. This includes complaining about how the site is managed and how the rules are enforced. If you have a complaint or suggestion please get in touch with a moderator or administrator and it will be addressed. Do not ignore warnings/suggestions by any staff members. If you ignore warnings or continue to complain or argue on the open forums, could result in a suspension.
8. All accounts will require valid email address for set-up. Any duplicate accounts will be terminated linked to a same IP address.

Title Points Expires Warning

Rule #1 -- Inconsiderate to Others 2 10 Day(s)
Rule #2 -- Revealing Identity 15 10 Day(s)
Rule #3 -- Inappropriate Material / False Information 5 10 Day(s)
Rule #4 -- Offensive Content/Links - Signature Rule Violation 5 10 Day(s)
Rule #5 -- Link to Competitor Sites / Spammed Advertisements 1 10 Day(s)
Rule #6 -- Posting Off Topic / Post Padding 1 10 Day(s)
Rule #7 -- Complaining About Site 1 10 Day(s)
Rule #8 -- Multiple Accounts 1 10 Day(s)
(06-09-2024, 05:01 AM)Westside Wrote: I am not trolling, and I don't think this is off topic because it concerns Pburg football in 2024 and their first year coach, but my question is this.  How can anyone defend a first year coach taking a week off from practice to go on vacation while expecting his players to show up for the practices that he is missing?  I can not comprehend how this is acceptable, and I can not comprehend how anyone could possible defend that decision  If he did in fact do this, I find it mind blowing.
Official practice has not even began and is not allowed until mid July. I think other programs have assistants running off season conditioning drills some as well. I don’t think you can technically call it practice until the dead period is over. You can have “voluntary” workouts but it’s not supposed to be a practice. I don’t see a big issue out of it. Now if the coach starts missing practices when they can start wearing equipment that’s an issue but not now. It’s been a few years but I don’t think Coach Haywood attended every single off season workout when my son was a part of the team. It’s not something I’d be concerned over
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(06-09-2024, 11:02 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(06-09-2024, 05:01 AM)Westside Wrote: I am not trolling, and I don't think this is off topic because it concerns Pburg football in 2024 and their first year coach, but my question is this.  How can anyone defend a first year coach taking a week off from practice to go on vacation while expecting his players to show up for the practices that he is missing?  I can not comprehend how this is acceptable, and I can not comprehend how anyone could possible defend that decision  If he did in fact do this, I find it mind blowing.
Official practice has not even began and is not allowed until mid July. I think other programs have assistants running off season conditioning drills some as well. I don’t think you can technically call it practice until the dead period is over. You can have “voluntary” workouts but it’s not supposed to be a practice. I don’t see a big issue out of it. Now if the coach starts missing practices when they can start wearing equipment that’s an issue but not now. It’s been a few years but I don’t think Coach Haywood attended every single off season workout when my son was a part of the team. It’s not something I’d be concerned over
There’s a difference when you’ve had the same staff in place for over a decade and when you’re a first year head coach trying to turn around a program that’s struggling. Coach Haywood is afforded luxuries that many other coaches aren’t due to his long history of success.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Concerned_Blackcat's post:
  • Westside
[Video: https://youtu.be/eEsPhTk0uTo?si=SDA6DevjaQLeO__z]

New turf field is nearly complete. I might be a little biased, but that's one of the best looking fields in the state.
(06-19-2024, 01:20 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [Video: https://youtu.be/eEsPhTk0uTo?si=SDA6DevjaQLeO__z]

New turf field is nearly complete. I might be a little biased, but that's one of the best looking fields in the state.
Tthe field does look awesome!!
Did ya ever get confirmation that Hager went on vacation, or is it still just hearsay? Lol 

Some of y’all on here dragging this young guy thorough the mud and ya dont even know if he actually went on vacation or not.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(06-22-2024, 09:13 PM)Redneck Wrote:
Did ya ever get confirmation that Hager went on vacation, or is it still just hearsay? Lol 

Some of y’all on here dragging this young guy thorough the mud and ya dont even know if he actually went on vacation or not.

Yes, he went to the beach
Pburg just had a few transfer to Betsy Layne this week from what I’m hearing.