Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Luke Salmons named Corbin Head Coach
Pikeville
Corbin

Still many questions as to the offense. How will it change?
He is bringing in a DC. Which is good. But the scheme on both sides is likely to change.

Also. If there are big changes there is tons of talk about a few current players hitting the portal.

Also a few coming in, notably a QB.

There are too many questions. There has been no continuity since 2019.

Salmons unleashed! I feel like pikeville has their Zebco 33s ready! Also feel like the old hounds won’t wear the T Shirts.
That transfer portal that is now open. Thats what I would keep an eye on.  Woah
(06-01-2024, 11:11 AM)HighViz Wrote: Pikeville
Corbin

Still many questions as to the offense.  How will it change?
He is bringing in a DC.  Which is good.  But the scheme on both sides is likely to change.

Also.  If there are big changes there is tons of talk about a few current players hitting the portal.

There are too many questions.  There has been no continuity since 2019. 

Salmons unleashed!  I feel like pikeville has their Zebco 33s ready!  Also feel like the old hounds won’t wear the T Shirts.

Hey, my friend, how would your prediction have been different had Haddix(and probably several of Boyle's coaches and players) been added to Corbin's sidelines?

(06-01-2024, 06:56 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Corbin will beat pikeville.  Elam and Eli  will be the most talented players on the field even though  Brenden Anthony will get his on both sides of the ball and Duty is as solid of a QB as u will get in eastern ky but ima still say corbin’s overall depth is too much and will be the difference maker.
I think Corbin wins by at least two scores.
(06-01-2024, 06:56 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Corbin will beat pikeville.  Elam and Eli  will be the most talented players on the field even though  Brenden Anthony will get his on both sides of the ball and Duty is as solid of a QB as u will get in eastern ky but ima still say corbin’s overall depth is too much and will be the difference maker.

LOL! Love Elam but wouldn't trade Anthony for 2 Elams. And Pikeville has 6-8 players better than Eli, maybe even more.
(06-01-2024, 05:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

LOL! Love Elam but wouldn't trade Anthony for 2 Elams. And Pikeville has 6-8 players better than Eli, maybe even more.

Woah So which one has a offer from UK and EKU?   Smile
Corbin

He is bringing in a DC.  Which is good.  But the scheme on both sides is likely to change.

Also.  If there are big changes there is tons of talk about a few current players hitting the portal.

Salmons unleashed!  I feel like pikeville has their Zebco 33s ready!  Also feel like the old hounds won’t wear the T Shirts.
I don't know what the Zebco 33s means but I still laughed. Just getting my trash talking ready but Corbin fans should treat the Pikeville game like a Nascar race. Don't get too close to the track. Anthony is going to leave cleat marks on the Corbin defense, sideline, and first 10 rows of the home bleachers. Sit high out of the way...hehe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!

Hoot Gibson called last night to say hello and said Panthers have absolutely no chance since Pikeville's enrollment is hundreds of students less than that of Corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
(06-01-2024, 05:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Bull are you serious? Please tell me you don't go all in on rankings and offers lol
Hoot confided in me his prediction of Corbin 35  Pikeville  14 .

[Image: https://www.photofunny.net/images/202406...jpg?act=49]
  • pjdoug
Haha I love it...I do miss Hoot though in all seriousness
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-01-2024, 05:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Bull are you serious? Please tell me you don't go all in on rankings and offers lol

You may have something there.... I know one thing, I'll be wearing a helmet to this one.. IF the A man is leaving treadmarks...
[Image: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.9e1bad7f7bfc...ImgRaw&r=0]
https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.9e1bad7f7bfc1df927d737f49e91137c?
(06-01-2024, 06:21 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Haha I love it...I do miss Hoot though in all seriousness

Hoot sounds like a guy you could drink a whole pot of coffee debating with... Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
(06-01-2024, 07:30 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(06-01-2024, 06:21 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Haha I love it...I do miss Hoot though in all seriousness

Hoot sounds like a guy you could drink a whole pot of coffee debating with... Smile

Hoot is a legend in his own mind. According to Hoot , he has never lost a debate, whether it be politics or football or fancy office chairs. 

Utter hilarity ensued when he and Jet were debating the Small School vs Large School thingy . Hoot was using something similar to the Central Limit Theorem in statistics to argue that smaller schools like Pikeville were at a huge disadvantage and wouldn't fare well against bigger schools. That's about the time Jet hit him with the "class snob" moniker. I about pissed my pants. Hoot had a weird and obscene bias against small schools, especially Pikeville, it seemed.
  • pjdoug

:woah: So which one has an offer from UK and EKU?   :)

You think those offers are committable with 12 catches a year to show on film?
(06-01-2024, 08:40 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Woah So which one has an offer from UK and EKU?   Smile

Well, No. I know what happened when the playbook gets closed on D1 guys who do have the offers. 12 catches won't cut it.
(06-01-2024, 09:03 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Well, No. I know what happened when the playbook gets closed on D1 guys who do have the offers. 12 catches won't cut it.

I hope for his sake they get him more involved.
(06-01-2024, 09:05 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(06-01-2024, 05:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote: LOL! Love Elam but wouldn't trade Anthony for 2 Elams. And Pikeville has 6-8 players better than Eli, maybe even more.

I couldn't agree more with you as Eli is one of my favorites on the Corbin team. He was absolutely IMO just not used enough last year. I know there are opinions about the game plans and everything but dang, I personally would have him getting touches knowing his size and capabilities. Salmons when you read this, please look at last year's touches and take a real hard look at Eli. He is worthy. I reckon UK and EKU has said the same thing...So surely he should get about 100 catches minimum this year. Id like to see him get 40 catches against Pikeville.  Smile Jett can buy my coffee for a month after I collect off him... Big Grin
  • pjdoug
(06-01-2024, 09:22 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(06-01-2024, 05:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Woah So which one has an offer from UK and EKU?   Smile

I couldn't agree more with you as Eli is one of my favorites on the Corbin team. He was absolutely IMO just not used enough last year. I know there are opinions about the game plans and everything but dang, I personally would have him getting touches knowing his size and capabilities. Salmons when you read this, please look at last year's touches and take a real hard look at Eli. He is worthy. I reckon UK and EKU has said the same thing...So surely he should get about 100 catches minimum this year. Id like to see him get 40 catches against Pikeville.  Smile Jett can buy my coffee for a month after I collect off him... Big Grin
We’re gonna see what more than one person is about here shortly….Look at some film Salmons kid can play multiple positions, others can’t, Cameron Combs stuck around and played for the team, all I’m gonna say….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-01-2024, 09:32 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(06-01-2024, 08:40 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: You think those offers are committable with 12 catches a year to show on film?

We’re gonna see what more than one person is about here shortly….Look at some film Salmons kid can play multiple positions, others can’t, Cameron Combs stuck around and played for the team, all I’m gonna say….

I read where Salmons was really good at getting his boys in shape and playing both ways. So I like it. That was one thing I absolutely hated was the excuse of all this nonplaying both ways crap. Really, when you do that, you are putting your best players on the field for 4 quarters. That means wins in big games. Another thing I like is he runs off tackle. Fast running plays. I like it. That equivalates to you better be ready and that lets the lineman dictate the outcome and the rest is history. I know one thing. I aint getting in a soup bean eating contest with Salmons. He looks like he might take the win.  Smile
(06-01-2024, 09:32 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(06-01-2024, 08:40 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: You think those offers are committable with 12 catches a year to show on film?

Well, if what you are hinting at is Elam playing WR or RB, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Woah I think in fairness Elam would probably beat out about 9-9.5 or 10 of the best QBS in Ky. I myself would not move him from the QB position. Thats my 2 cents worth.  But I have not seen the other QB. But its gonna take alot to change my mind.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug, TD Hounds
  • TD Hounds
  • TD Hounds
(06-01-2024, 10:46 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [Image: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.d3a8b1988a78...ImgRaw&r=0]
https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.d3a8b1988a78e83be2c9792a2246aa4e?
Big Grin

I don’t think Elam will be playing RB or WR at all….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • pjdoug
(06-01-2024, 11:02 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(06-01-2024, 10:46 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [Image: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.d3a8b1988a78...ImgRaw&r=0]
https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.d3a8b1988a78e83be2c9792a2246aa4e?
Big Grin

I don’t think Elam will be playing RB or WR at all….

Smile Ok. I was just making sure. I aint going through that crap again.
(06-01-2024, 01:17 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(05-31-2024, 05:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-30-2024, 11:47 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I don't think any of us Hounds have a thing against Coach Luke. As a stand alone proposition, he's a good hire. What many of us know is that Haddix made it known he was interested in coming back and winning titles here. He was kept from doing so by Jewell , Tomcat,  Stevie Boy and the other incorrigibles.  I fear that Coach Luke has made a deal with the devils.

Question: Do any of you have a problem with a coach that leaves his team in June to take another job?

Well, I honestly didn't think Salmons would come this late in the season. I also don't know much about the program where he came from other than what we can research online. He seemed to be well liked and his record speaks for itself. He no doubt knows the game. Lots of unknowns for me to be able to give a real good opinion. I am going to have to see some of the opponents on the schedule like a road game against Johnson Central, or a 3rd round game against any of the gauntlet 4A teams to see really what he is made of. The regular season has one team being Frederick Douglass on the road that will also tell a lot about defense and offense type of decision making. That is what I will see for myself before I can make a honest assessment. As far as some of his interviews I have watched online. He passed with flying colors but to be fair, most do. The xs and os part of it is what I want to see. I don't understand why any coach would decide to leave his team when you have been with the program for a while and that program is in the hunt for a title. That I honestly was shocked at. So that also tells me there may be more to this part of the equation. Maybe the best offer he couldn't refuse and maybe he just didn't want to be in West Virginia any longer. I see people make some on the fly decisions this day in time and some do work out. I'll be checking out his game film but not against the easy teams, that won't tell you much. The big games are where you find out who is who.
Will Corbin fans run him out of town after Pikeville smokes their hind end in his first game?

Pikeville will get their hind end smoked against Corbin.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Old School Hound
(06-01-2024, 11:18 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(06-01-2024, 01:17 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(05-31-2024, 05:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-30-2024, 11:47 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I don't think any of us Hounds have a thing against Coach Luke. As a stand alone proposition, he's a good hire. What many of us know is that Haddix made it known he was interested in coming back and winning titles here. He was kept from doing so by Jewell , Tomcat,  Stevie Boy and the other incorrigibles.  I fear that Coach Luke has made a deal with the devils.

Question: Do any of you have a problem with a coach that leaves his team in June to take another job?

Well, I honestly didn't think Salmons would come this late in the season. I also don't know much about the program where he came from other than what we can research online. He seemed to be well liked and his record speaks for itself. He no doubt knows the game. Lots of unknowns for me to be able to give a real good opinion. I am going to have to see some of the opponents on the schedule like a road game against Johnson Central, or a 3rd round game against any of the gauntlet 4A teams to see really what he is made of. The regular season has one team being Frederick Douglass on the road that will also tell a lot about defense and offense type of decision making. That is what I will see for myself before I can make a honest assessment. As far as some of his interviews I have watched online. He passed with flying colors but to be fair, most do. The xs and os part of it is what I want to see. I don't understand why any coach would decide to leave his team when you have been with the program for a while and that program is in the hunt for a title. That I honestly was shocked at. So that also tells me there may be more to this part of the equation. Maybe the best offer he couldn't refuse and maybe he just didn't want to be in West Virginia any longer. I see people make some on the fly decisions this day in time and some do work out. I'll be checking out his game film but not against the easy teams, that won't tell you much. The big games are where you find out who is who.
Will Corbin fans run him out of town after Pikeville smokes their hind end in his first game?

Pikeville will get their hind end smoked against Corbin.

Big Grin I can't wait for Jett to have to give me a big sack of money.... 
[Image: https://media1.giphy.com/media/wxzOnz3E4...y.gif&ct=s]
https://media1.giphy.com/media/wxzOnz3E4b6bWh429x/giphy.gif?cid=790b76117291e4f391a48cfb1d3059aa6212126edbdcab5c&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s
(06-01-2024, 02:20 AM)jetpilot Wrote: No kidding, I expect Pikeville to win.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-01-2024, 05:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Corbin

I don't know what the Zebco 33s means but I still laughed. Just getting my trash talking ready but Corbin fans should treat the Pikeville game like a Nascar race. Don't get too close to the track. Anthony is going to leave cleat marks on the Corbin defense, sideline, and first 10 rows of the home bleachers. Sit high out of the way...hehe

Elam will smoke your hind end.
(06-01-2024, 05:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Corbin

if you don't know what Zebco 33 is you're a Yankee or a Furriner.
(06-01-2024, 05:32 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Hoot Gibson called last night to say hello and said Panthers have absolutely no chance since Pikeville's enrollment is hundreds of students less than that of Corbin.
Hoot's hind end  is still smoking.