•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
15th Region Transfers
Keene enrolled last week and Sykes today, at Pikeville.
Keene to Pikeville isn't a done deal. Waiting to see how the summer goes. I still say Keene and Weddington from Phelps end up at Pike Central to play for coach Ratliff . Lawson kid also returns to Pike Central from Menifee County.

Regional contender

Slone from Pike Central going to Betsy Layne.

Doesn't Pikeville have any talent in thier middle school? Going out every year recruiting kids? FACTS
(04-14-2024, 11:52 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Keene to Pikeville isn't a done deal. Waiting to see how the summer goes. I still say Keene and Weddington from Phelps end up at Pike Central to play for coach Ratliff . Lawson kid also returns to Pike Central from Menifee County.

Regional contender

Doesn't Pikeville have any talent in thier middle school? Going out every year recruiting kids? FACTS
I've heard Keene is happy at Pikeville. I don't think he would want to lose shot attempts by going to PC. Stewart will get 25+ shot attempts per game. A lot of the other attempts will go to Slone. Which is why I can't see him going back to Betsy Layne, a school that he was at during middle school but left for Prestonsburg in high school. But who knows. The next three to four weeks will be interesting.
Keene will not leave Pikeville,Betsy Layne will get a couple but none mentioned. Next few weeks will see a lot of movement, had 4 parents saying they was moving before May.
Warriorhawk, Pikeville doesn’t have to recruit. Kids just wanna be there. Plain and simple.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-17-2024, 07:35 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Keene to Pikeville is big. Tremendous player.
Who you calling big? boy isn't a top 50 player in the region. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(04-14-2024, 11:52 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Keene to Pikeville isn't a done deal. Waiting to see how the summer goes. I still say Keene and Weddington from Phelps end up at Pike Central to play for coach Ratliff . Lawson kid also returns to Pike Central from Menifee County.

Regional contender

Lawson kid?????

Weddington is the best big in the mountains, IMO. Slone isn'tnt leaving. He's already at his 3rd high school.
Hearing the Estridge kid is coming to the hill baby, will be a tough set of guards combing him with Carter, Isaiah and Cam
(04-18-2024, 11:02 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Hearing the Estridge kid is coming to the hill baby, will be a tough set of guards combing him with Carter, Isaiah and Cam

Guards have never been Betsy Layne's problems. It's having the bigs to run a couple offensive sets out of and beat and bang inside for rebounds since Chase Mims left.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Your correct, we do have a couple that could be very good
I heard that a kid that used to play at Betsy Layne went to Prestonsburg last week.
(04-19-2024, 04:27 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote: I heard that a kid that used to play at Betsy Layne went to Prestonsburg last week.

Who?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-19-2024, 06:28 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 04:27 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote: I heard that a kid that used to play at Betsy Layne went to Prestonsburg last week.

Who?
Brayden Meadows.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GeraldDaLoved's post:
  • Spud6
Heard a few freshman teaming up and heading north.
They will win Region now, big loss for us
(04-19-2024, 08:45 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: They will win Region now, big loss for us
I don't know about that, but with him, Collins leaving for another school and Mason's boy likely leaving at years end - most likely to Prestonsburg as well, the problems continue for Betsy Layne, and the Blackcats should be tough.
(04-18-2024, 11:02 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Hearing the Estridge kid is coming to the hill baby, will be a tough set of guards combing him with Carter, Isaiah and Cam
I hear he going somewhere else at of the county
Where is the Collins kid moving to ??
Collins is going to Johnson Central, Hall wherever his Dad can Coach, Betsy Layne will be alright have Allen, Parsons, Pente, Hammonds, Combs returning, Collins will hurt us but we got one of the 3 or 4 best Seniors transferring in already been playing with the boys I hear and still counting on a really good boat player coming this Summer. We’ll be just fine.
(04-19-2024, 11:14 PM)Jelly Roll Wrote: Where is the Collins kid moving to ??

Rumor is Johnson Central
#BBFL
Is it the Collins kid that is a 8th grader now that will be a freshman next season?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jelly Roll's post:
  • JustOneMom
(04-20-2024, 10:15 AM)Jelly Roll Wrote: Is it the Collins kid that is a 8th grader now that will be a freshman next season?
Yes
Isn’t he family to the Parsons kid? Kinda surprises me if so that he would leave. Dad helps coach and uncle principal at the elementary
(04-20-2024, 05:48 PM)Jelly Roll Wrote: Isn’t he family to the Parsons kid? Kinda surprises me if so that he would leave. Dad helps coach and uncle principal at the elementary
It's my understanding that it's surprising to everyone, especially going to JC. But Betsy Layne has had issues the past few seasons. 8 players quit two seasons ago and the Allen kid last year. He may have wanted a stable program, and JC has a top coach and is a potential regional champ.
He isn’t going to JC because he wants to I don’t feel but the move is more about his sister going there, Andrew won’t get much playing time there the have a ton of talent coming up he’ll be pushed down the list but he stays he’ll really help us
(04-21-2024, 07:22 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: He isn’t going to JC because he wants to I don’t feel but the move is more about his sister going there, Andrew won’t get much playing time there the have a ton of talent coming up he’ll be pushed down the list but he stays he’ll really help us
It’s really not that they have a lot of talent coming up. The talent is already there. The problem is if you want to play at JC or have a big role, your DAD better join the coaching staff. Going to be tough to get a shot when you have 4 daddy’s as your coaches.
(04-21-2024, 08:25 AM)TRex34 Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 07:22 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: He isn’t going to JC because he wants to I don’t feel but the move is more about his sister going there, Andrew won’t get much playing time there the have a ton of talent coming up he’ll be pushed down the list but he stays he’ll really help us
It’s really not that they have a lot of talent coming up. The talent is already there. The problem is if you want to play at JC or have a big role, your DAD better join the coaching staff. Going to be tough to get a shot when you have 4 daddy’s as your coaches.
The only kids starting at having a big role at JC the next 3 years will be coaches kids. Whether that is the 3 on staff for basketball, the 1 dad is assistant coach for girls. Or on staff for football. 
And JC should be either favorite to win region with those kids or in the running the next 3 years.
(04-19-2024, 11:28 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Collins is going to Johnson Central, Hall wherever his Dad can Coach, Betsy Layne will be alright  have Allen, Parsons, Pente, Hammonds, Combs returning, Collins will hurt us but we got one of the 3 or 4 best Seniors transferring in already been playing with the boys I hear and still counting on a really good boat player coming this Summer. We’ll be just fine.
One of the 3 or 4 best seniors? Who’s that?

Quit trying to influence the kid to stay at Betsy Layne with false negativity. Collins will be 6th man at worst next year, with a chance to start as a sophomore. Playing at JC with that talent, will only make his talent rise even more.

(04-21-2024, 11:58 AM)BCF4L Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 11:28 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Collins is going to Johnson Central, Hall wherever his Dad can Coach, Betsy Layne will be alright  have Allen, Parsons, Pente, Hammonds, Combs returning, Collins will hurt us but we got one of the 3 or 4 best Seniors transferring in already been playing with the boys I hear and still counting on a really good boat player coming this Summer. We’ll be just fine.
One of the 3 or 4 best seniors? Who’s that?

I think he’s talking about Estridge^^
(04-19-2024, 06:59 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 06:28 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Who?
Brayden Meadows.
 Meadows went to Martin County
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next