Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
An Open Letter to Corbin Redhound Players, Coaches & Fans
(11-27-2023, 08:30 PM)HighViz Wrote: I did! Ha. 

I’m ready to see some changes in 24!
Me and you both brother, but I’m afraid we’re both gonna have to wait till Summer of 25…but that just my opinion, the seats are definitely getting hot…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Cowboy42
Are any of you guys going to the board meeting tomorrow night?
It is safe to say they won’t be there…..trying to whip up the ire of other people so they will go do the dirty work.
(11-27-2023, 09:05 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Are any of you guys going to the board meeting tomorrow night?

The one sensible thing I have seen is about homegrown kids being over looked and hired guns brought in to fill the void left by the overlooked players. At some point those kids will either stop playing or move to other schools. It won’t be as long as you think either. I look for one school in the tri county area to make a move soon to right their ship with a championship level coach.
(11-27-2023, 04:01 PM)DangerMouse Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 03:57 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 12:31 PM)DangerMouse Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 11:21 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 08:34 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: Clay Clevenger fits the bill to a T for the Redhounds…..but like Haddix he has a great upside for moving up……so it would have to be a sweet deal
Why in the world would he jump into that dumpster fire…… wishful thinking!!!!

$$$ talks 

I think if they called, he’d listen. And it’s not like Somerset is close to the same job as Corbin. Somerset’s talent is good, their facilities are fine. But comparing them to Corbin? Not even close. 

Dumpster fires have been extinguished by the right person and he fits the bill.
Not even close …….. lmfao Somerset has won a title within the last 4 years ….. Corbin has not won one in the last 4 decades+!!!!!!! And came in to Historic Campbell field in 2019 and smacked them puppy’s ….. Not even close ……… hahahaha smoke ya another one …. Somerset got that $$$$$$$$$ too son ..

this is the damn dumbest reply ever written, son. 

It took over 100 years to win one. Corbin on a 40 year drought pales in comparison. 

I guess if you want to brag about smacking puppies at Corbin (by 1 point) I’ll remind you of the scores in 2020, 2022 at “Historic” Clark Field. 

Corbin 48-21
Corbin 45-7

If Somerset got that money, they need to spend it. And maybe on wins that matter. 

Take off the purple tinted glasses and let the adults talk. Thanks.
Corbin has not won a title since I’ve been alive …… Somerset has….. Corbin is 4a Somerset is 2a ….. y’all are supposed to beat the lil guys …… Congrats on scheduling and beating a 2a school !!!! Probably why your rpi always sucks!!! Clevenger wouldn’t leave Somerset for that dumpster fire EVER.  Corbin is not as attractive job as you think, maybe you need to take off your red tinted Tim short Auto mall glasses … Facts are Corbin finished 5-6 best in 4a … And if the twins and Guy Bailey had stayed at Somerset they would be playing for a title !!!! And they all would of played both ways unlike your brainless staff who don’t play the best available…. Congratulations on your district championship!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Foozeball23, jax
(11-27-2023, 10:10 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 11:21 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Why in the world would he jump into that dumpster fire…… wishful thinking!!!!

$$$ talks 

I think if they called, he’d listen. And it’s not like Somerset is close to the same job as Corbin. Somerset’s talent is good, their facilities are fine. But comparing them to Corbin? Not even close. 

Not even close …….. lmfao Somerset has won a title within the last 4 years ….. Corbin has not won one in the last 4 decades+!!!!!!! And came in to Historic Campbell field in 2019 and smacked them puppy’s ….. Not even close ……… hahahaha smoke ya another one …. Somerset got that $$$$$$$$$ too son ..

It took over 100 years to win one. Corbin on a 40 year drought pales in comparison. 

I guess if you want to brag about smacking puppies at Corbin (by 1 point) I’ll remind you of the scores in 2020, 2022 at “Historic” Clark Field. 

Corbin 48-21
Corbin 45-7

If Somerset got that money, they need to spend it. And maybe on wins that matter. 

Corbin has not won a title since I’ve been alive …… Somerset has….. Corbin is 4a Somerset is 2a ….. y’all are supposed to beat the lil guys …… Congrats on scheduling and beating a 2a school !!!! Probably why your rpi always sucks!!! Clevenger wouldn’t leave Somerset for that dumpster fire EVER.  Corbin is not as attractive job as you think, maybe you need to take off your red tinted Tim short Auto mall glasses … Facts are Corbin finished 5-6 best in 4a … And if the twins and Guy Bailey had stayed at Somerset they would be playing for a title !!!! And they all would of played both ways unlike your brainless staff who don’t play the best available…. Congratulations on your district championship!!!!
As for Somerset, I would liked to have seen Clevenger get a oppurtunity to have these kids play on his team this year and seen what they might have been able to do. It definitely would have been a story and no doubt a lot of what ifs. 2A would have been in for a treat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Deuce8
(11-27-2023, 09:05 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Are any of you guys going to the board meeting tomorrow night?

I had rather watch UK play.... Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, Granny Bear, pjdoug
(11-27-2023, 07:43 PM)HighViz Wrote: OSH.  It’s fans like you that ruin it for me.  Also leadership like we have.

Don’t make excuses.  It is what it is.  Just please stop saying we are the best.  We haven’t play in 2 weeks. 

As for not saying anything good about the kids.  Obviously I care a lot about the kids here.  But, they aren’t given a chance.  We have thugs leading them.  What I have seen the last year Haddix was the HFBC, I saw it play out. I told several of you on here and  maybe one poster here agreed.  Everyone else thought I was crazy.  Now that it played out before their eyes they are aggravated.  I’m beyond scorned, and won’t be better till COX, Tommy, Hart, Foley are gone.  Taylor promised to do his part in removing Tom when he asked for my vote.  So as far as I’m concerned. He is just like them.

Our kids don’t need to be told they need to look up to thugs.

We also tried to get the edge and pay the kids to come by making sure they had chargers.  What’s that say for the hometown kids? The ones that had played in our system for 10-12 years.  JUST to beat Boyle.    That’s KARMA coming back to the program in my opinion.

And a place to stay.
Ain’t no room for lies in here as the truth has filled the thread..I’ll say it again no changes forthcoming and business as usual..

(11-27-2023, 08:35 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 08:30 PM)HighViz Wrote: I did! Ha. 

I’m ready to see some changes in 24!
Me and you both brother, but I’m afraid we’re both gonna have to wait till Summer of 25…but that just my opinion, the seats are definitely getting hot…
I agree and that’s why I say Haddix ain’t coming back next season as Boyle is loaded next season as I’m being told Boyle will be better next season than this season.
(11-27-2023, 07:43 PM)HighViz Wrote: OSH.  It’s fans like you that ruin it for me.  Also leadership like we have.

Don’t make excuses.  It is what it is.  Just please stop saying we are the best.  We haven’t play in 2 weeks. 

As for not saying anything good about the kids.  Obviously I care a lot about the kids here.  But, they aren’t given a chance.  We have thugs leading them.  What I have seen the last year Haddix was the HFBC, I saw it play out. I told several of you on here and  maybe one poster here agreed.  Everyone else thought I was crazy.  Now that it played out before their eyes they are aggravated.  I’m beyond scorned, and won’t be better till COX, Tommy, Hart, Foley are gone.  Taylor promised to do his part in removing Tom when he asked for my vote.  So as far as I’m concerned. He is just like them.

We also tried to get the edge and pay the kids to come by making sure they had chargers.  What’s that say for the hometown kids? The ones that had played in our system for 10-12 years.  JUST to beat Boyle.    That’s KARMA coming back to the program in my opinion.

And a place to stay

Didn't you enjoy watching those two talented young men perform for the red and silver like I did. I had a blast watching them.  And don't kid yourself, Boyle would have paid them to come and play for them and would have provided them houses, plenty of bling, and a couple of sporty cars. Don't kid yourself one gosh damn bit. The evil empire over in Danville would have done the same thing to have them.

Let the record show that Viz says it's fans like Old School that "ruin it" for him. Because I passionately cheer our kids on, in spite of the parasitic vermin that surrounds Corbin athletics, he implies I'm a bad fan. I guess I have to talk up Boyle and put our team down in order to be a good fan. Makes no sense. You think I'm gonna let chumps like Cox, Greer, Hart, and Foley prevent me from cheering on my Hounds and stating what any unbiased observer would have concluded ---that our Redhounds were the state's best team. Viz wouldn't even be able to say that we were one of the top five.

He hates Cox, Greer, Hart, Foley, (and that pitiful 80 y.o. invalid, Darrell Tremaine) so much that he can't say anything good about our team. I can only conclude that he must have , at one time, walked in on one of those A-holes and Lady Viz paddling up Coochie Creek.

Despite despising the way things things are done by the a-holes in Corbin, I still root for my team and genuinely believe my team was the best this season. Guess I'm a horrible fan for not slobbering all over Boyle and marginalizing my team.
(11-27-2023, 09:05 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Are any of you guys going to the board meeting tomorrow night?

There isn’t a set among all of them put together. Theyll talk all of this behind the keyboard but not show up and say it to their face.

how sad.
[-] The following 2 users Like KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Deuce8, TheStickyBandit
(11-25-2023, 11:21 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Why in the world would he jump into that dumpster fire…… wishful thinking!!!!

$$$ talks 

Corbin 48-21
Corbin 45-7

You discredited yourself from being a serious poster.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • DangerMouse, Deuce8
(11-27-2023, 07:41 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 06:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 05:10 AM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 02:12 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 12:36 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: You think Corbin is the first team in the state to have two top 200 players in the nation and a RB with a PWO to UK, a QB who’s a D1 commit, and still not even be able to win a region??

Were it not for a kid named Q, Corbin finishes off back-to-back ,undefeated, seasons with 30 straight wins and two trophies. Luck, either good or bad, plays a factor in whether a team wins the ultimate prize. Corbin was one of the best teams in the state the past two seasons. They were THE best team in the state in '23, in my opinion. Hell, even with Q's contributions, the Hounds were separated from a win by a few high hurdle infractions. Sometimes , it's just not your day. The Hounds have had 41 of those.
Corbin wasn't beating cov cath either Corbin was 3 or 4 in 4a

Big Grin
Doug let me stir the pot some I know the truth but I love chaos

stir it and liven the place up. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Advicegiver74
(11-27-2023, 03:49 PM)HighViz Wrote: 2 pages of

Would
Could
If
But
Should

I Love it!  Our fans are the worst!  We the best, the biggest, the baddest!  Problem is it is all talk though.  Only actions coming from the 29-25 milepost on I75 is Greed/Crookedness.

Send all the good players to Goldbug so I can watch my team win Smile
  • Bull got out!
(11-25-2023, 11:21 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 08:34 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: Clay Clevenger fits the bill to a T for the Redhounds…..but like Haddix he has a great upside for moving up……so it would have to be a sweet deal
Why in the world would he jump into that dumpster fire…… wishful thinking!!!!

$$$ talks 

Corbin 48-21
Corbin 45-7

Big Grin

And a place to stay.

Come to the light and support The Colonels Smile
(11-27-2023, 09:45 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: It is safe to say they won’t be there…..trying to whip up the ire of other people so they will go do the dirty work. 

The one sensible thing I have seen is about homegrown kids being over looked and hired guns brought in to fill the void left by the overlooked players.  At some point those kids will either stop playing or move to other schools.  It won’t be as long as you think either.  I look for one school in the tri county area to make a move soon to right their ship with a championship level coach.

Lynn Camp?
  • Shogun
(11-27-2023, 10:10 PM)In Deuce8 Wrote:

$$$ talks 

Corbin 48-21
Corbin 45-7

I’ll play along.  

I do honestly get tired of an argument like 4a should beat 2a. Well, it’s still an 11 v 11 game. If that logic worked like you say, then why in the 2019 year would you play Hazard? Williamsburg? Russellville? Wouldn’t that mean it’s scheduling cupcakes in a lower class because they’re smaller thus being inferior? But then Somerset scheduled larger schools that same year right?  And won? Yes? Somerset played quality opponents and won all but one game, regardless of class size. 

Somerset is a fine school and a proud tradition of football. They have the recency bias of winning one title in your life time which makes you at least 4 years old. But there are people who went an entire lifetime and their son’s lifetime and didn’t see one at Somerset. 110+ years. 

Corbin may not have the recent title Somerset has but they routinely and consistently beat Somerset in athletics. Thats a scary fact for some people in your town. And that’s ok to be someone’s whipping boy. Someone has to be that person. You are jealous of the success when it’s head to head. Its ok, I would be as well. 

Dumpster fires seems to be your phrase and I’ll reiterate you can brag, you can cheer, you can taunt, but if the program was so great then they don’t go winless two years after a championship. They don’t go .500 three years after. 

RPI? Who the hell did you play and beat? Honestly. Corbin gets beat my one team all year which I’ll concede is the best team in the state, regardless of class. That said, who did you beat? Or are you going to say they should have beat Campbellsville and Glasgow? Regardless of the score, they still lost. And poor little 2a Owensboro Catholic embarrassed you. 

Clay Clevenger, as of today, seems like the best hire because a 10-win season. A district and regional title. Kudos for that. But what a gift of a schedule until the final 4. If you’re honest with yourself, and you won’t be because you have proven you can’t, Somerset was a paper tiger until you played good teams and wound up on the wrong side of the scoring column. For someone’s team who almost lost at home to Russell County…you sure love to gloat. 

Given time, Clevenger will do great things. He has a proven record wherever he has been. Somerset will be no different. 

Corbin’s problem is they hire within their circle instead of stepping out of it. Who knows what the future holds but regardless of how you feel and what you think, Corbin will always be a better job until the administration and leadership at Somerset decides to be competing at all sports instead of just football. 

Until then, stop living in the glory of 2019. Be proud of what you have but stop acting like the grass is greener when it sure had been pretty brown, especially the two seasons prior.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DangerMouse's post:
  • Deuce8
If the Corbin Good Ol' Boys would give Coach Clevinger the keys to the Redhound kingdom and let him run things without interference from dildos like Greer, Cox, Burley Foley, the Hart's, Jewell, Creepy Paul, Varsity Club meddlers, and on and on and on, then the program would flourish. Clay is a good fit for Corbin if all those people would suddenly, and mysteriously, get raptured into a fiery eternal hell.
Are you going to bring this grievance before the board tonight? It's the perfect opportunity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Shogun
I’ve called and asked the board to live stream the board meeting so that the 4 guys pissed off on here could be heard by the entire world. (Not really I just lied like they do)
I’ll be waiting tonight to watch you all step away from the keyboard and ask Cox to his face why he allows Corbin to finish as one of the best school systems in the state when the football team can only finish 12-1 and is in shambles.

So excited to see you tough guys get your day in front of these guys. They should be ashamed that they’re only like #2 in the state in both academics and football. It’s #1 or bust around here
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Shogun
(11-28-2023, 04:02 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: If the Corbin Good Ol' Boys would give Coach Clevinger the keys to the Redhound kingdom and let him run things without interference from dildos like Greer, Cox, Burley Foley, the Hart's, Jewell, Creepy Paul, Varsity Club meddlers, and on and on and on, then the program would flourish. Clay is a good fit for Corbin if all those people would suddenly, and mysteriously,  get raptured into a fiery eternal hell.

I doubt Clevenger would leave at this point, especially for a job after 1 season at his current location. 

I’d probably be on the phone with someone like a Brandon Smith at South Warren, Keegan Kendrick at Bullitt East if a coach with a title means all. If not but you’re looking for someone who I think has a rising stock, someone like Jason Foley at Southwestern would be a good call. I’m sure Johnny Hines would chip in to see him go Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes DangerMouse's post:
  • Deuce8
Do you all actually think Greer is not going to be the coach next year? Serious question.
(11-28-2023, 02:12 PM)DangerMouse Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 10:10 PM)In Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 12:31 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: $$$ talks 

Corbin 48-21
Corbin 45-7

I’ll play along.  

I do honestly get tired of an argument like 4a should beat 2a. Well, it’s still an 11 v 11 game. If that logic worked like you say, then why in the 2019 year would you play Hazard? Williamsburg? Russellville? Wouldn’t that mean it’s scheduling cupcakes in a lower class because they’re smaller thus being inferior? But then Somerset scheduled larger schools that same year right?  And won? Yes? Somerset played quality opponents and won all but one game, regardless of class size. 

Somerset is a fine school and a proud tradition of football. They have the recency bias of winning one title in your life time which makes you at least 4 years old. But there are people who went an entire lifetime and their son’s lifetime and didn’t see one at Somerset. 110+ years. 

Corbin may not have the recent title Somerset has but they routinely and consistently beat Somerset in athletics. Thats a scary fact for some people in your town. And that’s ok to be someone’s whipping boy. Someone has to be that person. You are jealous of the success when it’s head to head. Its ok, I would be as well. 

Dumpster fires seems to be your phrase and I’ll reiterate you can brag, you can cheer, you can taunt, but if the program was so great then they don’t go winless two years after a championship. They don’t go .500 three years after. 

RPI? Who the hell did you play and beat? Honestly. Corbin gets beat my one team all year which I’ll concede is the best team in the state, regardless of class. That said, who did you beat? Or are you going to say they should have beat Campbellsville and Glasgow? Regardless of the score, they still lost. And poor little 2a Owensboro Catholic embarrassed you. 

Clay Clevenger, as of today, seems like the best hire because a 10-win season. A district and regional title. Kudos for that. But what a gift of a schedule until the final 4. If you’re honest with yourself, and you won’t be because you have proven you can’t, Somerset was a paper tiger until you played good teams and wound up on the wrong side of the scoring column. For someone’s team who almost lost at home to Russell County…you sure love to gloat. 

Given time, Clevenger will do great things. He has a proven record wherever he has been. Somerset will be no different. 

Corbin’s problem is they hire within their circle instead of stepping out of it. Who knows what the future holds but regardless of how you feel and what you think, Corbin will always be a better job until the administration and leadership at Somerset decides to be competing at all sports instead of just football. 

Until then, stop living in the glory of 2019. Be proud of what you have but stop acting like the grass is greener when it sure had been pretty brown, especially the two seasons prior.
Since 1935 Corbin is 43-21-5
Good for 62.3 win percentage 
Against Somerset !! 
You are correct the grass has been a lil brown the last 2 seasons, as Somerset dealt with the sickness and ultimate passing of their leader in coach Lucas …. 
Somerset has never backed down from competition . I’ve always loved when Somerset played Corbin and looked forward to those games. But to act like Corbin is just wayyyyy better of a job is Crazy ….

(11-28-2023, 10:18 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Corbin 48-21
Corbin 45-7

You discredited yourself from being a serious poster.
OSH coming from you that is a compliment….. LMFAO
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • DangerMouse
(11-28-2023, 09:30 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Do you all actually think Greer is not going to be the coach next year?  Serious question.

I’ve heard he wont be. However it has nothing to do with coaching. Or the tough guys on here lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Deuce8
Tommy has been eyeing an administrative job for quite some time. Corbin will probably have a head coaching vacancy. If so, odds are it will be another sham show like the last one. Would a top notch coach outside of the area even bother going through the process this time, after how Eddie James was treated?
(11-29-2023, 12:14 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Tommy has been eyeing an administrative job for quite some time. Corbin will probably have a head coaching vacancy. If so, odds are it will be another sham show like the last one. Would a top notch coach outside of the area even bother going through the process this time, after how Eddie James was treated?

This will get interesting if and when a announcement is officially made of a vacancy. Its going to happen sooner or later. I think its always eye opening who puts in when that time comes. Always big names go fishing..
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, Old School Hound
(11-29-2023, 12:14 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Tommy has been eyeing an administrative job for quite some time. Corbin will probably have a head coaching vacancy. If so, odds are it will be another sham show like the last one. Would a top notch coach outside of the area even bother going through the process this time, after how Eddie James was treated?
If the job opens and the superintendent or his cronies of Hart or Foley hasn't contacted you directly about the job.... Run, Run, Run away as fast as you can, because you have no chance no matter how good you are!  This is the Corbin way!  Just ask anyone associated with the last hire (especially Eddie James!)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ogre's post:
  • Old School Hound

Corbin 48-21
Corbin 45-7

I’ll play along.  

It's a little bit disingenuous to say that it took Somerset 110 years to win a championship.  No one could win an on field championship until 1959 when football was classed.  Before then, all you could win was a conference championship or be voted mythical state champions by a newspaper.  If you go by that standard, Somerset actually was declared state champions a couple of times.  And lets not pretend like Corbin was just rolling off state championships throughout their history.  They have won 3, all in a 6 year period from 1976-1982.  That was a great stretch for Corbin for sure.  But other than that, they're what, 0-7 in the finals?  The Corbin fans act like they should be winning the state championship every couple of years, and except for one great run, that has never been the case, and likely won't ever be the case.  

As for Somerset being Corbin's whipping boy in athletics, that isn't exactly the case. 
Since the KHSAA started the scoreboard in 1998 Somerset is: 
12-10 vs Corbin in Boy's Soccer
16-6 vs Corbin in Girl's Soccer
2-5 vs Corbin in Boy's Basketball
4-4 vs Corbin in Gir's Basketball
16-11 vs Corbin in Baseball 
and 10-8 vs Corbin in Softball
I don't see Corbin making the Briar Jumpers their whipping boy according to those records. 
As for the administration not putting empahasis on sports other than football, that just isn't true.  The only sports that Somerset has struggled to produce winning teams over the past 20 years is Girl's Basketball and Volleyball.  The Girl's Basketball program hasn't been awful, but hasn't been the same since Judie Mason left.  And Volleyball struggles because it is hard for a smaller school to have enough good female athletes to have really good teams in team sports that compete at the same time.  That's just life at a smaller school.  

As for Corbin being that much better of a job?  Is it?  You want Deuce8 to "quit living in the glory of 2019", when you're living in the glory of 76-82?  Sure, Corbin has been better than Somerset head to head the last 25 years.  But the fact remains, in most years they have every bit as good a shot, and a lot of times  a better shot, to win a state championship as the Redhounds.  That's been proven on the field. And they don't produce the soap opera that exists in Corbin.  The Redhounds job is a lot like the Texas A&M job in the SEC.  They have all the resources needed to be successful, and their fans think they should be playing in the SEC championship every year.  But their actual value is way less than the sum of their parts.  Until you get rid of the toxic cloud that is produced either by the fans or the "Glory Days" guys around the program/administration we're going to get 5-10 of these threads at the end of each season as the championship drought grows longer.
[-] The following 5 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • Deuce8, Hatz, HenryHankHill, Holy Bull, Waitaminute
(11-29-2023, 11:15 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 03:57 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Not even close …….. lmfao Somerset has won a title within the last 4 years ….. Corbin has not won one in the last 4 decades+!!!!!!! And came in to Historic Campbell field in 2019 and smacked them puppy’s ….. Not even close ……… hahahaha smoke ya another one …. Somerset got that $$$$$$$$$ too son ..

Corbin 48-21
Corbin 45-7

I’ll play along.  

It's a little bit disingenuous to say that it took Somerset 110 years to win a championship.  No one could win an on field championship until 1959 when football was classed.  Before then, all you could win was a conference championship or be voted mythical state champions by a newspaper.  If you go by that standard, Somerset actually was declared state champions a couple of times.  And lets not pretend like Corbin was just rolling off state championships throughout their history.  They have won 3, all in a 6 year period from 1976-1982.  That was a great stretch for Corbin for sure.  But other than that, they're what, 0-7 in the finals?  The Corbin fans act like they should be winning the state championship every couple of years, and except for one great run, that has never been the case, and likely won't ever be the case.  

As for Somerset being Corbin's whipping boy in athletics, that isn't exactly the case. 
Since the KHSAA started the scoreboard in 1998 Somerset is: 
12-10 vs Corbin in Boy's Soccer
16-6 vs Corbin in Girl's Soccer
2-5 vs Corbin in Boy's Basketball
4-4 vs Corbin in Gir's Basketball
16-11 vs Corbin in Baseball 
and 10-8 vs Corbin in Softball
I don't see Corbin making the Briar Jumpers their whipping boy according to those records. 
As for the administration not putting empahasis on sports other than football, that just isn't true.  The only sports that Somerset has struggled to produce winning teams over the past 20 years is Girl's Basketball and Volleyball.  The Girl's Basketball program hasn't been awful, but hasn't been the same since Judie Mason left.  And Volleyball struggles because it is hard for a smaller school to have enough good female athletes to have really good teams in team sports that compete at the same time.  That's just life at a smaller school.  

As for Corbin being that much better of a job?  Is it?  You want Deuce8 to "quit living in the glory of 2019", when you're living in the glory of 76-82?  Sure, Corbin has been better than Somerset head to head the last 25 years.  But the fact remains, in most years they have every bit as good a shot, and a lot of times  a better shot, to win a state championship as the Redhounds.  That's been proven on the field. And they don't produce the soap opera that exists in Corbin.  The Redhounds job is a lot like the Texas A&M job in the SEC.  They have all the resources needed to be successful, and their fans think they should be playing in the SEC championship every year.  But their actual value is way less than the sum of their parts.  Until you get rid of the toxic cloud that is produced either by the fans or the "Glory Days" guys around the program/administration we're going to get 5-10 of these threads at the end of each season as the championship drought grows longer.
No changes forthcoming, business as usual..
Thank you Walt. Excellent post. Might add that in 1982, if Boyle doesn’t pull off their one point win upset over the Jumpers, they would have won the AA title that year instead of Corbin.
[-] The following 3 users Like Hatz's post:
  • Deuce8, Shogun, Walt Longmire
Winners focus on Winning, Losers focus on Winners.

Seems like Corbin needs to focus on winning not winners.
[-] The following 2 users Like AverageJoe's post:
  • Cowboy42, HenryHankHill