Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paducah Tilghman
37.14%
Covington Catholic
62.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paducah Tilghman at Covington Catholic 11/24 4th Round Playoffs
Paducah Tilghman (13-0)
Aug 19, 23 McCracken County away (W) 42 - 7 
Aug 25, 23 Graves County away (W) 42 - 18 
Sep 1, 23 Mayfield home (W) 35 - 28 
Sep 8, 23 Henderson County away (W) 42 - 27 
Sep 15, 23 Hopkinsville home (W) 44 - 14 
Sep 22, 23 Allen County-Scottsville home (W) 42 - 7 
Sep 29, 23 Logan County home (W) 63 - 20 
Oct 13, 23 Warren East away (W) 70 - 20 
Oct 20, 23 Calloway County away (W) 70 - 7 
Oct 27, 23 Russellville home (W) 56 - 0 
Nov 3, 23 Breckinridge County home (W) 70 - 0  Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 10, 23 Warren East home (W) 56 - 7 Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 17, 23 Spencer County home (W) 42 - 0  Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Covington Catholic (13-0)
Aug 18, 23 Ryle home (W) 37 - 22 
Aug 25, 23 Highlands away (W) 35 - 21 
Sep 1, 23 Simon Kenton away (W) 50 - 12 
Sep 8, 23 Dixie Heights home (W) 31 - 24 
Sep 15, 23 Beechwood away (W) 35 - 31 
Sep 22, 23 Holmes home (W) 61 - 0 
Sep 29, 23 Grant County away (W) 56 - 6 
Oct 13, 23 Harrison County home (W) 56 - 6 
Oct 20, 23 Mason County away (W) 50 - 14 
Oct 27, 23 Campbell County home (W) 35 - 7 
Nov 3, 23 Greenup County home (W) 49 - 12 Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 10, 23 Ashland Blazer home (W) 35 - 28 Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 17, 23 Johnson Central home (W) 31 - 0 Class 4A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Recent History
NONE
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...696a656543
PT will have to stay disiplined, and if they do, I think they have to much speed for CC.
Cov Cath by 2td.
I believe PT’s weak schedule catches up with them this week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Cafe Mocha
PT by 2tds.

They have a transfer in from Ga that jump the Quisenberry from boyle in rankings. Athletes all over the field.
PT by 3 scores.
Cov Cath
This is a game that I hope to attend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rip/Spin's post:
  • smoke1015
PT …… by 10
Pulling for PT, but cannot say I know anything about this years CC team. I have seen Tilghman however and it’s the best PT team I have seen in a very long time. They are the real deal, but when you get to the Semifinals, the other teams usually are as well.

If they make it to State and Mayfield does as well, I will be watching both teams play. The Blue Tornados may be our rival, but I don’t hate them and would love to see them bring home a trophy. Get it done PTHS.
GO BIG BLUE
(11-19-2023, 05:32 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: PT by 3 scores.

Comical. LOL!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(11-20-2023, 05:34 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Comical. LOL!

Remind me how comical after the game. If I’m wrong I will admit it. However, I don’t believe I am.
PT has been underestimated all season. Just 2 years ago they were playing for a state championship with basically freshman and nearly pulled it off. Last year those same kids went to CAL and just missed the upset 30-24.

This year they’ve got in some game changing playmakers to go with what they already had, and they are dominant. I honestly think they will be your 4a champs, and could potentially be the best in the state this year.

4a is loaded, but something tells me that PT is just a bit better.

I’m rolling with the Tornado 49-28. Boyle and Corbin thought the state title was played last week, but PT will put them on notice soon enough that it in fact was just a 3rd round game.
(11-20-2023, 10:56 AM)mysonis55 Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 05:34 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Comical. LOL!

Remind me how comical after the game. If I’m wrong I will admit it. However, I don’t believe I am.

You know for sure that I'll remind you. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(11-20-2023, 11:46 AM)Redbird Believer Wrote: PT has been underestimated all season. Just 2 years ago they were playing for a state championship with basically freshman and nearly pulled it off. Last year those same kids went to CAL and just missed the upset 30-24.

This year they’ve got in some game changing playmakers to go with what they already had, and they are dominant. I honestly think they will be your 4a champs, and could potentially be the best in the state this year.

I’m rolling with the Tornado 49-28. Boyle and Corbin thought the state title was played last week, but PT will put them on notice soon enough that it in fact was just a 3rd round game.

They are definitely not 3 TD favorites against undefeated Covington Catholic.
Guarantee you nobody in BC has crowned themselves champs because of a W last Friday. Assuming BC takes care of the next game Friday, that’s when coach Haddix, staff and team will start looking toward the championship game and whoever the opponent is Boyle will be ready
[-] The following 1 user Likes CC117's post:
  • Jack Lambert
I think PT can give anybody a scare including Boyle if they get by Covington Catholic.
(11-20-2023, 12:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 11:46 AM)Redbird Believer Wrote: PT has been underestimated all season. Just 2 years ago they were playing for a state championship with basically freshman and nearly pulled it off. Last year those same kids went to CAL and just missed the upset 30-24.

They may not be 3 TD favorites in your eyes or many others. That’s fine. Mayfield was the underdog last week, and well, we see how that played out. I’m not asking you to agree with me, nor should you expect me to agree with you. I’m just stating what I believe. I could be wrong, but I doubt PT gets beat. Too much speed and talent on their side.
My question is how do you know Tilghman is so good outside of a good Mayfield team they have absolutely played no one that’s even in the same Stratosphere as the other 3 teams left in 4A, weak schedule’s will catch up with you when you get this deep into the playoffs!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • nemo
Of the final 4, BC’s resume against the competition is undeniably the most impressive. Wins against Frederick Douglass, LCA, LexCath, Scott Co, Corbin, and a good team from Indiana. I might also add that this Boyle team also has speed & athletes all over the field. And a senior class that hopes to play for a 4th ring. Hopefully BC beats Franklin and PT beats CovCath and we’ll see in the finals
  • Jack Lambert
(11-20-2023, 01:25 PM)Redbird Believer Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 12:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

They may not be 3 TD favorites in your eyes or many others. That’s fine. Mayfield was the underdog last week, and well, we see how that played out. I’m not asking you to agree with me, nor should you expect me to agree with you. I’m just stating what I believe. I could be wrong, but I doubt PT gets beat. Too much speed and talent on their side.

I don't care who believes who. lol. I thought Mayfield would win last week. I don't think Tilghman can beat Covington Catholic by 3 TD's.
Well considering what Mayfield done to LCA and Tilghman beat Mayfield, looks like to me PT has a great chance and Boyle. Boyle didn’t beat the brakes off LCA. Should be a War.
It was also BC’s 2nd game of the year…so there’s that. The defense has come a long way since then. Just ask Frederick Douglass and Corbin
  • Jack Lambert
I believe Boyle Co beat LCA by 9, on their own field. Mayfield beat LCA by 22 on their own field. PT beat Mayfield by 7 on their own field. The numbers add up.
So Boyle’s D didn’t improve throughout the year? Mayfield didn’t improve at all since PT played them? Makes sense. On any given night any team can beat any other team. PT very well may be all that & then some. But if BC makes it for a 4th trip in a row, their experience on that stage, having coach Haddix, and their strength of schedule all year are the numbers I would bet on come Dec 1st if I were a betting man
Boyle LCA 2nd game of the season enough said and LCA’s defense gave up a lot of points to the better teams they played this year defense was not their strong suit!

(11-20-2023, 02:19 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: I believe Boyle Co beat LCA by 9, on their own field. Mayfield beat LCA by 22 on their own field. PT beat Mayfield by 7 on their own field. The numbers add up.

(11-20-2023, 02:19 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: I believe Boyle Co beat LCA by 9, on their own field. Mayfield beat LCA by 22 on their own field. PT beat Mayfield by 7 on their own field. The numbers add up.

Come on 55 your a football guy do you actually think Boyle’s defense is the same as it was against LCA the second game of the season?
(11-20-2023, 02:33 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Boyle LCA 2nd game of the season enough said and LCA’s defense gave up a lot of points to the better teams they played this year defense was not their strong suit!

Come on 55 your a football guy do you actually think Boyle’s defense is the same as it was against LCA the second game of the season?
I 100% agree with that. That was what I couldn’t figure as to how they kept getting the lions share of press. Champions have to play defense. Offense is nice but, defense wins the big one. I’m not just saying what I said because of the scores. I’m basing it on the talent that I see on the field. I’ve watched high school ball for many years. I cannot recall a more talented team than PT has this year. That is saying a lot. Now, can they penalize and turnover themselves into losing, yes. That is the best bet for Cov Cath or Boyle against PT. Just remember how much everyone thought of them 2 years ago, as sophomores, when they almost beat Belfry in the 3a title game. This is that bunch as seniors, only with more talent, including 2 four star athletes added to the mix.
(11-20-2023, 02:44 PM)mysonis55 Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 02:33 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Boyle LCA 2nd game of the season enough said and LCA’s defense gave up a lot of points to the better teams they played this year defense was not their strong suit!

I 100% agree with that. That was what I couldn’t figure as to how they kept getting the lions share of press. Champions have to play defense. Offense is nice but, defense wins the big one. I’m not just saying what I said because of the scores. I’m basing it on the talent that I see on the field. I’ve watched high school ball for many years. I cannot recall a more talented team than PT has this year. That is saying a lot. Now, can they penalize and turnover themselves into losing, yes. That is the best bet for Cov Cath or Boyle against PT. Just remember how much everyone thought of them 2 years ago, as sophomores, when they almost beat Belfry in the 3a title game. This is that bunch as seniors, only with more talent, including 2 four star athletes added to the mix.

Two years ago they let one player singlehandedly beat them. I wasn't overly impressed with that.
Have you watched Boyle? Serious question. Because this is the best Boyle team I have seen in years. Corbin was averaging 41 points a game and got 14. They had allowed 56 all year in 12 games and Boyle got 21. Boyle was tested several times during the year and found a way. When you get punched in the mouth and survive it really helps in December. Did PT trail at all during the season? Maybe in the Mayfield game and that was how long ago? Corbin never got challenged either. Just saying. And I believe that’s at least some of the thinking for PT this week vs CovCath.