Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville's New Weight room...
I got these pics from another site...I think you can click on the picture below to make it bigger.

Pretty impressive stuff.

Seeing these made me wonder what people think is the BEST weight room in Eastern Kentucky and why?
Here are the actual racks...it didn't come off as cleanly as the other pics.
Looks good.:Thumbs:
Looks average to me..
Panther1 Wrote:I got these pics from another site...I think you can click on the picture below to make it bigger.

Pretty impressive stuff.

Seeing these made me wonder what people think is the BEST weight room in Eastern Kentucky and why?

I think, personally from having a competition in it, that the best weight room in Eastern Kentucky is Lawrence County's weight room.
CFWM I don't know about having the best weight room, but Prestonsburg has top of the line powerracks. They are red and black and they have Prestonsburg Blackcats Stitched around a football into the leather on the benches. And all kinds of other new stuff.
Pikeville's new stuff does look very good tho.
Blackcat75 Wrote:CFWM I don't know about having the best weight room, but Prestonsburg has top of the line powerracks. They are red and black and they have Prestonsburg Blackcats Stitched around a football into the leather on the benches. And all kinds of other new stuff.

I've seen P'burgs and LOVE their racks too. One thing they have I'm not sure if Pikeville's has that I liked was a "dip attachment" that lets you do DIPS right in the rack...no need for a separate dip station.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Looks average to me..

Definitely entitled to your opinion, but was wondering who else's you've seen that is comparable around here?

Saying it's "average" means it's no better than MOST of the other ones. I can see why someone might say a FEW others' are BETTER (Lawrence Co. comes to mind), but to say it's "average" would mean it's on par with Shelby Valley's (which I heard is like lifting in a closet), Sheldon Clark's (whose has said on this site to have all out-dated, rusty equipment), Pike Central's (which was described on here as "a dungeon"), etc., etc., etc.

Not trying to pick a fight, just wondering whose you think compares to this one which has 8 fully-equipped all new space-saving Power Racks, all new Bumper Plates for Olympic Lifts, new Plyo boxes, and all the open space for quickness and toughness drills?
I have never seen it, but I would assume that Belfry has an outstanding weight room, and I would be disappointed if they didn't.
looks good to me i wish we had one like that at sf
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I have never seen it, but I would assume that Belfry has an outstanding weight room, and I would be disappointed if they didn't.

Belfry has basically the same equipment from the same manufacturer (and I believe the same number of them as Pikeville has), but, I heard their coaches weren't real happy about how little indoor workout space their new weightroom has compared to the old one (but that's second-hand info...can't say I heard it myself).

I heard the Pikeville coaches commenting on how that's the BEST thing about their new equipment...that it freed up a lot of open space for quickness drills, plyometrics, wrestling, boxing, etc.
Belfry's puts it to shame! Letcher Central is building a Field House next to there State of the Art facility. Going to be huge! Coach Howard thinks it will be one of the tops in the state!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Belfry's puts it to shame! Letcher Central is building a Field House next to there State of the Art facility. Going to be huge! Coach Howard thinks it will be one of the tops in the state!

Again, not picking a fight...but asking for clarification. I've seen Belfry's and I've seen Pikeville's. Can you speak to SPECIFICS about why Belfry's is head and shoulders better? They have the same number of power racks, built by the same company, with the same accessories...however, Belfry has less space for indoor drill work.

And also, you've pointed out only TWO other facilities (one of which isn't even a reality yet). Still doesn't help your point that Pikeville's is "average."
Panther1 Wrote:Again, not picking a fight...but asking for clarification. I've seen Belfry's and I've seen Pikeville's. Can you speak to SPECIFICS about why Belfry's is head and shoulders better? They have the same number of power racks, built by the same company, with the same accessories...however, Belfry has less space for indoor drill work.

And also, you've pointed out only TWO other facilities (one of which isn't even a reality yet). Still doesn't help your point that Pikeville's is "average."
Bro, if you want to hear it and if it will make you sleep better..then Pikeville's weight room is STATE OF THE ART. BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN! If you want to see a weightroom, go to Cincinatti Moeller online and look at there weight room. My brother played football there and started 3 years..when he showed me pics..JAWDROPPING AND UNREAL! Now that is a weightroom that doesnt look like a dungeon with plyometric boxes!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Bro, if you want to hear it and if it will make you sleep better..then Pikeville's weight room is STATE OF THE ART. BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN! If you want to see a weightroom, go to Cincinatti Moeller online and look at there weight room. My brother played football there and started 3 years..when he showed me pics..JAWDROPPING AND UNREAL! Now that is a weightroom that doesnt look like a dungeon with plyometric boxes!
I was in there in monaday and saw it first hand, Very impressive for around here. I would expect a great weight room from Moeller, If Pikeville had 750,000 residents like Cincy has to pull all that school tax money from plus all the gazillionaires who donate to the program(Like former Bengals lineman Anthony Munoz) I would expect no less.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Now that is a weightroom that doesnt look like a dungeon with plyometric boxes!
its not a Dungeon, the lighting isnt very good in the pictures but TAKE MY WORD FOR IT it looks great.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Bro, if you want to hear it and if it will make you sleep better..then Pikeville's weight room is STATE OF THE ART. BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN! If you want to see a weightroom, go to Cincinatti Moeller online and look at there weight room. My brother played football there and started 3 years..when he showed me pics..JAWDROPPING AND UNREAL! Now that is a weightroom that doesnt look like a dungeon with plyometric boxes!

Will never hear me assert that Pikeville's (or anyone else's in Kentucky) is up to speed with a place like MOELLER.

And I didn't post what I did to imply that I was "mad atcha" or "couldn't sleep at night" because you weren't impressed. Sorry you felt defensive to the point to need to patronize and say things you don't mean.

Just simply wanted to know -- due to my ignorance of how EKy. schools facilities are (I'm not from around here) -- if Pikeville's was really "average" or, like I'd thought, somewhat better than that.

Only bringing up Moeller, Belfry's (without any specifics as to WHY it's better), and Letcher County's "dream facility (which doesn't even EXIST right now) I guess helps me realize that maybe Pikeville's IS above average.

And, I'd say for a school its size, maybe it IS even the best anywhere else in the state??? Again, not sure, but I've seen several from around Ky., Indiana, and Ohio and can't think of any other A school or AA school (other than what I've heard Corbin has in SEKy.) that would be better.

For Ky. small schools: Beechwood people themselves complain about theirs, Danville is definitely "dungeon-like" (but both they and Beechwood sure find a way to get a LOT done in it!), I have no idea about Mayfield or Bardstown or Paintsville, I heard Lynn Camp has something new with their new school but not sure how much space they have or what kind of equipment they have.

Really just wanted to know if there are any other schools in Eastern Kentucky that seem to be willing to make the COMMITMENT ($$ and otherwise) to SERIOUS football training that Pikeville does. It's obvious that BELFRY is one with their new stuff...any others?
Thanks for all the nice comments...we're REALLY proud of what we've got; won't say it's "the best around" or anything (I'm not from here either and haven't seen many other facilities in the area -- though I do know that Belfry's is VERY nice!).

But more important than WHAT you have is what GETS DONE with it.

I am proud to say that our KIDS (from 7th graders on up) and coaches (above all, maybe the best all-around assistant in the state -- Michael Copley) are getting full-benefit of this great facility and the great equipment.

A BIG thanks has to go to our EXTREMELY supportive administration (both at the Board AND the HS Office -- a real RARITY in HS athletics today), our GREAT Booster Club, and a lot of GENEROUS business-people in this great place.

This is such a great place for football, sometimes I feel like I've died and gone to TEXAS.
CoachJ Wrote:Thanks for all the nice comments...we're REALLY proud of what we've got; won't say it's "the best around" or anything (I'm not from here either and haven't seen many other facilities in the area -- though I do know that Belfry's is VERY nice!).

But more important than WHAT you have is what GETS DONE with it.

I am proud to say that our KIDS (from 7th graders on up) and coaches (above all, maybe the best all-around assistant in the state -- Michael Copley) are getting full-benefit of this great facility and the great equipment.

A BIG thanks has to go to our EXTREMELY supportive administration (both at the Board AND the HS Office -- a real RARITY in HS athletics today), our GREAT Booster Club, and a lot of GENEROUS business-people in this great place.

This is such a great place for football, sometimes I feel like I've died and gone to TEXAS.
Coach I keep tellin you if you keep publicly braggin up Copley youre gonna lose him LOL! Welcome to BGR Coach!!! You might know me better as mountainmojo68.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Belfry's puts it to shame! Letcher Central is building a Field House next to there State of the Art facility. Going to be huge! Coach Howard thinks it will be one of the tops in the state!
:Thumbs:
The weight room is nice, but not the best thing coming and going
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Looks average to me..
:Clap: :Thumbs: :rockon:
i agree.. its a weight room.. nothing big. :thumpsup:
All_state_RB#1 Wrote:i agree.. its a weight room.. nothing big. :thumpsup:
that is correct
yea decent
it think all state and all american are right, their weightroom is nice, but i've seen alot better.
LineBacker #3 Wrote:it think all state and all american are right, their weightroom is nice, but i've seen alot better.
Thank you:Thumbs:
People its a weight room.. ok wow.. havnt u see one befor..
All_state_RB#1 Wrote:People its a weight room.. ok wow.. havnt u see one befor..
Yeah whats the big deal, how pikeville has something nice, what a shocker