Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 14 Lawrence County 6
Belfry is young. I feel like this was LCs year again but couldn’t get it done. Next couple years will be a much harder task for them to win. This group of kids at Belfry is going to be tough. LC might want to put a team like Johnson Central on their schedule if they’re serious about beating Belfry. They definitely have the talent.
If you know anything, you know Lawrence is going to be tough in years to come as well.
(10-01-2023, 12:11 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: If you know anything, you know Lawrence is going to be tough in years to come as well.
I know them very well. I don’t see anyone doing anything different at LC to beat Belfry. Belfry is just as young and will work harder and be better coached. I would love to see LC flip the script and do something to pass Belfry. I just don’t see it happening. Next season they should schedule JC. They’re down and it will be a good game. Bring in a huge gate for both teams and expose anything early on that can be adjusted for Belfry.  In my opinion they do that they will pass Belfry they are that talented.
Honestly, you have no idea how hard the kids at either school might work. LC has changed their scheme, improved their defense, taken their feeder and development programs to the next level and done everything short of importing kids from Huntington High.
If you actually know them well, then you should know what’s coming. If you don’t think that can compete, then you don’t know what you think you know.
Not saying they’ll beat Belfry 19 out of 20 times, but the days of lopsided district games for that top spot are over.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbcooper's post:
  • Granny Bear
(10-01-2023, 09:40 AM)dbcooper Wrote: Honestly, you have no idea how hard the kids at either school might work. LC has changed their scheme, improved their defense, taken their feeder and development programs to the next level and done everything short of importing kids from Huntington High.
If you actually know them well, then you should know what’s coming. If you don’t think that can compete, then you don’t know what you think you know.
Not saying they’ll beat Belfry 19 out of 20 times, but the days of lopsided district games for that top spot are over.
I do know. I know the kids personally. It’s a good group. But it’s not how hard the kids will work individually. I’m talking about Belfry as a program. Their coaches and staff will out work LC. They will play the teams they need to get better and prepare them. I hope not. Would love to see LC come out on top. But Belfry will do the things that most teams are not willing to do. Thats what makes them Belfry.
You know the Lawrence kids personally? Or the Belfry kids? Have you been following the current LC group thru their Turf Bowl titles and their middle school championship? Thru their trips to camps and combines and personal training workouts and surgeries and rehabs and physical therapy?
Again - you have no way of knowing what these kids are investing and no way of knowing who will go where - especially these days - what coach will retire or leave.
What has made Belfry is talent and coaching continuity. A steady approach applied to an influx of talent. It comes in cycles. LC had it and beat the Pirates’ backsides when the first started playing regularly under Chuke Williams.
Then the Doug Howard’s and David Jones and Sani Warrens and Dotsons etc came along and suddenly they started winning titles.
Now the talent is evening out again. Should be fun to watch for those of us who aren’t Nostradamus and can’t see future events and read the minds of 15 year olds and their coaches.
You could be right and it might reset back to 48-12 drubbings on the regular. But if it does, it will be due to things going haywire in LC for some unforeseen reason. Except by you. In which case, I will tip my hat and say you were right.
I’d just like to know what the weather really be the next few weeks - much less what a bunch of teenagers and their attached adults are gonna do over 4-6 years.
For having such a weak schedule, this Bulldog team held Belfry to their lowest scoring total of the season and shut out in the second half. Yes, Belfry had 4 turnovers, a lot of credit goes to LC for being opportunistic and making things happen.