Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
24.00%
Pikeville
76.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Raceland vs Pikeville 9/8
I won't be surprised regardless of the outcome.  It's coin flip game IMO.
(09-03-2023, 10:49 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 10:37 AM)16thregioner Wrote: Everyone realizes the watered down 1A  division is really just this game between Pikeville and Raceland, which has been a distant 2nd the past few seasons.  I took Plant Man’s comment to be a jab at Pikeville’s quest to be recognized as a state power regardless of class.  If that were the case, then yes, they would destroy the Rams.

Belfry taking the Olden Eagles to the woodshed certainly took some of the shine off the Pikeville marketing diamond..as well as some RPI points.
I really don’t get caught up in scores and what this team does to that team. Teams match up differently. I get it…this is a site meant to talk about football but sometimes things that are said are comical. A win is a win and you can’t take away a win from anybody. 

As for this game. I like the Rams chances based on the timing of this game. The Rams are coming of a bye week and Pikeville will be playing their third tough game in as many weeks. This has to be in Racelands favor. I still think the Rams have to play perfect to win. We give up way too many big plays and Pikeville will big play us to death. I’m not giving my prediction yet ….I’ll wait till the end of the week. 

Im planning on coming down early to this one and hitting a bbq joint. I’ve heard it’s pretty good

I've been trying to rationalize the advantages we have going into this one and I've gone back and forth on the bye week logic. I think a bye week past mid-season is a definite winner, especially if you are banged up. I'm not so sure at this point in the season, your biggest gains normally happen between week one and week two, after that, you have diminishing returns each week. They have had three weeks of sizeable returns and we've only had two. Hopefully, our extra prep time outweighs their extra game experience. I think we're climbing further up the mountain but I'm not convinced we're going over the top yet. Unfortunately, I think it's Pikeville by two TD's. Hope I'm wrong.
I’m still trying to find my way to a prediction on this game. Preseason picks I had Pikeville, Highlands, and LCA as games we really shouldn’t win. Not saying we couldn’t, but on paper and historically, we shouldn’t win. But I did predict we would win one out of those 3 games. Imo, this game holds more weight for Raceland as they already have the one loss and in terms of the RPI, losing this game could quite possibly mean Raceland will be on the road late in the playoffs. As stated before, Pikeville already has the advantage of winning on Racelands home turf. A win at Pikeville not only helps the Raceland momentum, but also puts them in the drivers seat to home field through the semis. In any event, I just hope these two teams stay on a course to play each other again at Kroger and not before. Because I’m still a firm believer that these two are the best teams in 1A by at least two TDs, no matter who you put at #3.

Looking at the match up in detail…I think Pikeville still holds the edge at just about every spot that’s not the QB spot, but on his best night, Duty is damn good enough to put the team on his back. To me it comes down to can we avoid giving up the big play and can we make some big plays of our own.
(09-05-2023, 07:44 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I’m still trying to find my way to a prediction on this game. Preseason picks I had Pikeville, Highlands, and LCA as games we really shouldn’t win. Not saying we couldn’t, but on paper and historically, we shouldn’t win. But I did predict we would win one out of those 3 games. Imo, this game holds more weight for Raceland as they already have the one loss and in terms of the RPI, losing this game could quite possibly mean Raceland will be on the road late in the playoffs. As stated before, Pikeville already has the advantage of winning on Racelands home turf. A win at Pikeville not only helps the Raceland momentum, but also puts them in the drivers seat to home field through the semis. In any event, I just hope these two teams stay on a course to play each other again at Kroger and not before. Because I’m still a firm believer that these two are the best teams in 1A by at least two TDs, no matter who you put at #3.

Looking at the match up in detail…I think Pikeville still holds the edge at just about every spot that’s not the QB spot, but on his best night, Duty is damn good enough to put the team on his back. To me it comes down to can we avoid giving up the big play and can we make some big plays of our own.
I honestly think a wagon wheel would have to fall off for Raceland and Pikeville for them to not finish one and two in the RPI. If they don’t then trash the damn system cause there is no other 1A team playing anything close to the competition these two teams are playing
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Glory_Days
As much as I would love to see the Rams win the fact remains that Pikeville has simply owned Raceland for several years and until proven otherwise on the field Pikeville will always be the favorite. My heart wants Raceland to win but if I’m using pure logic it makes no sense to pick against Pikeville.

The big difference I see with the two teams in this game is how it has been approached. Pikeville has seemed to have a business as usual attitude and doesn’t really look at Raceland as being anyone special. The opposite is true for Raceland and Pikeville has been placed on a pedestal and which can cloud how you prepare for an opponent.

Also Pikeville has just had athletes that aren’t at Raceland and that by itself gives them a competitive advantage and an edge that is hard to overcome. Given those factors I think it will take Pikeville playing a subpar game and Raceland playing near perfect for anything other than a Pikeville win to happen. If both teams show up and play exactly to their level then IMO Pikeville will continue being at least a 3 score favorite more times than not.
Hopefully Pikeville offense picks it up a notch this week. They have the athletes. If not I could see one of those 14-3, 17-14, or 12-6 games of the past in this series.
Anyone know if this game will be streamed live?
(09-05-2023, 09:32 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: Anyone know if this game will be streamed live?
Most the time on mountain top sports but I haven’t check it yet to see if they are but I will definitely check it out and let you know
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Slic Ric
(09-05-2023, 10:54 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 09:32 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: Anyone know if this game will be streamed live?
Most the time on mountain top sports but I haven’t check it yet to see if they are but I will definitely check it out and let you know
Thanks Patriot, appreciate it.
It will be streamed on Mountain Top Sports.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • Slic Ric
Pikeville 41-21.
I hope Pikeville wins sorry Ram fans but I believe this will be a game the Rams can win and it depends on their coaching staff but I also think that Pikeville is going to have to open up their playbook a little more to get this win if not it could be long night for the Panthers but it will all be decided Friday night can’t wait don’t be mad Jet just saying what I feel
  • jetpilot
Alert to Ramland seen on Twitter some school in the 16 th region is under investigation and could be taken down for it ok now which one of you guys did it
  • 64SUR
(09-06-2023, 01:27 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I hope Pikeville wins sorry Ram fans but I believe this will be a game the Rams can win and it depends on their coaching staff but I also think that Pikeville is going to have to open up their playbook a little more to get this win if not it could be long night for the Panthers but it will all be decided Friday night can’t wait don’t be mad Jet just saying what I feel

haha respect your opinion 1000% P1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Patriot1
Rams need this game more than Pikeville needs this game. In the past few years it seemed the Rams were completely unprepared for the speed of the Panthers. It may or may not matter at the end of the season but it has to help. Obviously, just seeing them once a year has not worked well haha
Well RAD, Looks like you got that one shut down pretty quick didn’t you. But I will answer your comment again.

We may not have the flashy records some schools have. But we hang our hat in Greenup co. on kid that play through our jfl program and chose to play here. We don’t look for outside help. We just play what we raise. Can the Lambs say that????????

I guess this thread went cold after the Ramland news broke today
(09-06-2023, 10:57 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: Well RAD,  Looks like you got that one shut down pretty quick didn’t you.  But I will answer your comment again. 

We may not have the flashy records some schools have.  But we hang our hat in Greenup co.  on kid that play through our jfl program and chose to play here.  We don’t look for outside help.  We just play what we raise.    Can the Lambs say that????????
We play what everybody raises because we can. Does that make you mad?  IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT MAKES YOU MAD! Because we don’t care. Kids come here because they want to win. Because they have a chance of playing in a title game. Not because they want to win a backyard brawl every thirty years. You have been a bit hurt crybaby on this site since you been on it. Did we reject or cut your kid at some point for you to tear up and cry like you do?
(09-06-2023, 10:57 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: Well RAD,  Looks like you got that one shut down pretty quick didn’t you.  But I will answer your comment again. 

We may not have the flashy records some schools have.  But we hang our hat in Greenup co.  on kid that play through our jfl program and chose to play here.  We don’t look for outside help.  We just play what we raise.    Can the Lambs say that????????

I guess this thread went cold after the Ramland news broke today

Dont put that stuff on this thread either...
Yup, my kids were never good enough to play there. So I’m hurt inside. Lol
Trust me guy, we will meet one day. And I can’t wait to introduce myself. But till then, keep recruiting and hanging your hat on your transfers. We will keep playing our subpar county kids. Going .500 , but hey, at least we do it the right way. Try saying that
Wow. The thread about Nate Bryan’s breaking news completely disappeared. And now threats are being made by admins to stay silent. I guess there’s little doubt now as to which school he was referring to. This feels like a propaganda site now. Where there’s that kind of smoke, there’s fire. Ridiculous.
Truth hurts sometimes
(09-06-2023, 11:16 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Wow.  The thread about Nate Bryan’s breaking news completely disappeared.  And now threats are being made by admins to stay silent.  I guess there’s little doubt now as to which school he was referring to.  This feels like a propaganda site now.  Where there’s that kind of smoke, there’s fire.  Ridiculous.
No. It’s called speculative bull$hit and it shouldn’t be on here.

(09-06-2023, 11:13 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: Yup,  my kids were never good enough to play there.  So I’m hurt inside.  Lol
Trust me guy,  we will meet one day.  And I can’t wait to introduce myself.  But till then,  keep recruiting and hanging your hat on your transfers.  We will keep playing our subpar county kids.  Going .500 , but hey, at least we do it the right way.  Try saying that
I’m scared to death
Well that’s probably the curtain call for this one now. Damn!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaa
(09-06-2023, 11:42 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: Well that’s probably the curtain call for this one now.  Damn!!!!!  Waaaaaaaaaa

Pikeville suffered a big loss this past weekend in the LCA game. Interested to see how the Panthers play on offense and defense this game without this player.
I hate injuries..
Me too. We’ve had a defensive starter out all season so far. May not be back Friday either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-06-2023, 11:47 PM)Tigers Fan Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 11:42 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: Well that’s probably the curtain call for this one now.  Damn!!!!!  Waaaaaaaaaa

Pikeville suffered a big loss this past weekend in the LCA game. Interested to see how the Panthers play on offense and defense this game without this player.

Hadn't heard anything about that. I've been really busy this week with Family. Anyway you could message me and share please. Thanks
What happened to the Wasteland scandal thread? Silencing the truth.
Absolutely unbelievable. I got on here fully expecting beagle to pop back up. And lo and behold. Fwiw, these “investigations” have been going on for years and years. Ever since we started beating the local schools and kids started leaving their programs…this stuff started coming up. Are there things that need changed? Addressed? Most definitely. But as for now it’s all speculation. This crap can’t derail what this site is about. The kids
The best I recall, this site was at its best, or some might say worst, when it wasn’t about “the kids” a decade ago, but rather about Musick, the McPeeks, and the Fairview Eagles. That conversation was led by none other than Raceland fans. I like reading your guys banter on here, but don’t be surprised when your rivals attack when some adults do stupid things that put the progress you’ve made in building a contender at risk.