Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle 47 LCA 38
(08-27-2023, 12:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 12:29 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 10:56 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: LCA probably wins that game if they get those two inches(which they probably did) with a couple minutes left. They probably score with less than a minute left, maybe less.

(08-27-2023, 10:52 AM)know1 Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 02:01 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Congrats to the homestanding chain gang crew. MVPs of the games for Boyle with a couple minutes left. Good "job" on the chains, guys!
Boyle won by 9. And there's no guarantee LCA scores there. Sour grapes.
 Boyle would have likely never gotten the ball back, hotshot. Or, if so, would have had very little to work with. Even the Boyle announce crew indicated the chain crew was gonna get heat from the LCA sideline when they went back over there. Took them forever to get out to the field to measure. Homecooking... If that game's played at Lexington(or Corbin), Boyle loses!

What exactly to you think the chain gang did?  How did walking slowly out to the ball affect anything?  The officials grab the chain where ever the clip is at the they take it out to the ball with the chain crew and then had the sticks to the officials.  The officials decide how fast they run out there.  Sometimes they job, and sometimes they walk.  But what difference would that make anyway.  The chain won't stretch.....and it won't constrict. (That means shorten).

From where I was sitting it looked like they got it but when the chain crew got over to the ball, it wasn't close honestly. Well short of the 1st down by a foot or more..
It was short by a few inches. You must have had a really bad angle.
[-] The following 2 users Like know1's post:
  • Hatz, Rebel55
(08-27-2023, 11:56 AM)HighViz Wrote: As I said. Relax.  We don’t want that smoke.  Or that speed.  The hounds have 2 d1 fball players and a baseball player. Mighty Boyle has 6-7. Lex Cath has 3/4. Oh, and mighty Boyles are juniors and freshman. Not 5th year seniors from Connecticut

Typical. Our hounds are the best. But the last trophy we held was in the early 80s.  This acct is now on the radar as Hart, Greer, Foley, or Cox.
Corbin wins last years championship if either of these had happened:

1. Elam sees Pietrowski wide open for the game winner
2. Tommy had sailed off for Cozumel w/his Latin mistress prior to the game

Talent's hardly ever the issue at Corbin. Coaching is, however.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
(08-27-2023, 12:45 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 12:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 10:56 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: LCA probably wins that game if they get those two inches(which they probably did) with a couple minutes left. They probably score with less than a minute left, maybe less.

(08-27-2023, 10:52 AM)know1 Wrote: Boyle won by 9. And there's no guarantee LCA scores there. Sour grapes.
 Boyle would have likely never gotten the ball back, hotshot. Or, if so, would have had very little to work with. Even the Boyle announce crew indicated the chain crew was gonna get heat from the LCA sideline when they went back over there. Took them forever to get out to the field to measure. Homecooking... If that game's played at Lexington(or Corbin), Boyle loses!

What exactly to you think the chain gang did?  How did walking slowly out to the ball affect anything?  The officials grab the chain where ever the clip is at the they take it out to the ball with the chain crew and then had the sticks to the officials.  The officials decide how fast they run out there.  Sometimes they job, and sometimes they walk.  But what difference would that make anyway.  The chain won't stretch.....and it won't constrict. (That means shorten).

From where I was sitting it looked like they got it but when the chain crew got over to the ball, it wasn't close honestly. Well short of the 1st down by a foot or more..
Did you like the call on the 4th and 2 or would you have put the ball in the breadbasket of Hensley?

Of course, if they don't get the 1st down, I'm not a fan of the call. To me, when you are in these big atmosphere games, you should put the ball in the arms of Hensley maybe on the edge or a QB run behind Hensley opening up the hole. If the up the middle run is getting stuffed, dang run to the long part of the field. Hensley can get 2 yards. But hats off to Boyles defense. They stopped the run all night, I could see LCA lineman getting knocked backwards all night, Boyle is better than advertised..
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, Deuce8, HighViz
(08-27-2023, 12:58 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 11:56 AM)HighViz Wrote: As I said. Relax.  We don’t want that smoke.  Or that speed.  The hounds have 2 d1 fball players and a baseball player. Mighty Boyle has 6-7. Lex Cath has 3/4. Oh, and mighty Boyles are juniors and freshman. Not 5th year seniors from Connecticut

Typical. Our hounds are the best. But the last trophy we held was in the early 80s.  This acct is now on the radar as Hart, Greer, Foley, or Cox.

Talent's hardly ever the issue at Corbin. Coaching  is, however.
We can’t get into Ifs/buts.  Because when you do, it has to go both ways with ifs and buts. Boyle could have done something diff.  

Boyle was faster, more talented as well last year.  Zeismer, Bodner, Quissenberry, and Dawson. Unstoppable 

At the end of the day.  Corbin lost.  Boyle won.   They were outplayed, and for sure outcoached!  Proof Is in the trophy.  Thanks Hart, Foley, Cox and Greer!  It’s all about the “C” baby.   That Haddix boy changed our uniforms, changed our Helmets to the shiny chrome crap. He actually had relationships and pushed them for something bigger than the “c”.  I am done living in the “C” fantasy world.  Ha ha
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Hound05
(08-27-2023, 11:15 AM)HighViz Wrote: Old School Hound.    We don’t want Boyle or LCA.  Boley would break records against our secondary.  Quissenberry and Brown would score at will on the outside as well.  Relax. Hahaha.  You are makin yourself look like you may be Tommy Greer writing such nonsense.

Let’s play out the season. Lex Cath, Johnson Central, Douglas will come soon enuf.  Only game we won is the 343 ranked team in Ohio.

I look nothing like this man:

[Image: https://worker-images.ws.pho.to/i1/898B6...DF03C7.jpg]

(08-27-2023, 02:01 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Congrats to the homestanding chain gang crew. MVPs of the games for Boyle with a couple minutes left. Good "job" on the chains, guys!
Home cooking and Corbin in one sentence. I agree 100% with 2-TD better getting off bus at Corbin. Difference is Haddix notes he keeps on last page of playbook is specifically for Corbin. It’s labeled the Greerend..
(08-27-2023, 12:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

From where we were setting the line to gain was the 24 yard line Boley went down on the 25 yard line and the refs gave him a generous spot at around the 24 1/2 yard line in my mind he clearly didn’t pick up the 1st down and there shouldn’t be any complaints from any fan base Boyle’s defense stepped up and made the stop!
[-] The following 5 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • 64SUR, back country, Bull got out!, CC117, HighViz
(08-27-2023, 01:50 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 11:15 AM)HighViz Wrote: Old School Hound.    We don’t want Boyle or LCA.  Boley would break records against our secondary.  Quissenberry and Brown would score at will on the outside as well.  Relax. Hahaha.  You are makin yourself look like you may be Tommy Greer writing such nonsense.

Let’s play out the season. Lex Cath, Johnson Central, Douglas will come soon enuf.  Only game we won is the 343 ranked team in Ohio.

I look nothing like this man:

[Image: https://worker-images.ws.pho.to/i1/898B6...DF03C7.jpg]

Smile I have cracked up........
(08-27-2023, 02:05 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Home cooking and Corbin in one sentence. I agree 100% with 2-TD better getting off bus at Corbin. Difference is Haddix notes he keeps on last page of playbook is specifically for Corbin. It’s labeled the Greerend..
[Image: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.fec76fc57050...ImgRaw&r=0]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert

Exactly

How convenient. How many D-1 kids were on the field last year for the Hounds?  How many for Boyle?  

if it’s merely coaching, how many titles did Haddix win at Corbin?  Exactly. 

If Boyle makes an extra point vs JC in 2019 I think they win that title and are going for 5 in a row.  See how easy the excuses are?  

When I played Corbin was at the pinnacle of AA football. I think they should have beaten Mayfield in 77 for another title. 

but since then, few and far between.
(08-27-2023, 05:58 PM)Hatz Wrote:

How convenient. How many D-1 kids were on the field last year for the Hounds?  How many for Boyle?  

if it’s merely coaching, how many titles did Haddix win at Corbin?  Exactly. 

If Boyle makes an extra point vs JC in 2019 I think they win that title and are going for 5 in a row.  See how easy the excuses are?  

When I played Corbin was at the pinnacle of AA football. I think they should have beaten Mayfield in 77 for another title. 

but since then, few and far between.

Definitely agree with the bolded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hatz
Corbin definitely seems to be the team that claims they are the best but when they lose it everyone else fault
[-] The following 1 user Likes Advicegiver74's post:
  • HighViz
(08-27-2023, 06:43 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: Corbin definitely seems to be the team that claims they are the best but when they lose it everyone else fault

I think it was both .... No one on Corbin sideline was matching wits with Boyle and Boyle county was more physical .sounds like Corbin problem is off the field the 5 they are talking about cox and company needs to no be involved in football

Advicegiver74, here in red is a post you made last year after the Corbin loss and you said the exact same thing all the Corbin people are saying.. But a about 8 months later you act like Corbin people is nuts for blaming the administration.... Not my words, your words..
(08-27-2023, 07:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 06:43 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: Corbin definitely seems to be the team that claims they are the bestbut when they lose it everyone else fault

I think it was both .... No one on Corbin sideline was matching wits with Boyle and Boyle county was more physical .sounds like Corbin problem is off the field the 5 they are talking about cox and company needs to no be involved in football

Advicegiver74, here in red is a post you made last year after the Corbin loss and you said the exact same thing all the Corbin people are saying.. But a about 8 months later you act like Corbin people is nuts for blaming the administration.... Not my words, your words..
Creepy you got back that far on high school sports and secondly in this very post people were mentioning what ifs were to happen and how it didn't lead to Corbin winning perhaps keep up with the conversation going on now and not stalking my post from a year ago that pretty creepy
(08-27-2023, 09:44 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 06:43 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: Corbin definitely seems to be the team that claims they are the bestbut when they lose it everyone else fault

Creepy you got back that far on high school sports and secondly in this very post people were mentioning what ifs were to happen and how it didn't lead to Corbin winning perhaps keep up with the conversation going on now and not stalking my post from a year ago that pretty creepy

Smile Not really far at all, on your post you aint got two pages worth of comments and it don't take 2 minutes to read that you said the same thing as all of us and then want to act like were crazy? Heck I was just curious who you cheered for. But I see you said the same thing we did. Just saying.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers, Deuce8, Hound05
(08-27-2023, 06:43 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: Corbin definitely seems to be the team that claims they are the best but when they lose it everyone else fault
I don’t recall anyone saying we’ve been the best…. But it’s not everyone else’s fault, just one person and his ego, mentality, and philosophy.
(08-27-2023, 09:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 09:44 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote:

Smile Not really far at all, on your post you aint got two pages worth of comments and it don't take 2 minutes to read that you said the same thing as all of us and then want to act like were crazy? Heck I was just curious who you cheered for. But I see you said the same thing we did. Just saying.
That fair sorry I had a issue with a ex girlfriend and she stalked me so I get super paranoid about stuff like that
[-] The following 1 user Likes Advicegiver74's post:
  • Bull got out!
Did anybody even think to look at the stats of the game? LCA outgained BC 2 to 1. The difference...special teams. The officiating was lopsided, but that shouldn't shock anyone @Boyle after they won there 2 year ago with running backs at QB. LCA had no one like Brown or Quissenberry and still about overcame it.
(08-28-2023, 03:46 PM)badgerbully Wrote: Did anybody even think to look at the stats of the game? LCA outgained BC 2 to 1. The difference...special teams. The officiating was lopsided, but that shouldn't shock anyone @Boyle after they won there 2 year ago with running backs at QB. LCA had no one like Brown or Quissenberry and still about overcame it.

I watched the game in person. Looked at the stats. When LCA has ruffly 80ish plays on the offense, what is scary is the fact that Boyle County won this game with almost half of the time of possesion and play calling. Give Boyle County 80 plays and the score would be 100-37.  Smile

Having said that. LCA is like daylight and different of a team than last season. I honestly don't see LCA losing the rest of the year if they stay healthy. Unless Mayfield or Beechwood is better. I have not got to give those teams a fair shake yet because I havn't seen them. But I know how good they are. But Im telling you right now, this LCA team will be hard to overcome for most teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
(08-28-2023, 04:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 03:46 PM)badgerbully Wrote: Did anybody even think to look at the stats of the game? LCA outgained BC 2 to 1. The difference...special teams. The officiating was lopsided, but that shouldn't shock anyone @Boyle after they won there 2 year ago with running backs at QB. LCA had no one like Brown or Quissenberry and still about overcame it.

I watched the game in person. Looked at the stats. When LCA has ruffly 80ish plays on the offense, what is scary is the fact that Boyle County won this game with almost half of the time of possesion and play calling. Give Boyle County 80 plays and the score would be 100-37.  :)

Having said that. LCA is like daylight and different of a team than last season. I honestly don't see LCA losing the rest of the year if they stay healthy. Unless Mayfield or Beechwood is better. I have not got to give those teams a fair shake yet because I havn't seen them. But I know how good they are. But Im telling you right now, this LCA team will be hard to overcome for most teams.

I believe the time of possession was like 30 minutes to 18 in LCA’s favor.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!, Maroon Beech

What exactly was lopsided about the officiating?  Be specific.
If the officiating was as bad as you mentioned Boyle's other 2 or 3 touch downs that got called back would still be on the score board
Well most of the time when a team stats are 200 and some yards more than the other team they win but I thank the 3 picks is what killed LCA plus special teams of Boyle County now I didn’t see the game and really don’t know about the officiating but offensively LCA went up and down the field more than Boyle the only place they didn’t win on which is the most important is the scoreboard
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • 64SUR
LCA did alot of it to themselves. Personal fouls for late hits. Their line is huge, but they like to hold too. And they got called for it. Boyle had some key penalties too. A huge roughing the passer that cost them what would have been a big stop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CC117's post:
  • Maroon Beech
Boyle won't see a better QB than Boley. This was a good early season win for Boyle.
If Boyle and Corbin meet again, Elam was very impressive last year in the championship game. He may not be as tall as Boley or have all the SEC offers like Boley but he is one of the best I have seen personally in high school over the last several years. He is every bit as capable of beating you on a high school field as Boley
(08-30-2023, 09:22 AM)CC117 Wrote: If Boyle and Corbin meet again, Elam was very impressive last year in the championship game.  He may not be as tall as Boley or have all the SEC offers like Boley but he is one of the best I have seen personally in high school over the last several years.  He is every bit as capable of beating you on a high school field as Boley

No chance.
(08-30-2023, 09:22 AM)CC117 Wrote: If Boyle and Corbin meet again, Elam was very impressive last year in the championship game.  He may not be as tall as Boley or have all the SEC offers like Boley but he is one of the best I have seen personally in high school over the last several years.  He is every bit as capable of beating you on a high school field as Boley
Not to take anything away at all from Elam.  He is a really good QB.  But, no way is he on the same level as Boley.  Boley is a smooth operator with a cannon for a right arm.  May be the best HS QB I’ve ever seen.  His timing, accuracy and arm strength are far better than any other QB in the state.  I seen this morning that he signed a Huge NIL deal with Jay-Z. That young man is a big time talent.
(08-28-2023, 09:39 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 04:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I watched the game in person. Looked at the stats. When LCA has ruffly 80ish plays on the offense, what is scary is the fact that Boyle County won this game with almost half of the time of possesion and play calling. Give Boyle County 80 plays and the score would be 100-37.  Smile

I believe the time of possession was like 30 minutes to 18 in LCA’s favor.

Time of Possession and Net yards is one of the top indicators of who is in control of the game. Much like turnovers and penalty yards, time of possession and net yards don't always tell the entire story. That's no slight to Boyle at all. I think we are talking about 2 top 5 teams here and wish we got more matchups like this!