Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSA Re-Classification 2022
Any news on when the reclassification will be published for next season?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDawgPrez's post:
  • Bull got out!
I was wondering the same thing. Its getting closer.
I think it will be sometime this spring before we hear anything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!
Last I had heard it was suppose to be in December, but it isn't looking promising. Schedules need to be made and that can't happen until the reclass happens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDawgPrez's post:
  • Bull got out!
I’ve heard lots of things lately. Pikeville moving up to 2A but petitioning to play in 3A. Heard Beechwood, Fort Knox, Ballard Memorial all may be coming back down. Heard Russell may drop back down to 2A as well.
Imo, this is something that needs to be resolved by the end of the regular season each time they reclassify.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • HCS
I read on another forum that the January 18th meeting is when the KHSAA board talks about realignment should really heat up, and I think that I saw Jason Frakes post something about the January 18th meeting having to do with the realignment on tweeter .

I just read on Jason Frakes twitter that the board would be sending out realignment numbers as soon as the Football finals were over and the next step would be finding out who wants to play up, maybe we’ll hear something concrete from the January 18th meeting.
(12-05-2022, 01:02 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: I’ve heard lots of things lately. Pikeville moving up to 2A but petitioning to play in 3A. Heard Beechwood, Fort Knox, Ballard Memorial all may be coming back down. Heard Russell may drop back down to 2A as well.
I would be surprised if Beechwood went to 1A, when about half their football team took the extra Covid year.
This is what is on KHSAA website about the re-alignment:

“If things go well with KDE and data collection from the schools, this process could be started in November with the draft alignment presented in January, 2023 with final adoption in February, 2023.”
(12-05-2022, 04:45 PM)IAM22 Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 01:02 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: I’ve heard lots of things lately. Pikeville moving up to 2A but petitioning to play in 3A. Heard Beechwood, Fort Knox, Ballard Memorial all may be coming back down. Heard Russell may drop back down to 2A as well.
I would be surprised if Beechwood went to 1A, when about half their football team took the extra Covid year.

Unless I am mistaken it goes off of actual enrollment numbers and not based just on the football teams numbers. Am I incorrect on that?

I will be very surprised if Pikeville doesn't remain in 1A.
Just looking at the numbers of the last alignment, I would be surprised to see Pikeville step up as well. I was just relaying info that I was given.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Westside
Personally, regardless of what it does for Raceland in terms of having a chance at a title, I’d rather see better schools in each class and fewer classes. Imo it’s better for the game.
(12-05-2022, 04:57 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote:

Unless I am mistaken it goes off of actual enrollment numbers and not based just on the football teams numbers. Am I incorrect on that?
Yes, of course, it goes off total enrollment!
But when you are a 2A school that had that many Covid year male students, it is going to increase you overall male enrollment because they are not graduating at the normal rate.
I didn’t know Beechwood took advantage of that in that large of number.
(12-05-2022, 05:02 PM)Westside Wrote:

(12-05-2022, 05:12 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Just looking at the numbers of the last alignment, I would  be surprised to see Pikeville step up as well. I was just relaying info that I was given.
Looks like based on the last enrollment numbers posted on the KHSAA website, Pikeville is one of the largest 1A schools.

KHSAA 2019/2020 Enrollment Report
(12-05-2022, 05:28 PM)IAM22 Wrote:

But when you are a 2A school that had that many Covid year male students, it is going to increase you overall male enrollment because they are not graduating at the normal rate.

Beechwood only had 8-9 kids that reclassified, and there is no chance that they are dropping back into 1A. Not sure where you get your information, but it’s inaccurate.
As far as who’s moving out I f class A all you gotta do is look at the lowest numbers of enrollment in 2A. If the lowest number in 2A is lower the the highest in 1A then someone is packing their bags. I would imagine Murry’s numbers have dropped off and even Mayfields after that tornado. I was even told West Cater’s numbers are close to being in 1A. I’m not to sure about that one though
The football realignment information has been released on the KHSAA website. Lots of interesting changes.
According to the press release today it looks like we may find out at 1/18/23 meeting or on 2/22/23 at the latest what the realignment picture will be. This is from KHSAA:

“The Board of Control will consider a draft alignment of teams at its next meeting on January 18, 2023, following the receipt of any FB139 forms and drafting of geographic districts by the Commissioner’s office.
It is possible that the alignment will be finalized at that January meeting, but the firm timeline for completion is not later than the Board’s February 22, 2023 meeting“

https://khsaa.org/12-05-22-update-footba...6-seasons/
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Deuce8
(12-05-2022, 07:01 PM)fansville Wrote: According to the press release today it looks like we may find out at 1/18/23 meeting or on 2/22/23 at the latest what the realignment picture will be. This is from KHSAA:

“The Board of Control will consider a draft alignment of teams at its next meeting on January 18, 2023, following the receipt of any FB139 forms and drafting of geographic districts by the Commissioner’s office.
It is possible that the alignment will be finalized at that January meeting, but the firm timeline for completion is not later than the Board’s February 22, 2023 meeting“

I feel this date is too far off. Teams have to make schedules and by prolonging the time frame will make thing very frantic. Not to mention teams that play out of state competition yearly. While we are waiting for information other states are making their schedules
(12-05-2022, 06:04 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 05:28 PM)IAM22 Wrote:

Beechwood only had 8-9 kids that reclassified, and there is no chance that they are dropping back into 1A. Not sure where you get your information, but it’s inaccurate.
Thanks for clarifying.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IAM22's post:
  • Coach00
Beechwood seems to established a thrown in 2A and at this point why would they need to come back to 1A.  I don’t want to see Pikeville move up because as a Raceland fan it would feel like all of the competition had to leave for us to be able to win a title (assuming we won one in that scenario).
The raw numbers are posted on KHSAA web site right now. Classes are also determined but no districts.
(12-05-2022, 05:37 PM)IAM22 Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 05:02 PM)Westside Wrote:

(12-05-2022, 05:12 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Just looking at the numbers of the last alignment, I would  be surprised to see Pikeville step up as well. I was just relaying info that I was given.
Looks like based on the last enrollment numbers posted on the KHSAA website, Pikeville is one of the largest 1A schools.

KHSAA 2019/2020 Enrollment Report

(12-05-2022, 07:31 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 07:01 PM)fansville Wrote: According to the press release today it looks like we may find out at 1/18/23 meeting or on 2/22/23 at the latest what the realignment picture will be. This is from KHSAA:

I feel this date is too far off. Teams have to make schedules and by prolonging the time frame will make thing very frantic. Not to mention teams that play out of state competition yearly. While we are waiting for information other states are making their schedules

(12-05-2022, 09:14 PM)Mingo Wrote: The raw numbers are posted on KHSAA web site right now. Classes are also determined but no districts.
Link

KHSAA Alignment 2023
I doubt Beechwood is moving down to 1a. I have heard Cov Holy Cross and Newport might move down to 1a.
(12-05-2022, 09:21 PM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:
I doubt Beechwood is moving down to 1a. I have heard Cov Holy Cross and Newport might move down to 1a.
There is a link that shows the proposal and it has Beechwood 2a.

Here is the link again for everyone to see:

KHSAA Football Classification 2023
[-] The following 1 user Likes IAM22's post:
  • GOREDDEVILS
Russell per the KHSAA 2023 Classification Looks to Still be in 3A.

It looks like it could go back to a 6 team district

Russell
East Carter
Lewis County
Morgan County
Fleming County
Bath County
Belfry Shows dropping to 2A.
Pikeville shows staying 1A.