Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan
7.69%
Pikeville
92.31%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan @ Pikeville 11/11
Harlan will travel to Pikeville this Friday. 

Harlan (8-3)
Aug 19, 22 Berea home (W) 28 - 22  First Priority Bowl 
Aug 26, 22 East Ridge at Belfry (W) 22 - 16  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 2, 22 Unaka (Elizabethton), TN away (W) 36 - 0 
Sep 16, 22 Middlesboro away (L) 20 - 21 
Sep 23, 22 Sayre home (W) 50 - 42 
Sep 30, 22 Phelps away (W) 50 - 0 
Oct 7, 22 Williamsburg away (L) 16 - 26 
Oct 14, 22 Lynn Camp home (W) 54 - 8 
Oct 21, 22 Pineville home (W) 42 - 20 
Oct 28, 22 Leslie County away (L) 18 - 21 
Nov 4, 22 Sayre home (W) 42 - 7

Pikeville (8-2)
Aug 19, 22 Corbin away (L) 19 - 24 Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic 
Aug 27, 22 Covington Catholic home (L) 19 - 27  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 2, 22 Paintsville away (W) 36 - 0 
Sep 16, 22 Belfry home (W) 48 - 13 
Sep 23, 22 Lexington Christian home (W) 60 - 21 
Sep 30, 22 Madison Central home (W) 50 - 14 
Oct 7, 22 Sayre away (W) 44 - 15 
Oct 15, 22 Russellville at Somerset (W) 42 - 7 
Oct 21, 22 Hazard home (W) 52 - 7 
Nov 4, 22 Lynn Camp home (W) 63 - 0

Thoughts?
Pikeville cruises.
Pikeville
Pikeville 1 game closer..
Pikeville, with no problem
Well after watching a little film, I’m slightly impressed with Harlan. They definitely aren’t very complex offensively but they are physical and have some nice athletes. I still think Pikeville wins but a major rise in competition from last week. The Panthers need to be challenged, a continuous string of cake walks will not be beneficial when a true challenge comes a knockin. I’ll eat a little crow because I thought Hazard would be more of a challenge but I was wrong. I’m not sure that the Panthers players or staff have truly been in a stressful situation since Cov Cath.
Those experiences matter for both players and play callers, but in saying that Pikeville does have a luxury that most other single A schools do not.
At practice when they go team O, they are except for just a very few players, going against their own starting D. And that Defense is typically better than the defense they see on Friday nights. So maybe they haven’t been challenged in 2 months of Friday nights, but they have gotten challenged for 2 months of Monday thru Thursdays. And you better believe that matters.

And the practices remind me of college type scrimmages where you get an offense full of starters vs a defense full of starters. It’s a very spirited completion between both sides of the ball, which is very beneficial for both. I sometimes enjoy those practices more than the games. The games are just the cherry on top, but those practices are the true banana split.
Another blood bath
Makes me think of a fly getting swatted. Splat.
58-12
I just want my friends in Harlan get out and vote tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Granny Bear
Just please don’t vote for the anti coal gang
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Granny Bear, Hound05
Pikeville big and first team defense allows no points and very few yards
Moral victory if Harlan has a first down in the 1st half.
Nope, moral victory if they score on first team
Harlan is not a bad 1A team. Much better than most probably think, but they don’t have the size and depth Pikeville has. I think the Dragons surprise Pikeville for a quarter or so, but Pikeville runs away to a running clock.

Panthers win, 44-14.
(11-07-2022, 09:35 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Harlan is not a bad 1A team. Much better than most probably think, but they don’t have the size and depth Pikeville has. I think the Dragons surprise Pikeville for a quarter or so, but Pikeville runs away to a running clock.

Panthers win, 44-14.
Wins vs Berea East Ridge Phelps Lynn Camp Pineville Unaka TN and Sayre twice

Running clock early
(11-07-2022, 09:35 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Harlan is not a bad 1A team. Much better than most probably think, but they don’t have the size and depth Pikeville has. I think the Dragons surprise Pikeville for a quarter or so, but Pikeville runs away to a running clock.

Panthers win, 44-14.
Wins vs Berea East Ridge Phelps Lynn Camp Pineville Unaka TN and Sayre twice

Running clock early
I was surprised with the score to the Harlan and Sayre game last week. With that being said I don't think any 1A schools will be able to put up 24+ points against this Pikeville defense, they are playing nasty right now. They are stacked at all 3 levels.

Pikeville - 48
Harlan - 6
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Scoop's post:
  • Micro-Brew
I think Harlan is a little better than advertised. Watched some film on them and their O line gets a good push almost every time and their backs run straight at the D line. Don't think they have faced a defense like Pikeville's nor an offense that is as physical as the men in maroon from Pike. 
PIKEVILLE-42
HARLAN  - 14
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Micro-Brew
Are there any Harlan posters on the board?
I’m curious, I watched their Pike Co Bowl game against East Ridge and I don’t recall some of these Harlan kids being on the field. Were they playing then or did quite a few join the team late? Maybe they were playing and I just don’t recall seeing them but pretty sure I would’ve remembered. Lots of people can poo-poo their record and the teams they’ve beat and who they’ve lost to, but the team I watched on film that just wore Sayre out has some dudes. I watched their basketball team last winter and was really really impressed with some of their athletes and wondered why they didn’t play football, I’m wondering if they decided to play this year. This Harlan team I’m seeing is much better than the one I watched early in the season over at Pond Creek in the PCB.
(11-08-2022, 12:05 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Are there any Harlan posters on the board?
I’m curious, I watched their Pike Co Bowl game against East Ridge and I don’t recall some of these Harlan kids being on the field. Were they playing then or did quite a few join the team late? Maybe they were playing and I just don’t recall seeing them but pretty sure I would’ve remembered. Lots of people can poo-poo their record and the teams they’ve beat and who they’ve lost to, but the team I watched on film that just wore Sayre out has some dudes.  I watched their basketball team last winter and was really really impressed with some of their athletes and wondered why they didn’t play football, I’m wondering if they decided to play this year. This Harlan team I’m seeing is much better than the one I watched early in the season over at Pond Creek in the PCB.
My understanding is that this is the same team, have actually lost a couple players since then. I saw the ER game. Harlan had one player who made a couple nice runs in the 1st half that did not play the 2nd half. They certainly havent played anything like a Pikeville. Still they have put together a nice season with such a small squad.
Harlan's had a good year, especially given that they have 23 players on the roster. Unfortunately for the dragons, this Pikeville team is ridiculous. 

I'll be surprised if there is not a running clock in this one, I would not be surprised if it was done by the half.
(11-08-2022, 12:05 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Are there any Harlan posters on the board?
I’m curious, I watched their Pike Co Bowl game against East Ridge and I don’t recall some of these Harlan kids being on the field. Were they playing then or did quite a few join the team late? Maybe they were playing and I just don’t recall seeing them but pretty sure I would’ve remembered. Lots of people can poo-poo their record and the teams they’ve beat and who they’ve lost to, but the team I watched on film that just wore Sayre out has some dudes.  I watched their basketball team last winter and was really really impressed with some of their athletes and wondered why they didn’t play football, I’m wondering if they decided to play this year. This Harlan team I’m seeing is much better than the one I watched early in the season over at Pond Creek in the PCB.
It's the same team.  They have a lot of good athletes that's for sure.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It’s game day Panthers so buckle up. It’s going to be a tough night and this Harlan team is coming to your house to beat you. They definitely have a good team and look what they did to Sayre so do your jobs and give it your all and play your game no plays off all gas no brakes. With the weather tonight it’s going to take extra precautions to the handling the ball( that don’t call it a pigskin for no reason) so take care of it. Love these Panthers and God willing I will be there to cheer you guys on and as always GO PANTHERS!!! Sorry I miss last week and a friend reminded me of that so thanks to him and you Panthers for giving me another week of this
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Granny Bear, jetpilot
Pikeville offense is pretty lethal and fun to watch but I am really enjoying watching this nasty defense. Don’t think 1st team d has given up a score in 5 Class A games and hoping to see them leave another zero on the scoreboard tonight. Very special group, one that will be remembered for a long time if they keep taking care of business.

Due to weather changing my prediction
P 36
H 0
(11-11-2022, 02:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville offense is pretty lethal and fun to watch but I am really enjoying watching this nasty defense. Don’t think 1st team d has given up a score in 5 Class A games and hoping to see them leave another zero on the scoreboard tonight. Very special group, one that will be remembered for a long time if they keep taking care of business.

P 36
H 0

Jet,  what all  has Pikeville done on the defensive end since the initial game of the year?  Seems like they are really locked on D, which I love. I know in the Corbin game the Hounds moved pretty much at will from the second quarter on in that first game.  What kind of adjustments has Pikeville  made since the beginning of the season that has them  playing so well on D. Best of luck, tonight, btw.
1. Points and yards pretty even. Game wasn’t decided until final minute. Pikeville still should have won AT CORBIN
2, Pikeville had several new players in key positions on both sides of the ball. That was August this is November. So basically a year experience now.
3. Corbin put their QB in the backfield and Pikeville hadn’t planned on that.
4. Corbin at Pikeville now wouldn’t smell 24 and Pikeville would win.
5. As Hoot would say, this is Class A ball now.
(11-11-2022, 04:32 PM)jetpilot Wrote: 1. Points and yards pretty even. Game wasn’t decided until final minute. Pikeville still should have won AT CORBIN
2, Pikeville had several new players in key positions on both sides of the ball. That was August this is November. So basically a year experience now.
3. Corbin put their QB in the backfield and Pikeville hadn’t planned on that.
4. Corbin at Pikeville now wouldn’t smell 24 and Pikeville would win.
5. As Hoot would say, this is Class A ball now.

Good post. 

Corbin is light years better now than they were that first game. Offense is really clicking and the defense is better(albeit against inferior competition). 

Snobbermetrics says Corbin would win "comfortably."  I disagree. I think it would be a good game at Corbin with the Hounds still prevailing. Contrary to what snobbermetrics says, I might give the Panthers the edge in Pikeville.
(11-11-2022, 02:59 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 02:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville offense is pretty lethal and fun to watch but I am really enjoying watching this nasty defense. Don’t think 1st team d has given up a score in 5 Class A games and hoping to see them leave another zero on the scoreboard tonight. Very special group, one that will be remembered for a long time if they keep taking care of business.

P 36
H 0

Jet,  what all  has Pikeville done on the defensive end since the initial game of the year?  Seems like they are really locked on D, which I love. I know in the Corbin game the Hounds moved pretty much at will from the second quarter on in that first game.  What kind of adjustments has Pikeville  made since the beginning of the season that has them  playing so well on D.  Best of luck, tonight, btw.
I will answer if you don’t care but I am not Jet and a whole different outlook Old School Hound. Well personal wise I think 3 changes 2 on the front 3 plus 1 safety. Now they still rotate a lot on the front 3 but basically it’s all the same players. So I think we’re the offense got lined out which keeps the ball longer on longer drives has been the big thing. We all know offensively keeping the ball longer keeps the defense for that team on the sideline. Competition is not what it was either Corbin has been the best team Pikeville played and not trying to blow any team off but that’s my opinion. It was a great game to start off with for Pikeville a real physical and hard fought game. Now do I believe it would be different now honestly I do but I think it would be more beneficial to Corbin now than it was then because they have the threat of Pikeville throwing the ball. Now who would win I can’t tell you that because it would be me speculating but I would want them to win. Good luck to Corbin the rest of the year
[-] The following 3 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot, Old School Hound
Does Corbin play at Pikeville next season or was this just a 1 year deal?