Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonburg Football Team put on Probation
Quote:In 2003, Prestonsburg was penalized by the KHSAA for allowing an ineligible student to participate in the football program. DeVries said there was a lack of institutional control at Prestonsburg, evident in the two violations in such a short time.
Shit if they cant learn from one incident what makes them think they are ever going to learn. and there were several incidents in 2003 that took place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Blackcat75 Wrote:I was one of these "less than mature players" your talking about. I had no part in the hazing. So I think someone should learn a little more about the situation, before they make assumptions such as these. One thing that you don't know is that every person that conducted this "so called hazing" has been gone for two years.
I am not talking about the hazing incident, it does not even need to be discussed IMO. I saw hazing when I was in school, and I am sure it happens more times than not. I am talking about teenagers in general need more supervision because they are more aggresive than in years past.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I don't know if the coach knew anything about it or not. I don't think Coach DeRossett does any sort of recruiting. At least none that I'm aware of. I don't think the whole team should be held accountable for one bad apples actions. Prestonsburg doesn't generally have to recruit just because they are a top notch football program. I just would find it odd that any other staff member had anything to do with these allegations.
BCF4L Wrote:I don't know if the coach knew anything about it or not. I don't think Coach DeRossett does any sort of recruiting. At least none that I'm aware of. I don't think the whole team should be held accountable for one bad apples actions. Prestonsburg doesn't generally have to recruit just because they are a top notch football program. I just would find it odd that any other staff member had anything to do with these allegations.

It's not allegations. Someone recruited, Pburg officials found out, then reported it to the KHSAA.

It would be an allegation if they were still alleging something. But this happend.

The way the articles I have read online sounded, and what others are saying, I wouldn't think any other coach had anything to do with it either.
Deimos Wrote:It's not allegations. Someone recruited, Pburg officials found out, then reported it to the KHSAA.

It would be an allegation if they were still alleging something. But this happend.

The way the articles I have read online sounded, and what others are saying, I wouldn't think any other coach had anything to do with it either.
That's why I don't understand why the whole team is put on probation. The officials from Prestonsburg High School turned their own team in. Which is more than what most teams can say.
BCF4L Wrote:That's why I don't understand why the whole team is put on probation. The officials from Prestonsburg High School turned their own team in. Which is more than what most teams can say.

They still broke the rules, so they had to do something. The KHSAA has to stay consistant with their rulings. It's a great thing that Pburg turned it in, shows a lot of class.

What it all comes down to is someone broke the rules, and someone had to pay a cost. Probation still isn't that big a deal is it? Means nothing really, I don't believe so anyways.
BCF4L Wrote:That's why I don't understand why the whole team is put on probation. The officials from Prestonsburg High School turned their own team in. Which is more than what most teams can say.
Good point, but breaking the rules is just that....breaking the rules....and needs to be dealt with accordingly. That being said, I hope that Prestonsburg is treated "fairly" when this is over. I have always liked the way they play and wish the best for the program, but this definately gives it a BIG black-eye.

I believe the first person that brought it to the attention of the KHSAA was the principle at AC.
rebel mom Wrote:I believe the first person that brought it to the attention of the KHSAA was the principle at AC.

I'd check my facts on that.

It's not the whole team, It's the whole school and every sport as I understand it.
Well this Probation thing is affecting some players lets say they dont let them goto the playoffs if they are eligible for it ! Now think about how many players would quit ! Plus David Barber is not on the coaching staff anymore !
BCF4L Wrote:I don't think the whole team should be held accountable for one bad apples actions.
It's called lack of institutional control.
The head coach and principal are RESPONSIBLE for the actions of all apples, good and bad.
The lesson here is ...be careful who is allowed to be around the program(paid or volunteer)
fox sports Wrote:The head coach and principal are RESPONSIBLE for the actions of all apples, good and bad.
But it was these 2 folks that turned him in to the KHSAA. I think they took great responsibility for this guys mistakes. I understand that something needs to be done as punishment, and I agree with that, but having the whole school on probation is a little much if you ask me. Now I don't know the extent of the probation, but I'm sure it affects the playoffs in some way.
I don't think it affects the playoffs. The way I understand it, it means that they will not be allowed any more KHSAA violations during the 2 year period. If they keep their nose clean, everything will be fine. But if they have any more run-ins with the KHSAA rules, then there will be serious consequences (including post season sanctions).

Isn't Lexington Catholic operating under a similar situation as we speak? And they won the 3A title last year.
I'm surprised at all the posters who think Prestonsburg shouldn't be punished for this violation. It falls under the "do the crime, do the time" motto.

If we as adults are supposed to be teaching our kids responsibility and right from wrong, how can we expect them to get the message if we don't support the ideals?

Kudos to the administration for self reporting and hopefully, they will teach the kids to accept this and be stronger for it.
Bat Masterson Wrote:I'm surprised at all the posters who think Prestonsburg shouldn't be punished for this violation. It falls under the "do the crime, do the time" motto.

If we as adults are supposed to be teaching our kids responsibility and right from wrong, how can we expect them to get the message if we don't support the ideals?

Kudos to the administration for self reporting and hopefully, they will teach the kids to accept this and be stronger for it.
:thumpsup:

They have to be punished, it wouldnt be fair to all of the other teams that have been punished before. If they keep it clean, all is good like nothing has happened...right.

Just dot your i's and cross your t's...lol make sure you do it all right.
BurntTires Wrote:They have to be punished, it wouldnt be fair to all of the other teams that have been punished before. If they keep it clean, all is good like nothing has happened...right.

I agree, it's not been that long ago that Belfry was hit for the same type problem. I bet there will be some changes made at PHS. And I can't believe that the head coach knew nothing about it. I've learned that most volenteer's like to brag about what they've done to higher ups to gane favor. I wouldnt doubt that the Idea was born from the head coach. But to stay clear of any fall out gave the idea to someone else.
Thats a little embarrasing, are private schools allowed to recruit??
Bat Masterson Wrote:I'm surprised at all the posters who think Prestonsburg shouldn't be punished for this violation. It falls under the "do the crime, do the time" motto.

I dont "think" that anyone is saying "punish any team but p-burg"...and I may be wrong but thats what I'm getting out of this thread. It's more of a mistake made by an adult or 2 who is not even head coach and who has also already been removed or quit the coaching staff. The kids never actually played ball...Sooo Why punish these kids who ARE Blackcats (several seniors playing their last year I'm sure) who done nothing wrong. I know it has to be investigated. They did turn their own school in to put a stop to it, they knew if they got caught they would be in real trouble. Hopefully they will just be closley watched for a couple of years and these kids wanting to play ball wont be punished for a few adults mistakes.
BurntTires Wrote:They have to be punished, it wouldnt be fair to all of the other teams that have been punished before. If they keep it clean, all is good like nothing has happened...right.

:thumpsup:
from what i hear prestonsburg is just on probation.. according to the Floyd County times, burg' was fineed $6,660 but are still allowed to go to the playoffs. but if it happens again, we can't. :rockon:
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:I dont "think" that anyone is saying "punish any team but p-burg"...and I may be wrong but thats what I'm getting out of this thread. It's more of a mistake made by an adult or 2 who is not even head coach and who has also already been removed or quit the coaching staff. The kids never actually played ball...Sooo Why punish these kids who ARE Blackcats (several seniors playing their last year I'm sure) who done nothing wrong. I know it has to be investigated. They did turn their own school in to put a stop to it, they knew if they got caught they would be in real trouble. Hopefully they will just be closley watched for a couple of years and these kids wanting to play ball wont be punished for a few adults mistakes.

Good Post Pirates~R~Us. :Clap:
KILROY Wrote:Good Post Pirates~R~Us. :Clap:

Thank Ya :howdy: lol
ok first of all ben moore and david slone never ever particpated in the football program at all cept for weight lifting and that was it....and as for the blaine incident it was blown up by little freshman mommies whining and changing the stories alot like you people do on here to start gossip umm that's a pretty good comparision i must say so myself ( i was at the camp when i was a freshman i know what exactly what went on)
PHS_JT Wrote:ok first of all ben moore and david slone never ever particpated in the football program at all cept for weight lifting and that was it....and as for the blaine incident it was blown up by little freshman mommies whining and changing the stories alot like you people do on here to start gossip umm that's a pretty good comparision i must say so myself ( i was at the camp when i was a freshman i know what exactly what went on)

Oh my, you were there? Does that mean you are in the lawsuit too? LOL ....you are funny......everybody wants money.
Even with the Ineligible players last season Prestonsburg wasn't very good.

IF Prestonsburg can somehow make the playoffs they will once again have to travel the 1st week of the playoffs.

It will be a short playoff run for Prestonsburg In 06 (1 and out).
I'm telling you, don't ever count the Blackcats out. 6 years ago they started out rough and ended up winning the Region.
How many were not eligible?
Prestonsburg is the 2nd best team in the district and maybe 3rd or 4th in the Region !