Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Do You Think Will Be The Best Team Next Year In The 15th Region?
Magoffin all the way baby!!!!!:Cheerlead
i have to say that P-burg will be the best team because we lost 1 player and now we have an expierenced point guard but also great shooters and the best defense in the region......last year in regionals we gave to much credit to Lowe and whats her name point guard....but we defensed them all wrong..any ways P-burg will take the title cause we are state bound
What about teams like Allen central. Sout hFloyd and Pikeville?
Luther Rackley Wrote:What about teams like Allen central. Sout hFloyd and Pikeville?

They have alot of varsity experience, a few good players, but that is about it. I think in a year or two, then the lower rated teams will climb to the top because 2 of those 3 teams are very young still.
Magoffin, Pike Central or Johnson Central
champ321 Wrote:Magoffin, Pike Central or Johnson Central

Those 3 are contenders but don't forget Paintsville, they return the Carrol sisters.
Magoffin, Pike Central
My top 4:
Magoffin County
Belfry
Johnson Central
Shelby Valley
Pike Central has the potential
The 57th will reign supreme again this year. Too much young talent in that District, with JC, MC & PHS. Belfrey will be in the mix as well.
how can you not put VALLEY IN there. they beat JC ass in the region and there is no way the Paintsville can handle them. the only team that i would rank against them is Magoffin. Go VALLEY :1:
Top 10
1. Pike Central
2. Magoffin County
3. Shelby Valley
4. Belfry
5. Johnson Central
6.Lawerence County
7.Prestonsburg
8.Sheldon Clark
9.Phelps
10. East Ridge
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:how can you not put VALLEY IN there. they beat JC ass in the region and there is no way the Paintsville can handle them. the only team that i would rank against them is Magoffin. Go VALLEY :1:

Yeah they got them during the Region. But, JC started 3 to 5 freshman at times last year. The were VERY Freshman heavy and if I am not mistaken they spanked Valley at home also last year. These girls are going to be a force to be recon with. Their PG (Salyers) is just a SOPH and this will be her 4TH year at the point. The Wireman and Conley girls are also just SOPH and this will be their 3RD year as starters. You also have the Meek girl at the 2 spot, also a SOPH. And just to many other youngsters to mention. Just wait and see.
twentythree Wrote:This is a pretty good list but I'm thinking Sheldon Clark should be #10 with Allen Central over them

looks good
Shelby Valley lost Lucinda Varney and Sasha Stanley, I think thats all
JC
MC
PCC
SV
Belfry
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:how can you not put VALLEY IN there. they beat JC ass in the region and there is no way the Paintsville can handle them. the only team that i would rank against them is Magoffin. Go VALLEY :1:

Last time I checked, I think it was the VALLEY down by 20 at the beginning of the 4th quarter. But I will admit, young, inexperience caused the letdown. But let it be known that it won't happen again this year. These girls will be ready and they will make a regional run.
What about Lawrence Co?
TheGreatest Wrote:Last time I checked, I think it was the VALLEY down by 20 at the beginning of the 4th quarter. But I will admit, young, inexperience caused the letdown. But let it be known that it won't happen again this year. These girls will be ready and they will make a regional run.

Or maybe it was the heart of the Valley girls who hadn't played their game the whole game that won it for them.

The Shelby Valley girls have been playing together since diapers, and now that they are mature jrs. and srs. they will be a "force to be reckoned with" come tournament time. Wait and see.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Top 10
1. Pike Central
2. Magoffin County
3. Shelby Valley
4. Belfry
5. Johnson Central
6.Lawerence County
7.Prestonsburg
8.Sheldon Clark
9.Phelps
10. East Ridge
how can you put Pike Central ahead of Magoffin ? Magoffin returns 4 starters and there first person off the bench will step right in and she coulda started easily for Magoffin
TheGreatest Wrote:JC
MC
PCC
SV
Belfry
jc is a year away Magoffin will take it again
Mc
belfry
Jc
PCC
SV
The Fan Wrote:how can you put Pike Central ahead of Magoffin ? Magoffin returns 4 starters and there first person off the bench will step right in and she coulda started easily for Magoffin

Apparently you missed last season's Final of the Regional Tournament or else you'd know why PC would and/or could be listed ahead of Magoffin. The game was intense and close. PC returns all players this year and Hannah Thompson will be playing. She had to sit out the regional tournament due to a knee injury. Magoffin lost Calloray, which will affect their team chemistry a bit. I think this could be the year for the HAWKS to show up and dominate......those girls certainly deserve it.
BleedsBlue Wrote:Apparently you missed last season's Final of the Regional Tournament or else you'd know why PC would and/or could be listed ahead of Magoffin. The game was intense and close. PC returns all players this year and Hannah Thompson will be playing. She had to sit out the regional tournament due to a knee injury. Magoffin lost Calloray, which will affect their team chemistry a bit. I think this could be the year for the HAWKS to show up and dominate......those girls certainly deserve it.
i dont think you was there i was there and Magoffin didnt play near as well as they did against Belfry and still won Calloray is a lost but wont affect there chemistry at all and are you saying the Magoffin girls didnt deserve it?
coacher_06 Wrote:1. MAGOFFIN COUNTY
2. PIKE CENTRAL
3. JOHNSON CENTRAL
4. BELFRY
5. SHELBY VALLEY
6. PAINTSVILLE
7. PRESTONSBURG
8. LAWERENCE COUNTY
9. SHELDON CLARK
10.ALLEN CENTRAL
11.EAST RIDGE
12.PHELPS
13.PIKEVILLE
14.BETSY LAYNE
15. PIARIST SCHOOL
16. SOUTH FLOYD

looks good...
My top 5

Magoffin County
Pike Central
Shelby Valley
Johnson Central
Belfry
Magoffin hands down
Why are we underestimating Lawrence County? They're a very talented team and held close to Magoffin County in both regular season games. I think everyone will be suprised at what they will acomplish this year with their new coaching staff. Dare I say District Champs? :Cheerlead
The Fan Wrote:i dont think you was there i was there and Magoffin didnt play near as well as they did against Belfry and still won Calloray is a lost but wont affect there chemistry at all and are you saying the Magoffin girls didnt deserve it?

Why is it that when someone's team doesn't play well it is never due to whom they were playing? Sometimes, it's ok to give your opponent some credit for the way they make you play. I'm not picking on you Fan, but just stating a general thought.
Nice post Trotline -

As for THE FAN - no comment - point will be proved when the season rolls around