Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Noah
In my opinion he has the chance to be the best player the mountain area has seen in decades!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Show-stopper's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
Kid can shoot and does it consistently.
One of the best player in the state of Kentucky, Kid going big time in D-1
I absolutely agree 100%, wouldn't it be amazing to see both him and Reed at UK someday.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spoozer12's post:
  • 64SUR, WaterBoy15thregion
What is his size and how athletic is he?
Reed Shepherd is the best player in the mountains since Richie Farmer and Shepherd is better than Farmer.
(01-23-2022, 07:27 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Reed Shepherd is the best player in the mountains since Richie Farmer and Shepherd is better than Farmer.

richie took five straight trips to the sweet 16 and broke records and won a title .. shepherd can’t make it out of the region .. they’re not in the same boat
Clay Co was in the 13th and Laurel Co was in the 12th. May have been different then too. Shepherd is better than Farmer. Different time and I doubt Farmer would be at UK if he played now.
Shepherd is a great defender, something Farmer wasn’t.

I would love to see Harlan Co and North play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fan of many's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
until he gets out of the 13th region he’s not in the best of the mountains convo in my book .. how can you be the best and can’t win a region ..?
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • Bull got out!
Is this the kid from Harlan County?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-23-2022, 09:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Is this the kid from Harlan County?

yes
(01-23-2022, 02:20 PM)Show-stopper Wrote: In my opinion he has the chance to be the best player the mountain area has seen in decades!
Can’t really say that when there’s already a 5 star UK commit in the region lol
(01-23-2022, 10:22 PM)CatsFan99 Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 02:20 PM)Show-stopper Wrote: In my opinion he has the chance to be the best player the mountain area has seen in decades!
Can’t really say that when there’s already a 5 star UK commit in the region lol
Give me Noah any day. Just my opinion and that’s not a knock on Sheppard..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Show-stopper's post:
  • WhomTheBellTolls
Trent is 6’4 or 6’5. Very high basketball IQ and very athletic. Kids worked hard.
(01-23-2022, 08:17 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: until he gets out of the 13th region he’s not in the best of the mountains convo in my book .. how can you be the best and can’t win a region ..?

Best team wins region.
Not the team with the best player.
(01-24-2022, 12:24 AM)Huck Fin Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 08:17 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: until he gets out of the 13th region he’s not in the best of the mountains convo in my book .. how can you be the best and can’t win a region ..?

Best team wins region.
Not the team with the best player.

if he’s the best player to ever grace the mountains then you’d win a region title
I don’t think I’ve ever seen one basketball player beat a whole team by himself or herself. Guess everyone will find out this year who is best if they play each other
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fan of many's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(01-24-2022, 12:15 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Trent is 6’4 or 6’5.  Very high basketball IQ and very athletic.  Kids worked hard.

he is actually listed as 6’6 to 6’7 depending on where you look
He may be
I don't know what he's "listed" at, but I know how tall he is and it's not 6'7"
It bugs me when kids are not given their respect, if they don't go to the school that someone supports. The truth is both of these boys are exceptional players. I'm not sure how tall either of them are, but both play like they're 6'7'!! I think Noah is bigger than Sheppherd, but what does that mean? It has everything to do with a kid's heart when they're playing, and you won't find bigger hearts than what these two boys have.

I hope both of these kids average 100 points per game, and represent their school at the next level with pride!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • 64SUR, WaterBoy15thregion
(01-24-2022, 08:18 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: It bugs me when kids are not given their respect, if they don't go to the school that someone supports.  The truth is both of these boys are exceptional players.  I'm not sure how tall either of them are, but both play like they're 6'7'!!  I think Noah is bigger than Sheppherd, but what does that mean?  It has everything to do with a kid's heart when they're playing, and you won't find bigger hearts than what these two boys have.

I hope both of these kids average 100 points per game, and represent their school at the next level with pride!
I hope the Noah kid does great, it’s great for the community in Harlan and brings a lot of good spotlight on them. 
is there any chance the region will be held at Harlan co anytime
This kid knows how to score the ball. Yes, he is a little slow to be successful at the next level. However, he can also get faster. He is a scorer and knows how to play the game at his speed. Very talented kid!

That kid lives in the gym. He deserves all the success he gets. Super hard worker.
Kid is averaging 43 points and 11 rebounds over his last 5 games. He is on a very impressive run and will be interesting to see if he keeps it going!
(01-24-2022, 10:42 AM)Fan of many Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 08:18 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: It bugs me when kids are not given their respect, if they don't go to the school that someone supports.  The truth is both of these boys are exceptional players.  I'm not sure how tall either of them are, but both play like they're 6'7'!!  I think Noah is bigger than Sheppherd, but what does that mean?  It has everything to do with a kid's heart when they're playing, and you won't find bigger hearts than what these two boys have.

I hope the Noah kid does great, it’s great for the community in Harlan and brings a lot of good spotlight on them. 
is there any chance the region will be held at Harlan co anytime

I have no clue.  The first time we held it at Harlan County, there was a lot of flack thrown around, especially political postering.  If it was left up to me, I would most definitely hold it at Harlan County when it was their turn, but that means nothing.
This is from an outsider.......I've seen Shepard and Noah both play several games and from what I've seen both kids are amazing. Shepard is probably the most unselfish high talented player that I've watched. Noah however is a generational talent and is only a Sophomore. They both can shoot, they both can score, they both rebound and play defense. If you look at stats this year....Shepard is averaging 25 points and 7 rebounds and is shooting 57% from the field, 44% from 3, and 90% from the foul line. Noah is averaging 30 points per game, 10 rebounds, shoots 55% from the field, 42% from 3 and 83% from the line. If Shepard is a D1 talent then in my opinion so is Noah. I think Shepard has the better team and role players around him and can have a game in which he scores 10-15 and North will still win. Noah has to be the guy every night out for Harlan County to have a chance. I really hope Harlan County comes out of their district and meets up with North at some point in the Region. Their district is a lot harder than Norths.
You aren’t giving HC’s other kids enough credit here. Maddox Huff is one of the top 2 or 3 point guards in the region. This kid can do it all and is only a freshman. He’s about 6’3 and can score at all three levels, and IMO is one of the top passers in the region. On any other team other than HC, North and probably Knox, he is averaging 20+, with his normal 7 or 8 boards and 8 or 9 assists. His IQ is off he charts. Also, you are forgetting that they have two of the top 3-point shooters in the state. Daniel Carmichael and Jackson Huff’s shooting makes life easier for Trent, because teams can’t help off of either. Jackson Huff is also an underrated defender and a great rebounder. He is a kid that just goes about his business, without getting deserved credit and respect. Jonah Swanner is a phenomenal defender and also is one of the quickest kids around. He is great in transition and can break down defenses in the half court, also making life easier for guys like Trent and Maddox. My point in this post is to highlight why your post is inaccurate. In fact, Harlan County has been at their best when they have balanced scoring. Covid has caused some missed games for some of these guys and Trent’s scoring increased naturally. Believe me, at full strength, they are way more than a one man show. Anyone from HC who follows them would agree on this.
[-] The following 2 users Like TheProfessor33's post:
  • Black Bear Cuz, Granny Bear
I haven't watched Trent Noah play very much but when I have he has been a baller!
Harlan County played Pulaski Co. to the wire at Pulaski last night. Trent Noah was held to 5 points. This is more evidence that HC is a balanced team that can beat you in different ways.