Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top ten middle school players
According to the FCT BLES and ACMS were Co-conference champs for A team.  They split games wth each other and both finished 13-1 in conference play.  ACMS won the County Tournament, defeating BLES by 7.  Chris Stumbo  (ACMS)and Logan Crowder (ACMS) were Co-players of the year- for Floyd County Conference (a-team). 

BLES was the B-team Conference champs- finishing 14-0.  BLES went on to win the Floyd County Tournament- defeating SFMS.  Nathan Martin (BLES) was named Conference player of the year for B-team. 

ACMS was the C-team Conference champs. They defeated McDowell Elementary in the County Tournament Championship game.  Brandon Marson (MES) was named C-team Conference Player of the year. 

Logan Crowder-AC
Hunter Crowder-AC
Chad Nelson-AC
Justin Jackson-AC
Chris Stumbo-AC
Tate Cox-JBS
[IQUOTE=sf_football]how many of these people have been held back[/QUOTE] If they are smart they all stayed back . If you don't you will be a 17 year old senior, playing against 19 year olds. The hold backs I know are all good players and some are playing high school ball while they are still 8th graders. They are playing against 19 year olds now and doing very well, I might add. The ones I know have 4.0 GPA.
~snoopy~ Wrote:has ashley hatfield been held back?? he is a great ball player and can dominate in the post...but he also has a great size advantage over the other kids..i think hes around 6"2

YEP!!!
phs1986 Wrote:YEP!!!
he is taller than that and is still just 14. I think he is 6'4" or better.
Some of these boys will be playing AAU together in the next few weeks. They are something to see.
Elisha Justice, Tate Cox, Logan Bryant, Taylor Newsome, Ashley Hatfield, Cody Miller, Tyler Newsome and Garrison Collins[he is 6'9" and was injured during the season] hopefully he will be able to play soon. Known as" East Kentucky Lightning".[ AAU ] Justice and Cox both played high school ball as 8th graders.
3 Of the boys that you are saying are holdbacks are not. Taylor Newsome, Tyler Newsome and Cody Varney are not holdbacks. These boys have not been held back in school. They just started a yr later I know this for a fact.
SV Wildcat Wrote:3 Of the boys that you are saying are holdbacks are not. Taylor Newsome, Tyler Newsome and Cody Varney are not holdbacks. These boys have not been held back in school. They just started a yr later I know this for a fact.
So they were held back from starting school. That still makes them older. Which is a good thing IMO
Whether some of them are holdbacks or not would it really matter? Elisha Justice may have been a holdback... but that would just make him a freshman this year. So he would be a freshman playing AWESOME ball for most of the Valley games, playing harder than practically all of the others older than him. Maybe he is a holdback but that doesn't mean he's not awesome to be so young. Give credit where credit is due.
I think that makes him smart! He is a great player, and plays to win. He is getting a good education, so whats the problem. He has a year of high school ball under his belt, so next year he will be ready and experienced.
Two of the other 8th grade boys playing for EKL have a year of high school ball behind them. It makes them more confident, because they KNOW they can play with the big boys.
East Kentucky Lightning won a tournament in Florence this past weekend April1-3 to qualify for the nationals in Orlando Florida the last of June. They will be playing several more tournaments before then.
Cody Varney is a dominant force!
tate cox is 16
Tate Cox is NOT 16.:dontthink He is 15 and will be 15 for a while.
Don't worry about golfman42, he is just jealous and he can't even play golfSmile always sticking his nose in where it don't belong.
I heard golfman42 can hang off a rim better than anybody. Bet that will get him an award.
Tate Cox will be 16 August 2, 2006.
Great birthday
Ashleigh Hatefield
or Ilisaih Justice- he has a lot of playing time for Shelby Valley in the Regional Torney
free throw Wrote:East Kentucky Lightning won a tournament in Florence this past weekend April1-3 to qualify for the nationals in Orlando Florida the last of June. They will be playing several more tournaments before then.
Are they taking up donations for the trip and cruse again this year?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:or Ilisaih Justice- he has a lot of playing time for Shelby Valley in the Regional Torney

I agree, He can dribble the ball better then some of the players that even play,he still has 4 or 5 more years at valley and I look forward to seing him doing good:rockon:
Of Course Virgie will be good. I think half the players are at least 15-16 years old. Half of the have full grown beards. Are the parents afraid to let them compete at a high school level?
It will be interesting to see how they do now that the hold back rule is in effect. Will they still have 3 or 4 to be held back every year?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:It will be interesting to see how they do now that the hold back rule is in effect. Will they still have 3 or 4 to be held back every year?

Just wait and see
Virgie will have one of the weaker teams that they've had in years... but that has nothing to do with the holdback rule. Also, they will be under a new coach, so I guess we will have to wait and see...
Doe Doe Rowe will be coaching correct?

If so they will not be as bad as most think.
Where is G Newsome going? Has he got a job at SV other than assistant coach with football?