Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ?
(05-02-2021, 12:55 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Or possibly the endless parade of freebies is neither American, or what God intended. We are all born into a world where things are all not okay. There is by God's design, all manner of challenge and shortfall and there is a good reason for that. The Lord has given us an option to choose our way out of the madness, we just have to bow before Him in true repentance. In the beginning God warned the first man Adam, "In the day that you sin, you shall surely die." And even though there was only one rule, one thing on which Adam could not trespass, Adam sinned anyway. He ate of the forbidden fruit, fell from grace, and death entered into the world. And with sin came the curse.

Gen 3:17-19
17  “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it. All the days of your life.
18  Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.
19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken;For dust you are,
And to dust you shall return.”

I guess I must have missed it. But I didn't see anything there about people choosing not to work for their living, because it may have seemed in some way to be inconvenient for them, or undesirable, or whatever.

Didn't see free stuff at all: to include preschool expansion, or taxpayer funded healthcare, or federally mandated protracted paid leave for 6 or 8 reasons, or free college, or any of those benevolent freebies the left calls rights. We are to work, and provide for our families as best we can. We are to achieve at the personal level. Not for example, expect government to hold the collective citizenry hostage to the immoral whims of those who live promiscuous lifestyles on taxpayer 'funding.' And/or to further financially facilitate their consequence free lifestyles in the cases of their children who are lucky enough to avoid the surgeon's arsenal of life-taking-tools, but unlucky enough to have to grow up on their own on the streets, or in an institution, or in foster care, with even more tax funding.
Didn’t you beg for the govt. to bail out fossil fuels a few weeks ago, but God didn’t mean for a govt. to help citizens ?  Big Grin 

The freebies you’re referring to are happening anyway and will continue. 

But let’s focus on Uncle Joe’s. If you support workers wouldn’t you support childcare and elderly care?  How many people have to quit work because of those situations?  

You don’t support expanded preschool for all children in this nation?  What do have against meeting the educational needs of all children at an early age ?  Currently, some children don’t receive those services. 

Biden does not support free college.  This proposal is community college.  Several workforce training programs in community colleges.  I would have thought conservatives would support those blue collar educational opportunities. 

Safe water ?  You and God against that too?
(05-02-2021, 01:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 08:11 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 09:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: A sincere question for our conservative friends(most notably, Hoot, Jet, and TRT)--- Is there anything that you liked about what the president said in his speech?  Some of the things he mentioned should be easy for any American to get behind. The words and thoughts were very positive, very pro- America. I obviously don't know this man's heart anymore than any of you do, but he seems like a kind man who wants to do well for a country he has served for decades. Even long-serving, staunch conservatives  in Congress respect the man and say that he's a good and decent man.  Is there anything positive you can say about this man?   I've almost always been able to find at least one or two things about men like the Bushes, Nixon, Ford, or even Reagan that I liked. Trump is the only GOP president that I couldn't find a single thing to like. Not one thing.  What about Biden?  If you had the opportunity to meet him and shake his hand, is there something good you would be able to say to him or about his decades of service to the country?

Lindsey Graham:  "If you can't admire Joe Biden as a person, then you got a problem.  You need to do some self-evaluation. ... What's not to like? "  Is there anything you admire about this man or about the ideas he spoke about in his speech or is self- evaluation in order?   Thanks in advance for your responses.

Liberal: Lindsey Graham is a conservative. Lindsey Graham thinks Joe Biden is swell. You are a conservative. You should agree with Lindsey Graham.

Me: Lindsey Graham is not a conservative. Lindsey Graham was one of the Gang of Eight that promoted amnesty for illegal aliens. My political opinions are not based on other people's opinions. I have been following American politics closely for nearly 40 years. Why do liberals feel such a strong compulsion to align their opinions with those of other people when they have their own functional eyes and ears? Do you not trust your own senses to form your own opinions?

I have made my opinion of Joe Biden very clear and will not waste my time restating what I have already written. A speech that was full of Marxist-Leninist proposals has not changed my opinion of Joe Biden in any way. Although I do not always disagree with Graham, the man is a snake.
Which Marxist-leninist proposals get your goat, Hooter? 

Expanded preschool?
free community college? 
taxpayer funded childcare?
improved elder care?  
safe water programs? 

those the ones that make you hate Joe Biden?  Or are there others?
I am for anything that benefits our children and our elderly and average American families.  As much as I despised Trump,  if he had proposed the ones you mentioned, I would have been for their passage. The current president's proposals are pretty bold and almost Rooseveltian or Johnsonian in scope and will be paid for by the wealthiest of the wealthy. However, they are pretty common sense and needed as well. Average Americans, middle class Americans, regardless of political persuasion or political hatreds, should advocate for proposals that help Average American families and families that are hurting. To borrow from Miss Lindsey, if you can't get behind American families who are hurting, maybe you need to do some soul searching and self-evaluation. Maybe check your Christian moniker at the door . What Would Jesus Do? What Would Joe Do?  I think Jesus and Joe would be in one accord on these kind of proposals. Let's cast our hatreds aside and get behind a president who really does care about helping your family and mine. That's a nice change from the last few years.
None of these programs will be "paid for" - not by the wealthy, not by anybody. China Joe, the influence peddler and traitor, along with his accomplices in Congress are simply piling debt upon debt to buy the votes of simpletons. What Democrats are doing is playing Russian roulette with our nation's debt. The odds of our entire economy collapsing while a Democrat or a Republican is in the White House is probably about even. It is an extremely irresponsible and cynical agenda. Our national debt will reach a tipping point and both parties understand that fact. Democrats has simply decided to buy as many votes as possible with new give away programs before we reach that point.

As interest on the national debt soars as a percentage of federal expenditures, the inflation rate will soar and our government will no longer be able to borrow enough money to pay for all of the idiotic programs that Democrats seek to create.
(05-02-2021, 02:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 09:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: A sincere question for our conservative friends(most notably, Hoot, Jet, and TRT)--- Is there anything that you liked about what the president said in his speech?  Some of the things he mentioned should be easy for any American to get behind. The words and thoughts were very positive, very pro- America. I obviously don't know this man's heart anymore than any of you do, but he seems like a kind man who wants to do well for a country he has served for decades. Even long-serving, staunch conservatives  in Congress respect the man and say that he's a good and decent man.  Is there anything positive you can say about this man?   I've almost always been able to find at least one or two things about men like the Bushes, Nixon, Ford, or even Reagan that I liked. Trump is the only GOP president that I couldn't find a single thing to like. Not one thing.  What about Biden?  If you had the opportunity to meet him and shake his hand, is there something good you would be able to say to him or about his decades of service to the country?

Lindsey Graham:  "If you can't admire Joe Biden as a person, then you got a problem.  You need to do some self-evaluation. ... What's not to like? "  Is there anything you admire about this man or about the ideas he spoke about in his speech or is self- evaluation in order?   Thanks in advance for your responses.

Liberal: Lindsey Graham is a conservative. Lindsey Graham thinks Joe Biden is swell. You are a conservative. You should agree with Lindsey Graham.

Me: Lindsey Graham is not a conservative. Lindsey Graham was one of the Gang of Eight that promoted amnesty for illegal aliens. My political opinions are not based on other people's opinions. I have been following American politics closely for nearly 40 years. Why do liberals feel such a strong compulsion to align their opinions with those of other people when they have their own functional eyes and ears? Do you not trust your own senses to form your own opinions?

I have made my opinion of Joe Biden very clear and will not waste my time restating what I have already written. A speech that was full of Marxist-Leninist proposals has not changed my opinion of Joe Biden in any way. Although I do not always disagree with Graham, the man is a snake.

Expanded preschool?
free community college? 
improved elder care?  
safe water programs? 

I am for anything that benefits our children and our elderly and average American families.  As much as I despised Trump,  if he had proposed the ones you mentioned, I would have been for their passage. The current president's proposals are pretty bold and almost Rooseveltian or Johnsonian in scope and will be paid for by the wealthiest of the wealthy. However, they are pretty common sense and needed as well. Average Americans, middle class Americans, regardless of political persuasion or political hatreds, should advocate for proposals that help Average American families and families that are hurting. To borrow from Miss Lindsey, if you can't get behind American families who are hurting, maybe you need to do some soul searching and self-evaluation. Maybe check your Christian moniker at the door . What Would Jesus Do? What Would Joe Do?  I think Jesus and Joe would be in one accord on these kind of proposals. Let's cast our hatreds aside and get behind a president who really does care about helping your family and mine. That's a nice change from the last few years.
None of these programs will be "paid for" - not by the wealthy, not by anybody. China Joe, the influence peddler and traitor, along with his accomplices in Congress are simply piling debt upon debt to buy the votes of simpletons. What Democrats are doing is playing Russian roulette with our nation's debt. The odds of our entire economy collapsing while a Democrat or a Republican is in the White House is probably about even. It is an extremely irresponsible and cynical agenda. Our national debt will reach a tipping point and both parties understand that fact. Democrats has simply decided to buy as many votes as possible with new give away programs before we reach that point.

As interest on the national debt soars as a percentage of federal expenditures, the inflation rate will soar and our government will no longer be able to borrow enough money to pay for all of the idiotic programs that Democrats seek to create.
I don’t remember, but were you this worried about the debt when Trump cut taxes? When we spent 20 years and trillions fighting in the Middle East and Afghanistan?  When a moron thought we needed a wall at the southern border? 

probably not.  

The reality is the govt. is going to spend the money.  

What do you have against the things mentioned?

Expanded preschool?
free community college? 
improved elder care?  
safe water programs? 

Funny the way you put that, 'our children.' In this brave new world it really does take a village to raise a child. But that idea would never pass the Lord's approval. The definition of insanity they say, 'is dong the same thing over and over and expecting different results.' Funding bad behavior as America does would certainly never stop it. If fact nothing but a return to moral virtue would ever have so much as a mitigating affect, but if children and consequently the nation, are ever to escape the trap of endless abortions on the one extreme and street children on the other, we simply must return to the Christian values of our forefathers.

Johnson's social polices (The Great Society Initiative in particular) truly ushered in this day of the welfare state. I pointed this out on here just over 20 years ago. At the time of the Initiative there was a scant 336 thousand households on food stamps. The number as of 2016 in the Obama heyday was 48 million. The Great Society Initiative did not alleviate the problem, it exacerbated it.

Churches are funded by the Tithe. A 10 percent giving based on one's substance, which in no small measure goes to help the poor. Added to that these same folks pay state and federal income taxes, estate taxes, property taxes and more which again, largely go to help the poor through current welfare programs. Which BTW  have turned welfare into an extended stay at the country club. What would Jesus do? I quoted to you what He said to Adam. WORK, earn your bread by sweating for it. But if the combined efforts of the citizens of this nation haven't turned the dime yet, when would it ever? The Lord Jesus also said the following; "The poor you will always have." Is then God Himself derelict in His provision? Of course not.

As I said back in 2011 and as the statistics bear out, Johnson's idea that America could 'buy the problems of the poor' have flopped miserably. That doesn't mean we ever turn our backs to them, but men are just not ever going to fix the problem.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-02-2021, 02:34 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Liberal: Lindsey Graham is a conservative. Lindsey Graham thinks Joe Biden is swell. You are a conservative. You should agree with Lindsey Graham.

Expanded preschool?
free community college? 
improved elder care?  
safe water programs? 

I don’t remember, but were you this worried about the debt when Trump cut taxes? When we spent 20 years and trillions fighting in the Middle East and Afghanistan?  When a moron thought we needed a wall at the southern border? 

probably not.  

Well I do remember and as memory serves, your only function on here is to use liberal talking points to distort and disrupt honest dialogue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-02-2021, 03:15 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 08:11 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Which Marxist-leninist proposals get your goat, Hooter? 

Expanded preschool?
free community college? 
improved elder care?  
safe water programs? 

probably not.  

Well I do remember and as memory serves, your only function on here is to use liberal talking points to distort and disrupt honest dialogue.
TRT two steps again.  You got more moves today than the Wildhorse Saloon. 

what is your problem with these programs?
(05-02-2021, 02:13 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 12:55 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Or possibly the endless parade of freebies is neither American, or what God intended. We are all born into a world where things are all not okay. There is by God's design, all manner of challenge and shortfall and there is a good reason for that. The Lord has given us an option to choose our way out of the madness, we just have to bow before Him in true repentance. In the beginning God warned the first man Adam, "In the day that you sin, you shall surely die." And even though there was only one rule, one thing on which Adam could not trespass, Adam sinned anyway. He ate of the forbidden fruit, fell from grace, and death entered into the world. And with sin came the curse.

17  “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it. All the days of your life.
18  Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.
19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken;For dust you are,

I guess I must have missed it. But I didn't see anything there about people choosing not to work for their living, because it may have seemed in some way to be inconvenient for them, or undesirable, or whatever.

Didn't see free stuff at all: to include preschool expansion, or taxpayer funded healthcare, or federally mandated protracted paid leave for 6 or 8 reasons, or free college, or any of those benevolent freebies the left calls rights. We are to work, and provide for our families as best we can. We are to achieve at the personal level. Not for example, expect government to hold the collective citizenry hostage to the immoral whims of those who live promiscuous lifestyles on taxpayer 'funding.' And/or to further financially facilitate their consequence free lifestyles in the cases of their children who are lucky enough to avoid the surgeon's arsenal of life-taking-tools, but unlucky enough to have to grow up on their own on the streets, or in an institution, or in foster care, with even more tax funding.
Didn’t you beg for the govt. to bail out fossil fuels a few weeks ago, but God didn’t mean for a govt. to help citizens ?  Big Grin 

But let’s focus on Uncle Joe’s. If you support workers wouldn’t you support childcare and elderly care?  How many people have to quit work because of those situations?  

You don’t support expanded preschool for all children in this nation?  What do have against meeting the educational needs of all children at an early age ?  Currently, some children don’t receive those services. 

Biden does not support free college.  This proposal is community college.  Several workforce training programs in community colleges.  I would have thought conservatives would support those blue collar educational opportunities. 

No I did not beg this government for a thing. I know who and what they are, and I've certainly got your number.

God has spoken for Himself in Scripture profoundly and eloquently. Blasphemy is not advisable, but who could explain that to little Cardfan? Biden does support free college. And as to the safe water deal which is another ongoing Dem distortion of the truth. Flint Michigan, the birthplace of the DNC tainted-water talking point, has been had a Democrat Mayor continuously since 1975. But who will supposedly now ride in and rescue those languishing in poor quality water despair? Why just the top Democrat of course. Whose agenda was formed by none other than DJT, but who found that agenda stonewalled until Dems could somehow get him out of office.

If you're typing, you're lying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-02-2021, 03:50 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 01:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I am for anything that benefits our children and our elderly and average American families.  As much as I despised Trump,  if he had proposed the ones you mentioned, I would have been for their passage. The current president's proposals are pretty bold and almost Rooseveltian or Johnsonian in scope and will be paid for by the wealthiest of the wealthy. However, they are pretty common sense and needed as well. Average Americans, middle class Americans, regardless of political persuasion or political hatreds, should advocate for proposals that help Average American families and families that are hurting. To borrow from Miss Lindsey, if you can't get behind American families who are hurting, maybe you need to do some soul searching and self-evaluation. Maybe check your Christian moniker at the door . What Would Jesus Do? What Would Joe Do?  I think Jesus and Joe would be in one accord on these kind of proposals. Let's cast our hatreds aside and get behind a president who really does care about helping your family and mine. That's a nice change from the last few years.

probably not.  

You just butted in on another conversation. The thoughts of Old School make you look as small as actually you are. But in any case I'm not about to help you seem smarter, by joining you down in the liberal ditch again. You want to pass the monkey puke, you're on your own.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-02-2021, 04:50 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

No I did not beg this government for a thing. I know who and what they are, and I've certainly got your number.

God has spoken for Himself in Scripture profoundly and eloquently. Blasphemy is not advisable, but who could explain that to little Cardfan? Biden does support free college. And as to the safe water deal which is another ongoing Dem distortion of the truth. Flint Michigan, the birthplace of the DNC tainted-water talking point, has been had a Democrat Mayor continuously since 1975. But who will supposedly now ride in and rescue those languishing in poor quality water despair? Why just the top Democrat of course. Whose agenda was formed by none other than DJT, but who found that agenda stonewalled until Dems could somehow get him out of office.

Oh you did.  You whined and whined about this dem administration excluding the fossil fuel industry.  Don’t tell fibs, TRT.  

The blasphemy is on you as you use God in your justification of every topic that hits this board.  Wouldn’t that be using the Lord’s name in vain? 

Biden doesn’t support 4-year college.    He supports community college. 

Your unwillingness to take a stance on any of these programs is cowardly. Cynicism aside if the man can do it do you support them or not?

(05-02-2021, 04:59 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: None of these programs will be "paid for" - not by the wealthy, not by anybody. China Joe, the influence peddler and traitor, along with his accomplices in Congress are simply piling debt upon debt to buy the votes of simpletons. What Democrats are doing is playing Russian roulette with our nation's debt. The odds of our entire economy collapsing while a Democrat or a Republican is in the White House is probably about even. It is an extremely irresponsible and cynical agenda. Our national debt will reach a tipping point and both parties understand that fact. Democrats has simply decided to buy as many votes as possible with new give away programs before we reach that point.

probably not.  

You just butted in on another conversation. The thoughts of Old School make you look as small as actually you are. But in any case I'm not about to help you seem smarter, by joining you down in the liberal ditch again. You want to pass the monkey puke, you're on your own.
Big Grin Big Grin 
you literally responded to a post intended for Hooter.  

Are you two the same person? 

Big Grin 

this is too much. Big Grin
(05-01-2021, 11:34 AM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 09:28 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:42 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 11:16 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 05:58 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Twin Ticks, there has never been any member of BGR more dishonest or lazier than you. As one who chose to live a life of a human parasite, you have zero credibility. As I said, the amount of the COVID spending under Trump that actually went to people affected by COVID was a small percentage of total spending. COVID spending bills should have most spending directed to provide relief from the fallout from COVID. That did not happen under Trump and it has not happened under Biden.

If Biden gets his way with his huge proposed tax hikes, then we will see what an economic genius the crooked old geezer is.

hooter, you worried your taxes are going up under the Biden plan?  

Most likely no.  And that will go for all of us fussing on BGR.
I'm not really worried so much about my own taxes going up, Twin Ticks. I care about this country and do not look forward to watching Democrats wreck our economy again with their foolish attempts to punish successful people in our society through confiscatory tax policies.
Big Grin
when was the last Democrats “wrecked” our economy?  In my lifetime Democrats have spent their time in office cleaning up the mess Republicans have left behind. 

That’s one hell of an understatement, “Successful people”, almost makes you sound dishonest and disingenuous.  Par for the course for you though.  

Biden’s new taxes apply after your first 400k.  And that’s around 3%.  
The big hit comes when you make 2.2 mill.  Confused The could lose almost 100k under a Biden tax plan.

Those poor people.  Barely making it by with 2.2 million and going to have give back that Trump TAX CUT from a few years ago. 

but you know all this.   Dodgy

Our greatest generations paid higher tax rates to build this nation back after a depression, a world war, and to fight a Cold War.  Essentially, we became the world’s only economic superpower.  

40 years of scaling back tax on the wealthy has very little to show at home and abroad: stalled wages, Discrepancies in education, failing infrastructure, and a slipping in the world stage.  

Republicans have cut taxes in every administration.  Dems will come back in and raise them but never to the previous level.  It’s been a viscous cycle or greed and cowardice from both parties.

I'll tell ya, nothing makes an unemployment employee seem more macho than a few choice cuss words thrown in here and there. Biden's new tax plan is not new at all. But it will hit the middle class in one form or another, not the least of which will be between the eyes in direct tax increases.

In Jimmy Carter's disastrous economy many Americans were pushed to very uncomfortable limits to keep a roof over their head and the lights on. The rest of them actually did lose their homes, and consequently their life's work. I know, I was there. Then came along Reagan who shot Carter out of the saddle after his miserable single term. And the economy improved so much during Reagan's tenure that his successor Bill Clinton, another not so truthful Democrat, got to take credit for Reagan's amazing legacy. Don't try to tell me no Dem has ever destroyed the economy.

It has been a vicious cycle between the two parties alright. Keeping the Keynesian mushrooms beat back has been a US recurring nightmare. Carter/Reagan. Obama/Trump. And here we are once again staring into history's abyss and trying to survive another wave, but this time there is something new. The twin tower idiocy of Global Warming and social justice. Setting aside the moral implications of social justice; We cannot just pass a bill to end the use of fossil fuels and simultaneously borrow trillions of dollars to rebuild a fantasy land green energy gird through which expensive and scarce energy will flow, and think the economy will not suffer. Thus the equation Biden/Who? is yet unbalanced. But the price tag in this latest round of liberal foolishness will mean that for most people, even after spending all they have and refy'ing their house to the max, the bank will wind up taking their home anyway. Then what?
"And the economy improved so much during Reagan's tenure that his successor Bill Clinton, another not so truthful Democrat, got to take credit for Reagan's amazing legacy."
This is the Biggest Lie so far from Commrade TRT(Besides the Big Lie) You give Reagan credit for Clinton success But you forgot one very important detail there was another president between Reagan and Clinton and his name is Bush Senior Which he had a recession after your boy Reagan left office. Now by your way of thinking Instead of Clinton enjoying the coat tails of Reagan he missed Bush Senior who after just a short 4 year term should sound familiar to you since that's exactly what happened to your Dear Leader. Now you might convince one of your Dear Leader's Sheep(not that bright to start with) with all the BS you are trying to peddle but that dog don't hunt with some of us.
Cardfan wrote:

Oh you did.  You whined and whined about this dem administration excluding the fossil fuel industry.  Don’t tell fibs, TRT. 

The blasphemy is on you as you use God in your justification of every topic that hits this board.  Wouldn’t that be using the Lord’s name in vain?

Biden doesn’t support 4-year college.    He supports community college.

Your unwillingness to take a stance on any of these programs is cowardly. Cynicism aside if the man can do it do you support them or not?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a pack of lies. My disagreement with the administration over the mindless and arbitrary elimination of all sources of available energy is not to beg for a thing.

Cardfan, the man most ignorant of God or His ways, continues to set himself up as some sort of expert on the Scriptures. God created this world, the universe in which it is hung, and every last mineral, element and life form that earth supports. He is the authority of creation and I will continue to take His cues on proper stewardship over that creation. To that end I say it is supremely idiotic for men to abandon the only sources of energy that exist, by virtue or substance of proclamation only. And even though that proclamation may be written out on a paper bearing the congressional seal, alternative forms of energy do not exist in any way remotely necessary to sustain this land and it's people.

What Biden says and what Biden does are light years apart. The left wants free college and you know it.

Past that, my money says there scarcely types a bigger coward than you on this board.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-02-2021, 09:33 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:42 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 11:16 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: hooter, you worried your taxes are going up under the Biden plan?  

Most likely no.  And that will go for all of us fussing on BGR.
I'm not really worried so much about my own taxes going up, Twin Ticks. I care about this country and do not look forward to watching Democrats wreck our economy again with their foolish attempts to punish successful people in our society through confiscatory tax policies.
Big Grin
when was the last Democrats “wrecked” our economy?  In my lifetime Democrats have spent their time in office cleaning up the mess Republicans have left behind. 

That’s one hell of an understatement, “Successful people”, almost makes you sound dishonest and disingenuous.  Par for the course for you though.  

The big hit comes when you make 2.2 mill.  Confused The could lose almost 100k under a Biden tax plan.

Those poor people.  Barely making it by with 2.2 million and going to have give back that Trump TAX CUT from a few years ago. 

Our greatest generations paid higher tax rates to build this nation back after a depression, a world war, and to fight a Cold War.  Essentially, we became the world’s only economic superpower.  

40 years of scaling back tax on the wealthy has very little to show at home and abroad: stalled wages, Discrepancies in education, failing infrastructure, and a slipping in the world stage.  

Republicans have cut taxes in every administration.  Dems will come back in and raise them but never to the previous level.  It’s been a viscous cycle or greed and cowardice from both parties.

I'll tell ya, nothing makes an unemployment employee seem more macho than a few choice cuss words thrown in here and there. Biden's new tax plan is not new at all. But it will hit the middle class in one form or another, not the least of which will be between the eyes in direct tax increases.

In Jimmy Carter's disastrous economy many Americans were pushed to very uncomfortable limits to keep a roof over their head and the lights on. The rest of them actually did lose their homes, and consequently their life's work. I know, I was there. Then came along Reagan who shot Carter out of the saddle after his miserable single term. And the economy improved so much during Reagan's tenure that his successor Bill Clinton, another not so truthful Democrat, got to take credit for Reagan's amazing legacy. Don't try to tell me no Dem has ever destroyed the economy.

It has been a vicious cycle between the two parties alright. Keeping the Keynesian mushrooms beat back has been a US recurring nightmare. Carter/Reagan. Obama/Trump. And here we are once again staring into history's abyss and trying to survive another wave, but this time there is something new. The twin tower idiocy of Global Warming and social justice. Setting aside the moral implications of social justice; We cannot just pass a bill to end the use of fossil fuels and simultaneously borrow trillions of dollars to rebuild a fantasy land green energy gird through which expensive and scarce energy will flow, and think the economy will not suffer. Thus the equation Biden/Who? is yet unbalanced. But the price tag in this latest round of liberal foolishness will mean that for most people, even after spending all they have and refy'ing their house to the max, the bank will wind up taking their home anyway. Then what?
"And the economy improved so much during Reagan's tenure that his successor Bill Clinton, another not so truthful Democrat, got to take credit for Reagan's amazing legacy."
This is the Biggest Lie so far from Commrade TRT(Besides the Big Lie) You give Reagan credit for Clinton success But you forgot one very important detail there was another president between Reagan and Clinton and his name is Bush Senior Which he had a recession after your boy Reagan left office. Now by your way of thinking Instead of Clinton enjoying the coat tails of Reagan he missed Bush Senior who after just a short 4 year term should sound familiar to you since that's exactly what happened to your Dear Leader. Now you might convince one of your Dear Leader's Sheep(not that bright to start with) with all the BS you are trying to peddle but that dog don't hunt with some of us.

Aw, Chester wants some attention. You, who's yet to post the first original thought on this forum calling anybody else not bright, is past laughable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-02-2021, 07:32 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 04:50 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Oh you did.  You whined and whined about this dem administration excluding the fossil fuel industry.  Don’t tell fibs, TRT.  

The blasphemy is on you as you use God in your justification of every topic that hits this board.  Wouldn’t that be using the Lord’s name in vain? 

Biden doesn’t support 4-year college.    He supports community college. 

Your unwillingness to take a stance on any of these programs is cowardly. Cynicism aside if the man can do it do you support them or not?

(05-02-2021, 04:59 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:34 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I don’t remember, but were you this worried about the debt when Trump cut taxes? When we spent 20 years and trillions fighting in the Middle East and Afghanistan?  When a moron thought we needed a wall at the southern border? 

probably not.  

Big Grin Big Grin 
you literally responded to a post intended for Hooter.  

Are you two the same person? 

Big Grin 

this is too much. Big Grin

I did. Still doesn't change the fact that Old School's veracity by comparison highlights your smallness.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-02-2021, 10:12 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 09:33 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:42 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I'm not really worried so much about my own taxes going up, Twin Ticks. I care about this country and do not look forward to watching Democrats wreck our economy again with their foolish attempts to punish successful people in our society through confiscatory tax policies.
Big Grin

Aw,  Chester wants some attention. You, who's yet to post the first original thought on this forum calling anybody else not bright, is past laughable.
Commrade let me give you some advice before you hit post reply you should definitely look over it some and think about it.
You skipped 4 years to get to Clinton not only your biggest lie(excluding the Big Lie) but it's right there with some of your dumbest post. Now if someone from the Trump Organization or Russian Foreign Intelligence Service payed you that would make sense.
(05-02-2021, 10:03 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Cardfan wrote:

Oh you did.  You whined and whined about this dem administration excluding the fossil fuel industry.  Don’t tell fibs, TRT. 

The blasphemy is on you as you use God in your justification of every topic that hits this board.  Wouldn’t that be using the Lord’s name in vain?

Your unwillingness to take a stance on any of these programs is cowardly. Cynicism aside if the man can do it do you support them or not?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a pack of lies. My disagreement with the administration over the mindless and arbitrary elimination of all sources of available energy is not to beg for a thing.

Cardfan, the man most ignorant of God or His ways, continues to set himself up as some sort of expert on the Scriptures. God created this world, the universe in which it is hung, and every last mineral, element and life form that earth supports. He is the authority of creation and I will continue to take His cues on proper stewardship over that creation. To that end I say it is supremely idiotic for men to abandon the only sources of energy that exist, by virtue or substance of proclamation only. And even though that proclamation  may be written out on a paper bearing the congressional seal, alternative forms of energy do not exist in any way remotely necessary to sustain this land and it's people.

What Biden says and what Biden does are light years apart. The left wants free college and you know it.

Past that, my money says there scarcely types a bigger coward than you on this board.
Dude, you’re the one that used God to support your political talking points.  

So far your version of God cherishes fossil fuels, but really doesn’t give a hoot about children. 

In this 100 days, Biden has done what he said.  

prove it.  Prove where Biden said free college.  
 I’ve said it.  Much of the left has said it, but not Joseph Robinette Biden.  

So back to the question, if he could make these programs work, would you be for them?  

I’m not the one who won’t answer the question.
(05-03-2021, 07:42 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Cardfan, the man most ignorant of God or His ways, continues to set himself up as some sort of expert on the Scriptures. God created this world, the universe in which it is hung, and every last mineral, element and life form that earth supports. He is the authority of creation and I will continue to take His cues on proper stewardship over that creation. To that end I say it is supremely idiotic for men to abandon the only sources of energy that exist, by virtue or substance of proclamation only. And even though that proclamation  may be written out on a paper bearing the congressional seal, alternative forms of energy do not exist in any way remotely necessary to sustain this land and it's people.

So far your version of God cherishes fossil fuels, but really doesn’t give a hoot about children. 

So back to the question, if he could make these programs work, would you be for them?  

Commrade TRT has no answer for anyone to believe that Clinton success was because of Reagan is so stupid and untruthful is unbelievably. Why didn't it benefit the 2 Bush's ?
(05-03-2021, 08:03 AM)vector#1 Wrote:

Commrade TRT has no answer for anyone to believe that Clinton success was because of Reagan is so stupid and untruthful is unbelievably. Why didn't it benefit the 2 Bush's ?
Ronnie, loved his spending.  He loved bombs, government bureaucrats, and covert operations, oh my.   Hard to believe these conservatives tout a fella whose spending surpassed Obama's.  Big Grin

No I didn't use God. The founder's are the ones who based this nation's inception on Godly principles, and lying libs liike you, deny it.

From the US Declaration of Independence---
"In Congress, July 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."
https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/d...transcript

^^ I encourage all who come across this to take the time to read it. It should be impossible in any case to deny our founders derived the authority to separate America from the oppressive rule of mad King George and establish a government based on godly morality, from Scripture. Nonetheless rabid libs have developed such ease with lying to achieve their ends, they use the same tactic to deny the self evident truths of our founding. And further, it is no small irony that those who deny God, libs, are also the ones who continually try to revise the Constitution.

Biden didn't say his endgame was free college education. I said his endgame was free education, and I got that impression from the media. I always prove the things I say. You on the other hand have yet to ever prove the first word of the talking points you parrot.

If your aim is to highlight the political differences between us why bother? If your aim is to claim the moral high ground you're delusional, and I am satisfied to wait until God's judgment for the mouths of people like you, who would pollute His Word with their own ideas of morality, to be stopped. As I have said before and to analogize--- the speed of which the climax of historical events will happen from this point onward will increase exponentially. Like shifting through the gears of the transmission in my 57 chevy. The equation. Human history thru 2020 = 1st gear. Globalism leading to the one world government = 2nd gear. The great Tribulation = 3rd gear. Oops, out of gears
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a low threshold for bozos who misrepresent history and therefore am reluctant to play your two's game. I have answered volumes worth of personal analysis on the era on this forum. If one inherits a fat bank account from his father he can claim it was he who made it all he wants. The bank knows better and his father's business associates and acquaintances know better.

Clinton inherited a restored national treasury and a thriving economic structure based on supply and demand. Same was true to a somewhat lesser extent for the Bushes because like a train up to speed, you don't just stop in a few feet. It takes awhile for stupid to undo smart in other words. Trump has restored America to a semblance of the Reagan Era. It will take the rabid chipmunks a bit to run through all the good he did but make no mistake, Dems are good at it and they will run through it. I say it may well be existential this time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-03-2021, 01:55 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

No I didn't use God. The founder's are the ones who based this nation's inception on Godly principles, and lying libs liike you, deny it.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

^^ I encourage all who come across this to take the time to read it. It should be impossible in any case to deny our founders derived the authority to separate America from the oppressive rule of mad King George and establish a government based on godly morality, from Scripture. Nonetheless rabid libs have developed such ease with lying to achieve their ends, they use the same tactic to deny the self evident truths of our founding. And further, it is no small irony that those who deny God, libs, are also the ones who continually try to revise the Constitution.

Biden didn't say his endgame was free college education. I said his endgame was free education, and I got that impression from the media. I always prove the things I say. You on the other hand have yet to ever prove the first word of the talking points you parrot.

If your aim is to highlight the political differences between us why bother? If your aim is to claim the moral high ground you're delusional, and I am satisfied to wait until God's judgment for the mouths of people like you, who would pollute His Word with their own ideas of morality, to be stopped. As I have said before and to analogize--- the speed of which the climax of historical events will happen from this point onward will increase exponentially. Like shifting through the gears of the transmission in my 57 chevy. The equation. Human history thru 2020 = 1st gear. Globalism leading to the one world government = 2nd gear. The great Tribulation = 3rd gear. Oops, out of gears
Well, you did and you do. 

When your argument is at its weakest you sprinkle in Bible verses trying to derail the conversation. 

FWIW, it’s a pretty sickening practice.  

And today you’ve devolved into preaching the end of times.   Dodgy

The end of times?!!    Huh

because Democrats want to expand preschool, safe water, community college, etc. God is going to smite the Earth for that?  For helping others?  
That’s a new one to me.   Dodgy

Biden didn't say his endgame was free college education. I said his endgame was free education, and I got that impression from the media. I always prove the things I say.”

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Nice try.  

Why didn't you say you were being sarcastic like another stable genius we know?    Cool

Just say you don’t care about people, because Democrats do, TRT. 
Just say it’s nothing but politics.  
Just say your friends, neighbors, their children, and their grandchildren can kick rocks and struggle more because it’s a democratic idea.  
Be honest about it one time. Be honest about how you deep down hate Americans and want their lives to be harder.

(05-03-2021, 02:17 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

I have a low threshold for bozos who misrepresent history and therefore am reluctant to play your two's game. I have answered volumes worth of personal analysis on the era on this forum. If one inherits a fat bank account from his father he can claim it was he who made it all he wants. The bank knows better and his father's business associates and acquaintances know better.

Clinton inherited a restored national treasury and a thriving economic structure based on supply and demand. Same was true to a somewhat lesser extent for the Bushes because like a train up to speed, you don't just stop in a few feet. It takes awhile for stupid to undo smart in other words. Trump has restored America to a semblance of the Reagan Era. It will take the rabid chipmunks a bit to run through all the good he did but make no mistake, Dems are good at it and they will run through it. I say it may well be existential this time.
that's a lie.  You do read your posts, right?  Cool

You described Trump to a T.   Smile

Didn't push have to raise taxes to pay for the Reagan economy? I was still a young whipper-snapper, but I remember the guy saying Read My Lips, no new taxes.  H.W. had to clean up the Savings and Loan mess that Reagan allowed to fester, and he had a larger deficit dropped in his lap than Ronnie received from Carter, SO he had to raise taxes and he lost.  

TRT, you are gonna have to take off the rose-colored glasses and stop the idol worship. You've been bamboozled.
(05-03-2021, 09:51 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Ronnie, loved his spending.  He loved bombs, government bureaucrats, and covert operations, oh my.   Hard to believe these conservatives tout a fella whose spending surpassed Obama's.  Big Grin

Indeed he did. Federal spending under the conservatives' "Golden Boy"  was 22.4%(percent of GDP), above the 40-year average of  20.7%   and above Carter's  20.8%.  Also, most Republicans conveniently forget that Nancy's other half raised taxes 11 times on the backs of the middle class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1

Commrade you are just peddling more of your Bull Sh!t like always the only thing missing is one of your bible verses I guess you do know when to pull back
Now this is your election fraud Commrades TRT, Quooter, and Jet or should I start calling you mig

‘I Listened to Too Much Propaganda’: White Trump Voter Gets Probation After Voting for His Dead Mother and Registering Another Dead Woman as a Republican in Pa. (msn.com)

(05-03-2021, 03:07 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 01:55 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Well, you did and you do. 

When your argument is at its weakest you sprinkle in Bible verses trying to derail the conversation. 

FWIW, it’s a pretty sickening practice.  

And today you’ve devolved into preaching the end of times.   Dodgy

The end of times?!!    Huh

because Democrats want to expand preschool, safe water, community college, etc. God is going to smite the Earth for that?  For helping others?  
That’s a new one to me.   Dodgy

Biden didn't say his endgame was free college education. I said his endgame was free education, and I got that impression from the media. I always prove the things I say.”

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Nice try.  

Why didn't you say you were being sarcastic like another stable genius we know?    Cool

Just say you don’t care about people, because Democrats do, TRT. 
Just say it’s nothing but politics.  
Just say your friends, neighbors, their children, and their grandchildren can kick rocks and struggle more because it’s a democratic idea.  
Be honest about it one time. Be honest about how you deep down hate Americans and want their lives to be harder.

that's a lie.  You do read your posts, right?  Cool

You described Trump to a T.   Smile

Didn't push have to raise taxes to pay for the Reagan economy? I was still a young whipper-snapper, but I remember the guy saying Read My Lips, no new taxes.  H.W. had to clean up the Savings and Loan mess that Reagan allowed to fester, and he had a larger deficit dropped in his lap than Ronnie received from Carter, SO he had to raise taxes and he lost.  

TRT, you are gonna have to take off the rose-colored glasses and stop the idol worship. You've been bamboozled.
Reagan campaign on the debt being too high it was 600 billion just another hypocrite republican 
And then the Republicans took over the rest is history
China Joe Biden just proposed trillions of dollars in new spending for new entitlement programs and the communists/nazis who frequent this forum are attacking Reagan over his deficit spending, which resulting in this nation winning the Cold War. I remember Jimmy Carter and I lived through his misery index. Ronald Reagan earned a spot (but there is no room left) on Mount Rushmore for relieving the suffering in this country following the worst U.S. president in American history up until that time. You guys are not content with lying about the current state of affairs, you are constantly repeating the lies of the past as if you can change history. The past is the past and no amount of your lies will change it. Try predicting the future based on the irresponsible actions of the politicians for whom you voted. It is not too late too change the future.

Expanded preschool?
free community college? 
improved elder care?  
safe water programs? 

Speaking of the national debt, Trump's tax cuts are expected to add 1.5 trillion to the national debt over the next 10 years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

"I want to take a look at those tax cuts," Wallace told Cassidy during an interview on Fox News Sunday. "According to the Tax Policy Center, the average first year tax cut for a household making less than $25,000—the average tax cut was just $60. The average tax cut for a household making $3.4 million was $193,000. And contrary to talk that it will pay for itself, the Trump tax cuts are now projected to add $1.5 trillion to the deficit over 10 years," Wallace explained.
(05-03-2021, 06:01 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Liberal: Lindsey Graham is a conservative. Lindsey Graham thinks Joe Biden is swell. You are a conservative. You should agree with Lindsey Graham.

Expanded preschool?
free community college? 
improved elder care?  
safe water programs? 

Speaking of the national debt, Trump's tax cuts are expected to add 1.5 trillion to the national debt over the next 10 years.

"I want to take a look at those tax cuts," Wallace told Cassidy during an interview on Fox News Sunday. "According to the Tax Policy Center, the average first year tax cut for a household making less than $25,000—the average tax cut was just $60. The average tax cut for a household making $3.4 million was $193,000. And contrary to talk that it will pay for itself, the Trump tax cuts are now projected to add $1.5 trillion to the deficit over 10 years," Wallace explained.
Socialists consistently overestimate the impact of tax cuts on budget deficits. They assume that tax cuts do nothing to grow the economy, a notion that has been disproved time and again throughout American history. Tax cuts have often resulted in increases in tax revenue because of economic expansion but leftists love to ignore this fact. Did you expect the Biden administration to provide an objective analysis of the Trump tax cuts?
(05-03-2021, 05:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: China Joe Biden just proposed trillions of dollars in new spending for new entitlement programs and the communists/nazis who frequent this forum are attacking Reagan over his deficit spending, which resulting in this nation winning the Cold War. I remember Jimmy Carter and I lived through his misery index. Ronald Reagan earned a spot (but there is no room left) on Mount Rushmore for relieving the suffering in this country following the worst U.S. president in American history up until that time. You guys are not content with lying about the current state of affairs, you are constantly repeating the lies of the past as if you can change history. The past is the past and no amount of your lies will change it. Try predicting the future based on the irresponsible actions of the politicians for whom you voted. It is not too late too change the future.
What’s a communist/nazi? Big Grin  

which entitlement program grinds your gears, Hooter?  

safe water
expanded Preschool
Community college 
elder care 

I can’t get an answer out of TRT.  You got more courage than him?
(05-03-2021, 06:11 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 05:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: China Joe Biden just proposed trillions of dollars in new spending for new entitlement programs and the communists/nazis who frequent this forum are attacking Reagan over his deficit spending, which resulting in this nation winning the Cold War. I remember Jimmy Carter and I lived through his misery index. Ronald Reagan earned a spot (but there is no room left) on Mount Rushmore for relieving the suffering in this country following the worst U.S. president in American history up until that time. You guys are not content with lying about the current state of affairs, you are constantly repeating the lies of the past as if you can change history. The past is the past and no amount of your lies will change it. Try predicting the future based on the irresponsible actions of the politicians for whom you voted. It is not too late too change the future.

safe water
expanded Preschool
Community college 
elder care 

Twin Ticks, a communist/nazi is an individual who knows nothing about political ideologies, but loves the notion of controlling other people's lives through an oppressive government. You, Twin Ticks, are such an individual. If you were more intelligent, honest, and/or better informed, I would be more inclined to spend time responding to your posts. TBH, I view you and your multiple accounts as laughing hyenas - way to ignorant to provide comic relief.
Commrade Quooter you are giving Reagan too much credit for ending the cold war. Russia runned out of Rubbles that's what happened to the cold war we can print money Russia can't you are to know that Commrade. Russian people was hurting all the rubbles was going to the military they got tired of it. It's not that complicated .
(05-03-2021, 06:16 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 06:11 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

safe water
expanded Preschool
Community college 
elder care 

Twin Ticks, a communist/nazi is an individual who knows nothing about political ideologies, but loves the notion of controlling other people's lives through an oppressive government. You, Twin Ticks, are such an individual. If you were more intelligent, honest, and/or better informed, I would be more inclined to spend time responding to your posts. TBH, I view you and your multiple accounts as laughing hyenas - way to ignorant to provide comic relief.
Got ya, just another vapid insult; you do realize that’s an oxymoron, right?  Right? 

So politics too.  Noted. 

My other account is a Qanon loving Trump worshipping conservative Big Grin  You’ll love him.
(05-03-2021, 06:07 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 06:01 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 08:11 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Which Marxist-leninist proposals get your goat, Hooter? 

Expanded preschool?
free community college? 
improved elder care?  
safe water programs? 

Socialists consistently overestimate the impact of tax cuts on budget deficits. They assume that tax cuts do nothing to grow the economy, a notion that has been disproved time and again throughout American history. Tax cuts have often resulted in increases in tax revenue because of economic expansion but leftists love to ignore this fact. Did you expect the Biden administration to provide an objective analysis of the Trump tax cuts?
Commrade Quooter Consumer spending what drives the economy not stock buy backs also government spending.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1