Running clock by halftime.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F-N 1980's post:
  • Hatz
Golden Eagles!!!!

Johnson Central 42
Harlan County 07
Johnson Central 48
Harlan 0
The 2 point safety Harlan put up on JCs 1st string inspired hope in the bears. With that said, hope only goes so far.

JC 42-14
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Old guy
Since it is Senior night, I looks for the Eagles to be especially focused. 56-7 JC
Eagles by 36+
Coach Matney seems to prefer getting a running clock early and subbing early in the playoffs to minimize the risk of injuries. I expect an early running clock, after which Harlan County will tack on a TD or two.

JC 43 HC 20
JC starts their state title hunt with a running clock!
Just judging off the first game, I’d say it’ll be a running clock, because Jc is at home, and will be focused in, but an early running clock, I’m not so sure about. If you made me bet, I’d say it comes in the 3rd
I agree with Hoot..... JC puts up a running clock as early as they can & begins to mass-sub.

If I'm not mistaken, Ryley Preece sustained a knee injury against Harlan County last season.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Yep, he did. It was a scary moment.
All you guys can kiss my number 10 foot!!!!

JC may win but they will know they've been in a game!
:)

Seriously, good luck to both teams for an injury free contest!!

Go Black Bears!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert, SomeBunnyFan_10
(11-16-2020, 01:56 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: All you guys can kiss my number 10 foot!!!!

Smile

Go Black Bears!!!
Yeah, no injuries is the main goal. ..just glad the kids are getting to play. Make no mistake, this JC fan respects every opponent. :-)
[-] The following 2 users Like Old guy's post:
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
Eagles on a mission hope for a safe game for both teams
[-] The following 1 user Likes maximus73's post:
  • Granny Bear
(11-16-2020, 02:15 PM)Old guy Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 01:56 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: All you guys can kiss my number 10 foot!!!!

:)

Go Black Bears!!!
Yeah, no injuries is the main goal. ..just glad the kids are getting to play. Make no mistake, this JC fan respects every opponent. :-)

I have so much respect for Johnson Central and their program!! I also have some great true friends from that fan base!! But I also love my Black Bears, and I will never chose against them!! I would love to be there but the drive is difficult for me. If I made that drive there and back, I'd be too stove up to cook for Thanksgiving!!!!
I hate that you cannot make the trip, but I do understand. It's the countdown to then end of my son's career. He looked at me and said, "Best case scenario for us, I only have about 5 weeks of football left." It was depressing.
quick and easy.
(11-19-2020, 12:09 PM)Old guy Wrote: I hate that you cannot make the trip, but I do understand. It's the countdown to then end of my son's career. He looked at me and said, "Best case scenario for us, I only have about 5 weeks of football left." It was depressing.
True. But if he is a 4 year player.  It was one good ride for him!!
Are they selling tickets at the gate for this one?
As of now, tickets are being sold at the front office of the high school for 10a - 2p today. I am not sure about at the gate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-20-2020, 12:03 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 12:09 PM)Old guy Wrote: I hate that you cannot make the trip, but I do understand. It's the countdown to then end of my son's career. He looked at me and said, "Best case scenario for us, I only have about 5 weeks of football left." It was depressing.

He is a four year player. It has been a great ride for sure, just hate to see it winding down. I hope we get to play all the way to Kroger.
  • Bull got out!, ekywildcat
So do I!!!! I have been in your position of experiencing the last season, 5 times over the past several years. It is a heart rendering and bittersweet place to be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Old guy
(11-20-2020, 10:27 AM)Old guy Wrote:

He is a four year player. It has been a great ride for sure, just hate to see it winding down. I hope we get to play all the way to Kroger.
Well you seem like a good guy. And I hope your kid enjoys this season. But I can’t say I hope you play all the way to Kroger if you get what I mean. Hahah
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Old guy
Is this game going to be streamed tonight?
https://team1prep.com/ it is a paid stream.

(11-20-2020, 12:44 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 10:27 AM)Old guy Wrote:

Well you seem like a good guy. And I hope your kid enjoys this season. But I can’t say I hope you play all the way to Kroger if you get what I mean. Hahah

I get you...I feel the same way about the Hounds. :-)
  • Bull got out!, Granny Bear
The reason that I expect Johnson Central to race to a large lead tonight is that Harlan totally dominated the time of possession in the first match up between these teams. Jim Matney and his staff have had plenty of time to rework their defensive game plan for the rematch and I do not believe that Harlan County will move the ball as consistently as it did in the first game.

JC's offensive stats for the first game had the Golden Eagles running only 17 plays for 328 yards of total offense. That works out to an average of over 19 yards per play. I doubt that JC will match that yds/carry average but if they can force a few punts or force a couple of turnovers early, I believe that they will more than double their offensive plays over the first game. If the times of possession between the two teams is close, then the score will probably not be close.

I cannot remember seeing stats where a team averaged nearly 20 yards per play and scored only 33 points. Despite getting shutout, HC's offense deserves a lot of credit for limiting JC's possessions in the first game. I just do not expect them to be able to match that performance tonight.
JC 22-0
7:41 1st Quarter
JC 32-0
8:28 in 2nd
JC 39-0 running clock
2:00 2nd

JC starting to sub