Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA Using RPI for virtual games of non-played district games?
https://twitter.com/NateInSports/status/...2119245824

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

I guess I missed this or misunderstood this

It APPEARS KHSAA is using RPI for virtual games to decide outcomes of non-played district games.

So each team's district record will include same amount of games in final district seeding

https://khsaa.org/tie-breaking-game-resu...-contests/

https://twitter.com/NateInSports/status/...1078204420

Notably:

*Manual would be credited with win over St. Xavier
*Scott County would be credited with win over Frederick Douglass
*DeSales would be credited with losses to both CAL and Mercer
*Knox Central would be credited with a win over Wayne
I think this is dumb. FD is obviously better than Scott county so they should be 1st. Maybe they should take into account teams like SC end up being soft and won’t play cause of “covid”. And desales would probably wipe CAL too. RPI is an ok system but not the absolute best.
[-] The following 2 users Like SayreSpartan2006's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, PHSFarmersMarket
Ya it's bogus.... Scott Co (Mckee) running from FD in the season so they can host them in the playoffs with a higher RPI. News flash it won't matter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ironfist13's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Oh wow. 4A district 7 Knox vs Wayne, this could have a huge impact. Knox gets home filed. I still think Wayne will win, but it’s going to be much harder for them outside of Bville
So sayre and Pikeville... Who wins this virtual matchup?
I think it should go back to when the districts played each other. Like 6 vs 7 for example
(11-05-2020, 12:36 AM)Hawks101 Wrote: I think it should go back to when the districts played each other. Like 6 vs 7 for example
Are you talking about the cross bracketing? I don’t see it ever going back to that, and personally I don’t mind it in the first round or so, but I still believe that RPI is the way to go. And with that I think they will eventually revamp the formula to add in some other metrics. But the reason I don’t think we will see cross bracketing again is the money part of it. I don’t know if that’s why the board hated it so much or what? But if you remember back when it was announced, they just kinda sprung it on coaches.  Without much of their input. But you could tell by the chairpersons comments they despised cross bracketing.
(11-04-2020, 04:58 PM)Go Blazers Go Wrote: So sayre and Pikeville...  Who wins this virtual matchup?
No virtual match up here - last year b4 COVID-19 BOC/KHSAA placed Sayer as the #4 seed.  The win over Phelps is not counted in the District W-L's either.
(11-06-2020, 12:54 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 12:36 AM)Hawks101 Wrote: I think it should go back to when the districts played each other. Like 6 vs 7 for example
Are you talking about the cross bracketing? I don’t see it ever going back to that, and personally I don’t mind it in the first round or so, but I still believe that RPI is the way to go. And with that I think they will eventually revamp the formula to add in some other metrics. But the reason I don’t think we will see cross bracketing again is the money part of it. I don’t know if that’s why the board hated it so much or what? But if you remember back when it was announced, they just kinda sprung it on coaches.  Without much of their input. But you could tell by the chairpersons comments they despised cross bracketing.
Well. Not just the cross bracketing more like the theme we use before the cross bracketing started. Its a alright system the RPI but i always liked the old. Lol
Are they using the RPI at the time of virtual meeting or at the time of final playoff alignment? Where does that leave Knott, Morgan, Leslie? Does Breathitt Still get the #1 seed over Middlesboro? I saw that Middlesboro has a higher RPI than does Breathitt as of now, but Breathitt crapped out a W against them.
Twitter: @tc_analytics