Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region
I've not been on here much in the last couple of weeks due to sickness and ant been able to attend games like I've wanted . But what has happen to all the 13th region thread talking and post about the games ?? Nobody is posting much or even keeping any updates on the games. I saw on score board last night where Middlesboro beat North Laurel at North and nobody talking about it. Jackson County beat Red Bird with a beat down and Harlan county beat Corbin at Corbin but still no thread talking. It's all 14th and 15th thread. I know the sickness n flu has got alot of games cancelled Clay county had cancelled all games until next week through the board said no sports activity after cancelling school for the week.
BigMouth... Hows's the mountaineers of OBI doing I've not seen much thread talk since I've been on here active is everything still going strong down there ??
JayTiger Wrote:I've not been on here much in the last couple of weeks due to sickness and ant been able to attend games like I've wanted . But what has happen to all the 13th region thread talking and post about the games ?? Nobody is posting much or even keeping any updates on the games. I saw on score board last night where Middlesboro beat North Laurel at North and nobody talking about it. Jackson County beat Red Bird with a beat down and Harlan county beat Corbin at Corbin but still no thread talking. It's all 14th and 15th thread. I know the sickness n flu has got alot of games cancelled Clay county had cancelled all games until next week through the board said no sports activity after cancelling school for the week.
middlesboro vs north game was at boro not at north but I am like you not much talk. i hear both north vs boro and bell vs sw got pretty heated last night
Obi lost too north today but led most of the game.
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:Obi lost too north today but led most of the game.

Is north getting worse or obi getting better?
My opinion obi in one game is a dangerous team. Hard to play against because of there big hall. And they shoot well. But they don’t show up every night. N
Just getting back to London. Bell and South was wild. Brett and Parker Payne stepped it up tonight
I'm not saying this to put down any kids at all but looking at the 13th region at this point, it is really really weak. I still believe only three teams can win it all. South, north, clay. The first two is playing bad right now and clay typically plays horrible when it counts, so who knows what will happen. So I think this is why there is not alot of talk on here about the 13th as there is not much to talk about. With all that said, I will still be excited to go to the arena and see how everything plays out.
Never been to a game quit like it.
Student section confetti bombed the floor, no T. Norvell got an extracurricular push after scoring underneath. Parker banking in two threes at critical time. It was interesting for sure
Wayne_ Wrote:I'm not saying this to put down any kids at all but looking at the 13th region at this point, it is really really weak. I still believe only three teams can win it all. South, north, clay. The first two is playing bad right now and clay typically plays horrible when it counts, so who knows what will happen. So I think this is why there is not alot of talk on here about the 13th as there is not much to talk about. With all that said, I will still be excited to go to the arena and see how everything plays out.
i think 13th is a little down. Not sure about the others but south has beat top 20 ranked teams st x, tatescreek and bowling green this year and is ranked as high as 14th and as low as 21st in the state as of now. South has won 11 of their last 12. Only a 1 point loss at clay during this stretch.
South is playing the best ball in the region right now, and if you look at their schedule there are some tough games left, but they could win out in the regular season. North seems to have hit a lull for whatever reason. With Bell and Harlan Co. both playing teams tough, it looks like there won’t be any easy games in the regional tournament, not even in the first round, except MAYBE for whoever draws runner-up from KC’s district.
South pulled out a win last night at Bell they would have lost a month ago. Nobody could hit a shot the 1st q except Parker Payne came in and hit our only 2fgs.down 8-6 after one q. Def kept us in it. On a night ball wouldn’t go down and Cromer with 2nd foul midway thru 2nd q and picking up 3 and 4 early in 3rd and having to sit till 3 min to go. Parker Payne and Brett norvell cameup with 17Career high for the freshman) and 19pts and 10 rebs in a very hostile physical game. Everybody had to step up. Most people would disagree with me but I think it’s one of souths best wins of the season
I was at the north and obi game. Want my honest opinion? I have no dog in the fight but obi come out in a man defense and literally was killing north. Got up 14-3 on em quick. Officials have made the game of basketball unbearable to watch. They called 7 fouls on obi in the first 3 mins of the game. And that’s why I’m assuming coach Woods went to zone. Even after north hit what had to be 10-12 3’s in the first half due to them having to go zone, Oneida only trailed by 5 at the half. Oneida also didn’t make a free throw. I bet they missed 10. Which when I look at stats they usually never miss them. The Suchi kid is a 90% free throw shooter and hall is great also. Well Oneida still was up 3 early in the 4th and their point guard, number 3 I think, fouled out so north started speeding then up and made free throws at the end and won by 12 or so. OBI was the better team that game. Officials dictated the pace. If I’m Oneida I’m filing a complaint. Once instance with Oneida up 5 in the 3rd ref calls a block and they change it to charge after looking at another ref who wasn’t even in the play. With Oneida making normal free throws and officials letting them play man they beat north by double digits. Jacob Hall was triple teamed all night. Best big in the 13th no comparison. Hardest to guard.
ky playmaker Wrote:South pulled out a win last night at Bell they would have lost a month ago. Nobody could hit a shot the 1st q except Parker Payne came in and hit our only 2fgs.down 8-6 after one q. Def kept us in it. On a night ball wouldn’t go down and Cromer with 2nd foul midway thru 2nd q and picking up 3 and 4 early in 3rd and having to sit till 3 min to go. Parker Payne and Brett norvell cameup with 17Career high for the freshman) and 19pts and 10 rebs in a very hostile physical game. Everybody had to step up. Most people would disagree with me but I think it’s one of souths best wins of the season

No disagreement here. Bell is tougher than record indicates. London Stephany is a matchup problem. Bell’s bench and coaching were fired up when cromer picked up 4th. The guys really played well when he sat until late in fourth
Wayne_ Wrote:I'm not saying this to put down any kids at all but looking at the 13th region at this point, it is really really weak. I still believe only three teams can win it all. South, north, clay. The first two is playing bad right now and clay typically plays horrible when it counts, so who knows what will happen. So I think this is why there is not alot of talk on here about the 13th as there is not much to talk about. With all that said, I will still be excited to go to the arena and see how everything plays out.

Seen a few teams play in other regions, not seeing that one dominant team like a Scott county or Trinity right now. John Hardin has taken a loss as has Ballard and Male.

Now I’m not saying a mountain team wins it this year, but this seems like a season that someone unexpected wins in Rupp.
It took me 10 minutes just to post this, My phone works in slow motion on BGR, anyone ever had that problem :igiveup:
WeareCC1987 Wrote:I was at the north and obi game. Want my honest opinion? I have no dog in the fight but obi come out in a man defense and literally was killing north. Got up 14-3 on em quick. Officials have made the game of basketball unbearable to watch. They called 7 fouls on obi in the first 3 mins of the game. And that’s why I’m assuming coach Woods went to zone. Even after north hit what had to be 10-12 3’s in the first half due to them having to go zone, Oneida only trailed by 5 at the half. Oneida also didn’t make a free throw. I bet they missed 10. Which when I look at stats they usually never miss them. The Suchi kid is a 90% free throw shooter and hall is great also. Well Oneida still was up 3 early in the 4th and their point guard, number 3 I think, fouled out so north started speeding then up and made free throws at the end and won by 12 or so. OBI was the better team that game. Officials dictated the pace. If I’m Oneida I’m filing a complaint. Once instance with Oneida up 5 in the 3rd ref calls a block and they change it to charge after looking at another ref who wasn’t even in the play. With Oneida making normal free throws and officials letting them play man they beat north by double digits. Jacob Hall was triple teamed all night. Best big in the 13th no comparison. Hardest to guard.
Tuesday night will be a fun one at clay. North and clay neither one want to play Oneida on a neutral floor with a win or go home scenario.
You are spot on. He had a game plan coach woods and they were doing it perfectly and the refs took it away. The refs the way they were. Selling on Oneida could have called a foul every trip on someone fouling hall.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Seen a few teams play in other regions, not seeing that one dominant team like a Scott county or Trinity right now. John Hardin has taken a loss as has Ballard and Male.

Now I’m not saying a mountain team wins it this year, but this seems like a season that someone unexpected wins in Rupp.

I'll save you the suspense. It will be the 7th region winner or Cov Cath. You're welcome.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I'll save you the suspense. It will be the 7th region winner or Cov Cath. You're welcome.

Schools like Cov Catholic play by a whole different set of rules in the Khsaa they have no set school district get kids from all over northern KY even Ohio and nothing is ever said about it.
SmileyTown Wrote:Schools like Cov Catholic play by a whole different set of rules in the Khsaa they have no set school district get kids from all over northern KY even Ohio and nothing is ever said about it.

We need to not have private schools in the KHSAA (beating a dead horse).
ArJay Wrote:We need to not have private schools in the KHSAA (beating a dead horse).
That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard. You realize that’s all independent schools as well. Makes absolutely no sense.
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard. You realize that’s all independent schools as well. Makes absolutely no sense.

I think eliminating the unfair advantages private schools have would be good for high school sports. What if OBI was ran like Cordia? You would have an unfair advantage if you were bringing in D1 caliber athletes like Covington Catholic does from other states.
So all private school should be dropped from khsaa. What about the public schools that bring players in.
Van Hagar Wrote:South is playing the best ball in the region right now, and if you look at their schedule there are some tough games left, but they could win out in the regular season. North seems to have hit a lull for whatever reason. With Bell and Harlan Co. both playing teams tough, it looks like there won’t be any easy games in the regional tournament, not even in the first round, except MAYBE for whoever draws runner-up from KC’s district.

South beat barbourville by 10, whitley by 13 and bell by 5. I didnt see any of them games, but just figured if they were playing great that none of those games would have been close at all. Just my opinion on looking at just the scores. No doubt though, davis has done great so far with them. South is small and not loaded with talent yet they are winning.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I'll save you the suspense. It will be the 7th region winner or Cov Cath. You're welcome.

Could be. Just looked at Ballard’s last few games. They blew out St X, and have not lost since December (to PRP)
That’s why u don’t just look at scores. Barbourville game south I will admit played like they didn’t want to be there but was up 23 when davis started seeing what some diff lineups looked like. Whitley just played hard and south not so much. Bell was probably souths most impressive win of the year under the circumstances. Cromer picked up 2nd foul mid way thru 2nd. 3rd and 4th foul early in 3rd. Didn’t play again till 3 min left. Team really picked it up
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Could be. Just looked at Ballard’s last few games. They blew out St X, and have not lost since December (to PRP)

St x was without two of their best players in that one but yea Ballard is good

Bigmouth1953 Wrote:So all private school should be dropped from khsaa. What about the public schools that bring players in.

That is the very thing I was trying to point out schools like that can bring in unlimited amounts of players from wherever and nothing is ever said about it but a public school gets a high profile athlete and it is a big deal with all kinds of scrutiny and criticism at times. It is an unfair advantage. What the remedy for the situation I don’t know but it is a subject to be debated.
SmileyTown Wrote:That is the very thing I was trying to point out schools like that can bring in unlimited amounts of players from wherever and nothing is ever said about it but a public school gets a high profile athlete and it is a big deal with all kinds of scrutiny and criticism at times. It is an unfair advantage. What the remedy for the situation I don’t know but it is a subject to be debated.
in Louisville kids don’t have a home school to go too. They have open enrollment Kids can go to any school they want. Would be nice if they could figure out a level playing field but never will happen.