• 12(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry@Desales 11/29 3A State Semis
BellCo18 Wrote:Funny how RPI didn’t think so. 🤭

Well that shows how bad it really is.
Patriot1 Wrote:Well that shows how bad it really is.

Now now.
BellCo18 Wrote:Now now.

I was aggravating PJDoug about him saying that about the cupcakes but undoubtedly you didn’t understand and came back with your comment so I answered you with one of my own. You guys are to touchy about your team I quess. Never have I said anything about Bell bad. I will never comment on Bell thread because I don’t know anything about them. Well alittle now.
A buddy of mine, Town Mountain Jr., is a huge Belfry fan, and he makes a point of collecting Pirate film, going back decades; he thinks himself the premier Belfry archivist. We have been looking at some of the true masterpieces of the Haywood oeuvre, and I think the following games really stand out to me as to how DeSales will do against the Pirates:

The Bath County game from Nov 6, 2015. The Wildcats remind me a great deal of the Colts.

The Prestonburg game from Sep 7, 2012. The Blackcats are shockingly similar to the current DeSales crew.

Jackson County, from Nov 4, 2011; it's like the Generals were the exact team as the one found in south Louisville.

Cawood, from Nov 4, 2005. The parallels are uncanny.

I think all of us can feel safe that Friday's game will be eerily similar to the ones listed above.
turkeysalad Wrote:A buddy of mine, Town Mountain Jr., is a huge Belfry fan, and he makes a point of collecting Pirate film, going back decades; he thinks himself the premier Belfry archivist. We have been looking at some of the true masterpieces of the Haywood oeuvre, and I think the following games really stand out to me as to how DeSales will do against the Pirates:

The Bath County game from Nov 6, 2015. The Wildcats remind me a great deal of the Colts.

The Prestonburg game from Sep 7, 2012. The Blackcats are shockingly similar to the current DeSales crew.

Jackson County, from Nov 4, 2011; it's like the Generals were the exact team as the one found in south Louisville.

Cawood, from Nov 4, 2005. The parallels are uncanny.

I think all of us can feel safe that Friday's game will be eerily similar to the ones listed above.

Nice try lol. DeSales is the favorite. Own it 😂.
I think this game comes down to whoever wants to get a running clock put on them in the first quarter the most by Bell County next week at Kroger field. These two teams are just playing for second place.
bucslover68 Wrote:Nice try lol. DeSales is the favorite. Own it 😂.

All jokes aside I don’t think there is a clear cut favorite. If you made me choose..... paper I guess it would be the colts. But off paper, and my very low IQ tells me belfry is, but not by much. I’d love to see a spread on this one.

Calpreps has belfry winning by 2 on a neutral field. (I hate calpreps and don’t agree with a majority of their projections, but this might be pretty close
Patriot1 Wrote:I was aggravating PJDoug about him saying that about the cupcakes but undoubtedly you didn’t understand and came back with your comment so I answered you with one of my own. You guys are to touchy about your team I quess. Never have I said anything about Bell bad. I will never comment on Bell thread because I don’t know anything about them. Well alittle now.

Just picking on ya. It’s all good. Lol
Is Belfry's radio broadcast streamed? And if so, is there a link.
Tica Wrote:Is Belfry's radio broadcast streamed? And if so, is there a link.

I think it’s WDHR.com

Best broadcast crew in the business
Tica Wrote:Is Belfry's radio broadcast streamed? And if so, is there a link.

Would be honored to have you listen at WDHR.com
Forget the turkey is it Friday yet?
Guess we should stay home and save ourselves the beating.

[attachment=o3913]
Belfry_99 Wrote:Guess we should stay home and save ourselves the beating.

[attachment=o3913]
Yeah. Just stay home and eat leftovers. Lol.
Good luck to the whole Pirate Crew. Hope you guys take Desales to Suplex City.
slic ric Wrote:good luck to the whole pirate crew. Hope you guys take desales to suplex city.
woooooo!!!

[attachment=o3913]

Go Pirates ! Prove them wrong by bringing home the victory !!
bucslover68 Wrote:Would be honored to have you listen at WDHR.com

well I plan on splitting my time between that and the Bell-Taylor Co. game and thanks for the link.
Does Desales Have Live Feed For The Game Friday? If So Could Someone Post A Link Please!!

Thanks
The best defensive line money can buy. Tradition over tuition, boys, lets skip Thursday... I’m ready for some football.

[attachment=o3913]

If desales wins 34-14 I will eat my crow with left over turkey
PirateNation71 Wrote:Does Desales Have Live Feed For The Game Friday? If So Could Someone Post A Link Please!!

Thanks

I don't think so. Best bet will be WDHR.com
Patriot1 Wrote:So are you saying they haven’t played nothing but cup cakes PJDoug?
I was referring to the two cupcake teams playing in Louisville :biglmao:
bucslover68 Wrote:I don't think so. Best bet will be WDHR.com

Ok, Thanks
Holy crap!! Have you all watched D Scott from desales? The kid is a man child! Gosh I wish this game was live streamed just so I could see that matchup between him and whoever is responsible for blocking. Good size, good hands, quick feet, and appears to be very strong. A heck of a DE/LB for high school. After watching some highlights of him an desales defense this might be a defensive battle and very low scoring.
Hound05 Wrote:Holy crap!! Have you all watched D Scott from desales? The kid is a man child! Gosh I wish this game was live streamed just so I could see that matchup between him and whoever is responsible for blocking. Good size, good hands, quick feet, and appears to be very strong. A heck of a DE/LB for high school. After watching some highlights of him an desales defense this might be a defensive battle and very low scoring.

I watched him. Very impressive player on both sides of the ball. Reminded me of Antonio Gates out there catching the ball. Whoever is responsible for blocking him will have their hands full all night.
pirateforlife Wrote:I watched him. Very impressive player on both sides of the ball. Reminded me of Antonio Gates out there catching the ball. Whoever is responsible for blocking him will have their hands full all night.

Nobody is going to block him one on one, in my opinion. Hopefully Coach will give however he lines up in front of some TE or RB help. Because if he don't, Scott will live in our backfield.

And I'm not throwing off on any of the Pirate linemen either. NOBODY on our line could contain him all night by themselves. The kid is a beast. Same goes for #53 Watkins at DT and the other DE #87. The Belfry O-Line better play the best game they've ever played or it could be a long night for the Pirates.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Nobody is going to block him one on one, in my opinion. Hopefully Coach will give however he lines up in front of some TE or RB help. Because if he don't, Scott will live in our backfield.

And I'm not throwing off on any of the Pirate linemen either. NOBODY on our line could contain him all night by themselves. The kid is a beast. Same goes for #53 Watkins at DT and the other DE #87. The Belfry O-Line better play the best game they've ever played or it could be a long night for the Pirates.

Yes....the Belfry O-Line will need to play it’s best game to date, and get some help to control #87.....and to also pick up the blitzing LB that DeSales commonly sends. That being said.....I know the seniors in that groups have provided steady leadership to this point, and we’ve begun to see that unit really jell. No predictions on Friday....but I know they’re ready to play physical football.

Should be interesting.
Belfry has got to be patient offensively. It worked real well against Ashland. By patient I mean take what the defense gives you. If you can get 2-3 yards take it. Also, protecting Coleman at QB is imperative IMO. You ask how do you protect a QB that doesn't pass much? If they blow the center up, which normally does not happen, it really can throw the QB off. When that happens then the timing is off and for Belfry to be successful, then their timing has to be on. Also, when Belfry does pass then Coleman has to have the time to get rid of the ball. Case in point. The first or second play against Alter, Belfry goes play action and the receiver is wide open, probably 6. They get him from the blind side and he fumbles. When Belfry does pass they must keep Coleman upright.
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry has got to be patient offensively. It worked real well against Ashland. By patient I mean take what the defense gives you. If you can get 2-3 yards take it. Also, protecting Coleman at QB is imperative IMO. You ask how do you protect a QB that doesn't pass much? If they blow the center up, which normally does not happen, it really can throw the QB off. When that happens then the timing is off and for Belfry to be successful, then their timing has to be on. Also, when Belfry does pass then Coleman has to have the time to get rid of the ball. Case in point. The first or second play against Alter, Belfry goes play action and the receiver is wide open, probably 6. They get him from the blind side and he fumbles. When Belfry does pass they must keep Coleman upright.

That play changed the game, IMO. Early season not totally comfortable with the protection scheme. One guy steps the wrong way and it’s a strip sack. That doesn’t happen and it’s probably a 6 piece with extra sauce. Game changing play. Hopefully we’ll see the growth of a full season in little things like that.
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next