•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Tomcats @ Belfry Pirates 11-22-2019
T-CATS Wrote:Sounds crazy to me what was there reason for the forfeit and I’ve actually heard rumors on the Mayo stuff. Think I heard Ashland turned in Rose Hill.. I don’t follow the basketball at Ashland all that much except hearing a score hear or there.
As I recall, the only explanations in the middle school football forum came from Belfry parents and fans. It would be best if the Ashland decision makers explained what happened or somebody who was closer to the situation than I was. I do have some sympathy for the boys who were forced to live with that decision for the past four years.
Pulling for the Tomcats
T-CATS Wrote:Hometown TV Facebook interview with Haywood was interesting. He says Ashland is bigger then his Pirates. Should be a great game and hopefully it's not raining during the game.

Ashland absolutely is bigger than Belfry this year
AngryMob Wrote:Ashland absolutely is bigger than Belfry this year

That’s crazy! Because when I seen Pikeville play at Belfry they were absolute monsters. So I’d hate to see Ashland.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
AngryMob Wrote:Ashland absolutely is bigger than Belfry this year

Correct. I’ve seen 9 game films on the Tomcats .....and they’re definitely bigger than Belfry. Probably more so when it comes to height. I think from a weight perspective it’s a little closer. Ashland is a stout team.

I think their offensive philosophy, while it’s rooted in the run game, is different than Belfry’s. They will put it in the air some....and Gregg appears to be a competent passer, with only 1 INT on the season. To me, their run game is slightly more finesse driven, with the off tackle, cross counter and edges being their bread and butter. Belfry’s defense will be tested royally in maintaining gap integrity and not over pursing into he backfield like Russell did. The Belfry DE’s and LB’s will have to contain, flow and tackle well or it’s gonna be a tough night for the Pirates.

Ashland’s defense is hard charging, so the Belfry OLine will have to play their best game to date to establish the run game Belfry craves. I’m sure Ashland will show anywhere between 8-10 in the box....which is no different than Belfry has seen the past several years from everyone. The O-Line has to bring it for Belfry to be successful.

Gonna be a wet, cold night. Interested to see which team brings the most heat.
This is going to be a great game. Me and my oldest son will likely venture over to Pond Creek to check this one out.

IMO, this game can go a lot of different ways... I lean toward Belfry, but in a really close game.
Love To See Belfry Flat Mud Stomp Them,But Think Its Very Close Game.Its Time To Get The Wins Going Pond Creek Way For A While.Belfry 24-21
Buffs19 Wrote:Great matchup between two of the state's most storied programs. I have to be honest, I've only seen Ashland play one time this year and that was against Raceland. With that being said, if the boys over on Pond Creek are all healthy, then I don't see Ashland stopping them. I look for a competitive game in the beginning, but ultimately Belfry and those running backs are too much.

Belfry 35
Ashland 14

When it comes to ASH-land do you think those pre civil war days are still relevant? I mean come on, they didn't even wear helmets back when ASH-land was in it's hey day period.
T-CATS Wrote:From the looks of this thread if Belfry loses there’s going to be a lot of sick people Friday night with a plate full of crow to eat too.

And if they win, will you proclaim that "I made myself look stupid again"?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I want to send a big welcome out to the Tomcats and their staff and fans who will head to Belfry tomorrow. It looks as if it will rain early Friday but should be good throughout the game. CAM stadium has plenty of parking behind the home bleachers and in front of the gym. No umbrellas, sunflower seeds, or smoking is allowed at the stadium. You can smoke outside the gates. Concessions and bathrooms are on the home side with some of the best chili dogs and nachos around. If anyone is a radio headset wearer and wants some of the Belfry perspective you can tune in to 93.1 WDHR radio. Good Luck and safe travels. Also with the rain earlier in the day it’s good to bring some paper towels or garbage bags to have dry seating on aluminum bleachers.
bucslover68 Wrote:I want to send a big welcome out to the Tomcats and their staff and fans who will head to Belfry tomorrow. It looks as if it will rain early Friday but should be good throughout the game. CAM stadium has plenty of parking behind the home bleachers and in front of the gym. No umbrellas, sunflower seeds, or smoking is allowed at the stadium. You can smoke outside the gates. Concessions and bathrooms are on the home side with some of the best chili dogs and nachos around. If anyone is a radio headset wearer and wants some of the Belfry perspective you can tune in to 93.1 WDHR radio. Good Luck and safe travels. Also with the rain earlier in the day it’s good to bring some paper towels or garbage bags to have dry seating on aluminum bleachers.

Good stuff.
This game will be a West Virginia family reunion.
pjdoug Wrote:This game will be a West Virginia family reunion.

Dougie.....didn’t know you were coming👍🏼😂.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Dougie.....didn’t know you were coming👍🏼😂.

I'd like to come and have some good food and maybe meet a cousin. I mean a girlfriend. lol
Interesting matchup. Ashland hangs around but Belfry wins. 28-21
pjdoug Wrote:I'd like to come and have some good food and maybe meet a cousin. I mean a girlfriend. lol

If you come, let me know. We can definitely take care of the good food part. 👍🏼
bucslover68 Wrote:I want to send a big welcome out to the Tomcats and their staff and fans who will head to Belfry tomorrow. It looks as if it will rain early Friday but should be good throughout the game. CAM stadium has plenty of parking behind the home bleachers and in front of the gym. No umbrellas, sunflower seeds, or smoking is allowed at the stadium. You can smoke outside the gates. Concessions and bathrooms are on the home side with some of the best chili dogs and nachos around. If anyone is a radio headset wearer and wants some of the Belfry perspective you can tune in to 93.1 WDHR radio. Good Luck and safe travels. Also with the rain earlier in the day it’s good to bring some paper towels or garbage bags to have dry seating on aluminum bleachers.
He’s not kidding about some of the best chili dogs around. I usually eat as little as I can on Fridays just so those dogs are my supper. Lol
bucslover68 - i call that straight up class man
skully03 Wrote:He’s not kidding about some of the best chili dogs around. I usually eat as little as I can on Fridays just so those dogs are my supper. Lol

thats good stuff. Gotta love a damn good chili dog and maybe a gin and sprite to go along with it. Or if its cold a little bourbon and hot chocolate
cadets1988 Wrote:thats good stuff. Gotta love a damn good chili dog and maybe a gin and sprite to go along with it. Or if its cold a little bourbon and hot chocolate

The best hot dogs you will get at any place it’s a secret recipe the lady that makes it will not give it to anybody.
Good luck tonight Pirates and do hope you guys win and can if you do your jobs, buckle up it’s going to be a tough one.
Ashland is a very good football team, but man, is it difficult to win at Belfry. I think the loss to Johnson Central left a "bad taste" in the Pirates mouths and they are looking for redemption. This isn't a vintage Belfry team, but they are still pretty darn good. I think the difference is Belfry controlling the clock and wearing down Ashland in the end. Belfry wins 35-21.
Want to wish the Belfry Pirates and especially #55 good luck tonight. Keep your mind on the game son and leave it all on the field.

Want to say good luck to those young men from Ashland as well. They've fought hard all season long to get to this point and deserve all the respect in the world.

We kinda get caught up in the moment as fans and tend to forget these are just teenagers putting in the work and are the ones feeling the emotions of a win or lose.

Whoever wins this game tonight is who I'll be cheering for to win the championship. I can't imagine the heart break one of these teams will feel tonight. But just remember, this is just a game. Give it all you got and in the end, no matter what the final score is, you are all winners. You seniors have the rest of your lives to plan for and live. Good luck to the players and coaches, on both sides, and God Bless.
Good luck tonight Ethan Wolford and Issac Dixon and Belfry football :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Good luck tonight Ethan Wolford and Issac Dixon and Belfry football :Cheerlead

Thank you my friend
Spud6 Wrote:That’s crazy! Because when I seen Pikeville play at Belfry they were absolute monsters. So I’d hate to see Ashland.

I don’t know if Ashland is bigger or not but I can guarantee we ha e played against bigger and stronger than Belfry. We looked like boys against men at Spring Valley. But I also think it’s the best thing we could have done playing them. Because Russell and Belfry play a similar style but not nearly the size and strength. I think it’s going to pay off against Belfry.
Ole Kentucky Wrote:I don’t know if Ashland is bigger or not but I can guarantee we ha e played against bigger and stronger than Belfry. We looked like boys against men at Spring Valley. But I also think it’s the best thing we could have done playing them. Because Russell and Belfry play a similar style but not nearly the size and strength. I think it’s going to pay off against Belfry.

Same can be said for the Pirates, we have played a tough schedule as well. I don't think either team will be unprepared.
I agree. It will definitely be a good game.
This is unfortunate that both teams are good enough to make it too Kroger field and play for a state title. If Ashland plays as well this week as last I like our chances but if they were too lose playing there best football they lost too the better team. Good Luck to both teams and GO TOMCATS!!!
Can’t believe I’m saying this but I agree with T-cats. These teams are both good enough to play each other at Kroger field. I do believe whoever comes out on top tonight will represent in Lexington. It will be a good one tonight. Ashland needs to hit some big plays, and Belfry needs to stay ahead of the chains and control the clock. Comes down to who executes and plays the most disciplined. Good luck to both teams and safe travels for the Ashland faithful.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next