Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amanda Collins new BHS Coach Offically
Amanda Collins named at SBDM today about 3:30.

Thoughts?
This the same amanda collins that graduate from Pike Central??
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Amanda Collins ...Where's she from ???

What is SBDM ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yea shes from Central CTD!!!! And was Tammi Tussey's assistant coach for a few years I think
Congratulations to her.

All I can say is a lot of people/basketball players do not want her at Belfry. This could be this biggest mistake Belfry makes. Clay Campbell or Tammy Tussey is the person for this job. If not them two get someone with better expierence and a much better past. She's too young,would make an excellent assistance, then if she proves herself at Belfry then give her this job. NOT NOW
The girl knows basketball, and can outplay anyone around here.. or she could in high school.. Belfry is getting someone with some good bball knowledge.. She's young, but i'd say she will do just fine.. As far as Tussey coaching, i doubt she'll be at any pike county school for a while.. I don't know much about Clay Campbell though
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Shut this down....I got bad info she was not hired....yet
Yeah but the job is pretty much hers, trust me on this one. Just because you can outplay anyone don't mean you can coach. Great players can make horrible coaches.
this thread is closed, If she is hired It will be reopened.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
I guess it will be official at 2:30 today.

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/artic...sports.txt
Never heard of her but I hope she does good at Belfry.
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Never heard of her but I hope she does good at Belfry.
You've never heard of Amanda Collins???...must be young.
Collins scored over 2200 points in her career at Pikeville College and was a tremendous player at Pike Central scoring over 2800 points, her last season being '99.
Amanda Collins is one of the top 25 most prolific scorers in KY girls HS basketball.
Collins also holds the KY Girls state record for rebounds in a game with 36.
One of the greatest all time players in eastern Kentucky.
And that says it all FoxSports. Good luck to her :thumpsup:
:blondedri
Good luck to her.
The press conference was held today and 2:30, all the girls got to attend. WYMY was there so it should be on tv, a lot of people were there for it. It was held in the library and from what I gather went over quite well. She is supposed to be meeting with the girls next week again but also talked to them today after the conference.
Go0d Luck to Coach Collins and the Lady Pirates !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
good luck they got a good and young coach who knows the game very well she has been coaching the grade school team who won the county tournament so definetly took for them to be a force to be rekoned with in a couple of years if not this year.
They are going to be a force this year. No doubt about it, they are loosing 6 seniors but could've went so deep in there bench this year all the way down to their four freshman who dressed. The Lady Pirates will keep the winning tradition I don't think the girls will want that to stop just because a new coach arrives.
Congratulations and Good Luck! Are any of the assistants from last year, Mullins, Hensley, Rutherford or her middle school assistants going to help her?
Mullins told the girls at the meeting that Mark called with the girls that she wasn't going to be there anymore,like I said a while back that really upset the girls, they loved her. I heard Gannon saying that Hensley didn't think she wanted too but she might. Amanda Collins has told some people she has no clue who is going to be her assistant.
Congrats to her!
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]