Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Corbin 11/01
Think it’ll be close if the red hounds offense shows up. If not it’ll be a long night for the defense
I think the Briar Jumpers win it 21-14.
Bull got out! Wrote:This team has grown up since they played flat at Beechwood. One bad game this year.

So the same can't be said for Somerset vs Hazard?? :lmao:
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Somerset barely beat Hazard. Corbin is a lot better than Hazard. Corbin 28 Bunnies 14

Beechwood manhandled Corbin and Somerset put a running clock on the Beechies. Somerset's a lot better than Beechwood..

See how easy it is to compare scores to fit an agenda. Seriously though, both teams are different now than they were then.

I'm going to say the Bunnies take this one by a score of 35-14..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Beechwood manhandled Corbin and Somerset put a running clock on the Beechies. Somerset's a lot better than Beechwood..

See how easy it is to compare scores to fit an agenda. Seriously though, both teams are different now than they were then.

:welcome: to Corbin if you think the score is going to be 35-14, you have a rude awakening coming Confusedmoke:

Corbin 35
Somerset 21
Corbin DEFENSE on dry ground saves the day
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Beechwood manhandled Corbin and Somerset put a running clock on the Beechies. Somerset's a lot better than Beechwood..

I completely agree with you on trying to compare scores. To many variables in all of it to get an exact picture. But I will say in my opinion you are way off on that score prediction. Maybe if it was at somerset. But not at home. They might end up losing, but not by 3 scores on Campbell field.
People are reading too much into past scores. Here's what's not being taken into account:

1. This Somerset team is a shell of what they were when they beat Beechwood. I keep hoping they'll snap out of it and play, but a lot (not all) of them have looked disinterested since Miller got hurt.

2. Jumpers are banged up across the board. I really wouldn't mind seeing Lucas sit a few key players in this one. At the end of the day, this game means nothing.

A month ago I would've said Somerset would run the clock on Corbin. Now, I'd say it will be tight and a loss wouldn't shock me in the slightest.
RoShamBo Wrote:People are reading too much into past scores. Here's what's not being taken into account:

1. This Somerset team is a shell of what they were when they beat Beechwood. I keep hoping they'll snap out of it and play, but a lot (not all) of them have looked disinterested since Miller got hurt.

2. Jumpers are banged up across the board. I really wouldn't mind seeing Lucas sit a few key players in this one. At the end of the day, this game means nothing.

A month ago I would've said Somerset would run the clock on Corbin. Now, I'd say it will be tight and a loss wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

“A shell” of what they were is a little harsh. Do they need to play better? Yes. Are they capable and 3-1 with a 1 pt. Loss since the Miller injury? Yes. I still like this Somerset team and have a good feeling they’ll catch a second wind.
JumperPride1 Wrote:“A shell” of what they were is a little harsh. Do they need to play better? Yes. Are they capable and 3-1 with a 1 pt. Loss since the Miller injury? Yes. I still like this Somerset team and have a good feeling they’ll catch a second wind.

Maybe a bit harsh, but it's tough to see a team that was firing on all cylinders early in the season, and I believe was a top 10 team overall in the state at the time, not playing up to par in crunch time. Yes they've put together the wins still in Miller's absence, but they just haven't looked like they've had the same fire since he went down. Maybe that is just because several guys have some nagging injuries still lingering, but I just hope they can play like they are capable of down the stretch here.
Bunnies have better offense. Hounds have been extremely inconsistent on offense. Bunnies by 12. Hope the Hounds offense finds itself on Friday.
Corbin is having a worse year than anyone expected still a powerhouse though , Somerset is Somerset , Somerset lost their tail back for the season, that has limited the offense a bit not as explosive yet still explosive, they will put up points , Corbin losing to Wayne last werk May have hurt Somerset as it wakes the Hounds up and they’ll play their best this Friday it being @ Corbin Senior Night
I’m taking the Hounds in a upset
Corbin 20
Somerset 15
Somerset 28
Corbin 21
Somerset very well could win but anything up until this point can be thrown out the windows. You can not compare games. Corbin is a completely different team than the first part of the season. The growing pains were expected this year due to the losses and youth. However, talent is still there and as good as most in the state. Again, just young.

Somerset lost a key player but have a very very good offense led by a tremendous QB. Corbin’s D will be a big challenge. How is the jumper D? Corbin doesn’t put up huge numbers but can keep offenses off the field with long drives or hit the quick strike big plays.

Corbin 27
Somerset 21
I don’t see haddix resting any starters.. somerset banged up, I see corbin taking this one 28-21
I had a chance to watch Corbin this past Friday. People keep talking about young corbin team..
They started and played about 9 seniors and that many juniors or more. Qb is a freshman and #11 a freshman..
Wayne Co returns more players back next year than Corbin does..
With that said: Corbin-Somerset will be a great game and both coaches will play this to win. BS if you think coaches will rest starters.. Win every week
Somerset28 - Corbin 21
I think Somerset has a better team over all but I am going to pick Corbin to win this one at home by 7 or less.
Weather might also have a say in this game as it did for Corbin last week, it’s gonna be awful cold in southeast ky Friday night. A lot of stiff hands and legs. I honestly don’t know what somerset runs, I’d say it’ll bother them some as it would anyone. I def know it’ll effect Corbin and the passing game.
Get your propane heaters out and good luck with staying warm..
Maybe 64sur will give you a sip of his blood thinner drink.😂
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I had a chance to watch Corbin this past Friday. People keep talking about young corbin team..
They started and played about 9 seniors and that many juniors or more. Qb is a freshman and #11 a freshman..
Wayne Co returns more players back next year than Corbin does..
With that said: Corbin-Somerset will be a great game and both coaches will play this to win. BS if you think coaches will rest starters.. Win every week
Do the math, 9 seniors this year, 18 last year, yeah only a few have experience, that’s a young team experience wise. There not now, they almost have a season under there belt. I’m proud of this team and how they have made a season out of it. They may not be undefeated or blowing teams out, but they don’t suck either. They could very easily be a 1 loss or undefeated team right now. They played flat footed at Beechwood, other than that not bad at all, just need a little more offense.
I just looked, I didn’t know we grew to 14 seniors. Only 6 play out of 14. I had to check Wayne Since they politically corrected me the other day on stats. 9 of there15 Seniors played from what I could tell from the film glancing through. 7 of there kids played defense. So looks like they will take a hit as well. Should be interesting. On another note, go HOUNDS! . Friday should be another good Game. Don’t forget to record the Ky game.
Briar Jumpers are starting to find a rhythm with the backs replacing Alex. Both offenses can score but I like the Jumpers in this one 28-21.
In the scope of things this game don't mean too much. Well on second thought, only pride of winning against a good team, season record and the dreaded RPI. Winning may keep winner at home late in play-offs. Good Luck to both teams, lots of tradition with both. If Somerset is healthy I like them in a barn burner 21-20.
Somerset by 2 td’s.
I'll be surprised if Corbin doesn't stand tall in this one Smile
My final prediction;

Bunnies-28
Hounds-14
This has been a up and down year for Corbin. If this was last year Corbin team i would take Corbin but this year’s team is not on the same level as Somerset. I think Somerset beats LCA in the playoffs and wins 2A championship. If that is to happen then they need to handle Corbin fairly well and I think they will.

Somerset 41
Corbin 17
I'm going to pick Somerset, but I believe it could go either way.

Somerset 28
Corbin 24
If Somerset is healthy picking them by 9