Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 97' vs Belfry 04'
The other thread about this two teams got a lot of good posts so I thought I would bring this one up considering that Lawrence was in AA at this time. Lawrence had Jason Michaels at QB, Nick Meadows at RB, Charlie Vinson at FB, Parker at wide-out and defeated Breathitt Co. in regional final to stop the streak of 42 consecutive wins. Who wins this game and why?
Belfry, it all comes down to if they could stop Doug or David..IMO
Belfry '04 in this one....but I'm still not sure about the '99 LC team.
I do remember the 02' LC team came into Beflry and pulled out an OT win and last years game in Belfry was one great game as well.
I think that LC could stop the run that year and could IMO do a good enough job to contain the two backs from Belfry enough to win the game. Their weakness was defending the pass which was why Breathitt and LC had such an outstanding game that year.
lets see here I think lc won like the first 4 or 5 meetings and then Belfrey has won the last 4 meetings So I think its 4-4 or 5-4 something like that.

But the teams from the 90's puts it to Belfry. The 97 team by 3 TDS and thats no joke.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:lets see here I think lc won like the first 4 or 5 meetings and then Belfrey has won the last 4 meetings So I think its 4-4 or 5-4 something like that.

But the teams from the 90's puts it to Belfry. The 97 team by 3 TDS and thats no joke.

I really respect Belfry and their program and that the fact that it is NEVER easy to win back-to-back state titles but I do believe that in both threads I started that LC would win both by more than what people believes. I said 14 in the first thread and that was being generous and this one would be about 3 TD's too.
easternkysportsguru Wrote:I really respect Belfry and their program and that the fact that it is NEVER easy to win back-to-back state titles but I do believe that in both threads I started that LC would win both by more than what people believes. I said 14 in the first thread and that was being generous and this one would be about 3 TD's too.

Yes SIR I do respect the Belfry program as well and really look forward to playing them each year. They are a class act. I just think that those two teams it would really be hard for them to beat LC and its one of them things that we will never see., but if it was to be played I still think LC by 3 TDS in this one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
easternkysportsguru Wrote:The other thread about this two teams got a lot of good posts so I thought I would bring this one up considering that Lawrence was in AA at this time. Lawrence had Jason Michaels at QB, Nick Meadows at RB, Charlie Vinson at FB, Parker at wide-out and defeated Breathitt Co. in regional final to stop the streak of 42 consecutive wins. Who wins this game and why?

I have the LC and Breathitt Co game on tape and would love to figure out how to up load it for all to see how good they really were that year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:I have the LC and Breathitt Co game on tape and would love to figure out how to up load it for all to see how good they really were that year.

TRy uploading to www.youtube.com or something of that nature. Id like to get a copy of that game from you sometime.:thumpsup:
well if i could figure out how to upload it from vcr to that i would if someone has any cheap suggestions i will
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I remeber that LC team they were good but Belfry would give them a good game and it would be close. LC might win just because we never play them good but it wouldnt be by 3 teams. David and Doug was truly just hard to tackle. and our defense was tuff as they come.
Lawrence might pull this game out (I don't think they could beat Belfry by 3 touchdowns. The way Belfry eats the clock on offense prevents that from happening in most cases.) but I don't think this is the best Lawrence County team. I was more impressed with the '99 team than I was with this one.
I'll give Lawrence the edge, but not by much.

Final Score:
Lawrence County: 36
Belfry: 35 (OT)
I like Belfry over the '97 LC team because of their ability to control the clock, stop the run, and absolutely punish opposing teams defense.

Belfry 28 - LC 22
I agree I really liked LC in 99 they were tuff.