Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 54 Tates Creek 50
Final.
Is it true that Lex.Cath. was down in this game 36-7 at one point? Thats almost a running clock. If so, that's kinda good and bad for the Knights. GOOD: that they were able to rally and make an impressive come back. BAD: they were down 36-7 to Tates Creek and a TD away from a running clock. They don't come back against a team like Boyle County if they get off to a start like that.
Defense didnt' sound like a part of this game?
Wow...
Luke Duby 31 of 42 for 535 yards 7 TD’s and 1 int., 74 yards rushing.
Beau Allen 31 of 42 for 464 yards 6 TD’s and 2 Ints., 4 yards rushing.
Penalties and mental mistakes killed Tates Creek. LC probably had 200 yards on screen passes and TC just could not stop them. Fun game that unfortunately someone had to lose.
Looking forward to LexCath coming to Rebel Stadium in two weeks.
Congrats to Lex Cath
Anyone else think Beau Allen is pretty much a lock for Mr Kentucky Football.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Anyone else think Beau Allen is pretty much a lock for Mr Kentucky Football.

It looks like Beau Allen had another amazing game in this one. As far as him locking up Mr Football he has a lot going for him. He plays quarterback. He plays in Lexington. He is a UK recruit. I would say he is the favorite to win the award as of right now.
Westside Wrote:It looks like Beau Allen had another amazing game in this one. As far as him locking up Mr Football he has a lot going for him. He plays quarterback. He plays in Lexington. He is a UK recruit. I would say he is the favorite to win the award as of right now.

Definitely the favorite for Mr Football but in my opinion and others that were at the game he was somewhat over shadowed in this game and looked like the second best quarterback on the field at least on that night.
TC threw the ball all over the field and worked the ground game when needed with the QB Luke Duby running for 89 yards according to KHSAA stats. With 535 yards passing he accounted for 624 yards of offense. If not for a failed connection in the end zone with 9 seconds left the narrative would be quite different.

Not to turn this into a Mr Football discussion but if I had a vote it would go to Reese Smith from Boyle County. To me he’s the best player on both sides of the ball on most nights and epitomizes what Mr Football should be.
If you are Lex Cath, what is your excuse for not having a good defense???:dontthink
FCSPY Wrote:If you are Lex Cath, what is your excuse for not having a good defense???:dontthink

Lex Cath has never really had a great defense, even during their State Title run years I wouldn't say it was a great defense. They just had enough of a defense that their offense could out score.
FCSPY Wrote:If you are Lex Cath, what is your excuse for not having a good defense???:dontthink

Cause they play "vanilla" defense. Lots of man to man and they don't have the athletes to go man up.
FBfan4life Wrote:Cause they play "vanilla" defense. Lots of man to man and they don't have the athletes to go man up.

I don’t think they will play Boyle man to man but they might. If they do Boyle might score more than they did against LCA.
blackandgold4life Wrote:I don’t think they will play Boyle man to man but they might. If they do Boyle might score more than they did against LCA.

What have they done in the past against Boyle? I have not seen them change their defense for anyone that I can recall.
Frank Martin Wrote:What have they done in the past against Boyle? I have not seen them change their defense for anyone that I can recall.

Your right they haven’t changed over the years but surely they watch previous games and scheme? I am a Boyle fan so I hope they don’t change their defense but if they don’t Boyle could score 100. I watched the game they played against Tate’s Creek it was horrible as was Tate’s Creek defense after the first quarter. Catholic can’t come into the game with the mindset of just trying to out score Boyle.
I agree Boyle should score a bunch. That being said don’t underestimate what Tates Creek did. They put up 714 yards of offense. No other team this year has come close to that against LC. I know Boyle is loaded with talent but Tates Creek has some talented athletes also. No, I am not saying that they are remotely close to Boyle as a team but they do have just as good or better talent at a FEW positions and on that night they performed at a high level offensively.
All this being said I would expect Boyle to dominate the game and win by 3-4 TD’s. Of course everyone thought Cov Cath would do the same.
Frank Martin Wrote:I agree Boyle should score a bunch. That being said don’t underestimate what Tates Creek did. They put up 714 yards of offense. No other team this year has come close to that against LC. I know Boyle is loaded with talent but Tates Creek has some talented athletes also. No, I am not saying that they are remotely close to Boyle as a team but they do have just as good or better talent at a FEW positions and on that night they performed at a high level offensively.
All this being said I would expect Boyle to dominate the game and win by 3-4 TD’s. Of course everyone thought Cov Cath would do the same.

I get what you are saying but Tate’s creek offense is average at best. Look at what their scoring has been against less than average teams. I am not saying Boyle will score 100 by any means but if Catholic plays the same defense against Boyle they will get beat by way more than 3-4 TDS just my opinion. Catholic could win next Friday night I understand that you have to play the game but I have seen both teams play and catholic doesn’t play to win by playing defense they just try to out score you which I think plays into any good teams favor. I believe Cov Cath had a bad night and underestimated them after the beat downs they gave them. If they played again I would thing CC would win by a few scored. Like I said just my opinion I am by no means an expert.
blackandgold4life Wrote:I get what you are saying but Tate’s creek offense is average at best. Look at what their scoring has been against less than average teams. I am not saying Boyle will score 100 by any means but if Catholic plays the same defense against Boyle they will get beat by way more than 3-4 TDS just my opinion. Catholic could win next Friday night I understand that you have to play the game but I have seen both teams play and catholic doesn’t play to win by playing defense they just try to out score you which I think plays into any good teams favor. I believe Cov Cath had a bad night and underestimated them after the beat downs they gave them. If they played again I would thing CC would win by a few scored. Like I said just my opinion I am by no means an expert.

I am by no means an expert either and I agree with you on some points. The main one being that Boyle dominates the game. But I have to take exception to your comment about Tates Creek. If Tates Creek’s offense is “average at best “ then how below average of an offense does Pulaski, Cov Cath, DeSales and LCA have? They didn’t come close to putting up the numbers Tates Creek did. Full disclosure, I have a specific interest in Tates Creek. When they are healthy and they have only been healthy 2 to 2 1/2 games they can be pretty explosive. There have been glimpses of it if you look deeper than the surface, i.e. they are the only team to score on Frederick Douglass this year and they put up 2 TD’s and over 300 yards of offense up in the first half which is all the starters (with the exception of spot play by a few) played in that game. That’s with 4 turnovers, one of which was going into the end zone from the 5 yard line. You can’t look at the scoring and make a blanket statement like that. QB only played a quarter before suffering a concussion against North Hardin, etc. There’s a lot more that has to be considered.
Frank Martin Wrote:I am by no means an expert either and I agree with you on some points. The main one being that Boyle dominates the game. But I have to take exception to your comment about Tates Creek. If Tates Creek’s offense is “average at best “ then how below average of an offense does Pulaski, Cov Cath, DeSales and LCA have? They didn’t come close to putting up the numbers Tates Creek did. Full disclosure, I have a specific interest in Tates Creek. When they are healthy and they have only been healthy 2 to 2 1/2 games they can be pretty explosive. There have been glimpses of it if you look deeper than the surface, i.e. they are the only team to score on Frederick Douglass this year and they put up 2 TD’s and over 300 yards of offense up in the first half which is all the starters (with the exception of spot play by a few) played in that game. That’s with 4 turnovers, one of which was going into the end zone from the 5 yard line. You can’t look at the scoring and make a blanket statement like that. QB only played a quarter before suffering a concussion against North Hardin, etc. There’s a lot more that has to be considered.

You could be right then! I didn’t realize that they were not healthy and not at full force. I take back the “average” statement and will watch how they do the rest of the season. Are they at full force now? If they are at full force then they should running clock the rest of their opponents except for Pulaski? Good luck the rest of the season and I hope your team doesn’t suffer anymore injuries.
blackandgold4life Wrote:You could be right then! I didn’t realize that they were not healthy and not at full force. I take back the “average” statement and will watch how they do the rest of the season. Are they at full force now? If they are at full force then they should running clock the rest of their opponents except for Pulaski? Good luck the rest of the season and I hope your team doesn’t suffer anymore injuries.

Thanks. They had most back for the LC game. Some are out for the season. Don’t think they will “running clock” any but hoping they can stay healthy and compete the remainder of the season. Good luck to Boyle. Hope to watch them in Commonwealth/Kroger.
Frank Martin Wrote:I agree Boyle should score a bunch. That being said don’t underestimate what Tates Creek did. They put up 714 yards of offense. No other team this year has come close to that against LC. I know Boyle is loaded with talent but Tates Creek has some talented athletes also. No, I am not saying that they are remotely close to Boyle as a team but they do have just as good or better talent at a FEW positions and on that night they performed at a high level offensively.

IMO

Why do you always bring Boyle Co up in threads that don't involve them? This is a thread about TC and LC?

Ridiculous. 😕
FoSho Wrote:IMO

Why do you always bring Boyle Co up in threads that don't involve them? This is a thread about TC and LC?

Ridiculous. 😕

See post #6.
Frank Martin Wrote:See post #6.

IMO

The two posts are irrelevant of each other. You brought us up in conversation. It happens.

The difference is I understand that.

The two posts are irrelevant of each other. You brought us up in conversation. It happens.

The difference is I understand that.

FoSho, don't try to instigate things.
Westside Wrote:FoSho, don't try to instigate things.

IMO

Proving a point.

Did you question him one of the half dozen times he said this to me?

Consistency is all I ask for.

Proving a point.

Did you question him one of the half dozen times he said this to me?

Consistency is all I ask for.

I think you should know I try to be consistent. I have taken care of some posts in the past that you pmed me about. That is all you have to do now. What I see here is you coming into a thread, after being off for a week, and trying instigate something. If you have an issue with some posts, pm me.
Westside Wrote:I think you should know I try to be consistent. I have taken care of some posts in the past that you pmed me about. That is all you have to do now. What I see here is you coming into a thread, after being off for a week, and trying instigate something. If you have an issue with some posts, pm me.

IMO

The poster I quoted has MULTIPLE TIMES referenced that all I do is mention Boyle Co in non related threads...not taking into consideration that conversations on fan forums sometimes lead places.

I'm not instigating anything, I was merely pointing out to him that It seems that I'm not the only poster on this awesome forum that is obsessed with the Rebels.

Consider this my returned olive branch to said poster.

The poster I quoted has MULTIPLE TIMES referenced that all I do is mention Boyle Co in non related threads...not taking into consideration that conversations on fan forums sometimes lead places.

I'm not instigating anything, I was merely pointing out to him that It seems that I'm not the only poster on this awesome forum that is obsessed with the Rebels.

Consider this my returned olive branch to said poster.

Dude... I'm not even involved in your guys' spat and I can tell you're being textbook passive-aggressive.

Give it a rest.