Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co 30 Highlands 0
Rebel55 Wrote:Boyle has 3A enrollment on students. They asked the KHSAA to be moved up to 4A with Lexington Catholic. The KHSAA granted their wish.

I laughed at people in here saying that they where running from CAL and DeSales. After the CAL beating I’m sure that put that silly statement to bed.
I don’t see Boyle running from anyone. But I do think if they stayed CAL would have presented some problems in the future. It would have been some good football to watch. But I’m glad they came up cause it’s even better in 4A. Good luck to you guys.
Mr cold74 Wrote:I would refer you to a dictionary cause you are mistaken

I would refer you to your own business.
Frank Martin and Mr cold74:

Please post on the topic of this thread only.

Another post that's off topic or personal bickering is going to get you the same thing that FoSho got.

Final warning
Hound05 Wrote:1) this thread has brought me so much joy Hahahah.

2) congrats to the rebels on a solid performance. I still stand by my earlier statements that this highland team is good but not great. But it doesn’t matter, because I believe Boyle IS a great team. If the Rebs are able to stay grounded and not get the “big head” syndrome they will be able to bring home some hardware. I still think JC has a very good chance to do the same though. Either way good luck to you guys

Now you know why I’d rather read than post it’s a soap opera.😁
Rebel55 Wrote:Boyle has 3A enrollment on students. They asked the KHSAA to be moved up to 4A with Lexington Catholic. The KHSAA granted their wish.

I laughed at people in here saying that they where running from CAL and DeSales. After the CAL beating I’m sure that put that silly statement to bed.

Rebel55, I know they have won 3A and 2A I think also 1A. Now I may be wrong because I am not a high school football expert. Probably if nothing bad happens they will be playing for a 4A. That would be a great achievement in its self. So do you believe that’s why they moved up? Now I am not trying to be anything but inquisitive.
Patriot1 Wrote:Rebel55, I know they have won 3A and 2A I think also 1A. Now I may be wrong because I am not a high school football expert. Probably if nothing bad happens they will be playing for a 4A. That would be a great achievement in its self. So do you believe that’s why they moved up? Now I am not trying to be anything but inquisitive.

Boyle state Titles:
1999 2A over Glasgow
2000 2A over Glasgow
2001 3A over Rockcastle
2002 3A over Rockcastle
2003 3A over Highlands
2009 4A over Lone Oak
2010 4A over Allen Scottsville
2017 3A over Corbin

Boyle already has State titles in the 4A class. The first 5 titles are in the old 4 class format that was a lot harder than today.
Granny Bear Wrote:Frank Martin and Mr cold74:

Please post on the topic of this thread only.

Another post that's off topic or personal bickering is going to get you the same thing that FoSho got.

Final warning

My apologies granny .I just dislike people to incorrectly assume such things based on their feelings

I will refrain from anymore drama you have my word
Rebel55 Wrote:Boyle state Titles:
1999 2A over Glasgow
2000 2A over Glasgow
2001 3A over Rockcastle
2002 3A over Rockcastle
2003 3A over Highlands
2009 4A over Lone Oak
2010 4A over Allen Scottsville
2017 3A over Corbin

Boyle already has State titles in the 4A class. The first 5 titles are in the old 4 class format that was a lot harder than today.
Thanks I appreciate that
Congrats to my Rebels on their dominant performance over Highlands, I didn’t post a score last week because I wasn’t completely sure Boyle was as good as I thought they were and I knew this game would give me the answer I needed, now I’m convinced that not only are they the favorite too win the 4A title, but one of the top 5 teams in the state in all classes.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Congrats to my Rebels on their dominant performance over Highlands, I didn’t post a score last week because I wasn’t completely sure Boyle was as good as I thought they were and I knew this game would give me the answer I needed, now I’m convinced that not only are they the favorite too win the 4A title, but one of the top 5 teams in the state in all classes.

I would agree with that assessment.
Congrats to Boyle
Jack Lambert Wrote:Congrats to my Rebels on their dominant performance over Highlands, I didn’t post a score last week because I wasn’t completely sure Boyle was as good as I thought they were and I knew this game would give me the answer I needed, now I’m convinced that not only are they the favorite too win the 4A title, but one of the top 5 teams in the state in all classes.

Jack, I want to apologize for calling you out in another thread the other day for bringing up BOYLE in every thread. I now know that I had you mistaken for FoSho! Guy is on another level, and he showed that in this thread.

GREAT WIN FOR BOYLE!!! I am not sure many of you are realizing the point....Highlands isn't overrated.... Boyle is just THAT GOOD!! TITLE TOWN IS BACK!!!

I've said all along that I thought Boyle County was one of the top teams in the state. And when I made that comment earlier in the season, some thought I was crazy. This just proves my point. Although, if the game happens, I think they'll have their hands full with Johnson Central and wouldn't be shocked if JC won. But if I were to place a bet, it'd be on the Rebels.
Good showing by Boyle. Figured they would have scored a little more, but thought they would give up a descent amount of points to highlands. Didn't think Boyle would win by 30. They are the heaviest favorite to win a title in any class imo.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I've said all along that I thought Boyle County was one of the top teams in the state. And when I made that comment earlier in the season, some thought I was crazy. This just proves my point. Although, if the game happens, I think they'll have their hands full with Johnson Central and wouldn't be shocked if JC won. But if I were to place a bet, it'd be on the Rebels.

I would like to see JC in person. I would think Boyle would be the favorite but I think it would be a pretty good game. Close enough that if Boyle turned the ball over a couple of times it would swing the game. But I do think they would be able to score on JC. Just worry about JC's ball control run game.
64black&gold Wrote:I would like to see JC in person. I would think Boyle would be the favorite but I think it would be a pretty good game. Close enough that if Boyle turned the ball over a couple of times it would swing the game. But I do think they would be able to score on JC. Just worry about JC's ball control run game.

I would love to see this game, and we probably will. I too worry, we’ll worry isn’t the right word; I don’t know if Boyle can stop JCs run game. But, on the flip side of things, I don’t know if JC could slow Boyle’s passing down enough. This one of those games where both teams have great defense but the score wouldn’t show it, I could see the +/- for this game being 75-85 points. If we were having this convo last year, I’d give the nod to JC after watching them play and that monster of a backfield and line they had. However we are talking present. Weeks ago I said JC was the #1 team, now I have to tip the scales in the Rebels favor. I honestly still believe the teams they have faced this year are down compared to what they usually are, but it’s the way Boyle put the game away that impressed me about it. If they played with CAL and HHS, and not put them away like they did, I’d still give the edge to JC.
Hound05 Wrote:I would love to see this game, and we probably will. I too worry, we’ll worry isn’t the right word; I don’t know if Boyle can stop JCs run game. But, on the flip side of things, I don’t know if JC could slow Boyle’s passing down enough. This one of those games where both teams have great defense but the score wouldn’t show it, I could see the +/- for this game being 75-85 points. If we were having this convo last year, I’d give the nod to JC after watching them play and that monster of a backfield and line they had. However we are talking present. Weeks ago I said JC was the #1 team, now I have to tip the scales in the Rebels favor. I honestly still believe the teams they have faced this year are down compared to what they usually are, but it’s the way Boyle put the game away that impressed me about it. If they played with CAL and HHS, and not put them away like they did, I’d still give the edge to JC.

Been looking at 4A hard the last couple of days and really think it will come down to these two teams. Should be a great game.
jumpshooter Wrote:Jack, I want to apologize for calling you out in another thread the other day for bringing up BOYLE in every thread. I now know that I had you mistaken for FoSho! Guy is on another level, and he showed that in this thread.

GREAT WIN FOR BOYLE!!! I am not sure many of you are realizing the point....Highlands isn't overrated.... Boyle is just THAT GOOD!! TITLE TOWN IS BACK!!!

I think Highlands May be a little over rated. Good defense. But as people have been saying since game two, offense is bad and the QB is their only weapon.
sstack Wrote:I think Highlands May be a little over rated. Good defense. But as people have been saying since game two, offense is bad and the QB is their only weapon.

I kind of agree that highlands may be a bit overrated, but I also think if you beat highlands by 30 points....you are clearly one of the best teams in the state.